AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-05-25, 14:27   Link #121
Dop
Mmmm....

"The world of golf will be drowned in a hail of bullets." Oh yes.

Oh man, that last scene on the docks with Rose's meeting with Leo as she waits for her fate. The BGM just one mariachi trumpet away from a spaghetti western soundtrack, and that scene of what might have been had Rose taken a different turn in life.

Suspect we might not have seen the last of Catherine's hitman though.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-25, 15:53   Link #122
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

Wow...lots happened in this episode.

We get some closure, a glimpse of Eve's potential future / Rose's past with their teacher.

Obviously Rose loses, but the most WTF moments for me were the fact that the bartender ladies and 3 young kids waited until the last moment to leave, and then when Eve shows up, they get thrown into Vipere's car, and then the suitcase of bills is opened and everyone is just reveling in their new fortune.

Vipere has a good retirement on some boat and the bartender ladies can work in a legitimate setting while the 3 girls can finally get an education.

Rose's sister confronts Eve and runs away, stating that Eve also has a target on her back.

Eve goes in search of more golf and her master gets called up for one last chat with Rose, who has accepted her fate - and gets shot. So I guess they really were underground mafia afterall and the show did not hesitate to convey that.
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-25, 18:43   Link #123
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Leo basically just showed up just to do what Char does best: laugh at people. Except he forgot to laugh and just brutally tore Rose apart before leaving her to die alone.

Rose was pretty much Haman.
Old 2022-05-25, 20:05   Link #124
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Oh wow, looks like I made the right decision by watching the last two episodes back to back.

That western music.....that No Country for Old Men ending for Rose......it's beautiful and pretty Faustian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Leo basically just showed up just to do what Char does best: laugh at people. Except he forgot to laugh and just brutally tore Rose apart before leaving her to die alone.

Rose was pretty much Haman.
Rose is more like Reccoa to Char. He treated her nicely enough but instead of sticking on the right path, she chose the selfish path and sided with the evil faction that gave her more comfort & convenience only to be...
Spoiler for Zeta Gundam character's fate:

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumcyclonex View Post
So I guess they really were underground mafia afterall and the show did not hesitate to convey that.
These people assasinated a government official using rocket launcher two episodes ago, ma dude . Of course they're serious.
Old 2022-05-25, 21:05   Link #125
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Interesting screen captures I made.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-27, 00:59   Link #126
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Not sure what I think of Leo honestly. He clearly cared enough about Rose to get her medical attention in the flashback and actually showed up to talk with her when she clearly called for him. Yet he also left her to die. I get that she made her choices and this was the end result there. But it's kind of hilarious how his last words were basically "I don't want to see your face ever again." Also the easy joke about him leaving Rose for a younger woman...to train.

At least this cleans things up. Eve is out of her underground golf life. The side characters that don't really connect to where Eve is going are also just pushed off to the side. They are living it up and doing fine, but they no longer require much screen time.
Old 2022-05-27, 01:45   Link #127
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Not sure what I think of Leo honestly. He clearly cared enough about Rose to get her medical attention in the flashback and actually showed up to talk with her when she clearly called for him. Yet he also left her to die. I get that she made her choices and this was the end result there. But it's kind of hilarious how his last words were basically "I don't want to see your face ever again." Also the easy joke about him leaving Rose for a younger woman...to train.
Either he didn't know about the bounty on Rose's head, or he simply didn't want to get involved in the mafia business/conflict (which he already made clear in past episodes). Either way, Char dodged a bullet.
Old 2022-05-31, 22:58   Link #128
Lukes YGO & WS on YT
Naracchi & Saracchi

That was a fun episode.

Academy life looks tough for 1st years.

We got the reunion we wanted, Aoi seeing things she shouldn't, hilarious part.

Eve as an academy student, I am looking forward to seeing what happens next.
Lukes YGO & WS on YT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-31, 23:22   Link #129
bakato

Quote:

At least this cleans things up. Eve is out of her underground golf life. The side characters that don't really connect to where Eve is going are also just pushed off to the side. They are living it up and doing fine, but they no longer require much screen time.
Rose’s choices were a betrayal of everything Leo taught her. She did this to herself.
Old 2022-05-31, 23:23   Link #130
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Rose’s choices were a betrayal of everything Leo taught her. She did this to herself.
Didn't exactly stop him from helping save her life the last time though .
Old 2022-05-31, 23:39   Link #131
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Didn't exactly stop him from helping save her life the last time though .
Last time, Char helped Rose after the mafia was done punishing her by breaking her limb. This time, there's no "after" since her punishment is death.
Old 2022-06-01, 07:46   Link #132
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The coach is actually called Amuro?

I'm glad the show has managed to retain its fun factor, even if it's a different kind of fun now. I love how Eve has to look at her passport every time someone asks her name because she still hasn't been bothered to commit it to memory. She can also magically speak Japanese but that's probably plot relevant, since she was surprised herself.

Aoi is becoming even more crazy about Eve by the day. She's shy though, so Eve has nothing to worry about... for now.
Old 2022-06-01, 08:28   Link #133
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Engrish courtesy of Akari Kito, folks.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2022-06-01, 09:38   Link #134
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
The coach is actually called Amuro?
If you go back to page one, we already knew that his name is Reiya Amuro. At this point, why they even bothered to change Char's name to Leo? They should've just named him Char or Charles .

Also, Haruka gets a lot of burn this episode. With the pace that they are going, she can be the Jerid of this show in no time .

Note: Lily is seen played with the model kits of Turn-A, Turn-X & Bandit. All from the same show (Turn-A Gundam). The last one is a made-up kit that doesn't exist. Or maybe Bandai is predicting the future kit for Bandit?? God I hope so.
Old 2022-06-01, 15:21   Link #135
ryllharu

Quote:
I love how Eve has to look at her passport every time someone asks her name because she still hasn't been bothered to commit it to memory. She can also magically speak Japanese but that's probably plot relevant, since she was surprised herself.
That was my favorite gag of the episode. It looks incredibly suspicious and non-committal that she pulls out her foreign passport to read her own name.

They did say that Eve was specifically given a different name from all the others, and her mysterious fluency in Japanese makes that mystery even deeper!

A few people out there seem to know her true identity, and have set up some trap for others with her last name. We'll have to wait to find out the same time Eve does, apparently.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-01, 16:54   Link #136
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

The pulling out the passport was a nice little thing to see. I was more amused when Eve let Aoi fall to the ground when she dove at her.

Btw, the sento/onsen culture is completely normal IRL in Japan, so why is it that in anime, the characters always shy away from nudity? To Aoi, seeing Eve completely nude shouldn't be an embarrassing thing.
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-01, 16:58   Link #137
ryllharu

I think it is Eve's complete lack of modesty.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-01, 18:42   Link #138
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumcyclonex View Post
Btw, the sento/onsen culture is completely normal IRL in Japan, so why is it that in anime, the characters always shy away from nudity? To Aoi, seeing Eve completely nude shouldn't be an embarrassing thing.
That's because Aoi is super gay. Notice that she was only pretending to hide her eyes.
Old 2022-06-01, 19:58   Link #139
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Btw, I'm actually surprised that there are people who devoted themselves and are seriously aiming to be caddies. That's news to me.
Old 2022-06-01, 21:37   Link #140
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/int...ing-ed/.185976

The golf clothes used by Eve and Aoi in the ED sequence can be purchased. Not sure if it's still available.

Tags
golf, sports