AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-02-21, 09:15   Link #1001
SIRWilczek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Pretty much any media that has elves with humans in it deals with this issue to some extent as part of the characterization of the elven character, this is just one of the few series that makes it a major plot point.
Maybe, but I always felt like it usually doesn't go further than "Haha Im 200 years old, so funny, I remember that war you were talking about like it was yesterday "
idk I just can't shake off the feeling that a lot of authors don't really think about the consequences of a civillized race living an insanely long life
Old 2024-02-21, 12:16   Link #1002
kari-no-sugata II

With this series, "time" is definitely fundamental to both the plot and characters.
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-22, 05:10   Link #1003
Huh...?

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-22, 05:41   Link #1004
magnuskn

The action looks pretty amazing. And Frieren is getting excited, meaning a big fight is coming up.
Old 2024-02-22, 10:10   Link #1005
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I was imagining the next episode would be half Frieren's copy killing everybody half real Frieren reading her books
Old 2024-02-22, 14:16   Link #1006
Frontier

Ubel fighting herself seems fun .

I guess you need Frieren to beat Frieren .
Old 2024-02-22, 14:21   Link #1007
Thor's Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I don't think that's necessary. Having one of Wirbel or Ubel take on the Frieren replica would work since they can incapacitate it with Sorganeil. All the two of them need is one person to do damage to the replica while they render it completely immobile into a non-threat.
Thor's Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-22, 14:27   Link #1008
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:

"Only a Gundam can beat a Gundam"
Old 2024-02-22, 14:33   Link #1009
EroKing

Old 2024-02-23, 11:34   Link #1010
Frontier

Spiegel is the lord of this dungeon and also the most formidable force for the examinees to face...because not only do you have to fight clones of yourself, but also Final Boss level opponents like Frieren and Sense. But at least it promotes good teamwork !

At least Denken has enough sense to know that as they are now they can't take on Frieren in a head-on confrontation so they immediately retreat. I like how everyone is flying while Laufen is just jumping around like an acrobat .

Land really should've expected he'd get pierced the moment he became involved with Ubel...even if it's Ubel's clone that's doing the piercing instead of herself. Though while it's less of a chatterbox than normal Ubel, it's just as fierce, and she's not happy with the match-up (even if her face tells a different story) but she's gained enough understanding of Land to know that putting herself out there would make the REAL him get involved and give her the advantage she needs. Just watch out for what'll happen when she gets a full understanding of you .

(So do none of Land's clones actually know they are clones or are they just programmed to say that ?)

Frieren, Sense, and Fern are still casually clearing the dungeon and even finding hidden rooms. Is that Royal Dynasty mural from Flamme's time? Frieren isn't too shocked by it, but she likes how happy Fern is at a new discovery .

I guess the only way to beat a Frieren is to HAVE a Frieren...and Frieren seems game to fight herself. Though that doesn't necesarilly make the challenge any easier. Because how do you beat Frieren ?

Wouldn't we all wish to be hugged by Methode, especially when she smells nice, even if it was so she could practice hypnosis on us? Though look at Fern getting pouty and jealous ?

The gang ponder whether Edel (Tomoyo Kurosawa), who specializes in hypnosis would be able to effect the Frieren clone but she and her party are busy fighting a clone of...Sense! And Edel comes off kind of haughty like an ojou-sama but she's very self-aware and cognizant of how screwed they are against Sense and her powerful hair magic...especially as modern mages. And even more so when they realize her magic is useless against the clones because they're not sentient. She has no choice but to call forth her golem and retreat after getting stabbed. Hope she gets immediate medical attention !

Kanne and Lawine are progressing, Ubel and Land are still a crack ship in the making, some dude has given up, and Wirbel and his party are in a war of attrition against their clones...a war they seem to be winning .

So it seems like the groups' biggest advantage against Frieren...is Fern! Time for the student to help defeat the master !
Old 2024-02-23, 13:22   Link #1011
Shadow5YA

Quote:
(So do none of Land's clones actually know they are clones or are they just programmed to say that ?)
The reason why Land's clone didn't accept the escape golem was because he knew it was a clone.

Ubel wants to copy Land's magic, so she doesn't want to kill him until she gains a deep enough understanding about him to do so.
Land knows that, which is why he's challenging her to try.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-23, 14:06   Link #1012
TURI123456

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor's Hammer View Post
I don't think that's necessary. Having one of Wirbel or Ubel take on the Frieren replica would work since they can incapacitate it with Sorganeil. All the two of them need is one person to do damage to the replica while they render it completely immobile into a non-threat.
I don't think that would work.
Frieren probably has something against such a thing, and even if she doesn't have something that will protect her in 100% persistent she probably knows a lot about those kinds of spells, moreover, her clone probably shoots automatically when someone gets into the room, and if we need to judge by the group response to the first attack of the clone there are no promises that they can protect themself from high numbers of attack that must likely well get in.
TURI123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-23, 14:24   Link #1013
Kazu-kun

Sorganeil is a type of restraining magic. It won't work on Freiren who has passive defense against restraining magic as shown in this episode.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2024-02-23 at 17:29.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-23, 17:07   Link #1014
Huh...?

The clone have the original personality of the target as well.

And as Frieren said, it would have the same weakness as the original.

And as we know, the weakness of Frieren are that she is weak to,
- cold weather, which makes her sluggish
- bad at getting up in the morning
- finding about new spells
- Mimic's, for which she always fall

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-23, 17:18   Link #1015
GDB

Surprised they added that anime original "hidden room" scene. It was really nicely done too, so glad they included it.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-23, 17:20   Link #1016
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
The clone have the original personality of the target as well.

And as Frieren said, it would have the same weakness as the original.

And as we know, the weakness of Frieren are that she is weak to,
- cold weather, which makes her sluggish
- bad at getting up in the morning
- finding about new spells
- Mimic's, for which she always fall
I know you're joking, but the escape golems are set to automatically break open the next morning. They can't stall for that long.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-23, 19:20   Link #1017
grecefar

ubel and land should marry already.

I'm hoping they use a mimic to beat that frieren clone, it will be hilarious.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-23, 19:23   Link #1018
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

You know what would be hilarious? For them to find a chest the spell says is a mimic, toss it into the room with clone Frieren, only for clone Frieren to open it and find a grimoire inside

Fern being so possessive of Frieren was cute. And as expected of someone who's been close to her for more than a decade (it's only hitting me as I type this that Frieren's been with Fern longer than with Himmel), Fern knows best what her master's weakness is.

Sense is rather shrewd, her accompanying them inside the dungeon just makes it even harder for them to clear it.
Old 2024-02-23, 20:01   Link #1019
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
Honestly that's the most obvious weakness she has. Fern's eyes were pretty big when they were talking about how to beat her so she's got to have something fun up her sleeve.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-23, 20:36   Link #1020
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
ubel and land should marry already.

Except Frieren has already gone the full completionist route... meaning she's found every mimic and killed them (presumably).

Slightly more seriously, it was established that the clones don't have a mind. They're more like imitations than direct copies. So it shouldn't have Frieren's general personality.

Tags
adventure, fantasy