AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-09-29, 18:22   Link #181
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
So it's okey for Ko to not turn if he doesn't want to but he needs to fall in love with Nazuna, that was the deal?
Nazuna has to try to get Kou to fall in love with her. Previously she had taken a passive stance. This was extremely embarrassing for her.

Viewing it from another angle, Niko is basically saying: give us a nice tasty love story and we'll let you (and Kou) off the hook.
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-29, 20:49   Link #182
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Lots of loose ends, but I think it was a rather satisfying ending all things considered. I'd love a second season, but I'm fine with it ending there. We can easily imagine Kou and Nazuna went on to live happily ever after. At this point it's set in stone they will end up together. Both of them have made up their minds.
Well, there's Anko trying to kill them all and they haven't said those three little words yet...but Ko basically swore his life to her, so I count it as a marriage proposal .
Old 2022-09-29, 21:44   Link #183
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-29, 22:07   Link #184
Strahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I saw someone point out that Ko's reflection in the window started fading as the conversation between him and Hatsuka went along.

Coupled with his athletics when they broke into the school, it seems like he is slowly starting to turn already.
I don't doubt he's being affected, but the reflection thing is iffy at best. It looks like just a style choice. If the detail in the other reflections were as vivid in the blurred-Ko shot, I'd agree but it's not just Ko. Everything else is muted so it is more like a lighting issue.

Earlier:

Later:
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-30, 09:43   Link #185
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

That wouldn't explain jumping off a pedestrian overpass (in Japan those are typically at least 2 stories high) and running off like a mountain goat.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-30, 16:01   Link #186
Dop
Mmmm....

Yeah, the school gate was surprisingly athletic, but the footbridge jump was above and beyond unless maybe you were a total buff parkour expert. which Kou isn't.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-30, 16:59   Link #187
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Maybe not. It looks like the anime just changed things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata II View Post
In the manga he was actually saved by Hatsuka. I'm guessing they trimmed it to save time.
Old 2022-09-30, 18:46   Link #188
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
Yeah, the school gate was surprisingly athletic, but the footbridge jump was above and beyond unless maybe you were a total buff parkour expert. which Kou isn't.
I thought the school gate thing was just 14 year-old boys being stupidly flexible and reckless at the time, but in light of the finale I'm not so sure now.
Old 2022-09-30, 18:58   Link #189
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi

PERFECTION.

....and Hatsuka's reveal really surprised me too

I loved the replay scene from episode 01 with Kou and Nazuna switching roles!! That trope is always awesome

I need a second season....but at least there's the manga until then!
Old 2022-09-30, 19:46   Link #190
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

They hinted at Hatsuka pretty hard, and the "Boku" last week was pretty much the final confirmation.
Old 2022-09-30, 19:54   Link #191
GDB

For the record, he's been using "Boku" since his introduction.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-30, 20:39   Link #192
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
For the record, he's been using "Boku" since his introduction.
Did he say "boku? when he was introduced in the anime? I don't remember it, if so.
Old 2022-09-30, 20:41   Link #193
Frontier

I mean, actual girls using "boku" isn't completely out of the norm in anime, even if it was meant as the first clue .
Old 2022-09-30, 20:56   Link #194
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
I mean, actual girls using "boku" isn't completely out of the norm in anime, even if it was meant as the first clue .
Well, if there were any any earlier bokus I didn't notice any until this episode. But there were a lot of subtle suggestions in that rooftop scene that "one of these is not like the others". The way he approaches and discusses Kou is markedly different from all the others.
Old 2022-09-30, 21:21   Link #195
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Did he say "boku? when he was introduced in the anime? I don't remember it, if so.
Definitely did

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-30, 23:59   Link #196
Chiibi

Quote:
I mean, actual girls using "boku" isn't completely out of the norm in anime,
Yeah, exactly. Lime from Saber Marionette was the first girl I saw do it.
Old 2022-10-01, 13:59   Link #197
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Yofukashi no Uta aired in the "noitaminA" slot on FujiTV.They're rather booked up at the moment with a 46-episode remake of Urusei Yatsura by David Productions starting in a couple of weeks followed by an adaptation of Rurouni Kenshin by Liden Films of unspecified length.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noitamina

Some noitaminA shows have had multiple seasons, most recently Promised Neverland. We'll see, but it won't happen any time soon.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-01, 17:32   Link #198
Strahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
That wouldn't explain jumping off a pedestrian overpass (in Japan those are typically at least 2 stories high) and running off like a mountain goat.
If that was directed to me, I just meant I think people read too much into the reflection thing, that's it.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-01, 22:31   Link #199
Chiibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strahan View Post
If that was directed to me, I just meant I think people read too much into the reflection thing, that's it.
I agree; I didn't even notice it...but the rest of the room lost its reflection too so it doesn't mean anything...
Old 2022-10-08, 06:15   Link #200
Ghostfriendly

Anko's motormouth had strong Durarara vibes. The impression is that she only cares about her own ideas, not other people. Hatsuka enthralling blood slaves is another plank in her 'exterminate vampires' case, but at least Hatsuka didn't 'hypnotise' Ko into falling in love with her. Anko said she isn't concerned with the law/societal morality herself; the vampires could be surviving in a much more responsible way, but they are acting to survive and fulfil basic needs in the unfavourable conditions of hiding themselves from society. Not all of would deserve to be destroyed, unless for the poor reason of removing a competing 'other' to humanity.

'Vampire destroying ring' might be a bluff, if they die in sunlight anyway? If Anko can kill vampires, the vampires can certainly kill her. She probably has a file of evidence that will get released if she dies, but she can't be the smartest or best prepared person in history that the vampires have had to shut up.

A thoughtful and thematic final arc, leading to a satisfying conclusion. Whatever advantages Ko will accrue by living forever, staying with Nazuna is most meaningful for a character focused on connections or lack of them.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote