AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2023-12-15, 19:07   Link #601
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURI123456 View Post
Actually, I was sure that the Manga: Frieren Beyond Journey's End ("Sousou no Frieren"), is a Manga that is published once a month (because of the number of pages in the chapters).
If you're trying to say that Frieren has more pages than other weekly series, that's not true either.

For reference, ch 119, the latest Frieren chapter has 18 pages.
Ch 224, the most current officially translated chapter of Jujutsu Kaisen has 19 pages.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-16, 18:52   Link #602
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Meanwhile, in another Shonen Sunday manga :

Spoiler for Sleepy Princess:
Old 2023-12-22, 17:11   Link #603
TURI123456

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
If you're trying to say that Frieren has more pages than other weekly series, that's not true either.

For reference, ch 119, the latest Frieren chapter has 18 pages.
Ch 224, the most current officially translated chapter of Jujutsu Kaisen has 19 pages.
I know but for some reason, it feels to me like a 30 page maybe because of the amount of the text in the chapters.
TURI123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-26, 14:23   Link #604
Shadow5YA

Frieren ch120 raws are officially out since it's Wednesday in Japan.

Another double issue, so no chapter next week.

Spoiler for 120:
Old 2023-12-26, 18:48   Link #605
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I wonder if Himmel's statues are going to look more and more ridiculous the deeper they get into Empire territory. It was a fun little chapter.

I'm expecting the reunion with Sein to happen next year. It may be closer at hand than we think.
Old 2023-12-26, 23:06   Link #606
Shadow5YA

I'd be curious how they'd reintroduce him and explain what happened with Gorilla.

Wirbel was heading north too, so I'd expect his return as well.
Old 2023-12-27, 07:22   Link #607
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I'd be curious how they'd reintroduce him and explain what happened with Gorilla.

Wirbel was heading north too, so I'd expect his return as well.
I think I've already said it but I'm fully expecting Gorilla to be dead, giving Sein his own reason to go to Aureole.

I can only think of two reasons why Gorilla wouldn't have kept his promise to come back in three years:

1. He died.
2. He got severely injured and had to quit adventuring, he never came back because he was either too ashamed or didn't want Sein to feel guilty.
Old 2023-12-27, 16:45   Link #608
GDB

I got the feeling that Gorilla "took an arrow to the knee" (ie: settled down and started a family). The author doesn't really feel like the kind to want characters to truly suffer time after time, and he already suffered from having not gone with him. Now it's time for him to get resolution, be happy, and move on.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-27, 18:54   Link #609
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I got the feeling that Gorilla "took an arrow to the knee" (ie: settled down and started a family). The author doesn't really feel like the kind to want characters to truly suffer time after time, and he already suffered from having not gone with him. Now it's time for him to get resolution, be happy, and move on.
He could have sent some kind of message to Sein to let him know he's fine if that's all it was. It's been a decade, and he ain't no elf.

Sein himself is under no delusion, he knows there's 90% chances he's dead, he just wants to know for sure so he can move on with his life. Finding out he died doesn't necessarily means Sein has to suffer more. If he found out from other people that Gorilla died with a smile on his face after saving some kids, that's more than good enough resolution.
Old 2023-12-27, 22:10   Link #610
Shadow5YA

Isn't travel into the Northen Plateau still restricted?

Unless Solitar was the cause and they lifted restrictions after Fern killed her, Sein would need to find another first-class mage to travel with to reach Empire territory and meet Frieren's party again.
That would be another story that needs to be told.
Old 2024-01-04, 06:06   Link #611
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, it's possible that the reason for travel to the north was restricted like that is resolved now. If it hasn't, there would still be a way for Sein to meet Frieren's party there. We'll just have to wait and see on that one.
Old 2024-01-09, 12:59   Link #612
Shadow5YA

Time flies.

Raws for ch121 are officially out today.

https://twitter.com/FRIEREN_PR/statu...35789974798523

Spoiler for ch121:

No break, next chapter will be next week.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2024-01-09 at 14:09.
Old 2024-01-09, 17:44   Link #613
GDB

Spoiler:
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-09, 18:14   Link #614
kari-no-sugata II

It's nothing related to the chapter but the following thought occurred...

I've thought for some time that in the past Frieren found Himmel's narcissistic tendencies to be childish and/or mildly annoying. I wouldn't go so far as to say she now looks back on that fondly but anyway, at the time Himmel's attitude probably didn't help.

So the new thought is as follows: while it might have come natural to him as well, I think this was also Himmel trying to impress the woman he likes (Frieren), but it just came out in a somewhat childish way. It's kinda ironic since he was wise beyond his years in other ways but perhaps he never figured out how to chase girls in the past (it's more likely that they chased him).

It sounds plausible in my mind but there's no proof of course.
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-09, 18:57   Link #615
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Spoiler:
If so, that's a relatively cute nightmare. I know she hates onions but it's better than seeing all of your loved ones die horrifically or something along those lines.
Old 2024-01-09, 19:20   Link #616
Shadow5YA

If empire territory is this unsafe, then I'm sure they'll run into some bigger trouble down the road when they reach a bigger city or a long story arc.

Like say... more great demons

Quote:
Spoiler:
Considering she hates onions, I'm pretty sure that's the implication, yes.

The serpent that the villagers exaggerated in the last chapter was also on title page.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2024-01-09 at 19:39.
Old 2024-01-16, 14:37   Link #617
Shadow5YA

It's Wednesday in Japan, meaning Shounen Sunday is out, along with the newest Frieren chapter

Spoiler for ch122:

Since we're on issue #8 and it says the next chapter will be in issue #10, that means no chapter next week.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2024-01-16 at 15:52.
Old 2024-01-16, 19:12   Link #618
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Not really surprising, but Flamme is basically the progenitor of all those useless spells Frieren collects. Her theories paved the way for countless spells to be devised by other humans after she passed away. Even after a thousand years, Frieren is still learning from her.
Old 2024-01-17, 15:29   Link #619
Shadow5YA

Back during the First Class Exam arc, Serie already said that magic used to be considered blasphemy practiced only by demons until Flamme was the first to make it accessible for humans.

This is more characterization for Frieren, as we finally get a reason why she collects all these useless spells.
There's also more signs that the empire isn't in a good state. Monsters aside, Denken mentioned that he became the imperial court mage after a political conflict that killed off mages stronger than him.
Armee's family losing their status because of politics kind of lines up with Denken's experience with the empire.
Old 2024-01-30, 22:06   Link #620
Shadow5YA

It's Wednesday in Japan, so the new Frieren chapter is out. I didn't have a chance to check this morning to read the raws.

Anyway, it's Stark's birthday again, so I guess he's 19 now?
Fern's birthday was only a few chapters after Stark's last time(Stark's 18th was in ch26, Fern's 18th was in ch29), so I wonder if we'll see hers sometime next month too.

Lots of the same old as last time, but Fern showed some progress this time by being able to think of a present all on her own.

Next chapter will be in next week's issue as usual. No breaks.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2024-01-31 at 00:56.

Tags
adventure, after victory, demons, elf, elf life, eternity, hero party