Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2023-07-05, 18:01   Link #861
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
As Akane fan I hate when Kana fans wish Akane to die. Dudes, cool down.
It's not about wishing her to die, it's about her constantly raising death flags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
The flashforwards still describe the "main cast" as being ones the director has been involved with since they were children (chapter 5). This can only be Aqua, Ruby, and Kana. The flashforward for chapter 3 has Miyako talking about the twins, which wouldn't really be something to do if Ruby were just a bit part. Not to mention that chapter 2 had Ruby being interviewed. Sure, you can say they didn't want to spoil Akane wouldn't die in her first appearance, but it still seems more likely Ruby will keep the role.
I don't know. The reason she pushed herself so hard to play Ai was because she felt she needed to become like her, but Aqua told her there's no need for her to do that and she should be herself and forge her own path. I feel like she doesn't have any reason to play Ai anymore.
Old 2023-07-05, 18:11   Link #862
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I don't know. The reason she pushed herself so hard to play Ai was because she felt she needed to become like her, but Aqua told her there's no need for her to do that and she should be herself and forge her own path. I feel like she doesn't have any reason to play Ai anymore.
It's not about Ruby, it's that she's already been officially casted as Ai. That includes getting portions of the script relevant to her character, signing any possible NDAs, and like Kaburagi mentioned, marketing the movie with Ruby has the lead.
At this point, it's a job.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-05, 18:40   Link #863
RDNexus

And Ruby still helping her now "dear brother / sensei" is a good way to help the revenge plan and stay true to herself and free to fly where she may want.

(Decided to read the manga as soon as Ep11 of the anime ended... Best decision ever...since the last time I did so xD)
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-05, 20:47   Link #864
Key Board
Carbon

caught up with OnK

what Ruby did was really uncomfortable, but I think the story (and Aka) frames it as a bad thing

Even the title of the chapter is "bad move"

If you never liked Ruby before, your impression of her will be permanently damaged, though.

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-05, 22:23   Link #865
Shadow5YA

A teenager liking someone who was well into his 30s is not exactly uncommon, nor is it taboo.

People need to learn the difference between feelings and actions. If Ruby actually pursues a relationship or Aqua reciprocates, then we'll talk about how it's crossing the line.
Old 2023-07-06, 00:42   Link #866
Key Board
Carbon

They grew up as siblings. Not strangers. Full stop

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-06, 01:07   Link #867
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post

//
Well, they never saw each other as siblings at the beginning tho.
Old 2023-07-06, 05:16   Link #868
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Even the title of the chapter is "bad move"
Which is obviously referring to Aqua's revenge against Kamiki, not whatever morality statement you're trying to make here.
Old 2023-07-06, 11:29   Link #869
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:

//
Honestly don't think this is true, otherwise Ruby wouldn't have been so hurt by Aqua's betrayal.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-06, 11:43   Link #870
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
It's not about Ruby, it's that she's already been officially casted as Ai. That includes getting portions of the script relevant to her character, signing any possible NDAs, and like Kaburagi mentioned, marketing the movie with Ruby has the lead.
At this point, it's a job.
They haven't started filming and they're only getting started on the advertising, and Kaburagi was never really on board with Ruby as the lead. I think it's absolutely on the table for her to drop out of the role.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Honestly don't think this is true, otherwise Ruby wouldn't have been so hurt by Aqua's betrayal.
She did say in this chapter she trusted Aqua until he revealed Ai's secret.
Old 2023-07-06, 21:45   Link #871
Shadow5YA

Quote:
They haven't started filming and they're only getting started on the advertising, and Kaburagi was never really on board with Ruby as the lead. I think it's absolutely on the table for her to drop out of the role.
Possible, but less likely.

They're already past the audition phase and Ruby already accepted the offer, so it's a real job at this point.

As part of the agreement Akane and Frill also agreed to drop out of the role after their private contest, so I doubt they're likely to go back on their word either. Ruby continuing seems like less of a stretch compared to dropping out, then asking Akane to come back.
Old 2023-07-07, 03:16   Link #872
GDB

Also, again, the original flash forwards. You can't just ignore those when that's clearly been set up this whole time.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-07, 10:14   Link #873
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Also, again, the original flash forwards. You can't just ignore those when that's clearly been set up this whole time.
Kana was also interviewed. I think playing another member of B-Komachi and being Ai's daughter would be enough to get Ruby interviewed and being considered part of the main cast since B-Komachi members will obviously get a lot of screentime (ironically, they never had any in the manga ), maybe she could be the friendly one to Ai while Kana is the antagonistic one.

I could be totally wrong but after everything that happened those past few chapters I can't see Ruby persevering on that road, even with Aqua's support.
Old 2023-07-07, 12:42   Link #874
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Kana was also interviewed. I think playing another member of B-Komachi and being Ai's daughter would be enough to get Ruby interviewed and being considered part of the main cast since B-Komachi members will obviously get a lot of screentime (ironically, they never had any in the manga ), maybe she could be the friendly one to Ai while Kana is the antagonistic one.

I could be totally wrong but after everything that happened those past few chapters I can't see Ruby persevering on that road, even with Aqua's support.
In Chapter 5 where Gotanda is being interviewed, he was asked "Is it true you've helped guide and supervise the main cast since they were children?", meaning both Aqua and Ruby are playing lead roles.
Old 2023-07-19, 11:20   Link #875
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler for 124:
Old 2023-07-19, 13:12   Link #876
Twi

Best girl is finally getting time and her ex even walked back into the picture.

Edit: This just occurred to me, but both Aqua and Ruby knew where he was and went to him for help but they still didn't tell Miyako. How's she going to take that information?
Old 2023-07-19, 13:36   Link #877
Shadow5YA

Ichigo was still pretending to be a homeless fisherman in the prologue, so somehow I doubt he'll be getting back together with Miyako.

She did say she was their manager in the prologue though, so maybe she did manage to offload the work of being the president back to Ichigo.

Quote:
I really feel the twins don't appreciate her enough, she's done so much for them over the years.
To be fair, they don't really open up to anyone. The twins clearly still hold onto their past lives, so there's no getting close to them unless you know their past.
Old 2023-07-19, 15:08   Link #878
devil_slayer

Quote:
Spoiler for 124:
Judging by the interviews, Ruby's love for Aqua isn't going anywhere anytime soon so might as well get used for the time being.

Best mom Miyako deserves better. Ichigo doesn't deserve her after ditching her and the kid for 14 years to go fish all day
devil_slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-19, 18:58   Link #879
Twi

You know, aside from the literal thirst meme, I'm happy that Ruby's eye has gone back to being white now. Dark Ruby scared me at times.
Old 2023-07-19, 19:17   Link #880
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Spoiler:

But on a serious note, I am glad best mom Miyako will get some limelight.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
celebrities, entertainment world, reincarnation, revenge, tragedy