AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series

Notices

Old 2022-05-18, 15:05   Link #1
Blaat

Rick and Morty: the anime [unknown]

I bet you're thinking "but Blaat you're in the wrong section" and to that I say: lol nope.

Quote:
Rick and Morty are headed for a different kind of animation in the series’ newest spinoff. Rick and Morty: The Anime was announced by WarnerMedia on Wednesday, and the series is now in production and will ultimately air on Adult Swim and stream on HBO Max.

Rick and Morty: The Anime will span 10 episodes and be directed by Tower of God director Takashi Sano. Sano has worked with Adult Swim on the series in the past, directing both of its previous anime shorts, “Rick and Morty vs. Genocider” and “Summer Meets God (Rick Meets Evil).” Animation for the series will be handled by Telecom Animation Film (Shenmue the Animation, Tower of God), the same studio that animated those shorts.

“The multiverse-straddling exploits of Rick and the gang pose challenges to the family bond, but they always rise to the occasion,” Sano says in a news release. “It’s such a life affirming sight, and Jerry is no exception.” He adds, “I am honored to have been given an opportunity to tell a new story about this amazing family. I hope you enjoy their adventures!”

There’s no word yet on when Rick and Morty: The Anime will be released.
link

Images
promo image
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2022-05-18, 17:42   Link #2
ramlaen

Has R&M's ratings fallen that much or was it cheaper to have it animated overseas?
ramlaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-20, 13:20   Link #3
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Not that familiar with the franchise. But I had heard of those anime shorts they did in the past. So doing a season like this seems like something they were bound to do. Will at least check it out to see how it looks.
Old 2022-05-21, 20:22   Link #4
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Well yeah, Tower of God staff make sense. No normal Japanese company would bother wasting resources to animate something only a minority of Westerners would watch.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote