AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2023-10-23, 10:39   Link #181
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
I think there lies the problem I find. Yuji barely got a break after the Shibuya to focus on something else. I mean, I don't remember Yuji ever developing a big technique to defeat Curses on his own since Mahito's defeat resulted on a team up between Yuji and Todo if I recall.
Yuji is not designed to be strong in the first place. If Sukuna is the epitome of selfishness and putting himself over the expense of others, then Yuji is the opposite and benefits the most from joint efforts and making friends.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2023-10-24 at 09:18.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-24, 08:09   Link #182
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Yuji is not designed to be strong in the first place. If Sukuna is the epitome of selfishness and putting himself over the expense of others, than Yuta is the opposite and benefits the most from joint efforts and making friends.
I mean. Against Geto, Yuta showed signs of understanding his power just by ordering Rika not to kill Maki. Whether it's symbolic for the trauma or just a connection with the powers of Gojo, Yuta has quite the excuse for being stronger even if he was removed from the manga for 16 volumes in a timeskip. Yuji was also at his strongest when fighting Mahito in Shibuya but also benefitted from Todo's side. Sadly, they had to kill Nobara for that to happen.
Old 2023-10-24, 10:29   Link #183
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Kenjaku assessment is fair enough.

Rika strength come from binding vow. New Rika is a replica and we saw in three-way fight Sendai Colony that Yuta now have to put some works;
He won against two roughly Grade 1 Sorcerers and a Special Grade curse but there's also fact that Ryu can easily compete with new Rika and part of it is possible thanks to copied Uro CT; Yuta strength now depend on available tools and copied techniques, no free high firepower again, thus for Kenjaku he's a 'wasted potential'.

Seems to be under consideration to theme of Yuta vs. Kenjaku. Not only it pretty much Round 2 of skill collector vs. skill collector, now with DE-level skill set. but also man who climb using power of love and friendship, willing to let things go vs. man who climb using body snatch technique and extensive use of binding vows.

Besides, why for his potential you chose Yuta before training with Miguel?
Sendai Colony is telling enough, he lose original Rika but now he's RCT master with plenty of options capable to take down three Grade 1 sorcerers and one Special Grade curse within hour. If you add Shibuya, it will provide his speed. He can easily keep up with peak physical like Yuji and Maki as long they're not using their top speed.

Maki warned Yuta to not join Gojo vs. Sukuna is not story undermining him. He's their best healer, thus she argue with "If you dead, we're all dead" to make Yuta sit back.
Old 2023-10-25, 06:26   Link #184
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

So Akutami revealed a colored screenshot of Yuji showing him with a new design possibly hinting
Spoiler for what:
Old 2023-10-25, 06:47   Link #185
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Spoiler for 240:

Last edited by Tactics; 2023-10-25 at 07:41.
Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-25, 11:13   Link #186
Shadow5YA

Quote:
So Akutami revealed a colored screenshot of Yuji showing him with a new design possibly hinting
Spoiler for what:
Yuji's transformed arms were already shown when he and Higuruma showed up to fight Sukuna at the end of chapter 238. It's just a full color spread now.
Old 2023-10-25, 17:49   Link #187
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Not so sure they're transformed arms, could be some kind of gauntlets cursed tool.
Old 2023-10-26, 06:26   Link #188
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

The magazine cover shows Yuji with regular arms though. For some the next Jump Giga shows Gojo and Geto or Kenjaku so I don't what will they put there.
Old 2023-10-26, 21:21   Link #189
Shadow5YA

I may not get every reference, but I definitely got the Yu-Gi-Oh reference with the Bandit Keith bandana

Baka Survivor is also one of Bobobo's opening songs.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2023-10-26 at 22:08.
Old 2023-10-30, 06:24   Link #190
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

How did we go from Gojo vs Sukuna to some comedian vs Kenjaku? I mean, the comedy is refreshing but it felt like it added nothing to the story. The other sorcerers still keep planning.
Old 2023-10-30, 07:35   Link #191
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I didn't think Kenjaku could be this funny.
Old 2023-10-30, 08:46   Link #192
Shadow5YA

Quote:
How did we go from Gojo vs Sukuna to some comedian vs Kenjaku? I mean, the comedy is refreshing but it felt like it added nothing to the story. The other sorcerers still keep planning.
Angel said that Takaba had something to do with why she survived against Sukuna earlier. This explains why.

It also explains what Kenjaku has been up to and why he hasn't ambushed them yet.
Old 2023-11-01, 02:44   Link #193
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Spoiler for 241:
Old 2023-11-01, 09:51   Link #194
Shadow5YA

Spoiler for 241:
Old 2023-11-07, 18:10   Link #195
Ka-el

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Spoiler for 241:
I think it would be pointless to send Kenjaku there to stall him, it's impossible that he last so long because of cursed energy amount, the difference between them is huge and sooner or later Kenjaku ends him, surely way before Sukuna can be beaten if that it's even possible.
I think that Takaba is the best way to distract Kenjaku from his survellaince curses so Maki and Yuta can get to him before he can notice them. Maki and Yuta right now are the best counter to him because Maki can deal easily with his cursed spirit manipulation while Yuta can deal with him with the rest since he has more cursed energy and more cursed techniques than him, the only way he has to beat them is his domain, but still his domain is not a sure win since Yuki was able to heal from that damage and Yuta can do it easily with cursed technique reversal, plus also Yuta has his own domain.

Considering how things are, I can't see any other reason why Yuji and Higuruma would go against Sukuna before Yuta and Maki who were ready to go the moment Gojo died. Yuta can still recover his cursed energy by connecting with Rika, so if he fights and defeats Kenjaku he can still regain his cursed energy amount to deal with Sukuna, and Yuta is the only one with enough cursed energy to put up a fight against a weakened Sukuna. Logically the best course would be trying to get Sukuna to have at least less than half of his cursed energy, which would be the same amount of Yuta, before Yuta can even hope to put up a fight against Sukuna.

Anyway if Sukuna regained his domain expansion they are all screwed, so right now I guess Higuruma will use his own domain to seal off Cleave and Dismantle, so Sukuna will finally have to reveal his cursed technique and use the fire part of it. My guess is that since fire is already sealed by him, Higuruma won't be able to seal that as well. So for a while Sukuna won't be able to use his new unbeatable slash.
Ka-el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-15, 10:11   Link #196
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Spoiler for 242:
Old 2023-11-19, 18:29   Link #197
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

What THE FUCK did I just read? That was pure insanity
Old 2023-11-19, 21:35   Link #198
Wandering Soul

And here I thought Gear 5 would be the goofiest fight, I would see in a Shonen manga. Got to say, reading this chapter and MHA 's latest chapter back to back was quite the tone whiplash
Old 2023-11-22, 02:09   Link #199
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Spoiler for 243:
Old 2023-11-22, 07:34   Link #200
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
Spoiler for 243:
Spoiler for 243:

Tags