AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2023-05-28, 20:05   Link #1461
Key Board
Carbon

SAL is space America. The closest IBO equivalent would be the Strategic Alliance Union

Benerit is space Microsoft. The closest IBO equivalent would be Gjallarhorn.

Benerit got too powerful so SAL, though Ochs Earth, starts to invest in Gundams to gain the upper hand in the arms trade field

Benerit gets a wind on that and uses violence to destroy a competitor

SAL secretly funds Ochs Earth remnants and by extension DoF, all so they can move against Benerit group when the time is right

Prospera holds both SAL and Benerit group responsible for her tragedy, but she still needs Benerit group resources to complete QZ so destroying them is off the table for now.

If we have a sequel than SAL will probably fill in the power vacuum.

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-28, 20:18   Link #1462
justavisitor

Completely beside the point, does this episode make Aerial rebuild have the most gundam kill in the franchise history??
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet

Last edited by justavisitor; 2023-05-28 at 20:42.
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-28, 21:09   Link #1463
deadite

I am now getting the impression that the one's did the raid at Fólkvangr and Dominicus are 2 separate groups. While Delling was intent on stopping the Gundam Project, the Ulysses happened to arrive the same time as the raid. Ochs Earth were no saints either. They were a company who only gave Vanadis funding in exchange for Mobile Suit Contruction.

Last edited by deadite; 2023-05-29 at 05:47.
deadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-28, 21:30   Link #1464
azarhal

Anyone think the Feng's death scene looked staged?

Godoy did perfect single head shots at Plant Quetta to take out terrorists. Here he basically missed Feng, who just had the time to push Bel into the sas with the other guy to run off. And then we hear more gun shots.

And this is after Godoy called Char Mommy to tell her the SAL were into them which pleased Prospera because things could be set into motion now.

Lets not talk about Feng missing to pick-up Moirine in ep1 so Suletta had to save her...
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-28, 21:33   Link #1465
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Unfortunately everyone took their eyes off the psychopath after letting her in the most powerful mobile suit in the show. That's about how things would turn out! I'm not going to say that this was Miorine's fault. But she really should have seen that coming! She wanted Suletta away from that psycho because she knew how dangerous she was. But she still said "yeah sure, let's leave her in that mobile suit and hope she doesn't do something crazy!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
Completely beside the point, does this episode make Aerial rebuild have the most gundam kill in the franchise history??
Depending on the body count here...maybe. There were some pretty good body counts from Gundam activities in shows like Gundam Wing. Though if we count the Gundam Thrones then they probably surpass this considering the multiple mass murder missions.
Old 2023-05-29, 00:15   Link #1466
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
By "Gundam Kill" do you mean "Gundam killing people" or "Gundam killing Gundams"?

If it's the former then Wing Gundam Zero might top every other Gundams since it blew up a colony full of people when Quatre piloted it.

If it's the latter then either Shining Gundam or God Gundam might rival Aerial's "Gundam kill" considering all the other Gundams that it has defeated.

Btw, Aerial Rebuild actually didn't directly kill anybody in this episode, funnily enough.
Old 2023-05-29, 00:33   Link #1467
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I'm not going to say that this was Miorine's fault. But she really should have seen that coming!
Yeah, in my book, the only thing Miorine's guilty of is letting herself get played. But then, that can be one of the most guilt-inducing things you can go through...
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-29, 02:45   Link #1468
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

This episode was mostly good, the first hint of possible character development on part of Suletta was nice to see. But then they had to ruin it with a half assed attempt to make me empathize with the psycho again. It's not working. I don't care that she can draw. I don't care that she loved the other psychopath. I don't care. If you want me to care, give her some actual redeeming qualities.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-29, 06:35   Link #1469
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
This episode was mostly good, the first hint of possible character development on part of Suletta was nice to see. But then they had to ruin it with a half assed attempt to make me empathize with the psycho again. It's not working. I don't care that she can draw. I don't care that she loved the other psychopath. I don't care. If you want me to care, give her some actual redeeming qualities.
I don't mind Suletta but Elan looks like a cardboard box when compared to everybody else. It's like the writers have no idea what to do with him.
Old 2023-05-29, 09:18   Link #1470
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I feel like in general the writing wasn't ready for a full length show. I mean I have mostly praise for recent episodes, but the show as a whole still needs to vindicate itself. Because those prior issues are there forever. I assume you mostly mean Elan 2, and not Proto Elan, who has barely had any screen time at all?

At least with either of those characters the narrative isn't trying to make us empathize with them. The fact that they keep trying with the lunatic girls kind of throws me off. A sob story is not a redeeming quality. It's just a sob story.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-29, 09:21   Link #1471
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Prospera told Miorine her ultimate purpose is revenge. In episode 18 she also said the people of Earth were out of control and Mio should bring weapons to Earth to "pacify" them by force. Mio rejected this idea but this should have clued her in on Prospera's methods and way of thinking. So even if you claim that Miorine was betrayed, the truth is Miorine had more than enough information to figure out how things were gonna turn out with Prospera in tow. Yet Miorine still CHOSE to trust that Prospera would just do what Miorine wanted. That's her responsibility no matter what you say.

Now let's end this argument here. I already get that you don't want to blame the kid and I respect your opinion. So you should respect mine too.
I personally don't think Miorine had near enough information to know what Prospera was planning or how to counter it, but we'll respectfully agree to disagree .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
I don't mind Suletta but Elan looks like a cardboard box when compared to everybody else. It's like the writers have no idea what to do with him.
I think Dengar was talking about Norea. I don't think she's a psychopath (at least compared to Sophie) but she's also a really messed up kid.
Old 2023-05-29, 09:49   Link #1472
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
At least with either of those characters the narrative isn't trying to make us empathize with them. The fact that they keep trying with the lunatic girls kind of throws me off. A sob story is not a redeeming quality. It's just a sob story.
Do you need a redeeming quality to empathize with someone?

Norea is a victim of the miltary-industrial complex, as much as anyone else on the show. She's a disposable child soldier, a bullet in a war fought by the same people she despises, as we learn this episode.

She lost her best friend and wasn't even given the time or space to grieve, just thrown in a cell with two people she hates. It's no wonder she succumbed to cabin fever. That's how little the system that's using her cares about her well being.

The fact she's just a tool, that she isn't even really fighting for what she believes in is something pretty sympathetic to me.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-29, 09:57   Link #1473
Frontier

I mean, there are a bunch of violent and crazy Gundam characters who are ultimately just victims of the system and oppression of others.
Old 2023-05-29, 11:08   Link #1474
Xeiros

Ctr + F responsibility. 18 matches on this page alone, this post included.

Reading Kazu's cult of Prospera did nothing wrong post with their subtle blink and you'll miss it hatred of Miorine's character post was akin to a sledge hammer to my skull. There's a different poster that hates Sulletta but at least they get their point across for more succinctly.

Prospera manipulates both literally and figuratively the entire cast of WfM for most of its run thus far. Kazu – I can’t believe Miorine would do such a thing! Everything bad that’s happened is her fault. She needs to take re …

Last edited by Xeiros; 2023-05-29 at 11:29.
Xeiros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-29, 12:46   Link #1475
azarhal

I've seen others online compare what happened in this episode to the Boston Massacre and reading about it, it's a very similar chain of event minus the false flag and going to blow up a cache of weapons.

Rioters attacking soldiers with sticks and pebbles and one soldier failing trigger discipline causing a reaction chain of increased violence.

Prospera just paved the way for Earth independence, just like the Boston Massacre lead to the Boston Tea Party and what followed.
Old 2023-05-29, 13:16   Link #1476
vic-vic

Prospera always was present as a person who is firmly on a path of revenge and very obvioucly no0good person. But this episode REALLY hammered down the point that this b**ch need to be gunned down for her deeds.

I refuse to believe that she didn't understand how much collateral damage and deaths full-blown conflict on Earth would cause. And yet she willingly went through it to... get rid of Ochs Earth "sin" aka Gundam they made for Dawn Fold. Madam, how about your own deals with Jeturk Industries?
vic-vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-29, 13:16   Link #1477
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeiros View Post
hatred of Miorine's character
You don't have to hate a character to talk about their flaws. I think Miorine in particular is a very flawed person but a decently-written character. And she definitely accomplishes what the writers want, which is to show that you shouldn't push away the people you trust. Someone else posted this in the thread already, but Miorine needs Suletta more than Suletta needs Miorine, and now that's more clear than ever.

So why would I hate Mio if her character fulfills its purpose? When you set out to write a story, you need flawed characters like this or your story wouldn't have any drama and conflict.

That been said, if you can't stand a discussion about how flawed a character is because you mistakenly interpret this as hate, then don't read those posts. No one is forcing you to read.
Old 2023-05-29, 15:25   Link #1478
Frontier

So odds are they add the Schwarzette to the Opening when it's been completed?
Old 2023-05-29, 15:30   Link #1479
azarhal

Rewatching again, I now get the impression that the leaders of the rioters/Earth Independence party at Quinharbor are part of the Ochs Earth/SAL High Council conspiracy against Benerit.

Evidences:
- Feng's knowing that Ochs Earth hangs out around that city.
- The leader mentioning "going against the laws" if required (i.e. using terrorisms).
- Prospera blowing the Gundam cache resulting into "we are under attack" after the guy looked directly where stuff was exploding so he probably knew what it was.
- Sedo being dropped into that refugee camp by Naji/DoF which means they visit the place from times to time.
- The leader is a doctor, super interested in gund tech...Olcott's prostectic arm was clearly made by Ochs Earth now.
Old 2023-05-29, 16:06   Link #1480
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
By "Gundam Kill" do you mean "Gundam killing people" or "Gundam killing Gundams"?

If it's the former then Wing Gundam Zero might top every other Gundams since it blew up a colony full of people when Quatre piloted it.

If it's the latter then either Shining Gundam or God Gundam might rival Aerial's "Gundam kill" considering all the other Gundams that it has defeated.

Btw, Aerial Rebuild actually didn't directly kill anybody in this episode, funnily enough.
Yes, "Gundam kill" I mean the number of gundam type mobile suit one can destroy. And Aerial rebuild probably destroyed around 20 gundam type ms there, which is pretty impressive (God gundam probably has more, but beside g gundam, and now aerial rebuild, I can't think of anyone destroying that many gundams)
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote