Notices

Old 2021-06-12, 14:09   Link #341
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
Voice drama 11.11 is up.
https://streamable.com/3tx324

We finally get to hear Yomogi's biological dad! (Yomogi seems to be on fairly good but awkward terms with him. Not sure who voices the dad though.)

Sequence of events is also a callback to voice drama 2.9 from the Gridman Blurays, where Alexis took out Akane and Anti for dinner.

11.11 will very likely be the last free voice drama release, with its final 12th going straight to Bluray Vol 4 (just like Gridman's last voice drama 12.12.).

Each of the Bluray releases will have one exclusive voice drama episode each.

Vol 1 - Ep 3/1 (Against The Rules /ルール違反)
Vol 2 - Ep √36 (Please Fight in Moderation/ 適度に喧嘩しなさい)
Vol 3 - Ep 9+1 (I Don't Have to Work/働かなくていいから)
Vol 4 - Ep 12 (段差/Step(s))

https://dynazenon.net/product/bd/bd1/
Is there somewhere that compiles the gridman and dynazenon audio dramas that are available?
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-12, 19:34   Link #342
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Is there somewhere that compiles the gridman and dynazenon audio dramas that are available?
There's a Bilibili channel that has all the Gridman audios (even the Bluray releases).
https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1it411P7yZ

Only Chinese and Japanese subtitles, but you can time to the English translations.
http://barnnn.blogspot.com/p/ssssgri...ce-dramas.html

Dynazenon audios here.
https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comme...ssion/h1eovcl/
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-12, 21:27   Link #343
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Same energy.

Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-12, 21:31   Link #344
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
I've heard that supposedly Nagatoro's also well-received, but Dynazenon's star has shone the brightest among the Japanese fandom out of most of the titles there.
I'm certainly good with that considering I'm enjoying the heck out of booth. Dynazenon is easily the show I've looked forward to the most each week and Nagatoro has gotten up there as well.
Old 2021-06-12, 22:12   Link #345
Chosen_Hero

I think Yomogi might also have a Kaiju inside of him, notice that Sizumu had the same red pupils that Yomogi got a few episodes back.
Old 2021-06-13, 00:39   Link #346
Thor's Hammer

I think people's pupils turn red when they successfully attempt to use Instance Domination to control a kaiju. I really doubt that Yomogi also has a kaiju in him.
Thor's Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-13, 02:08   Link #347
Thor's Hammer

I don't know if I'm off or not, but my impression is that Kano was the princess, meaning she had already passed away. As you might know, this episode revealed that the Princess had something to give to Gauma, but he died before that happened, and maybe it was the ankhs that she and now Yume carries with her. If Gauma does die next week, I see him reuniting with the princess if she is indeed Kano.
Thor's Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-15, 20:41   Link #348
Illsteir
ARX-Fake

OST is out. All This Time is really good.
You can listen to the entire album legally in Shiro Sagisu's YouTube Topic channel but it seems that it's region locked.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...cj-V86q4jJFBlQ
Old 2021-06-17, 05:12   Link #349
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor's Hammer View Post
I don't know if I'm off or not, but my impression is that Kano was the princess, meaning she had already passed away. As you might know, this episode revealed that the Princess had something to give to Gauma, but he died before that happened, and maybe it was the ankhs that she and now Yume carries with her. If Gauma does die next week, I see him reuniting with the princess if she is indeed Kano.
No, Mate. This episode already explained it. It was the Dragon Statue. The princess wanted to give it to Gauma but she wasn't able to. So when the mummy (Gauma) was awakened by a kaiju power in the live-action show, Yuka (the live-action heroine whose voice you heard in Gauma's blurry memory) managed to give the dragon statue to Gauma (and informed him that the princess died for & after him) before he went back to "death".
Old 2021-06-18, 09:36   Link #350
Frontier

It really does show how far the team has come when this basically started out with Yomogi casually helping out Gauma, Gauma interfering in Yomogi and Yume's relationship, Gauma bothering Yomogi...and in the end Gauma has become such a precious and important friend to the both of them, and Yomogi doesn't want to see Gauma go .

Sizumu's Kaiju devours the rest of the Eugenicists and they end up piloting it like a Mecha, making it and them even more of a dark reflection of Dynazenon and company .

Koyomi got dragged into this by accident, but now he's a willing participant in helping others and fighting Kaiju .

Figures Kaiser Gridknight would fair better once we had the whole team together .

So Juga apparently still really looks up to Gauma even after the whole betrayal and killing thing, while Koyomi and Mujina bicker like a couple where the girl blames the guy for making her feel the way they do...still feel like there's some unresolved feelings between these pairings .

Yomogi uses his abilities to control Kaiju to distract it long enough for the team to form Dynazenon for a combined attack with Gridknight and Goldburn! We even get a new Gridknight + Goldburn combination form! And then they come together for an awesome Dyna Rex + Gridknight final attack combo to save the day .

Well, the Eugenicists still believe the future of the world is Kaiju and never really changed this whole series, which I guess is the point of contrast between them and the heroes, and are wiped out...Sizumu was never able to understand humans while the experience fighting Kaiju helped the humans understand each other. Will they and Gauma reincarnate again? Will the world ever be graced with the majesty of Mujina's thighs again? Who can say .

Gauma finally understands why he was entrusted with Dynazenon. So he could move on from obsessing over the princess and find new bonds to make his life worth living with his friends, and their experience together carved in scars onto their body so they will never forget their time as team Dynazenon. I still kind of wish Gauma could see his princess again though .

Time skip to three months and it's time for Anti/Knight, Second, and Goldburn to take Dynazenon with them to their next adventure. Poor Chise has to say goodbye to Goldburn, but at least she feels free enough now to finally show off her snazzy tattoo .

Koyomi as a professional guy looks near unrecognizable. No wonder Knight didn't recognize him. At least his in with Yomogi's boss and saving her husband managed to get him a job. He's finally made something of himself .

I do feel a little let down that we didn't get to see Yume properly answer Yomogi's confession, but when you see them walking with their umbrella's close together and the fact that Yume doesn't use "-kun" with Yomogi's name anymore and gets him to call her "Yume," on-top of all the casual intimacy between them, it's pretty clear they're finally together as a couple .

That ending with Dyna Rex...obviously it's still functioning, but...could Gauma perhaps have possessed it ?
Old 2021-06-18, 10:10   Link #351
Illsteir
ARX-Fake

The finale isn't as bombastic as SSSS.Gridman's but it's still a blast. That final fight made my heart racing.
Spoiler for spoopy:

And apparently, there's gonna be a
Spoiler for .:
Old 2021-06-18, 10:56   Link #352
Router25
World Connector. I think

I still believe Chise's tattoo is actually a birthmark that is related to the Princess.
Gauma had already found her.
Old 2021-06-18, 10:57   Link #353
Ragashingo
Happy Sphere

I don’t get what this show was going for.

It had a big emphasis on relationships and feelings. It had great directing and character moments that felt good even and especially when they were odd and awkward. It had a subtle sense of humor that poked fun at its own genre all while delivering excellent action. It had hints at a greater, more interesting world connected to the previous series.

…but…

Despite all the good points, I felt this was a far weaker show than SSSS.Gridman. Mostly because the villains had no purpose. They killed and destroyed and yet there was basically no reason for it all! Having the one still declaring he just wanted to kill humans frustrated me so much. Because there was no why! Not even a misguided why. Not even an evil why.

Then there were all those connections to and echoes of SSSS.Gridman. They too went nowhere. Familiar locations. Familiar staging and shot composition. Whether it was the Gridman coffee shop without the fog or a character leaning on the railing on top of the school under a big blue sky or an identical run down street, it all feels fake now. Kinda feels like a cost saving measure instead of a clever link between shows. I kept hoping for more. For the connections to mean something. But in the end they just didn’t mean anything.

If I could have an ideal SSSS show, I’d want the bigger messages and much more complex villains of Gridman combined with multiple in depth character focuses all on the level Yume got in Dynazenon. Make it a two season show if need be to fit in all the personal character stories. Do anything but leave the motivations and connections so vague as to not even matter.

Ultimately, if I had to pick one show over the other, though, it’s easily SSSS.Gridman for me. SSSS.Dynazenon had all sorts of potential but turned out to be one long disappointment for me in the end.
Old 2021-06-18, 11:09   Link #354
akumaten

I think the third thing was
Promises, Love and Bonds (Kizuna) in relation to the scars (Kizu)

Also, DON'T MISS IT!
Ride on dragon, fight. Dyna Rex & Knight.

Last edited by akumaten; 2021-06-18 at 11:30. Reason: Kamen Rider reference
akumaten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-18, 11:20   Link #355
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

Yomogi and Yume finally dating
I can sleep peacefully tonight

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
gecd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-18, 11:42   Link #356
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragashingo View Post
I don’t get what this show was going for.

It had a big emphasis on relationships and feelings. It had great directing and character moments that felt good even and especially when they were odd and awkward. It had a subtle sense of humor that poked fun at its own genre all while delivering excellent action. It had hints at a greater, more interesting world connected to the previous series.

…but…

Despite all the good points, I felt this was a far weaker show than SSSS.Gridman. Mostly because the villains had no purpose. They killed and destroyed and yet there was basically no reason for it all! Having the one still declaring he just wanted to kill humans frustrated me so much. Because there was no why! Not even a misguided why. Not even an evil why.

Then there were all those connections to and echoes of SSSS.Gridman. They too went nowhere. Familiar locations. Familiar staging and shot composition. Whether it was the Gridman coffee shop without the fog or a character leaning on the railing on top of the school under a big blue sky or an identical run down street, it all feels fake now. Kinda feels like a cost saving measure instead of a clever link between shows. I kept hoping for more. For the connections to mean something. But in the end they just didn’t mean anything.

If I could have an ideal SSSS show, I’d want the bigger messages and much more complex villains of Gridman combined with multiple in depth character focuses all on the level Yume got in Dynazenon. Make it a two season show if need be to fit in all the personal character stories. Do anything but leave the motivations and connections so vague as to not even matter.

Ultimately, if I had to pick one show over the other, though, it’s easily SSSS.Gridman for me. SSSS.Dynazenon had all sorts of potential but turned out to be one long disappointment for me in the end.
I think the thing with the Eugenicists is that they believed in a world overrun by Kaiju which, obviously, humanity couldn't abide by and that left them out of sorts with the world. And unlike the heroes who were able to grow, change, and move on, they remained the same to the bitter end.

I think they probably didn't want to get to overt connecting it to Gridman so the show could stand on its own and because we're getting a crossover sequel next.
Old 2021-06-18, 13:20   Link #357
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragashingo View Post
I donÂ’t get what this show was going for.

Â…butÂ…

Then there were all those connections to and echoes of SSSS.Gridman. They too went nowhere. Familiar locations. Familiar staging and shot composition. Whether it was the Gridman coffee shop without the fog or a character leaning on the railing on top of the school under a big blue sky or an identical run down street, it all feels fake now. Kinda feels like a cost saving measure instead of a clever link between shows. I kept hoping for more. For the connections to mean something. But in the end they just didnÂ’t mean anything.

If I could have an ideal SSSS show, IÂ’d want the bigger messages and much more complex villains of Gridman combined with multiple in depth character focuses all on the level Yume got in Dynazenon. Make it a two season show if need be to fit in all the personal character stories. Do anything but leave the motivations and connections so vague as to not even matter.

Ultimately, if I had to pick one show over the other, though, itÂ’s easily SSSS.Gridman for me. SSSS.Dynazenon had all sorts of potential but turned out to be one long disappointment for me in the end.
What Frontier said. Ultimately this is more of a character ensemble series where the focus is on their interactions and how they grow and move forward from their past issues. (It's also the overarching theme, as represented by the schoolgirl, street dancer and salaryman in Imperfect's official music video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJFWka5VMFw) It's not like Gridman, which is mainly plot-focused on Akane and her reasons for putting Tsutsujidai in peril.

The eugenicists' purpose was the antithesis of the main theme of growth; they were so fixated and obsessed with the past that they were willing to go to any lengths to recreate their world of kaiju glory. Like how 3 of them got all aimless at the thought of no more kaiju, only to be reenergized again after Shizumu pulled his trump card.

The familiar staging of scenes in Dynazenon matching Gridman's, when coupled with some of the worldbuilding mentions, likely infer the setup of the Gridman Universe.
That Dynazenon's world is but one of many parallel worlds existing within one big Computer World multiverse, with higher beings able to travel between worlds.
Old 2021-06-18, 13:35   Link #358
grecefar

I enjoyed this a lot, it had an happy ending so I'm a happy man.

Looking foward to the next SSSS project.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-18, 13:42   Link #359
zztop

Bluray Vol 4 (releasing this October) will come with a voice drama Ep 12. Assuming its content serves to bookend anime Ep 12's finale (just like Gridman's 12.12 Bluray voice drama), hopefully we can get a conclusion on Gauma's ultimate final fate.

Also voice drama 3/1 from Bluray 1 has already been posted on Bilibili. https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1K5411A7Q8?p=12

Just time the audio to the English translations. The video has Chinese (and Japanese) subs if you can read them.
https://barnnn.blogspot.com/2021/06/...pisode-31.html

The rest should come in July, September and October (together with Vols 2-4 releases).

PS. Smart move, Yume.
Old 2021-06-18, 14:19   Link #360
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Apparently, there wil be a new anime series that wil combine Grindman and Dynazenon: https://twitter.com/tagoal/status/1405879628263161870
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mecha, tokusatsu