AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2024-02-27, 19:03   Link #661
Shadow5YA

I think the original Land is the one wearing the new outfit with the pants and the clones are the ones wearing the old white robe outfit that we're all familiar with.
That way we're led to think he changed his clothes and escaped through the window, but it was actually a clone.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-27, 22:44   Link #662
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Not sure how I feel about these Shadow Warriors though. They seem well known enough despite what their reputation should indicate, yet they've never come up.
It's not the first time plot points have been created on the fly.

Back during the exam arc, Denken said he wasn't interested in the privilege, implying that he would've either refused to get a spell or asked for a weak spell not related to combat like Fern did.
Then the El Dorado arc rolls around and Denken suddenly says he wanted Mistilziela from the beginning, indicating that Macht wasn't conceptualized that far back.

Solitar was supposed to have met Frieren in the past thanks to the time travel arc, but she showed no indication that she knew Frieren when they fought in El Dorado.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2024-02-27 at 23:39.
Old 2024-02-28, 01:54   Link #663
TURI123456

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
It's not the first time plot points have been created on the fly.

Back during the exam arc, Denken said he wasn't interested in the privilege, implying that he would've either refused to get a spell or asked for a weak spell not related to combat like Fern did.
Then the El Dorado arc rolls around and Denken suddenly says he wanted Mistilziela from the beginning, indicating that Macht wasn't conceptualized that far back.

Solitar was supposed to have met Frieren in the past thanks to the time travel arc, but she showed no indication that she knew Frieren when they fought in El Dorado.
Denken said that he wanted to return to his hometown but he said that only those who are "First-Class Mage" can go there, and Genau and Sense were wondering about his reasons for taking the exam.
So in that case the story built the situation and the story of Macht and that doesn't come from nowhere.
About Solitar I don't think that we can take her as an example, she didn't meet Frieren face to face when Frieren returns to the past.
About the part of the planning of the Manga plot... We need to remember that being a Manga creator it's not a stable job and stuff can be changed all the time because the Manga can be stopped or passed the Manga to another place at any time if the series doesn't show any good receipts... So when the are things in the plot that are probably something that was planned from the beginning (the ending of the story is something that is known and planned from the beginning) the midline is not something that is necessarily planned all along maybe even main events in the plot.
TURI123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-28, 02:35   Link #664
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURI123456 View Post
Denken said that he wanted to return to his hometown but he said that only those who are "First-Class Mage" can go there, and Genau and Sense were wondering about his reasons for taking the exam.
So in that case the story built the situation and the story of Macht and that doesn't come from nowhere.
About Solitar I don't think that we can take her as an example, she didn't meet Frieren face to face when Frieren returns to the past.
About the part of the planning of the Manga plot... We need to remember that being a Manga creator it's not a stable job and stuff can be changed all the time because the Manga can be stopped or passed the Manga to another place at any time if the series doesn't show any good receipts... So when the are things in the plot that are probably something that was planned from the beginning (the ending of the story is something that is known and planned from the beginning) the midline is not something that is necessarily planned all along maybe even main events in the plot.
The contradiction is that Denken didn't care about the reward during the exam. That makes no sense, because he knew about Macht since he was a kid and knew that Macht turned Weiss to gold before the exam took place.

Macht also mentioned that he wanted to stop Frieren before she reaches the border because the empire's special mage forces were guarding it, but there was no such thing when Frieren's party actually reached the empire.
Old 2024-02-28, 11:02   Link #665
TURI123456

Quote:
The contradiction is that Denken didn't care about the reward during the exam. That makes no sense, because he knew about Macht since he was a kid and knew that Macht turned Weiss to gold before the exam took place.

Macht also mentioned that he wanted to stop Frieren before she reaches the border because the empire's special mage forces were guarding it, but there was no such thing when Frieren's party actually reached the empire.
Denken hometown isn't the same place where Macht was trapped and Denken seriously goes with the plan to fight against Macht only after he visits his hometown, Deken could go to his hometown and not meet Macht, but he needs to be a "First-Class Mage" to go there.
About the part with the spell, Denken never said that he wasn't interested he just said that his philosophy is that the way is more important from the end.

About Macht and the empire Macht said that he "couldn't allow Friren to go to the empire because then he would need to fight against those people." (not exact quote), not that those people protect Frieren at the moment.
Old 2024-02-28, 14:26   Link #666
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Denken hometown isn't the same place where Macht was trapped and Denken seriously goes with the plan to fight against Macht only after he visits his hometown, Deken could go to his hometown and not meet Macht, but he needs to be a "First-Class Mage" to go there.
About the part with the spell, Denken never said that he wasn't interested he just said that his philosophy is that the way is more important from the end.
The context was that Richter said how most of the mages are there for the privilege to get any magic they want from Serie, but Denken responded saying it was ridiculous.
If that wasn't a denial then I don't know what is.

Quote:
About Macht and the empire Macht said that he "couldn't allow Friren to go to the empire because then he would need to fight against those people." (not exact quote), not that those people protect Frieren at the moment.
Never said they had to protect Frieren. Macht said there would be a group of elite mages protecting empire territory. We even got an image of what they looked like.

Frieren has now been in the empire for how long now? Yet we never see "those people" that Macht talked about. Seems like an indication that whatever idea they had for the empire changed over time.
Old 2024-02-28, 15:03   Link #667
Huh...?

Series is getting a Novel adaptation.
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...tation/.208091

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-28, 17:06   Link #668
TURI123456

Quote:
The context was that Richter said how most of the mages are there for the privilege to get any magic they want from Serie, but Denken responded saying it was ridiculous.
If that wasn't a denial then I don't know what is.

I don't think that I understand your point...
Denken denied the philosophy but he still will take the spell because he is still pragmatic and if he thought that this opportunity could help him he will take that again Denken was there for the title so he could return to his hometown the spell is just a bonus.

Quote:
Never said they had to protect Frieren. Macht said there would be a group of elite mages protecting empire territory. We even got an image of what they looked like.

Frieren has now been in the empire for how long now? Yet we never see "those people" that Macht talked about. Seems like an indication that whatever idea they had for the empire changed over time.
Sorry, I didn't understand you well before.
Why should Frieren meet those mages? She didn't do anything that should make them meet. And assassin her life is a secret mission so I don't think that is so weird.
About the special design, I don't think that says something, a lot of the minor characters get designed.
Old 2024-02-29, 10:23   Link #669
Shadow5YA

Second popularity poll held, starting in March (now) until the 24th.

https://websunday.net/frieren2403/
Old 2024-03-05, 17:25   Link #670
Shadow5YA

Volume 13 set to release on 4/17.

https://twitter.com/FRIEREN_PR/statu...29518174245090

Images
vol 13 cover
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I guess it was obvious in the last chapter who would be getting focus during this arc, but these story arcs really don't seem to be planned out all that thoroughly, huh.

What about Denken? He's supposed to be an imperial mage, so why isn't he showing up?

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2024-03-05 at 18:11.
Old 2024-03-05, 18:22   Link #671
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
What about Denken? He's supposed to be an imperial mage, so why isn't he showing up?
I would think that is exactly because he's an Imperial court mage that he may want to avoid getting involved in any political stuff he doesn't have to.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-05, 18:48   Link #672
Twi

Isn't he also dealing with the fallout from El Dorado, given he was on barrier duty and now has an entire city locked 50 years in the past to deal with? He's positioned to take it over once they finish investigating all of the levels of corruption and etc, as Gluck intended.
Old 2024-03-06, 02:32   Link #673
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
I would think that is exactly because he's an Imperial court mage that he may want to avoid getting involved in any political stuff he doesn't have to.
I'm pretty sure a ball with major leaders from all over the country invited counts as something an imperial court mage would be obligated to attend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Isn't he also dealing with the fallout from El Dorado, given he was on barrier duty and now has an entire city locked 50 years in the past to deal with? He's positioned to take it over once they finish investigating all of the levels of corruption and etc, as Gluck intended.
He's the imperial court mage, meaning he works for the empire before he works for Gluck. Unless he steps down, he doesn't get to stay in Weiss if duty calls him back to the empire.
Old 2024-03-06, 14:11   Link #674
TURI123456

Quote:
I'm pretty sure a ball with major leaders from all over the country invited counts as something an imperial court mage would be obligated to attend.

He's the imperial court mage, meaning he works for the empire before he works for Gluck. Unless he steps down, he doesn't get to stay in Weiss if duty calls him back to the empire.
We also don't know what is the responsibility of his role (or if he doesn't resign from his rank) one option could be it is just a formal rank without power, although we've seen him with the ruler of the empire.
Anyway, I think that we need to wait for the conclusions for now until more chapters are released.
Old 2024-03-12, 16:12   Link #675
Shadow5YA

New chapter is out in Japan.

Ubel and Land are looking nice in their formal party outfits.

https://twitter.com/FRIEREN_PR/statu...67474789171655

Spoiler for ch127:

Next chapter is in issue #21. We're on issue 16 right now, so that's... five weeks from now, on April 17.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2024-03-14 at 13:40.
Old 2024-03-12, 16:41   Link #676
James Rye

Cute Übel x Land chapter. It explains the tension between the empire and Serie's Mage association and showed us the basically Stasi Mages of the empire. Really liked the part where Land was first ready to ditch Übel, then realized this might be too much for her after all and decided to do the kabedon to ensure they get more time for the search.
Interesting was also how Übel's face was hidden in the panel where Land was busy analyzing the Stasi Mage being a "guardian" for this event and when we see her face she looks away while holding her hands over her heart. And when Land went all business back to search she got pissed and kicked him, lol. Seems like the Kabedon was super effective. Land is digging himself deeper and deeper into this hole. XD
Old 2024-03-12, 18:58   Link #677
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Lots of fanservice in this chapter. More Übel x Land shipping and Fern and Frieren wearing cat ears.

The info dump about the empire was very much needed because we really don't know much about them. I found the explanation a bit odd though. They made it sound like the Empire and the Continental Magic Association are at odds and yet plenty of mages from the Empire are part of the Association, including Denken who is a court mage.
Old 2024-03-12, 19:12   Link #678
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The info dump about the empire was very much needed because we really don't know much about them. I found the explanation a bit odd though. They made it sound like the Empire and the Continental Magic Association are at odds and yet plenty of mages from the Empire are part of the Association, including Denken who is a court mage.
To be fair, being from the empire as a normal citizen and working for the empire's government are two different things.

I do think it's odd that they forgot about Denken though, because he definitely had an actual position.
Old 2024-03-12, 19:46   Link #679
patnam

what if the Shadow Warriors finally succeeding in assassinate Serie?
patnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-12, 21:30   Link #680
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
I do think it's odd that they forgot about Denken though, because he definitely had an actual position.
It's exactly because they're at odds that someone with a foot in both doors like Denken can be useful as a go-between.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, after victory, demons, elf, elf life, eternity, hero party