AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2021-02-11, 21:21   Link #10701
Garn

I vaguely remember a novel that was interesting although I do not remember the name, in this all races could transcend/evolve.
In the case of humans and elves, they would have the prefix(?) "high" and then "ancestral" or something similar.
The dwarves, I think the highest rank no longer had "dwarf" as a race but something as a world constructor.
Demi-humans would have the name of mythological beings depending on the rank
There were many races, but transcending/evolving was not an easy thing

Even better were the monsters, their names being a direct representation of what they can do.
Slimes could become a dangerous plague, a magma slime would not only set everything on fire but would gradually turn its environment into magma and more slimes would come out.
Another would be "infernal" + something, they would be literally that, beings with miasmatic characteristics and a malignant flame
They would obviously be more powerful than their common counterparts.
Garn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-23, 06:54   Link #10702
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Exactly lol
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-23, 21:35   Link #10703
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

What's title, Ero Tora?
Old 2021-02-24, 03:27   Link #10704
dragon1412

He's eroshrimp now.

You really need to include source eroshrimp, but tbh, most JP protag nowadays are also the type who want power, they just don't want excessive power.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-25, 22:21   Link #10705
charasu
DigiDestinied

more like they want power but afraid losing their peacefull mundane normal life?
Old 2021-02-26, 01:41   Link #10706
travelingbum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruki0089 View Post
What's title, Ero Tora?
if you haven't google searched it yet.

Shameless Mage
travelingbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-26, 08:43   Link #10707
wuhugm
Confused Shark

It's a bad manhua
I'm too deep into Gura's hole now that I don't feel like reading novels anymore
Help me!

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-26, 09:04   Link #10708
dragon1412

More like you just burn out, try to marathon 10 or 20 of your gura video continously and then you would screaming I don't feel like watching Gura anymore. Take a rest for a while and then come back.

That or reading cultivations novels continously until you sick of it, and then suddenly crying when you actually reading a normal Isekai characterization, done wonder for me. There is also not very big update on the more popular one, and there are no gems on the new novels yet.
Old 2021-03-06, 10:33   Link #10709
Garn

Superior Entity: You can create your own body or choose a race and modify it, this will affect your base state
Jap MC: I'll be a 170cm skinny human

Haaaaaa!!
Old 2021-03-06, 15:30   Link #10710
Amelgar

Yeah... I could understand why you wouldn't want to change yourself too much given that it directly tied to your identity. But people usually have one or two things about themselves they want to change.

And most of the MCs that go to isekai are a bit crazy in seriously believing isekai exist, so you'd expect that be a bit more gungho about changing race.
Amelgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-06, 15:57   Link #10711
Rasty

^ I would definitely go for some immortal or long-living race. Who wouldn't want to live something like 1000 years instead of only 80? Also, something that has high potential with magic, after all, if I am already going to a magic world I want to be able to use it, not only get screwed-up by everyone that can.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-06, 23:07   Link #10712
Greenish Growth

I wouldn't want to live that long unless there are a number of people I knew that also lived that long.

I can relate because there are a number of people I knew that were younger than me and are no longer alive. There are less and less relatives that know the relatives that I know. Also the people I used to work with couldn't relate to what I was saying because nearly all of them hadn't even worked there half as long as I did. All the people I knew when I started working there were gone (or died) and I was the only person still there who could remember a number of former employees and managers.

Imagine that taking place over hundreds of years though. Kinda lonely.
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-06, 23:56   Link #10713
Amelgar

Suicide is always a possibility. And besides if its transmigration, they will at least be born around people of the same race.

But yeah, choosing a human when a humanoid race with greater longevity on the table seems kinda silly. Or maybe it isn't if the MC is a human supremacist?
Old 2021-03-08, 16:59   Link #10714
Amelgar

oooh! 屠殺鬼 is starting up again soon
Old 2021-03-08, 21:33   Link #10715
Greenish Growth

Is that the story with the aliens?

I think I just read the first few chapters of that not too long ago.

I'm skipping around a lot reading a little bit of a lot of things.
Old 2021-03-08, 21:53   Link #10716
Amelgar

^ The MC and humans call them aliens. But they're more like the races you'd see in isekai novels. i.e. beast people, mazoku, etc.
Old 2021-03-15, 20:01   Link #10717
Greenish Growth

^ I'll see if I can get back to it someday. There are too many interesting stories to read.

The popular copycat trend right now seems to be female main characters having their sister steal something from them (usually their fiances). I'm going to have to find out how to delete zamaa stories from my searches. There are as many zamaa stories out there now as grains of sand on the beach.

I've noticed that when there's a regular life, non-fantasy syosetsu NTR main theme story ranked in the top 55 or so for the day, it's usually deleted pretty quickly after only a few chapters. There was a crazy revenge NTR story I was going to start reading today, but it's already gone. Ah, no main character mental breakdown for me today.
Old 2021-03-15, 23:11   Link #10718
Garn

For a long time I no longer give second chances to novels that use the "黒目黒髪" more than a few times.
This time I decided to ignore this and currently the novel I start to read uses "黒目黒髪" every moment that is possible, every chapter and for anything.
Obviously the use that is given seems to come from a person with strong complexes of being "Japanese" apparently
Whenever "黒目黒髪" appears it's to show amazement, terror (enemies) and adoration
Old 2021-03-19, 00:29   Link #10719
Greenish Growth

Has anyone read much of モテモテハーレム主人公様が愛している幼馴染の無口ヒロインがモブキャラの俺にだけオシャベリで可愛いんだ が ?

https://ncode.syosetu.com/n8856gp/

I notice there's a lot of chapters out for it now. Are they showing the story from different perspectives? It looks like it could be rather good from what little I read. I prefer the web novels that show more of the characters thought process on how it happened because most web novels don't show enough of it and are pretty shallow

For example, I haven't read much of this, but this expulsion revenge web novel seems to show more of the character's thinking process than the great majority of expulsion/revenge web novels:

https://kakuyomu.jp/works/1177354054897468814

It also seems to be a bit more explicit than what syosetsu is usually comfortable with these days. Well, I only skipped to the chapters I wanted to read by their titles so I can't say much about it. I might go back and read it from the beginning, but it still seems to be above average for an expulsion revenge web novel. I guess that's not saying much however.

Last edited by Greenish Growth; 2021-03-19 at 03:13.
Old 2021-03-21, 10:41   Link #10720
dragon1412

most webnovel is amateur though, so detail character thought process is fairly rare, since it required really good writing skill without making it out of place.

Tags
web novel