AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-10-09, 18:21   Link #141
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It reeked of censorship so I had to check, and yup, Tokime went fully topless when the kid ordered her to strip in the manga. He also played around with her boobs when he went for the card.

Anyway, it was a great episode. Heat/Trigger was a combo we had never gotten, for practical reasons (needed to make one more suit). I'm guessing the Xtreme memory can't just cross over into Shadow Fuuto but I wish they had at least tried to call it. Hopefully when they go back next week they won't forget it.
I'm honestly surprised he didn't have her take her pants off first and then move on to the bra. Maybe he just really wanted to see some boobs .

I don't think they have a chance against Reactor without Xtreme.
Old 2022-10-10, 03:56   Link #142
GDB

Quote:
Anyway, it was a great episode. Heat/Trigger was a combo we had never gotten, for practical reasons (needed to make one more suit).
According to the wiki, it was in episodes 6, 12, 15, 20, 27, and 28.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-10, 08:26   Link #143
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
According to the wiki, it was in episodes 6, 12, 15, 20, 27, and 28.
I rewatched the series a few months ago and I don't even remember

Looking at the wiki, they used every combo possible.
Old 2022-10-11, 00:49   Link #144
zztop

Pacing-wise, the anime has adapted the following chapters from the manga:

Ep 1,2,3 - Chp 1-8 (Vol 1)

Ep 4,5,6 - Chp 9-15 (3/4ths of Vol 2; Chps 16-18 were skipped)

Ep 7,8,9 - Chp 19-27 (Vol 3)

Ep 10,11 (and future 12) - will likely cover Chp 38-46 of Vol 5. (Anime skipped Chp 28-37 of Vol 4.)

Manga is still ongoing in Japan, Chp 118 is the latest. There are 13 manga volumes so far, still plenty of material for another season.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-11, 03:27   Link #145
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
Pacing-wise, the anime has adapted the following chapters from the manga:

Ep 1,2,3 - Chp 1-8 (Vol 1)

Ep 4,5,6 - Chp 9-15 (3/4ths of Vol 2; Chps 16-18 were skipped)

Ep 7,8,9 - Chp 19-27 (Vol 3)

Ep 10,11 (and future 12) - will likely cover Chp 38-46 of Vol 5. (Anime skipped Chp 28-37 of Vol 4.)

Manga is still ongoing in Japan, Chp 118 is the latest. There are 13 manga volumes so far, still plenty of material for another season.
Any particular reason you posted this again?
Old 2022-10-16, 11:38   Link #146
Frontier

Tokime and Rentaro are on the run from Dopants, but while it's one thing to avoid them, it's another thing to outrun them .

Now it makes sense why Rentaro got so involved. He didn't want his machines contributing to terrorists or to the deaths of others again .

Gotta love Tokime's newfound confidence in moving on from whatever her past is and willing to take the fight to the bad guys! She's really grown a lot this season !

You know it's a proper Rider finale when they do the title card and bits of the theme song! Of course they bring it back for the final battle so it's suitably epic .

This series had so many fanservice moments with the ladies, but here's buck-naked Nikaido with his six pack !

So basically this wasn't about traveling to Shadow Fuuto, they were building a machine to control Nikaido's powers since as a High Dope his Reactor abilities seep into his human form and needs to be contained for him to properly live. Dude can shoot eye-beams! Although while the process itself is harmless, Nikaido being able to use his powers normally still means bad things for Fuuto .

Nothing quite like a save from the Xtreme Memory as Shotaro and Philip arrive heroically to save Tokime and Rentaro. And Terui makes short work of the device which ticks Nikaido off almost as much as Philip explaining how he figured everything out .

Gunner A! Man, I almost forgot about it. I can't even remember the last time they showed it, but they sure got a lot of mileage out of it here .

Henshin straight into Xtreme! And one last "Now, Count Up Your Sins!" and now we're ready for the final battle of this season as Accel deals with the Road Grunts .

A beam war would've been cool, at least until Nikaido used Tokime as a hostage, but it's not a proper Kamen Rider finale without a Rider Kick as W uses the Prism Memory to deliver a vicious series of kicks against Reactor and breaks his container, making him explode. Bonus points for W doing all this while princess carrying Tokime. That's got to be the most romantic Rider Kick ever .

Utopia Dopant cameo! I guess that also kind of foreshadowed Foundation X being involved .

Wow, I really thought Nikaido was straight up dead, but with the last of his power he sacrifices himself to stop the heroes from getting into Shadow Fuuto. He may have been a bad guy, but his loyalty and dedication to Bando was true, and I guess it was fitting Bando was there for him in his last moments .

So Tokime is apparently not the Joker Dopant. Does that mean we won't get to see her transform? And was she intended to be the Joker Dopant, she just never used it? Just more questions. Although it was priceless how she checked her cleavage for the memory port and they presumably stripped her off-screen to check to make sure it wasn't anywhere else in her body...after the boys left of course .

Bando was involved with Foundation X? That does not surprise me. Though nothing in the book seems to mention any relation he might have with Tokime .

Tokime wants to know everything as she faces her mysterious past, and basically wants to watch Kamen Rider W, but for now Shotaro is going to recount Begin's Night to her as they have a romantic moment together at night in the same spot where their feelings for each other started to brew. Pretty solid ending all things considered .

Somebody was watching the WizardxGaim movie to do everybody as Sengoku Era characters...and they all look pretty good! And we end on Hosoya finally getting to say "Oi, Akiko!" .
Old 2022-10-16, 12:09   Link #147
GDB

Please announce a second season soon. I need that long form Night of Beginning (or "Begin's Night") that apparently comes next.
Old 2022-10-16, 12:27   Link #148
Illsteir
ARX-Fake

Tokime might've used a driver and that could explain the absence of a slot on her body.
Is there a reason why Nikaido can't just use a larger vehicle like an SUV? Seeing him slouched while driving that car due to his stature was comical
And yeah, I hope Season 2 gets green-lit.
Old 2022-10-16, 12:48   Link #149
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illsteir View Post
Tokime might've used a driver and that could explain the absence of a slot on her body.
That makes sense. If she was an executive from the get-go, she probably got a Gaia Driver to transform with.
Old 2022-10-16, 14:01   Link #150
Blaat

The way they ended I was really expecting a second season announcement and yet there isn't one.
Old 2022-10-16, 14:25   Link #151
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illsteir View Post
It's plausible, but up until now the only time we've seen someone get memory loss like this was from direct application of a memory, not a driver.
Old 2022-10-16, 15:40   Link #152
justavisitor

Heck Season 2 is not enough for this great manga and anime. We need a season 3!!! I find this much more enjoyable than geats..
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-16, 18:04   Link #153
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Introducing a new main character in a series with a well established cast isn't easy, but they knocked it out of the park with Tokime. She is a really great character, who kept growing throughout the show. Of course it helps that she's drop dead gorgeous.

This show delivered on all fronts, and is a worthy sequel to W. Now I'm craving more.
Old 2022-10-16, 22:06   Link #154
Frontier

Quote:
Introducing a new main character in a series with a well established cast isn't easy, but they knocked it out of the park with Tokime. She is a really great character, who kept growing throughout the show. Of course it helps that she's drop dead gorgeous.

This show delivered on all fronts, and is a worthy sequel to W. Now I'm craving more.
I never felt so invested in seeing Shotaro get laid, but dang it I want things to work out between him and Tokime .
Old 2022-10-17, 03:05   Link #155
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Wait, this is the end of the season?? Oh maaaan. I want more!

I still haven't seen Akiko riding her husband!
Old 2022-10-17, 11:05   Link #156
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

If only they added some heavy breathing visual effect to Shotaro face when Tokime checking her body for any slot ...

Old 2022-10-19, 03:57   Link #157
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I still haven't seen Akiko riding her husband!
On-duty or off-duty?( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Because this sort of comment is the one that launches several doujins...
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-19, 06:17   Link #158
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Please announce a second season soon. I need that long form Night of Beginning (or "Begin's Night") that apparently comes next.
I've seen the raw manga, aside from showing Shotaro meeting Sokichi. The events of Begins Night itself is nearly identical with the movie. So I doubt they'll go into that part of the story.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-01, 11:37   Link #159
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

This series sure is easy for any newcomer. A friend who isn't even into tokusatsu got into the anime when seeing the anime ending for the first time. The dancing reminded me of Kekkai Sensen. Now I've gotta watch the original Kamen Rider W.

Quote:
I never felt so invested in seeing Shotaro get laid, but dang it I want things to work out between him and Tokime .
That goes to show how handsome they made him and... well, the promo material with Tokime sure is neat

Last edited by Mad Pierrot; 2022-12-01 at 11:50.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-02, 08:04   Link #160
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I mean he always was fairly good looking.

And I don't think you were the only one who had to think of Kekkai Sensen.

And the show does everything it can to get the viewer up to speed with how W's powers work and what dopants are.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kamen rider, tokusatsu