Old 2022-02-02, 07:06   Link #1
Nymene

Wink Kami-sama no Gaikoukan

Title: 神様の外交官 Diplomat of God
Author: やまかよ Yamakayo
Chapters : 19 (ongoing )

https://ncode.syosetu.com/n6933hv/

I just discovered this novel on Narou.

So, this novel has gained my attention since the story features diverse characters set in an Isekai land that has Arabic-style vibes in it with a female protagonist named Sachiko who was transported to that other world.

I have just read the first 11 chapters, and I'm happy to find out that all sorts of characters appear in the story, from characters that look like Asians and Europeans, to Arabic and Black(African)looking characters in a Multi-Racial country.

I might not read much Narou novels, but how many of them includes Black and Arabic-looking characters with dark skin ? Dark elves don't count since they're Demi-Humans and not humans. Therefore, the setting of this novel is pretty groundbreaking, open-minded and revolutionary ( 斬新)as it's not every day you could read a Narou novel with these kinds of characters.

The story so far seems like it could go to a reverse harem route but the main dude is a guy named You who's 褐色 ( Brown). The story could have a huge promise if it delivers with a good Main Plot, so I will continue reading to find out !

Last edited by Nymene; 2023-01-30 at 09:57.
Nymene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-02, 20:14   Link #2
Rasty

^ Actually it's pretty common to have black-skinned heroines in harem stories as it adds to the diversity and sometimes there are men too (though those usually only if there is lots of traveling and the MC gets into their country). Some of those are dark elves or more commonly "mazoku" (demons/magic race), but native tribes, pseudo-Arabic cultures, etc. aren't uncommon too.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-30, 09:57   Link #3
Nymene

New link here : https://ncode.syosetu.com/n6933hv/
Old 2023-02-01, 10:18   Link #4
Nymene

A commendable effort by the Author from what I've read, but I wish we could have these kinds of characters in a more epic and super-interesting story rivalling Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha or Seirei Tsukai no Kenbu.

Imagine a Seirei Tsukai story but with a brown-skinned dude as the MC instead ( Heck, why not just make a spin-off with a turn-into-good guy Jio Inzagi ?)

Tags
female protagonist, reverse harem?