AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-01-22, 20:16   Link #41
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
I doubt her only source of income is her current boyfriend. It really looks more like he is using her as a source of income.

And we still did not get any inside how having a kid crushed her dreams. She is not some J-pop idol. So unless she had a very specific job, it should not affect her carreer.

And where did you get the whole pipmping out thing? All that we know is that trafficer guy got her pregnant and disappered, nothing else.
She's a prostitute singing in a cheap bar.

Unwanted children tend to crush their mother's dreams. A single mother is not gonna have an easy time, especially if they were already on the bottom rungs of society.

The guy who slapped her said no johns, which refers to customers for prostitution services.
Old 2023-01-27, 15:04   Link #42
grecefar

I'm glad all ended well and miri did make friends. I can't see a girl with so much joy without friends and not playing around.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-29, 10:42   Link #43
Decel

I like the fact that they played out the difficult integration. It adds depth to Miri's character. She just accepted and internalized the rejection/inattention.

This is likely the dynamic she had with her mother, and would drive her to develop an independent attitude. It would likely explain why she just explodes with energy as soon as she gets attention. All that in a very relatable 4-year-old persona. Oh and props to Kazuki's role in detecting/correcting the issue, also in a very relatable way.

To me Miri makes/carries/elevates the show more so than Anya did hers.
Old 2023-02-03, 20:55   Link #44
grecefar

Kyu-chan knew from the beginning and he can't blame them, like he said miri can change them both. It was funny how he told miri that kazu was a comedian and rei a baron oil, the house wifes are merciless. lol.

Kazu may have another chance because his lost child and rei it seems will finally care about someone and protect them (he is still owed a cat).

Nice chapter, they finally can get back in the game with the daycare and when that doesn't work there is kyu-chan playing babysitter.
Old 2023-02-04, 05:16   Link #45
Alchemist007
*Author

The small details like the oil baron/comedian drawing and Miri overall are my favorite parts of this.
Old 2023-02-12, 09:41   Link #46
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Man, Kazuki taking his role as papa seriously.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-12, 16:53   Link #47
Alchemist007
*Author

Yeah though he did a pretty awful read of her, felt obvious she didn't in any intentional way hit the other kid offscreen.
Old 2023-02-17, 16:03   Link #48
grecefar

Well, now kazuki know how all the housewifes of the world feels, minus the neglect of sex.

But a good thing happen with him leaving them for a day, rei now knows he needs to put more effort and kazuki got closure for what happen to his wife.
Old 2023-03-15, 12:07   Link #49
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

I liked episode 9. Slice of life-like theme of Rei and Kazuki supporting Miri.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2023-03-25, 00:10   Link #50
Alchemist007
*Author

Rough ep, mother already had her time cut short but then this.

The logic was also insane, was Miri drugged to sleep? How else did she sleep through literally everything? And the hitman really not doing his job properly just for his creepy list?
Old 2023-03-27, 11:13   Link #51
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

I guess one more episode left?

Old 2023-03-27, 12:21   Link #52
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

It was two before (13 total) but changed to one recently.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-29, 01:39   Link #53
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

I'm getting a sinking feeling that a High Card can't be pulled off here.

Old 2023-03-31, 12:41   Link #54
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

12th episode aired already.

Old 2023-03-31, 14:45   Link #55
grecefar

wow I didn't expect the time skip but it was great. I guess they already told her the true and still are a happy family.

Loved it.
Old 2023-03-31, 16:42   Link #56
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Ironically, it was my favorite show in the end (I only watched 8 not conting shorts but still).

It was a bit rushed closer to the end but still both cool and heartwarming. Hope we'll get an OVA later.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-31, 23:33   Link #57
Alchemist007
*Author

About what could be expected from PA Works. The comedy and SOL parts were nice, Miri was definitely the heart of the show. The seriousness of the mafia plot and how it came to a head in ep 11 was a bit unnecessary and could've easily been done without. I think they could've just as easily had her join the household if they weren't intent on pushing things in the serious direction just for drama.

Overall a good show.

7/10
Old 2023-04-02, 15:33   Link #58
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Outside a couple of area I find dumb in the earlier portion of the show, the show managed to avoid all other dumb developments that I was anticipating to happen. The second half of the show end up being great experience.
Miriam is a likable child, the two adults' character progression is also nice. Especially those moments where reality hits Reil.

The mother returned being completely sincere is also a surprise. (She making a return doing stupid stuff us one of the development I worried would happened. Thanks to the show for avoiding that.)

The closure with that time skip is also satisfying. And I find out I like the cast more than I thought.
Originally entered this show because my VA radar lead ne here as I see identical cast as Zetsuen and came out appreciating their acting more too.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-07, 03:33   Link #59
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

So they used a timeskip. I thought that they needed a few more to wrap things up if they can do one run of BD.