AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2023-02-20, 18:23   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 1076 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

It's that time again! Credit goes to AP's Redon and co. for info:

-Chapter title is "Old Friend". Splash is a color page.

-Since Luffy and Zoro want to prioritize the safety of their crew and the Vegapunks, they need to take care of the Seraphims quickly.... which is why they decide to undo CP0's restraints, albeit reluctantly. Kaku says he's willing to put the cuffs back on if they manage to survive this skirmish, while Lucci pretty much agrees to cooperate until he gets another chance to kill Luffy, lol. Anyway, Luffy and Lucci handle S-Bear, while Zoro and Kaku duel S-Hawk! Speaking of the latter, it turns out that S-Hawk has the DF power of Daz Bones, aka Mr. 1 (the Supa Supa no Mi/Dice Dice Fruit). Soon, both teams knock their respective opponents right out of the building!

-We then cut to the original Vegapunk (aka the "Stella"), who's reverted back to an old man. It also turns out he's been captured and locked up in a secret prison within the lab! He isn't alone either, as he's locked up with some CP agents (from CP5-8) who were already imprisoned there for months. The confused Vegapunk wonders how he ended up captured, as well as how his research on Poneglyphs got leaked to the government. We then cut to out at sea, where we learn through marine communications that over a HUNDRED battleships are on their way to Egghead....!!!

-Meanwhile, we cut to... ELBAF! As it turns out, the isle of giants already has a special visitor: SHANKS! He's hanging out at a bar when he soon learns that Kid's crew has arrived at the coast. Shanks decides to head out to battle after catching up with some old friends whom he thought dead..... Dorry and Brogy, the two giant captains from Little Garden! Also with them are Kashi and Oimo (the giants from Enies Lobby). They decide to fight by Shanks' side, and the emperor tells his crewman Rockstar to notify Kid to either prepare for battle, or surrender his Road Poneglyphs and leave! Out at the coast, Kid is already facing some of Shanks' fleet. Killer notes that Kid didn't actually face Shanks in person the last time their crews fought, and he risks losing more than an arm this time! The chapter ends with the red-haired emperor making his way toward the coast....!!!!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by marvelB; 2023-02-22 at 18:06.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-20, 18:46   Link #2
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

S-Hawk having Daz Bones' DF makes sense, that way he can keep fighting even without his sword, removing the main weakness of swordsmen. S-Flamingo and S-Bat will just have their original DFs, but it'd be interesting to find out what Vegapunk went with for S-Crocodile since we know he can't replicate logia powers.

So the traitor was the one who made the CP0 agents "disappear", she/he's been planning this for a while.

Cool that Dorry and Brogy made it back. And I didn't expect to see Shanks again so soon. Break next week, I assume.
Old 2023-02-20, 19:44   Link #3
Gerard07

Having seen the spoilers; in the end they did release Lucci and Kaku, but why? Zoro and Luffy should be able to deal with the "Robot-Children" if they get serious, or is it that they don't want to harm them either?, the other the real Vegapunk is also locked up With people from the CP0, what is happening to the World Government?, why is it trying to get rid of the people on its side?, was important information leaked or something?, and about the meeting of the giants, Shanks and Kid, we will have to wait for It will come out of that, to wait for more spoilers.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-21, 15:00   Link #4
marvelB

Summary updated! Welp, I guess that tears it, then... Lucci is OP's Vegeta, for sure. And for those worrying, Luffy didn't go all-out for this skirmish (he only used Gear 4, not his awakening). Also, judging from the prison scene, it seems the traitor was leaking the Poneglyph research to the WG. Looks like the elders had a target on Vegapunk's head for some time. And damn, a hundred freaking ships headed to Egghead? That's practically a Buster Call x10! Things are gonna get real hairy if Luffy and co. don't escape soon.....

As for the Elbaf part, it seems implied that the one who beat Kid (and most likely took his arm) was Benn Beckman (a slight shame IMO, since I was kinda hoping it was Lucky Roux... ). I'm not surprised that Shanks knew Dorry and Brogy, but I do find it curious that they're joining him in the fight against Kid. I'm assuming the Blackbeard pirates will involve themselves in this fight as well, then? Yes, Teach and most of his founding captains are taking on Law's crew now, but we haven't seen the other half of his crew yet. I'd especially love to finally see Lafitte in action....

Oh, and yeah: NO CHAPTER NEXT WEEK!
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-22, 01:52   Link #5
Rainbowman

I have a feeling that the traitor(s) may be one of the CP agents. They must’ve sent intel to the World Government while they were prisoners for months and waited for an opportunity to escape. And if elder star Saturn was the shadow figure from the previous chapter, he might have given the orders to the Seraphim to kill everyone on Egghead.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-22, 12:24   Link #6
Gerard07

I personally think that Kid has the same chances of beating Shanks as Law has of beating Kurohige (unless Oda comes up with that they took a "very powerful" weapon that allows them to take the situation).
Regarding what ability S-Croco can have (since it seems that the lodges cannot be replicated), I can think of Pica's fruit or maybe a new fruit not shown.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-23, 16:48   Link #7
Kaz_

Poor lil fellas got demolished faster than I imagined, Lucfy+Karo combo is just pure overkill.
Kaz_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-23, 18:11   Link #8
Homura7

Rest in pieces Kid pirates, Shanks is about to show you that he's not left-handed.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-27, 22:11   Link #9
cyberdemon

Not sure if Luffy is lucky or unlucky. If he had chosen another island then he would have run into either Shanks, who he would be happy to see. or Blackbeard, who he wouldn’t but would relish the chance to beat down. Instead he got the WG to deal with lol