AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-02-07, 06:13   Link #901
Huh...?

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-07, 09:18   Link #902
kari-no-sugata II

The things fans come up with:
YouTube

Turn on subtitles for a rough translation. The same user has a bunch more Frieren videos...
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-07, 11:29   Link #903
TURI123456

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor's Hammer View Post
Frieren will certainly lie if it gives her victory as seen with Laufen, but in the anime, there is no evidence of her lying to demons so far. She said to Draht that she couldn't break his thread, which is a fact, since what she needed to do was cut off his arms with magic. If the Demon King had been sealed instead of killed, I believe history would look upon the Hero's Party differently. And as you said yourself, Frieren never made any preparations to visit the Demon King's castle in the future before she found out about Aureole, so all evidence points to the Demon King having been killed, which would mean she was telling Qual the truth.

If something big happened when Frieren and the Hero's Party fought the Demon King, maybe it's that Frieren put up a barrier around the area where they fought the Demon King, so none of his underlings could join the fight, making it a true 4v1 against the Demon King. As Flamme's apprentice, Frieren almost certainly had a lot of experience with barriers, which was shown in the most recent episode in which she broke a very powerful barrier made by Serie, so I believe she put up a very powerful barrier that none of the demons could break easily.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata II View Post
Personally, I don't think this series needs some crazy revelation about what happened with the fight against the Demon King that totally changes how we see everything. It's not that sort of series. I would certainly expect something interesting to have happened but so far the more impactful flashbacks have really been between Frieren and Himmel - the story is focused on the characters ( character development and character interaction) and not so much on plot or action. After all, the main quest is already done.

I'm sure there'll be some final obstacle to Frieren getting to Aureole (it's probably not a coincidence the Demon King's castle was built where it was) but beating the Demon King again doesn't sound very interesting to me.
About Frieren and lies I didn't say this to take a side in this discussion I just said something that Frieren will do to win. In other words, I mean more about Frieren's personality here.

About the fight, something big happened there Eisen himself said this, what is this and how unique it is when we compare it to other series, that is something that we can't say because we don't know what happened there.
TURI123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-08, 05:40   Link #904
kari-no-sugata II

Ep 22 preview

YouTube
Old 2024-02-08, 09:37   Link #905
Twi

Five guesses what Wirbel is talking to Stark about.
Old 2024-02-08, 10:26   Link #906
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I'm starting to think the mangaka hates Stark or something. He removes him from a really huge story arc centered around action even though the character's entire point is that he is suitable to fight or something. However, they only bring him back for jokes?
Old 2024-02-08, 13:28   Link #907
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
I'm starting to think the mangaka hates Stark or something. He removes him from a really huge story arc centered around action
How do you expect Stark to fight in an exam for mages?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
even though the character's entire point is that he is suitable to fight or something. However, they only bring him back for jokes?
I don't know why you're assuming this is supposed to be malicious.
Stark's in town waiting for them, so naturally he would be there when they're on break between tests.

Stark is more than just his ability to fight. If you're after a battle shonen, this series isn't for you.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-08, 21:00   Link #908
Frontier

Quote:
YouTube
A breather episode with the various groups spending their day between exam! The main trio reunite (and Stark may or may not be in the doghouse)! Lawine dresses up for a date with her girlfriend !
Old 2024-02-09, 04:00   Link #909
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
The things fans come up with:
YouTube

Turn on subtitles for a rough translation. The same user has a bunch more Frieren videos...
this is so cute and hilarious. Thanks for sharing.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-09, 10:40   Link #910
Shadow5YA

Trailer for the next test. The action animation as been rather reserved for the first test so I'm glad it looks like they're going to put some flair for the next part.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2024-02-09 at 11:02.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-09, 11:30   Link #911
magnuskn

Wow, the trailer already looks amazing. Really looking forward to it.
Old 2024-02-09, 11:35   Link #912
Frontier

With the first exam over, we have the groups we've followed passing onto to round 2...including two other groups we haven't had the chance to get to know yet .

I hope Stark enjoyed his vacation because the wife and the mother-in-law are back..and she's already dogging him for staying up too late drinking juice! Fern pouts have returned! And that means they need to treat Fern !

So Richter's day job is running a magic shop and fixing things up. He seems pretty affable off the clock from the exam, but he still doesn't want to get along better with Denken or Laufen and her donuts knowing they'll be competing against each other in the 2nd exam. But even he can't resist Denken and his "I went somewhere with my wife..." move .

Laden doesn't trust people but I feel like he wishes he could get along with cats better...all the same, he like most people probably wishes he didn't get caught by Ubel or her interest late into the night, though as psycho as Ubel comes off it turns out she's the type who empathizes with the people she faces off against, if only because that's how she learns their magic for herself to use. And Laden just happened to catch her interest .

What are the chances that both Frieren and Denken would have fond memories with a loved one that would bring them to the same restaurant from their past? Though it's the perfect excuse for a new Himmel flashback as the team digs into a great meal. Sure food changes over time and generation after generation, but if it's still tasty (maybe even tastier) that's what matters .

I love how this random dude, unprompted, just told Stark the secrets of martial arts while Stark was training.

Ah, I see Frieren's overslept a few too many times and now Fern is ticked at her. They're going to have to use up all their savings to make Fern happy .

Lawine's family really dotes on her, especially her brothers, and they love dressing her up. All the better to look fancy for her little "date" with Kanne !

Wirbel is looking for a warrior to slay a monster with! And Stark is the perfect choice! And Fern gives him up like it's nothing .

Well, it's nice to see the girls all bonding and enjoying hanging out, especially as Frieren realizes what Himmel meant by the impact that changing ones' life, no matter how small, can feel good and mean you will continue to be remembered .

I love all the ways people discovered their test...Ehre has a bird on her head, some dude is in the bath, Methode is holding the bird, Laufen is still enjoying her donuts, Ubel is trying to get chummy with Laden, etc. Though it seems like the 2nd exam will be even harder with Sense proctoring it. She says she's a "pacifist" so I guess nobody will die...but it'll still be super difficult .
Old 2024-02-09, 13:35   Link #913
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 22:

nice smile, Frieren look so happy during the girl's talk. It seems she now understood what Himmel said about how to make people remember her.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-09, 14:00   Link #914
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Five guesses what Wirbel is talking to Stark about.
"Want to join the French Foreign Legion and forget about it all?"
Old 2024-02-09, 18:56   Link #915
Twi

Quote:
"Want to join the French Foreign Legion and forget about it all?"
If it saves him from an angry Fern...

Love these types of episodes where you see everyone when not in a pitched battle to the death.
Old 2024-02-09, 19:03   Link #916
GDB

I normally alternate between liking and being indifferent to Fern, but episodes like this really make me not like her much. I agree with Stark, she was just a pain in the butt this episode.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-09, 19:21   Link #917
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Contrary to what you might think watching it, the trailer actually does a good job showing a lot while spoiling very little. I doubt it's possible to figure out what's going on without context.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I love how this random dude, unprompted, just told Stark the secrets of martial arts while Stark was training.
He's just a senile old man who's been following him around spouting random stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I normally alternate between liking and being indifferent to Fern, but episodes like this really make me not like her much. I agree with Stark, she was just a pain in the butt this episode.
I find her behavior pretty realistic. A socially stunted teenager who tries to act like a mature lady but is actually very childish. Her design is also a perfect mix of cute and sexy. She's my favorite character by far.
Old 2024-02-09, 20:37   Link #918
grecefar

Omurice, the food of the heroes!

These chapters are good too. My boy stark is back and was found out that he was being lazy all the time, of course fern would notice.

Good interactions all over between the parties and now future enemies, stark made some new friends too.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-09, 21:00   Link #919
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Last two words unnecessary...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-09, 21:24   Link #920
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
He's just a senile old man who's been following him around spouting random stuff.
Or Stark is just a magnet for warriors and random old people .

Tags
adventure, fantasy