AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2022-12-06, 21:50   Link #541
justavisitor

what is exactly gund format tho. Suletta's mom had the whole mechanical arm but there was no data storm in it. I assume the ultimate goal is to make human and machine become one. And probably gundam will be helpful to explore the space. Otherwise, Medical Treatment and building a 18 m tall robots are hardly related tbh
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-06, 23:12   Link #542
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
I assume the ultimate goal is to make human and machine become one. And probably gundam will be helpful to explore the space.
One thing I like about this show is the realistic way it depicts space, i.e. as a nasty place for humans. ("Space wants to kill you," as the Doctor said in a Doctor Who episode from the Peter Capaldi days.) It makes perfect sense that they'd want to find ways that technology could increase the chances for survival.

This is my first foray into the Gundam franchise. Do they all have this same attitude about space? Because most sci-fi, in the US and Japan both, tend to ignore all the inconvenient realities.

Last edited by BBOvenGuy; 2022-12-07 at 00:04.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-06, 23:59   Link #543
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post
This is my first foray into the Gundam franchise. Do they all have this same attitude about space? Because most sci-fi, in the US and Japan both, tend to ignore all the inconvenient realities.
In Gundam SEED, a special breed of humans called Coordinators exist. The first Coordinator successfully went to explore space as far as Jupiter IIRC and many other Coordinators then followed suit to the point where they built space colonies called PLANTs for their own vast communities away from the persecution of ordinary humans on Earth. They're basically super test-tube babies made to be superior to regular humans in body & mind. Kira Yamato, the MC, is one of the elite Coordinators.

As for the Gundam's main timeline (UC calendar), you have Newtypes, people who developed ESP after living in the harsh realities of space.

Another show that depicted the harshness of space was Gundam AGE where you have a Martian colony of people dying from all the radiation & stuffs.

In Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans, people can live healthy on Mars only after massive terraforming.

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2022-12-07 at 00:18.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-08, 14:14   Link #544
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post
One thing I like about this show is the realistic way it depicts space, i.e. as a nasty place for humans. ("Space wants to kill you," as the Doctor said in a Doctor Who episode from the Peter Capaldi days.) It makes perfect sense that they'd want to find ways that technology could increase the chances for survival.

This take on Gundam is leaning far more on the physiological consequences of humans being in space to explore themes of transhumanism and the mixing of humans and machines to make some sort of hybrid (probably. Not confirmed yet but strong hints that that's the theme).

Like Obelisk mentioned, Gundam SEED dealt with the ideas of test tube babies and what the consequences would be of having technically super humans and the tensions between them and regular old non-modified humans.

The original UC Gundam was heavily inspired by Japan's post-war years and the exploration of the consequences of total war. (I may be wrong here, please someone else do correct me if I'm wrong)

Almost every different Gundam A.U. has dealt with a different theme, usually something related to the current events. It's part of what makes me always very interested in new iterations of the franchise.
Old 2022-12-08, 15:25   Link #545
quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I think now that the duels are probably finished and they've beaten the main three rivals, we'll start to see the plot getting into gear as we head into the end of this cour.
Agreed.

I think we will see a shift back to the darker atmosphere that was in the Prologue and previewed in the Elan vs Suletta duel by the end of the first cour.
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-09, 22:34   Link #546
Kazu-kun

Quote:
what is exactly gund format tho.
Advanced human-machine interface.

Quote:
Suletta's mom had the whole mechanical arm but there was no data storm in it.
Data storm only appears when Gund format is applied to giant robots. They explain this at the beginning of the Prolog. Human-sized Gund-based prosthesis are perfectly safe.

Quote:
I assume the ultimate goal is to make human and machine become one.
I wonder about that too. Cardo said the Gundam would open up the future or something but who knows what she had in mind.
Old 2022-12-10, 15:18   Link #547
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
What about this show makes you think of DIY? The undertones are vehemently opposite.
Both is about girls who get together to start some big project and everybody has fun together.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-10, 19:11   Link #548
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Data storm only appears when Gund format is applied to giant robots. They explain this at the beginning of the Prolog. Human-sized Gund-based prosthesis are perfectly safe.
Comes to think of it, this is more strange. You are mainly a prosthesis provider, the technique is already safe in human-size. Yet, you are going to step into the other industry, make a dangerous 18m robot that keeps killing the test pilots. Hence the reputation of that company has been trashed and got massacred at the end of the prologue. They are probably too ambitious
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-10, 21:29   Link #549
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Comes to think of it, this is more strange. You are mainly a prosthesis provider, the technique is already safe in human-size. Yet, you are going to step into the other industry, make a dangerous 18m robot that keeps killing the test pilots. Hence the reputation of that company has been trashed and got massacred at the end of the prologue. They are probably too ambitious
Vanadis originally only worked on the human-size Gund-tech for medical purposes. But then their company was bought by Ochs-Earth who implemented the Gund for the MS military purposes.

Kinda like how Disney bought Lucasfilm only for the Star Wars property to be perverted with the Sequel Trilogy. But looks like Cardo found a way for the MS application to actually improve the medical side of Gund or something. Kinda like her version of Andor, the new & best Star Wars show so far.
Old 2022-12-11, 04:44   Link #550
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Episode 10:
The plot thickens! And we finally get past the duels when it comes to the main conflict. Now we have assassination attempt in progress by Shaddiq/Grassley, further use of Nika as a member of Dawn of Fold, the new 5lan replacing El4n, and a crack between Suletta & Mio due to her not seriously rely on Sule for some jobs.

It's kinda fitting that Nika gets a new voice starting from this episode considering the reveal of her role.
Old 2022-12-11, 05:23   Link #551
Router25
World Connector. I think

I've only met Bob once and he's growing on me.
I hope nothing bad happens to him in the next episode.
Old 2022-12-11, 05:37   Link #552
Key Board
Carbon

We found out that Suletta isn’t straight

But at what cost

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-11, 06:18   Link #553
Illsteir
ARX-Fake

It's surprising that it's Mio who's the dense one.
And what are the chances that Lady Prospera met up with Delling just to simply warn him of what is transpiring so that she can kill him herself in another time?
And that Bob guy looks very relatable. I hope nothing bad happens to him.
Old 2022-12-11, 06:26   Link #554
kuroyanagi

I just wanna say I'm really happy Miorine bought that ship, since the probability she'll show up as a playable character (captain) in the next SRW installment just rose by 50%.

Also, frickin Bob...

EDIT: also, broadcasting break next week.

Last edited by kuroyanagi; 2022-12-11 at 06:28. Reason: added edit
kuroyanagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-11, 06:34   Link #555
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Too bad this Bob doesn't have burger on him. Or maybe that's a good thing in Gundam
Old 2022-12-11, 07:01   Link #556
kari-no-sugata II

The end card was adorable.

Suletta was more than happy to be a house husband but her bride clearly sees it as just a marriage of convenience. Miorine is the one who really "Suletta forgetta".

Meanwhile, the sharks are circling around Delling.
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-11, 07:14   Link #557
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2022-12-11, 07:18   Link #558
ryllharu

Well, we got the long-awaited confirmation that Nika has Earth merc-terrorist roots.

The group reminds me heavily of the Trinity Siblings from 00.

I like Shiraishi Haruka and think she has a great range, but she doesn't fit Nika at all, or at least the way they directed her this episode. A strange choice to have her step in for Miyamoto Yume in this way. She almost immediately came off as a different character. Maybe they need time to settle her.

Belmeria gently prodding about what's actually going on with Suletta, but she also seems much more vibrant and active than she was when they introduced her. Working with the new company closer to the original vision of Vanadis has really turned things around for her. Makes it look like the toll of working on the weapon side and also operating the enhanced human project for the hags really took a toll on her.

The writers setting Guel up for stealing a Mobile Suit at a critical moment, hah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata II View Post
Suletta was more than happy to be a house husband but her bride clearly sees it as just a marriage of convenience.
I mean, it's anime drama for the sake of it, but it's also an obvious miscommunication.

They showed us earlier in the episode that Suletta is being overtaxed in her role. Test pilot, doing PR, the only person that Miorine trusted to take care of her greenhouse without being paid to do it, in addition to all her studies. Miorine is also very well aware of Suletta's bucket list.

But said at the worst possible time and without any explanation, Miorine's attempt to take some of the burden off of Suletta and allow her more freedom to enjoy her own school life while Miorine ramps up their business was twisted into a betrayal.

And since Pick Up Artist Elan clone knew that he was being added to the team, he took the opportunity to twist the knife and plant the seeds of doubt. Like the Piel Hag said, they picked him because he's as awful as the real thing.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-11, 08:24   Link #559
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryllharu View Post
I mean, it's anime drama for the sake of it, but it's also an obvious miscommunication.

They showed us earlier in the episode that Suletta is being overtaxed in her role. Test pilot, doing PR, the only person that Miorine trusted to take care of her greenhouse without being paid to do it, in addition to all her studies. Miorine is also very well aware of Suletta's bucket list.

But said at the worst possible time and without any explanation, Miorine's attempt to take some of the burden off of Suletta and allow her more freedom to enjoy her own school life while Miorine ramps up their business was twisted into a betrayal.
To be clear, this wasn't a criticism of the writing. They made it clear that Miorine's been away from quite some time so I get the sense that she's kinda reverted back to how she used to be. Or putting it another way, having to get used to dealing with someone like Suletta forced her to grow but without Suletta she's stagnated - for the last two months she's been dealing with people more like herself. She's also naturally blunt, pragmatic and individualistic.

Anyway...

If Delling dies and the group dissolves then the school pretty much dies too. Shaddiq and Miorine might not care about the school at all but Suletta certainly does. Maybe this cour will end with Suletta in a now abandoned school...?
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-11, 08:57   Link #560
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

"Suletta wasureta" actually made me laugh. This was mostly a happy episode for her. She had pretty much settled into her role as Miorine's groom and was very happy she was relying on her, and she became real friends with the Earth group. Too bad it all come crashing down when Elan entered the fray and Miorine came back.

It's obvious Miorine is actually thinking of Suletta's well-being by relieving her of some of her many tasks, but she's just way too dense to realize how much it meant for Suletta to be trusted with the greenhouse. Her usual cold attitude and the previous encounter with Elan certainly didn't help.

So Nika is actually a "witch" from Earth? Curious to find out how her "sisters"'s Gundams will perform.