Notices

Old 2022-04-04, 22:13   Link #1
Nymene

Thumbs up Harem no Naka no Akuyaku Reijou

Title: ハーレムの中の悪役令嬢 Harem no Naka no Akuyaku Reijou
Author: 永遠の国 Eien no Kuni
Chapters : 28

https://ncode.syosetu.com/n8247he/

So I found this novel on Narou that has some racial and skin tone diversity in characters. It's about the female protagonist who played an Otome game in her past life being reincarnated as a vilainess named "Yulia" in the game's world, but was then punished for her crime of bullying the Main Heroine of the gameworld by being banished to a distant foreign country known as Tanjimat Empire, where she was sold as a slave to that Empire's Harem !

So it's basically her being sent to be sold as a slave to a country modelled/similar to IRL Ottoman Empire. Even the name of the capital city is, "Al-Rashid", so this novel has some good Middle Eastern vibes to it.

Just read the first few chapters today.

Personally speaking, I would have preferred for other fantasy novels where instead of being enslaved, European-like characters/heroines would have more positive and equal relations with non-White(Black, Middle Eastern, Asian/Oriental/Japanese)characters, such as those characters romancing Asian/Japanese and Persian/Turkish/Middle Eastern-ish and Black characters, but this will do for now as I'd like to consume Narou novels with more diverse characters and Representation.

Maybe future Narou novels will make Diverse stuff like this but on a more equal setting, where for example, a princess of noble girl from an European-like kingdom is sent as an emissary delegation to a distant Middle Eastern or African-ish/like country for diplomatic talks or political marriage or economic/trade cooperation projects or something.

I don't really like to read about MCs being enslaved anyways especially if the MC is a girl, but this will do for now. Besides I'm interested to see if the MC here can turn around from her position as slave to soon usurp power by making the Emperor/King as her puppy, lol.

Last edited by Nymene; 2022-04-05 at 03:34.
Nymene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-11, 03:08   Link #2
Nymene

Lightbulb

This web novel was very educational from a history perspective though.

Before I read this, I had no idea that there were Black men serving as Eunuchs in the Ottoman Empire. After reading the very first chapter, now I know ! ( Speaking of eunuchs, they were active in various Chinese dynasties too since China Emperors have lots of concubines too in their Haaremu )

The author knows his/her stuff.

Isekai stories could also include other creative stories like countries modeled after Mali or Ethiopia to add some spice and variety in a magical version of them with international plot traveling to other countries and meeting myriad peoples too in a more equal setting/relationship between fellow royals or nobles from different kingdoms....
Old 2022-05-04, 12:20   Link #3
Nymene

Some scenes in this WN would feel so good if they could make a manga out of it...
It's rare to see White/European-like characters interacting with Turkish-like and brown characters in Isekai/Fantasy WN, so would like to see it.

Tags
harem, middle east-like, villainess