AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-05-15, 19:04   Link #221
Decel

The way Gauma described the girl, part of me was musing if he was Gridman's Yuta's reincarnation.
Old 2021-05-16, 05:18   Link #222
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
At the beginning of the episode when Knight was on the boat. But I'm seeing no one talking about it so I should probably check again.
Yeah in the funimation subs they're talking about how Knight can now finally transform, this is because the kaiju appearing in a world weakens the barrier and Knight complaining that he has to face off two kaiju from the get go. No mention of Gridman at all.
Old 2021-05-16, 11:05   Link #223
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Yeah in the funimation subs they're talking about how Knight can now finally transform, this is because the kaiju appearing in a world weakens the barrier and Knight complaining that he has to face off two kaiju from the get go. No mention of Gridman at all.
Gridman is never mentioned, but I get why I made that mistake after rewatching that part. They're talking about how infiltrating worlds is made easier, etc... and then Knight simply goes "two at the same time, though".... At that point of the episode I didn't think he saw Dynazenon as a Kaiju, so I came to the wrong conclusion what he just said was related to what they talking about just before.
Old 2021-05-16, 11:20   Link #224
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Ok, that guy needs to die by the end of this show.
Looking at the number of times he's survived already I'll be surprised if he actually does

On another note....5000 years. If Akane is who gave Gauma Dynazenon.....Then what, Anosilus and Anti are both 5K years old already? And it would also mean Mujina and co should be people from S1
Old 2021-05-16, 12:34   Link #225
Decel

Time doesn't need to flow evenly between universes.
Old 2021-05-21, 09:30   Link #226
Frontier

So not all Kaiju are going to come out perfect and ready to control at first...I mean, all that one was doing was painting stuff and looking kind of pathetic. But I guess even a Kaiju like that can still be dangerous when it grows up .

Yomogi and Yume are having difficulty tracking down Kano's boyfriend, but Yomogi's not going to give up, and with that resolve he basically asks Yume out (although not as overtly as a confession), which she then reciprocates at the end. So cute .

So apparently Yomogi's boss found a lot of money and asked Koyomi to run away with her with it when they were classmates...but Koyomi chickened out. I'm kind of wondering what happened afterwards because Yomogi's boss doesn't act like she's loaded, so where did all the money go and what happened to her afterwards ?

Apparently Gauma's out of practice when it comes to controlling Kaiju, which leads to a fun scene of everyone trying to do an "instance domination" of their own, although it seems like Yomogi might have the best potential of the team to control Kaiju, surprisingly enough. Kind of curious to see where that leads .

The Eugenecists basically have a day off where they go play at Japanese Round One and enjoy a movie together. Onija and Mujina seem to be really getting along now. Also, classy of the guys to let Mujina use the one bed place when they were tired .

So if I'm understanding correctly, Kaiju are born from the emotions of people but it's the Eugenecists popping up in this era that is causing them to appear ?

Chise acting about Kaiju feeding on emotions while her egg is transforming into a dragon thing...I don't see that ending well .

It's probably for the best that Knight and Second don't mention they're technically Kaiju...although that does lead Knight to have an understanding of the dynamics of Kaiju and how complicated they can be. Although his secret method for finding Kaiju is to just look for them .

I like Koyomi being more conscious of taking the fight away from the city where bystanders can get hurt. He's really maturing .

I guess it's sometimes a big liability when your Mecha is reduced to the size of a toy, since it can be easily knocked away from you .

So now apparently the Dynazenon components have resonated with Gridknight to the point where they can transform into weapons for him. Can all of them do that? Will we get the rest of the combinations in the next few episodes ?

Well, Yomogi was maybe this close to connecting with the Kaiju, and it seemed to regard him, but if it comes between saving Yume or destroying a Kaiju, there's no hesitation on what Yomogi will do .
Old 2021-05-21, 10:10   Link #227
Illsteir
ARX-Fake

It looks Chise's kaiju core will become a dragon or something similar.
Seeng the Eugenecists having some R&R was cute.
And Diaclone, one of the worlds Gridman visited, got a reference in this episode.
Old 2021-05-21, 10:32   Link #228
Ragashingo
Happy Sphere

The person who gave Dynazenon to Gauma was referred to as a Princess who loves animals this time around…
Old 2021-05-21, 11:42   Link #229
Router25
World Connector. I think

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

So now apparently the Dynazenon components have resonated with Gridknight to the point where they can transform into weapons for him. Can all of them do that? Will we get the rest of the combinations in the next few episodes ?
I think only Yomogi resonated with Knight. Plus the fact that Dynasoldier is originally the dragon cannon in the tokusatsu version.
Old 2021-05-21, 12:30   Link #230
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
It does seem like Gauma has completely lost his kaiju controlling powers. The reasoning for that is unclear though it could be related to that Princess he's focused on. I'd say it was an exchange for the ability to use Dynazenon, but it seems as if Yomogi is developing kaiju controlling powers anyways.

This really does all come back to the start of the first episode. Someone scattering those seeds across the city. They resonate with or feed on emotions and mature into kaiju. Though it seemed like the hand had a ton of them so if they all turn into kaiju this could be endless. The presumption is that the Kaiju Eugenicists are behind this but we didn't see anything besides a hand so who knows.

Honestly I expected Chise to be the one to develop kaiju controlling powers, but instead we see her seed starting to grow. Although whether it was from her emotions or responding to Yomogi I'm not sure. There's no doubt the kaiju born of that will be one of the most powerful we've seen in the show. Though whether it develops a human enough heart to not need to be killed is hard to say at this stage.

Things continue to develop. Be it with Yomogi and Yume's relationship or Koyomi's flashback arc.
Old 2021-05-21, 17:56   Link #231
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

There you have it. It seems Juuga was not wrong back then in episode 3 when he thought that Yomogi has a potential and approached him. This episode confirmed that Yomogi really has that talent to become a kaiju tamer .

And yep, Gauma said it. The woman he was searching for was a princess. If he was the mummy from the live-action show, that means he was searching the princess of 5000 years ago who died for him. It was such a "Romeo & Juliet" tragic event which not even the live-action show was able to resolve and left it hanging. So the princess probably gave the dragon statue to Gauma 5000 years ago before he went to battle and got betrayed & killed.

Btw, we saw Chise's kaiju-source growing in the shape of a dragon. Hmmm.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
The Dyna Dragon's core was originally a bazooka in the live-action show too:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2021-05-21, 18:32   Link #232
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I was surprised Yomogi ended up being the one with the potential to be a Kaiju user, but it's most likely Gauma's original theory that only Kaiju users can control Dynazenon was correct. He thought he was wrong when Chise managed to control Dynasoldier, but we know from the OP she's got the potential too.

Knight and the Second keeping their identities secret from the team is probably for the best, they would start second guessing themselves like Yomogi did in this episode otherwise, which could lead to casualties.
Old 2021-05-21, 18:37   Link #233
Frontier

I wonder if Chise will be able to control her Kaiju to help the heroes or if it'll go out of control because of her repressed trauma.

Anti doesn't even call himself that any more so I think he really wants to move on from the time when he was a Kaiju.
Old 2021-05-21, 21:46   Link #234
Wandering Soul

I honestly forgot that Gauma should be able to control some Kaiju's too. Not that it matters since he apparently lost his ability and Yomogi is the one that displays that skill instead. Chise may not be far behind him though.
Old 2021-05-22, 02:00   Link #235
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Clearly Shizumu distracted his comrades on purpose to bait Yomogi into this situation for him to try out Instance Domination on the kaiju. I wonder what does Shizumu is trying to do with Yomogi.

But Chise's dragon, it is that dragon at the end of the OP, right? Or is it the statue back from ep.18?

Last edited by shmaster; 2021-05-22 at 02:13.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-22, 03:43   Link #236
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
But Chise's dragon, it is that dragon at the end of the OP, right? Or is it the statue back from ep.18?
The dragon statue at the end of the OP is the statue from episode 18 of the live-action show (or at least they look the same). Gauma brought that statue with him before it turned into Dynazenon.

Images

In the live-action show, the mummy swiped the dragon statue in rage before Yuka tried to reason with him explaining that she was not the princess he was looking for.

Images

Which makes Gauma's line (about the princess he's looking for) a big hint of who he really is/was. In the LA show, the mummy was ressurrected by Khan's power (via the kaiju). Maybe after the end of episode 18, his soul & the statue got transported to another world (aka. here).
Old 2021-05-22, 05:01   Link #237
Blaat

Someone on reddit pointed out that the mark on Gauma's back is growing. This doesn't look good.
Old 2021-05-22, 08:04   Link #238
zztop

Voice drama 8.8 is already up.
https://streamable.com/igblzh

A few important takeaways:

- Anocillus theorizing about how the kaiju are likely "3D manifestations of bytes resulting from human minds” and “emotions in weaponised form”, which would mean the seeds start growing into kaiju when exposed to enough human emotions;

- "This world's" kaiju remark enforcing that Dynazenon's universe is parallel to that of Gridman's

Also you get to hear Anocillus' trademark giggle, and Yomogi learning the hard way as to just how hard Anti can get.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-22, 08:12   Link #239
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Oh look, the toys can pull off the new combination, more or less:

YouTube
Old 2021-05-22, 08:43   Link #240
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Oh look, the toys can pull off the new combination, more or less:

YouTube
So, I didn't notice during the episode, but is the handle for the Dynamic Canon Dyna Soldier's penis? Is that why the video is age-restricted?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mecha, tokusatsu