AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-01-26, 20:10   Link #801
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Haha. Underestimate Fern at your peril! I love that when she determined the situation might be troublesome that Fern just started blasting . Fern's approach is good and simple. Just win ! Especially against an opponent that's focused more on specialized magic, can just wear her down with a pure numbers game. Worked in her battle against that demon and worked here. Doesn't matter how cool blood magic or earth magic is. Can't do much if they can't attack .

And no surprise Fern's a solid liar. Was raised by a crooked priest and Frieren that knows the important things when fighting demons. Deceiving by hiding mana is key, but deceiving to create an opening to win isn't bad either .

Now that Fern's side won I'm totally fine with their opponents. Love that dude planning on carrying her along with magic like poor Stark. But she managed to whine her way into a more dignified position . Poor Wirbel. His team is a mess . They are honestly perfectly fine, but they picked the worst fight of their lives. Hilariously they have the right spell to capture the darn birds but couldn't track one down! Not until almost the last minute. And only after getting stomped.

Frieren has quite the good poker face herself. Not giving up much of anything to Denken. And while the logic is sound, it can be reversed pretty easily. Denken won't be passing either if he or his party members aren't alive to tell the tale. And considering that one guy is more than willing to kill a couple of kids I don't see Frieren having much trouble with taking him out.

A troublesome situation, but one that can be turned around.
Old 2024-01-26, 20:22   Link #802
grecefar

if denken knows who she was being the smart man he is, he should know how poweful she is and unless he has a really good plan then he being confident is just sad. I like denken and for the looks of it he can become a good friend with frieren.

it was sooo cliche that wirbel party found the bird by luck but the thing is that it was hilarious and so well done lol.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-26, 20:42   Link #803
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
So Serie is voiced by Mariya Ise based on the preview? Not the voice I expected for her.
Coupled with Undead Unluck, she's really nailing these surprise, pivotal, blonde roles .
Quote:
Fern vs Ehre was not animated very well, but it's not a fight that matters much anyway. It just came to down to Fern beam spamming in the end, with Ehre having to use all her mana to defend herself. It was also confirmed Fern was the one who caught the Stille using the same spell as Frieren.
Checks out .
Quote:
Wirbel seemed like the typical edgy teenager character at first, but not only is he much older than he looks, he's also not edgy at all. He only kills when it's necessary and he sure as hell doesn't enjoy it, unlike Übel. Happy his party ended up being lucky because they're pretty likable.
I hope things progress well between Ehre and Wirbel .
Old 2024-01-26, 21:01   Link #804
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
if denken knows who she was being the smart man he is, he should know how poweful she is and unless he has a really good plan then he being confident is just sad. I like denken and for the looks of it he can become a good friend with frieren.
He's wants to stall time for Laufen to run and hide since Frieren can easily track her down with mana detection like he said.

There's only 3 hours left until the deadline at sunset. As long as he can keep her busy until then, his team wins.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2024-01-26 at 21:20.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-26, 21:17   Link #805
grecefar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
He's wants to buy time for Laufen to run and hide, since like he said, Frieren can easily track her down with mana detection.
If he wins, great, and if he doesn't, then at least Laufen has a chance to hide while Frieren is preoccupied with fighting Denken.
still there is still 3 hour left, like I say he needs to have a really good plan if he wants to stall frieren for 3 hours and no matter how quick laufen is, she can't run forever and I doubt she can run and use her abilty for 3 hours straight.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-26, 21:30   Link #806
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
still there is still 3 hour left, like I say he needs to have a really good plan if he wants to stall frieren for 3 hours and no matter how quick laufen is, she can't run forever and I doubt she can run and use her abilty for 3 hours straight.
She only should and need to cast Jilwer once. The problem is that since it's a spell, Frieren can detect her mana the moment she casts it.

Therefore, Denken wants to distract Frieren so that Laufen has a chance to hide.
Old 2024-01-26, 23:12   Link #807
Decel

Wow Wirbel's team is surprisingly totally likeable. I'm down for a spinoff series of that team if the opportunity arises.

Fern didn't only super-spam Ehre with that terminator look, but that last blast seems like but a taste of what she can actually dish out. Wirbel thinks Ehre can win against Fern, but from what I see the matchup was nowhere close. I wonder how things would play out in a Fern vs Denken matchup.

Oh and awesome worldbuilding through Wirbel's personal story. It just creeps in layers of harsh reality. Demons and monsters aren't enough of a problem to prevent human wars, and child soldiers.

It's one thing for the girls to not recognize Frieren, much less know her name's reputation, but for Kanne to not even know the story of the Hero's party? Boy does history dissipate into nothingness fast.

From that reaction, Frieren definitely knows Serie. Oh, and from Serie's looks, maybe Lugner mistook her for Frieren? With his arrogance, he couldn't conceive the notion that there are more than a genius every few centuries or so...?

How do you end on a cliffhanger? By summoning an actual cliff...

Last edited by Decel; 2024-01-26 at 23:27.
Decel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-26, 23:47   Link #808
Ragashingo
Happy Sphere

We got another reference to Demon-kind starting new trouble the same year Himmel the Hero died. Were they waiting him out?
Old 2024-01-27, 00:13   Link #809
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decel View Post
Wow Wirbel's team is surprisingly totally likeable. I'm down for a spinoff series of that team if the opportunity arises.

Fern didn't only super-spam Ehre with that terminator look, but that last blast seems like but a taste of what she can actually dish out. Wirbel thinks Ehre can win against Fern, but from what I see the matchup was nowhere close. I wonder how things would play out in a Fern vs Denken matchup.

Oh and awesome worldbuilding through Wirbel's personal story. It just creeps in layers of harsh reality. Demons and monsters aren't enough of a problem to prevent human wars, and child soldiers.

It's one thing for the girls to not recognize Frieren, much less know her name's reputation, but for Kanne to not even know the story of the Hero's party? Boy does history dissipate into nothingness fast.

From that reaction, Frieren definitely knows Serie. Oh, and from Serie's looks, maybe Lugner mistook her for Frieren? With his arrogance, he couldn't conceive the notion that there are more than a genius every few centuries or so...?

How do you end on a cliffhanger? By summoning an actual cliff...
Yeah, it's kind of nice how that group ended up pretty likable. I mean we didn't get that much from the third guy. But from the attitude after getting recovered by his teammates, he seems ok.

Agreed that I don't think the fight was even close. Fern was managing her distance just fine and honestly seemed to just be feeling out her opponent. Different type of attack from the usual training with Frieren. Once she got rolling there was no contest. But I don't blame Wirbel. Fern is suppressing her mana constantly. If he read the situation from detectable mana then he wouldn't be wrong to think Ehre could win in an ideal situation.

Will be interesting to see Denken vs Frieren. I'd suspect Fern might have a tougher time against that guy just because he has quite a bit of experience and at least seems confident despite knowing who Frieren is. But Fern can attack fast and that's tough to handle.

I don't know if history disappears that fast. Kanne kind of just seems like the type that's never opened up a history book.
Old 2024-01-27, 00:29   Link #810
Thor's Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragashingo View Post
We got another reference to Demon-kind starting new trouble the same year Himmel the Hero died. Were they waiting him out?
If they were waiting him out, I take it Himmel was strong even as an old man and could still kill demons. Himmel may be dead, but I'm a romantic, so I've been praying that there was a way for Frieren and Himmel to be together given Frieren is slowly realizing that she loved him. I think Heiter stated in one of this series’s earliest episodes if that there were a spell that could resurrect the dead pretty damn near everybody would know it.

As such, I don’t think Serie has such a spell as she would probably have revived many elves if that were the case rather than allow the elven race to die out slowly, but I believe it’s possible that the spell will be invented one day. I like shows with ample foreshadowing, which is why Re:zero is right down my alley, so Frieren saying that humanity only recently learned how to fly by adapting the demonic spell for flight piqued my interest a lot. Where I’m going with this is that Aura could control the dead. What if a demon were to go one step further and resurrect the dead? We know that people can speak with the dead at Aureole at the Demon King’s castle. Given that possibility, maybe it’s possible for a demon to learn how to resurrect the dead.

I consider a demon eventually creating a spell that resurrects the dead a possibility mainly because Himmel was unable to draw out the Hero’s Sword, which means there is still some monstrous evil to be unleashed onto the world in the future. If a demon that could resurrect the dead existed, it would be a huge threat since it could bring back all the most dangerous demons from antiquity, including the previous Demon King. After encountering this demon, Frieren could learn to understand the principles behind the resurrecting of the dead and adapt the spell for humanity’s magic, allowing herself to live happily ever after with Himmel.
Thor's Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-27, 02:45   Link #811
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor's Hammer View Post
If they were waiting him out, I take it Himmel was strong even as an old man and could still kill demons. Himmel may be dead, but I'm a romantic, so I've been praying that there was a way for Frieren and Himmel to be together given Frieren is slowly realizing that she loved him. I think Heiter stated in one of this series’s earliest episodes if that there were a spell that could resurrect the dead pretty damn near everybody would know it.

As such, I don’t think Serie has such a spell as she would probably have revived many elves if that were the case rather than allow the elven race to die out slowly, but I believe it’s possible that the spell will be invented one day. I like shows with ample foreshadowing, which is why Re:zero is right down my alley, so Frieren saying that humanity only recently learned how to fly by adapting the demonic spell for flight piqued my interest a lot. Where I’m going with this is that Aura could control the dead. What if a demon were to go one step further and resurrect the dead? We know that people can speak with the dead at Aureole at the Demon King’s castle. Given that possibility, maybe it’s possible for a demon to learn how to resurrect the dead.

I consider a demon eventually creating a spell that resurrects the dead a possibility mainly because Himmel was unable to draw out the Hero’s Sword, which means there is still some monstrous evil to be unleashed onto the world in the future. If a demon that could resurrect the dead existed, it would be a huge threat since it could bring back all the most dangerous demons from antiquity, including the previous Demon King. After encountering this demon, Frieren could learn to understand the principles behind the resurrecting of the dead and adapt the spell for humanity’s magic, allowing herself to live happily ever after with Himmel.
Given the way Serie sits on that throne, I doubt she is actually one of the good guys.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-27, 03:33   Link #812
EroKing

Episode 20

Bow down before the Brute Force Queen!
Old 2024-01-27, 05:04   Link #813
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep20:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-27, 08:02   Link #814
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I don't know if history disappears that fast. Kanne kind of just seems like the type that's never opened up a history book.
In Kanne's case, I'm pretty sure that's the reason. Lawine knew about Frieren, but since she's never met an Elf before (like 99% of people), she wasn't sure the rumors they didn't age were true. I'm guessing Serie doesn't make many public appearances and probably only shows herself before first class mages.
Old 2024-01-27, 08:25   Link #815
Huh...?

Quote:
From that reaction, Frieren definitely knows Serie.
Agree.

Maybe it was Serie who defeated Frieren in the past.

Remember how in Episode 18, Frieren mentioned that she had lost to 11 people in her life so far, who had less Mana than her.
And they were 6 Humans, 4 Demons and 1 Elf.

If we consider that Serie is a walking grimoire, it's understandable that she would be able to defeat Frieren because of her versatility with all those Spells she knew.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-27, 10:49   Link #816
Decel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
Agree.

Maybe it was Serie who defeated Frieren in the past.

Remember how in Episode 18, Frieren mentioned that she had lost to 11 people in her life so far, who had less Mana than her.
And they were 6 Humans, 4 Demons and 1 Elf.

If we consider that Serie is a walking grimoire, it's understandable that she would be able to defeat Frieren because of her versatility with all those Spells she knew.
Yeah I totally expect Serie to be one of the victors. I didn't notice the full breakdown though. I actually thought there were more elves in that list; Frieren seems totally middle-of-the-pack compared to Kraft and Serie. 4 demons huh. Quaal, and 3 more...
Old 2024-01-27, 14:21   Link #817
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Agreed that I don't think the fight was even close. Fern was managing her distance just fine and honestly seemed to just be feeling out her opponent. Different type of attack from the usual training with Frieren. Once she got rolling there was no contest. But I don't blame Wirbel. Fern is suppressing her mana constantly. If he read the situation from detectable mana then he wouldn't be wrong to think Ehre could win in an ideal situation.
To be fair, it's not like Wirbel's team would've fared any better if they were paired differently.

Scharf is bad at mana detection, so he probably would've done even worse against Fern, and would've had trouble defending against Ubel's cutting magic.

Wirbel needs to keep the opponent's full body in view to use Sorganeil, so it would be pointless against Land's clones and Fern showed time and time again that hiding is her strong point.
Ubel wanting a direct confrontation works in his favor.
Old 2024-01-27, 14:46   Link #818
nojay
Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Fern showed time and time again that hiding is her strong point.
Remember all the times she tries to hide in Mimics? Fail fail fail...
Old 2024-01-27, 15:11   Link #819
Huh...?

Quote:
I actually thought there were more elves in that list
It's not so surprising though.

I mean, the Demon King was actively hunting down Elves and destroying their Villages.

Plus, because of their long lifespan, Elves them-shelves don't have that much interest in procreating.

Because of that, the number of Elves is so low that, even Elves with their long lifespan rarely meet another Elf in the current era.

So, Frieren only meeting two other Elf by now is already higher than the odds.

Quote:
Frieren seems totally middle-of-the-pack compared to Kraft and Serie.
If you ask me, both of them are quite older than Frieren (atleast Kraft is).
So, even if Frieren has the edge over them when it comes to Mana quantity, Kraft and probably Serie has edge over Frieren because of life-experience.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-27, 15:43   Link #820
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by nojay View Post
Remember all the times she tries to hide in Mimics? Fail fail fail...
It's Frieren that's sticks her head in mimics. It's such a meme that there is even a plush toy.

SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, fantasy