Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2020-06-13, 20:10   Link #2601
Konja9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichinotachi View Post
Looking back at some chapters when Ishigami was running you can see the things Osaragi did back in the day, looking like something normal but now everything fits with the recent developments. Aka did it again, the madman.
I just see he last episode of the anime. In itself, Osaragi does the same that the manga, but I feel a romantic airfrom Osaragi this time.
Old 2020-06-13, 20:18   Link #2602
Wandering Soul

That's really unexpected. I guess she's not supporting Iino because she feels the relationship won't work out or it'll drive a wedge in their friendship
Old 2020-06-13, 20:25   Link #2603
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
That's really unexpected. I guess she's not supporting Iino because she feels the relationship won't work out or it'll drive a wedge in their friendship
It's a matter of timing. Iino was late to the Ishigami bowl. Osaragi knew Iino well enough to notice she had unrealized feelings for Ishigami and the truth that Ishigami was the one who gave her the flower would be a catalyst for those feelings. When Ishigami confessed to Koyasu, she supported him hoping Iino would still be kept in the dark.

The question now is why Osaragi never pursued Ishigami herself after the scandal. I assume that she was already friends with Iino at the time and knowing he was her crush decided to silently support her both out of friendship and perhaps even shyness over her own romantic feelings like many in this story.
Old 2020-06-13, 20:59   Link #2604
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

More likely due to guilt, she knew what Ishigami went through but kept being a bystander.
Old 2020-06-13, 21:43   Link #2605
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I don't really get why that makes her support Tsubame... does she think she or Miko can't make Ishigami happy? Or is it because she's afraid that if either of them ended up with Ishigami, it would ruin their friendship? The latter makes the most sense to me.
Because at the current moment, Ishigami is aiming for Tsubame and has no interest in Miko. He even reaffirms it - when Ishigami put an anonymous love letter in Miko's desk during middle school, he confesses that he did it out of pity to give her a break from all the bullying. To Osaragi, that confirms that Ishigami never had thought she or Miko were special to him.

Second, it's probably also because Osaragi has been projecting herself onto Miko due to their similar circumstances. They were both victims of bullying that were helped out by Ishigami with no romantic feelings. When Ishigami began pursuing other girls, Osaragi learned that she was not special, and resolved to hold back her feelings. Miko is in a similar position, so Osaragi probably does feel that it's only "fair" that she steps back as well.
Old 2020-06-13, 23:11   Link #2606
SirCopert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Because at the current moment, Ishigami is aiming for Tsubame and has no interest in Miko. He even reaffirms it - when Ishigami put an anonymous love letter in Miko's desk during middle school, he confesses that he did it out of pity to give her a break from all the bullying. To Osaragi, that confirms that Ishigami never had thought she or Miko were special to him.

Second, it's probably also because Osaragi has been projecting herself onto Miko due to their similar circumstances. They were both victims of bullying that were helped out by Ishigami with no romantic feelings. When Ishigami began pursuing other girls, Osaragi learned that she was not special, and resolved to hold back her feelings. Miko is in a similar position, so Osaragi probably does feel that it's only "fair" that she steps back as well.
It's really sad
Old 2020-06-14, 17:02   Link #2607
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post

For the record, I was only going off the spoilers posted in this thread. Apparently, a lot was left off.
Old 2020-06-15, 04:19   Link #2608
shanimebib
Neo Venezia-jin

Spoiler:

Last edited by shanimebib; 2020-06-15 at 06:47. Reason: "Apparently". No confirmation until J-raws are available.
Old 2020-06-15, 09:23   Link #2609
SirCopert

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanimebib View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Spoiler:
Old 2020-06-15, 10:42   Link #2610
devil_slayer

I fail to see the point of this reveal tbh.
Old 2020-06-15, 11:25   Link #2611
shanimebib
Neo Venezia-jin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirCopert View Post
Spoiler for Spoiler:
My guess is she is.

Spoiler:
Old 2020-06-15, 12:59   Link #2612
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_slayer View Post
I fail to see the point of this reveal tbh.
The point isn't that Osaragi has feelings for Ishigami. Her point is that timing is everything, and both she and Miko missed theirs.

She also has deep respect for both Tsubame and Ishigami for what happened in middle school, so she has personal reasons for why she is supporting Tsubame x Ishigami.
Old 2020-06-15, 13:26   Link #2613
SirCopert

It's not that they have lost their timing, they still have chances, but they won't do anything
Old 2020-06-15, 14:06   Link #2614
devil_slayer

Meh I won't buy the TsubamexIshigai ship anytime soon. Especially when the author didn't allow Lino to have a say in the matter yet, Osragi may give up before even trying but no such thing was said about Lino.

Lino is still the meta
Old 2020-06-15, 14:07   Link #2615
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

So many vague line in leak translation. Better of wait for proper one.

Old 2020-06-15, 20:03   Link #2616
BWTraveller
Born to ship

I don't think it's all that accurate to call Ishigami's feelings for Miko "pity". More a matter of empathy, a form of admiration, and a sense of right and wrong. Having himself been already an outcast, he empathized with her. And while he didn't perhaps agree with her somewhat extreme standards, he did admire her sense of justice and her determination. As such, he's been protecting her all this time in part because he can't stand seeing such a determined fighter being met with nothing but derision, and partly because he too can say and do embarrassing things and doesn't want her to be embarrassed the same way.

Really, I have to say regardless of what Osaragi believes I very much prefer the Yu X Miko ship. His relationship with Koyasu feels a bit more like admiration and idealization in contrast to Miko, which is firmly ground in clear observation and understanding. I'd say both can become love. The former can bloom much more quickly, but it can fade just as fast, while the latter takes longer but has a firmer foundation. What can I say, I generally prefer to ship people who got to know each other over a long time. Or who took a long time building to an actual relationship like our main characters.

On a different note, I'm really happy to find this series going a direction I always like to see but rarely do: they're actually going to make the girl find out the misunderstanding. Usually in the shows I've seen the most we get is something like at the sports festival, with a girl showing up once more to let the guy "move on". Frankly, in this case I think it's really for the best beyond anything else that she find out; not knowing how badly she'd been treated could keep her from learning from her mistakes, and she could end up with an even bigger bastard.
Old 2020-06-16, 02:01   Link #2617
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirCopert View Post
It's not that they have lost their timing, they still have chances, but they won't do anything
It's not about having a chance. At this point, she could only pursue him for her own happiness. But she wishes for his.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
Really, I have to say regardless of what Osaragi believes I very much prefer the Yu X Miko ship. His relationship with Koyasu feels a bit more like admiration and idealization in contrast to Miko, which is firmly ground in clear observation and understanding. I'd say both can become love. The former can bloom much more quickly, but it can fade just as fast, while the latter takes longer but has a firmer foundation. What can I say, I generally prefer to ship people who got to know each other over a long time. Or who took a long time building to an actual relationship like our main characters.
I don't know what to think of Tsubame x Ishigami, but I don't like Ishi x Miko. It's the old cliché pairing of two people who can't really stand each other for any length of time, he's not really attracted to her right now, and there's a chance her romantic needs are pretty whack.
Old 2020-06-16, 06:47   Link #2618
Sixth
Hu Tao

I think I am biased, but I don't really enjoy this chapter as much as Miko chapters.
Old 2020-06-16, 09:51   Link #2619
SirCopert

You say? In my opinion the Ishigami x Miko could last, she has matured, now it seems that you are not standing but after her final development it would be feasible, and this development will take place after the realization and acceptance of the feelings she feels towards Ishigami. However apart from that, what did Ishigami find on Tsubame? It was probably only her physical appearance, among other things neither of them tries to get to know each other, usually relationships of this type are destined to fail, and not to mention the latter's characterization
Old 2020-06-16, 10:39   Link #2620
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Are you skipping anything related to Ishigami with Tsubame?

Tags
character derailment, coming of age, desconstruction, genre shift, love triangle, memeguya, no longer our guy, quality decline, romcom, school life