AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-03-05, 02:54   Link #381
magnuskn

Yeah, that was the big mistake of the series. The focus shifts later a bit, but it really disappointed a lot of people early on.
Old 2023-03-05, 08:29   Link #382
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
yea, I also thought Freya would have a bigger role, but she's been mostly absent since S1.

railgun has a spin-off, but she shows up a ton still in the index arcs.
maybe i give the ais spinoff anime another watch, but the first few episodes i watched, it seemed to focus entirely on some random mage in the familia as the PoV character.
Freya's whole thing is plotting and only moving when necessary. It's what separates her from Loki, who is proactive in doing things (this extends to their familia as well).

For Sword Oratoria, please do yourself a favor and skip the anime and read the manga instead. It's the best version of it, fleshing out the events of the LN without putting an asinine level of focus on a character most people actively dislike.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-05, 08:33   Link #383
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

I actually like Lefiya quite a bit, but yeah the anime focusing on her too much was an issue.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-05, 13:42   Link #384
Estzero1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
I actually like Lefiya quite a bit, but yeah the anime focusing on her too much was an issue.
She get's better the further the series goes. Watchers of the anime can only expect that much when just 4 volumes have been adapted. While I haven't read the manga, because i don't care and don't like this format, I can say that the LNs of SO are fine and kinda necessary to understand what going on here, as I feel there will arise stupid questions/statements when everything here has played out.

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-05, 15:29   Link #385
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estzero1 View Post
I can say that the LNs of SO are fine and kinda necessary to understand what going on here, as I feel there will arise stupid questions/statements when everything here has played out.
I mean its not the audience's fault that the author gated what might be important progression behind a spinoff. You would hope if the author does in fact decide to merge the series they would aim to streamline the process, at the very least for J.C. Staff's sake. If it takes reading an entire spinoff series to be convinced Ais is worthy of being endgame I have zero sympathy for either the author or Ais stans. I sort of dislike her (at least her type) so the longer she stays away from the main series (sorry not sorry) the better.

I don't know that I can think of a spinoff that merged into the main series... Index definitely borrowed some elements (Misaki Shokuhou) from Railgun and I guess Fate/Zero fans at least think it should supersede the original... we'll see I suppose.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-05, 19:01   Link #386
Estzero1

Funny thing is many believed (including myself) that this merger had already happened after the release of V12 of SO a few years ago, which would make sense since Bell has reached their level, but than V13&14 got announced. Now I'm not so sure how things will progress going further. Even the main series is up in the air after the latest plot, so it will be interesting what will happen.

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-05, 19:05   Link #387
Frontier

This has just convinced me to catch up on the Sword Oratoria manga .
Old 2023-03-05, 22:55   Link #388
Strahan

Ais doesn't do it for me at all. Either in personality or appearance. She's a fairly boring character. Hestia would be my top pick, with Lili right behind. Ryuu is getting a lot of Bell time, but I don't really see that going anywhere. Doesn't feel like a romance thing.

I was wondering if the mermaid chick was going to pop in when they found the "river". Looked more like a glorified creek to me, heh. With alllllll Bell has been going through on this adventure, I'd be curious to see what happens when Hestia does her stat update on him. Feels like when I forgot I had my MajorMUD character scripting on a spare PC and when I finally went to check on him days later my experience stat said "Level 17. XP: 11,659,568 [772% to level]" lol
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-05, 23:20   Link #389
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
I mean its not the audience's fault that the author gated what might be important progression behind a spinoff. You would hope if the author does in fact decide to merge the series they would aim to streamline the process, at the very least for J.C. Staff's sake. If it takes reading an entire spinoff series to be convinced Ais is worthy of being endgame I have zero sympathy for either the author or Ais stans. I sort of dislike her (at least her type) so the longer she stays away from the main series (sorry not sorry) the better.

I don't know that I can think of a spinoff that merged into the main series... Index definitely borrowed some elements (Misaki Shokuhou) from Railgun and I guess Fate/Zero fans at least think it should supersede the original... we'll see I suppose.
This is such an odd way to think of it. SO and the main series exist in the same space and time, they simply tell events from the perspective of different characters. The same goes for Index and Railgun, though F/Z got stuff so wrong that Nasu had to consign it to a parallel timeline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strahan View Post
Hestia would be my top pick, with Lili right behind.
It's so wild to see soemone with this opinion. Many folks really disliked Hestia and Lili. Mever actually seen someone straight up say they prefer them for the bowl.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-06, 00:44   Link #390
Frontier

I like all the DanMachi girls .
Old 2023-03-06, 01:32   Link #391
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
This has just convinced me to catch up on the Sword Oratoria manga .
It surely has convinced me to start reading it. ^^ The art style takes some getting used to, but otherwise it's very fun.

Quote:
It's so wild to see soemone with this opinion. Many folks really disliked Hestia and Lili. Mever actually seen someone straight up say they prefer them for the bowl.
I'm a Lili then Ais stan, which also isn't that common, I think. ^^ Ryu surely is creeping up there with this arc, though. Hestia is firmly in last place, because I just can't stand her childish self. Same reason why I never will like Index in the To Aru universe.

Also:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Well, well.
Old 2023-03-06, 02:16   Link #392
Lex79

Quote:
Really? I thought she was a fan favorite.
Regarding Ryu, she'll likely be closer to Bell after this arc but doesn't seem to me she's making lots of progresso in winning over him.
Old 2023-03-06, 04:23   Link #393
GDB

Quote:
though F/Z got stuff so wrong that Nasu had to consign it to a parallel timeline.
This never happened.

Quote:
While I agree Lili is usually seen fairly low on the list, I don't buy for a second that Hestia isn't popular. Pretty sure she's ranked 3rd or 4th among the female characters in the series among fans. In fact, the previous pairing poll they did (admittedly, was back in 2016) had her 4th behind Ryu, Ais, and Syr. There was a massive drop after her, similar to how there was a massive drop after Ais, firmly cementing tiers among fans.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-06, 19:22   Link #394
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I hid some posts in the thread for going too far off-topic. Remember that the rules on our forum are that if you are going to compare to any other series, you need to use spoiler tags that label the series you are comparing to, and you can only post comparisons when they are relevant to the discussion at hand. I do see how you could say it's extremely loosely and tangentially related... but this is a thread about Danmachi Season 4, not franchise spin-off logic.
Old 2023-03-07, 22:09   Link #395
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

I personally really disliked the Aiz match up. There’s very little chemistry between MC and Aiz.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-09, 00:35   Link #396
Strahan

How many eps is this season? The dungeon crawl is exciting, but I'm honestly yearning for an episode or two of light SoL stuff hehe.

Quote:
Well, for me I like Hestia because I like dark hair (but the twin tails are a negative for me) and she has a hot body in a sexy outfit. I like Lili because I love brown eyes and I like slim and slender bodied girls (as if my av didn't give that away lol). Not flat, but a modest handful. Hestia is on edge of being too big breasted for me, but the whole package looks great so she tied on my top two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Hestia is firmly in last place, because I just can't stand her childish self.
Agreed; Hestia's personality can be aggravating. My tops were for appearance, not taking personalities into account.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avrorrange View Post
I personally really disliked the Aiz match up. There’s very little chemistry between MC and Aiz.
This. Their chemistry just sucks. It would probably help if Aiz wasn't so wooden.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-09, 02:39   Link #397
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strahan View Post
How many eps is this season? The dungeon crawl is exciting, but I'm honestly yearning for an episode or two of light SoL stuff hehe.

Well, for me I like Hestia because I like dark hair (but the twin tails are a negative for me) and she has a hot body in a sexy outfit. I like Lili because I love brown eyes and I like slim and slender bodied girls (as if my av didn't give that away lol). Not flat, but a modest handful. Hestia is on edge of being too big breasted for me, but the whole package looks great so she tied on my top two.

Agreed; Hestia's personality can be aggravating. My tops were for appearance, not taking personalities into account.

This. Their chemistry just sucks. It would probably help if Aiz wasn't so wooden.
This is one of the few times where I felt that it’s better if the MC matured a bit and actually fell for someone who actually cared for him deeply. The other girls in the show had done a lot to earn his affection. I don’t really like Hestia as a love interest that much, but even she would be a better heroine than Aiz.

Last edited by Avrorrange; 2023-03-09 at 03:07.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-09, 09:30   Link #398
Frontier

It's almost hard to believe after so much despair, hopelessness, and barely scraping by to survive deep in the dungeon...but things are really sizzling between Bell and Ryu! Especially as they strip their wet clothes off and struggle to take their eyes off each other, with Ryu's self-consciousness around Bell at an all time high! Also, Ryu in nothing but her panties !

It means so much that Ryu finally told Bell about what happened to Astrea Familia. Honestly I assumed that would be the framing device behind us actually seeing what happened, but it's still really significant that Ryu is telling Bell this now when it's the most personal and private moments of her life. And Bell, in true Bell fashion, says exactly what Ryu needed to hear about how it's important that she get to live in honor of her Familia, the life they fought for her to be able to live in their memory .

Bold of Ryu to go straight to skin-to-skin contact! Even bearing her body to practically invite Bell towards her! Purely for practical reasons, I'm sure! Even if she does come off more like a bashful maiden in love. And then he does hold her as the two sink into physical intimacy together. Ryu writes it off as a one-time thing, but you can tell she desperately craves more from Bell. Her feelings are practically overflowing from her body !

Ah...they stopped to smell the flowers together !

And of course just when they finally find a path to the Normal Route and it seems like things are finally going their way...the Juggernaut finally finds them. And not just the Juggernaut, because as if this thing wasn't absurdly overpowered enough, it can apparently eat other monsters and gain their powers and bodies to bolster it's own, like a true Chimera monster. It even ate a floor boss! This thing is utterly impossible !

Dang, Bell Firebolted his wound to close it up! That's so hardcore !

Bless Ryu for managing to get them in a spot to avoid the Juggernaut's range and gaze and give them a moment of respite...even if the situation is basically hopeless otherwise. But if Ryu is going to die, she wants to spend those moments next to the man that now means more to her than anything, and sleep a genuinely pleasant sleep .

Though while Ryu is sleeping, it looks like Bell is going to challenge the Juggernaut solo...which Ryu would probably kill him over, leaving her behind like that, but someone's gotta do something .
Old 2023-03-09, 12:55   Link #399
AP24

It didn’t eat the floor boss, it just made a move similar to the floor boss’ move. The floor boss hasn’t even spawned yet during this time.

Next episode is the final one.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-09, 18:50   Link #400
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

No other girl has gotten this amount of shipping with Bell. The sexual tension was at an all time high at the beginning of the episode. She went from refusing to drink from the same bottle because indirect kissu to being hugged naked by him.

Bell did a good job lifting her spirit, but the Juggernaut made her sink into despair again. Bell, on other hand, won't given up even if he can barely stand.