AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2023-07-30, 16:10   Link #1081
Xuanwu

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post

I always imagined she was the one that was mentioned in Ex who had the ability to observe timelines which is why they're so desperate to get her back.
Same. Plus, clairvoyance is such a typical priestess ability to have along with purification, lol.
Xuanwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-30, 18:40   Link #1082
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dareal_truth View Post
We honestly have not idea outside of one of those ExE aliens. Maybe(my headcanon) nerbos, has a lab of super genius and maybe they’ll escape and come to him. Honestly they’ll probably only get 5 sec of screen time in the epilogue there are too many characters, and Ingvild needs to get development man I hate how his peerage is handled
That's because Issei's peerage is all females. Ishibumi tends to handle females poorly in this series and the main cast of girls are at the receiving end of it. Ishibumi tends to think power-ups or even confessions are a substitute for proper development for a lot of these girls. They are almost completely useless in battle when they're fighting by themselves. And pretty much every girl other than Rias' has no romantic development with Issei.

Ingvild will likely get her Balance Breaker get her 15 seconds of fame, and then be pushed off to the sideline and made essentially worthless in battle unless she'¢ fighting with Issei or the other girls.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-30, 19:34   Link #1083
Dareal_truth

Asia (and Ravel well her relationship with him is well developed even if it’s not about romance) has romantic development with him that's not off the hook and full of tropes that are not from a recon drama his relationship with Rias is the equivalent of stale Bread that works for the plot anyways yea he can add females but how it’s handled in the long run the only problem for ingvild is the lack of screen time what I HATE about his peerage is the fact ish didn’t make a timeskip where he’s in college, you’ll get the feel he knows what to do with his peerage . Also, don’t give me a response that’s obsolete like “it goes against ish writing” about ingvild what I want from her character

*explore her heritage more in the tones for the underworld and other mythologies

* training with the peerage and having a more expressive relationship with the other females and male characters
Specifically rose who can teach her magic

* change the story to her pov from time to time and Digest what kind of devil she wants to be it’ll be unique for her character development

* if Team ExE (ise most likely won’t lead it) but I think they both could lead Team Dxd together

Also yes I know ish is a bad writer but at least I'm making a discussion that’s not obsolete

Last edited by Dareal_truth; 2023-07-30 at 19:44.
Dareal_truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-30, 22:05   Link #1084
Lucidrago

Quote:
Asia (and Ravel well her relationship with him is well developed even if it’s not about romance) has romantic development with him that's not off the hook and full of tropes that are not from a recon drama his relationship with Rias is the equivalent of stale Bread that works for the plot anyways yea he can add females but how it’s handled in the long run the only problem for ingvild is the lack of screen time what I HATE about his peerage is the fact ish didn’t make a timeskip where he’s in college, you’ll get the feel he knows what to do with his peerage . Also, don’t give me a response that’s obsolete like “it goes against ish writing” about ingvild what I want from her character

*explore her heritage more in the tones for the underworld and other mythologies

* training with the peerage and having a more expressive relationship with the other females and male characters
Specifically rose who can teach her magic

* change the story to her pov from time to time and Digest what kind of devil she wants to be it’ll be unique for her character development

* if Team ExE (ise most likely won’t lead it) but I think they both could lead Team Dxd together

Also yes I know ish is a bad writer but at least I'm making a discussion that’s not obsolete
Well the thing about Ravel is that she's supposed to be his manager and tactician. The only thing about her being Issei's tactician is that I think Ishibumi uses it as an excuse to not really grow Issei's character or show his development as a leader. Ishibuni's barely grown Issei's character since the beginning of the series as he wants him to remain the same character despite his rank and station going way up since then. Sure he's a Special-class devil with his own peerage and is recognized by all the supermatural factions across the world, but Ishibumi really doesn't want to change Issei's personality to suit that. He's still the same breast-loving heroic MC he was in the beginning of the series with very little changes in his overall character.

What heritage? She's a descendant of Leviathan which has given her large reserves of demonic power, the ability to control water, and turn into a giant sea serpent. Her heritage doesn'r need to be explored more than that.

Why have her learn magic when she has demonic power? Ingvild is already apparently Maou-class with just her demonic power alone. Unless Rossweisse is supposed to be Maou-class all of a sudden?
Old 2023-07-31, 00:06   Link #1085
Dareal_truth

That's the biggest issue but non less there none of this chemistry and dynamic make up for it my dynamic my theory is ish is a coward he won't grow him as a leader he's supposed to be because it'll take away highlights from other characters case in point rias, it's supposed to be her perk even tho it's not relevant for the story( that’s the issue with this ship ish can’t actually grow him outside of pawn mentality giving her merts to make him look bad yet make her look good . A true coward of a writer he quite literally sabotages his character development for no reason. He keep putting rias around him because she doesn’t have roles other being a love interest (shin 3 and DX7 example when he visit the castle to help his QUEEN when it doesn’t have anything to do with her)

Maybe shin 5 will be something interesting with the leadership if only ish kept up what he did when he became a high class devil for every other vol push the other characters in the background (or make them go out on missions) it’ll be perfect or make a timeskip where he’s in college because he became a king too fast

AGIAN on ingvild I said all that to express character development and being her own character, other than being a blank sheet of paper explore her heritage (world building) so we get a feel of her backstory I’m trying to make her have a unique characterization

Last edited by Dareal_truth; 2023-07-31 at 00:44.
Old 2023-07-31, 05:28   Link #1086
Xuanwu

Quote:
Why wouldn't he be the leader of team ExE? That's explicitly what we're told is going to happen, unless I'm forgetting something. Team DxD is going to be old news very soon.

Technically, someone else like Tobio probably makes more sense as the leader since he's more experienced with acting behind the scenes, but Ishibumi wants it to be Issei and so it's going to be Issei.

That's also an opportunity for the leadership issue we're talking about. Because Ishi has indeed shown spurts of leadership ability with Issei in the Kyoto volume when Rias wasn't around and the end of v23 after his team lost to Dulio.

Edit: Hopefully Ravel won't lead team ExE for Issei though, lol.

Last edited by Xuanwu; 2023-07-31 at 05:39.
Old 2023-07-31, 05:41   Link #1087
Xuanwu

Quote:

AGIAN on ingvild I said all that to express character development and being her own character, other than being a blank sheet of paper explore her heritage (world building) so we get a feel of her backstory I’m trying to make her have a unique characterization
Ingvild suffers from being introduced too late in the game now and many more characters are going to be crammed in the final arc. Best chance is for Ishi to write short stories for her.

There's also other girls that need this sort of attention like Le Fay and Elmenhilde, but at least Elmen has had her character growth already with her country being destroyed.
Old 2023-08-05, 08:13   Link #1088
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

It could be possible that a Elsha's descendant could appear and take some of Issei's pawns?

Maybe being a descendant of a former BG's owners she could have a big affinity with dragons's powers, she could have a pact with Tiamat to using her for a artificial SG.

Last edited by Hyodou True DXD; 2023-08-05 at 08:26.
Hyodou True DXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-05, 12:48   Link #1089
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyodou True DXD View Post
It could be possible that a Elsha's descendant could appear and take some of Issei's pawns?

Maybe being a descendant of a former BG's owners she could have a big affinity with dragons's powers, she could have a pact with Tiamat to using her for a artificial SG.
Because of what Tiamat is doing that's pretty much impossible. And we already have Asia who has a pact with Fafnir.
Old 2023-08-05, 15:29   Link #1090
Xuanwu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
Because of what Tiamat is doing that's pretty much impossible. And we already have Asia who has a pact with Fafnir.
It's not like Asia is the first and only summoner though. Tsubasa Yura has a pact with a fairy for her Sacred Gear iirc.
Old 2023-08-07, 04:50   Link #1091
Lucidrago

I know this sounds crazy but what if the Mil-tam becomes Issei's mutated rook. Like maybe Mil-tam becomes a true magical girl and becomes a very beautiful female while retaining absurd physical strength.

Was Mil-tan's gender ever specified though?
Old 2023-08-07, 08:34   Link #1092
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

Quote:
I know this sounds crazy but what if the Mil-tam becomes Issei's mutated rook. Like maybe Mil-tam becomes a true magical girl and becomes a very beautiful female while retaining absurd physical strength.

I think it was confirmed that is guy. Honestly is a while that I think that Mil-tan maybe could find a place in some peerage, Xenovia and Irina has noted that he have a strong aura and also he have defeated witches in the Vol 6.

He could be Sairoarg's vacant mutated pawn, Sairoarg could particularly appreciated his strength and extremely trained body.
Hyodou True DXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-07, 08:53   Link #1093
Xuanwu

Quote:

This is very out of left field.

Reminds me of Goristie. Maybe she could actually transform into a beautiful yuki-onna, lol.
Old 2023-08-07, 15:19   Link #1094
Dareal_truth

If Ish can do something good just give him Bova and call it a wrap it's not like he's going to make him explore the world to find other members and he has MORE problems to worry about
Old 2023-08-07, 18:15   Link #1095
Lucidrago

Quote:
If Ish can do something good just give him Bova and call it a wrap it's not like he's going to make him explore the world to find other members and he has MORE problems to worry about
One of the things I like about Ishibumi is that he's consistent with certain things like Issei only having an all-female peerage and the fact you can't change someone's evil pieces once they have it and you would need an equivalent exchange of evil pieces to make a trade.
Old 2023-08-07, 19:43   Link #1096
Dareal_truth

He needs more op ness in the later future going 30 years having an op dude or some would be better and because ingvild needs more experience inside and outside supernatural, world he's consistent with making his peerage build-up worst

Last edited by Dareal_truth; 2023-08-07 at 21:31.
Old 2023-08-10, 01:06   Link #1097
Lucidrago

Has anyone thought that Momiji Nakiri could be Issei's rook or pawn? Especially if Kanzaki is only borrowing Telos Karma and Momiji is still the actual possessor. And she could have the earth manipulation abilities of the Nakiri clan as well. Besides there hasn't been a rook in the series who is a Sacred Gear possessor. And maybe because of her Longinus she can use touki despite not possessing the Sacred Beast Ouryuu.
Old 2023-08-10, 01:33   Link #1098
Dareal_truth

I just don't see knowing he has a clan to take care of
Old 2023-08-10, 03:54   Link #1099
B214

Quote:
Has anyone thought that Momiji Nakiri could be Issei's rook or pawn? Especially if Kanzaki is only borrowing Telos Karma and Momiji is still the actual possessor. And she could have the earth manipulation abilities of the Nakiri clan as well. Besides there hasn't been a rook in the series who is a Sacred Gear possessor. And maybe because of her Longinus she can use touki despite not possessing the Sacred Beast Ouryuu.
Ever consider the possibility that Kanzaki and Momiji may be a couple?
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-10, 05:13   Link #1100
Xuanwu

Hmmm. I suppose that's possible. Mitsuya and Shizuka don't seem to be a romantic item for one.