AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2020-05-15, 08:59   Link #141
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
There may be a reason as to why she is conserving her funds (eating free meal bars and reduced-price fruit). Maybe she has to buy something really expensive. Endorsi ate a vegetarian meal and then didn't have enough funds for meals after she got injured.
Well, in Japan, and probably South Korea too, being a vegetarian is hard, and finding places that serve it is difficult and expensive, and the manga kind of reflects that. So, that's why Endorsi's meal was pretty high. Regular meals wouldn't be so much, but Rachel is penny-pinching a lot here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
IIRC they're not funds. They're points you use to pass the exam.
Wellll, technically they're both since they ARE buying stuff with them.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-15, 13:30   Link #142
Magewolf

Quote:
It's like doing a group project with someone who isn't motivated. Also, the project is what you were willing to give everything for, and you risk your life.
Bam was motivated enough that he let his head be split open for her without hesitation. How much more motivation does he need?
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-15, 13:47   Link #143
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
Bam was motivated enough that he let his head be split open for her without hesitation. How much more motivation does he need?
That's his motivation to be with her. Not his motivation to climb the Tower.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-15, 15:04   Link #144
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
That was his motivation to protect the "Sun" of his universe. I agree with Anh Minh that it does not reflect his motivation to climb the Tower. In fact, he jeopardized passing the test for climbing the Tower to protect her. Test takers are responsible for their own injuries.

By the way, I'm really loving this title. You guys are great!
Old 2020-05-16, 01:18   Link #145
Tuor

BTW, as someone said earlier, their "funds" are their points, which factor in to whether or not they're able to "graduate" from the floor. Thus, most everyone buys the absolute cheapest food they can.

They aren't using money to buy their food.
Tuor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-16, 07:14   Link #146
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
It's like doing a group project with someone who isn't motivated. Also, the project is what you were willing to give everything for, and you risk your life.
She is the same Rachel that with her group killed every single other contestant in their first test. This isn't a "game" where you need others (outside your group) to progress, quite the opposite.

There is no explanation so far as to why she needs Bam to climb the tower and why it is more advantageous for her to have him in a different group than hers, considering the tests often revolve around pitting groups against each others.

In fact it sounds more likely that she doesn't care at all about the sky and she doesn't really want to climb the tower herself but specifically wants Bam himself to climb the tower.

That would explain why, instead of trying to get the crown, her group joined in not to take it from him but to protect him once he got it.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-16, 16:11   Link #147
grecefar

Well I sat down and watched all 7 chapters and I'm enjoying it more than I thought but it remind me how bad bam was at the beginning with his obssesion with rachel.

I'm happy that anak is getting so much screentime, and I can't stop listen the opening.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-20, 11:08   Link #148
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Episode 8 is out!
Spoiler for ep8:
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-20, 16:27   Link #149
Irenesharda

I'm sorry, but I have to make this mention before I continue reviewing this episode of ToG. In what universe does Khun have a bowl-cut? Does he look like Moe Howard to you?!

Anyway...

It was really good, I liked how much material it was able to get through in a short time. We were able to get through Team A and a little of Team B. Rak and his silent companion were hilarious eating candy bars together. Kuhn turned out to be too smart for Quant, but Quant got to keep his dignity because there was no way that Khun was going to allow his soulmate best friend, Bam fail. And what's important to Bam is important to Khun (other than Rachel who he considers bad for Bam), so Khun had planned from the beginning to betray his own "team" in order to make sure Bam would be able to pass. That's my Blue Turtle right there!

Serena's backstory was chilling, and Team B is so disorganized. But even more chilling than Serena's story was that low cello note when it flipped to Hoh. They really want you to be scared of him!

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2020-05-22, 11:25   Link #150
4th Dimension

Aaand we are back to fighting that makes me soooo boooored. What makes me most bored is that they made it so if Team A wins Bam will fail. But since he is MC you just know that Team As efforts are wasted they will loose somehow no matter what they do.

It's even worse with Team B being a shitshow AND there being a betrayal on I'm betting. So it's going to be writer fiat nonesense/copout next episode to make Bam not fail.

This is what I hate when they have the MC be combat incapable except in special circumstances. It trivializes all tension since you know none of it is real and it's not getting resolved just because writter refuses to turn on MCs I win button.

PS: If this was honest A vs B team it would have been better, but they just had to stack the decks waaaay too much to make it annoyingly tiresome.

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-22, 11:35   Link #151
Magewolf

Bam seems to be a strong wave controller so why does everyone assume he will fail to pass his course by himself? They actually mention that the test is pointless for the competent people.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-22, 13:20   Link #152
4th Dimension

He is one person in a team that doesn't want to work together and in which key people are working against it. I guess it's similar to Team A being boned. Plus in their team their key person, it, seems to be working against them. Though I guess talk no jitsu might work on that one.

The test being pointless for competent people is I think in refference to competent people already having enough points to pass regardless.

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-22, 18:16   Link #153
Irenesharda

Quote:
Bam seems to be a strong wave controller so why does everyone assume he will fail to pass his course by himself? They actually mention that the test is pointless for the competent people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Dimension View Post
He is one person in a team that doesn't want to work together and in which key people are working against it. I guess it's similar to Team A being boned. Plus in their team their key person, it, seems to be working against them. Though I guess talk no jitsu might work on that one.

The test being pointless for competent people is I think in refference to competent people already having enough points to pass regardless.
To help you guys out with this a little bit. So, remember in the beginning of this when they talked about positions, they talked about the fact that you need enough points to pass and go onto the next test.

You were able to achieve points in the positions classes, in the positions class activities (such as that 10 friends assignment), and other things. However, you could also lose points when you used them for things like buying food, or hospital bills.

One of the classes (Rak's class) had a challenge, where if you hit a super far away target, you were totally finished with ALL positions tests and were exempt from everything else until it was time for the next one. That's why and the other guy could sit out.

Everyone else still had to take the test. If you won that test, you received 100,000 pts (200,000 if you took the ranker's badge). If you lost, you got nothing. However, to balance out this all or nothing "final", if you already had enough individual points scored to you from prior to the exam, you could STILL pass with or without passing the test.

These are the people they mentioned like Khun, Anaak, Lauroe, and Shibisu.

It's light having a high A+ in your class even prior to taking the final exam. Even if you fail the final, you would still have an A in the class or at least pass it.

As for Bam, he NEEDs the points from the exam to pass. Even more than that. He needs enough points to get up to the upper echelon to be among the select number of students to get passed to the next test (that number is limited). If Team A won, most of them would have taken all those limited spots, leaving little for Bam and those on Team B. Because of this Khun sacrificed Team A to give Bam a chance so that he can be among those who will get to move on to the next level.

I hope that helps a little

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2020-05-22, 19:58   Link #154
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

So was Team B shafted from the start? It looks to me like most of the stronger people were in Team A.
Old 2020-05-22, 22:00   Link #155
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
So was Team B shafted from the start? It looks to me like most of the stronger people were in Team A.
In a way, but it really just seems like it. Think of it more like, how many "main characters" were on Team A? If you think of it like that, it's pretty equal. Team B has Bam, Endorsi, Hatz, and Rachel on it. While Team A had Khun, Anaak, Shibisu, and Lauroe.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2020-05-27, 11:38   Link #156
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Spoiler for ep.9:
Old 2020-05-27, 11:49   Link #157
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Endorsi had a horn that I've just noticed, also apparently eating stale bread in this world is enough to make you kill other people, probably because of the mold in it
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-27, 12:49   Link #158
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Yeah a lot of people have horns in this show. Endorsi's is the least visible I think...as for the stale bread, it wouldn't really be edible, since stale bread is harder than hard tack, but why not, let's put it as food in a noble family's dinner table!
Old 2020-05-27, 13:42   Link #159
CCPDarkraiRules
Vassal of the King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Yeah a lot of people have horns in this show. Endorsi's is the least visible I think...as for the stale bread, it wouldn't really be edible, since stale bread is harder than hard tack, but why not, let's put it as food in a noble family's dinner table!
Well you are right about Endorsi's horn being the least visiable because I never noticed it when reading the webtoon I only noticed it in the anime.
Old 2020-05-27, 14:19   Link #160
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I noticed eventually, but for the longest time I thought it was just her hairline.

Comparison with the webtoon:
they took away some details that'd make sense of what happened with the Rachel rescue. (Though the bit with the panties was much clearer in the anime. Honestly, I never understood it till now.)
The most important was the concept of safe zone, places where Quant can't go (because he was still following the test's rules). Quant caught up with Ho near one, and Ho was able to retreat to it, so Bam was the only one who could rescue Rachel. While Quant was taking care of the Spear Revolutionaries, who'd decided to interfere for reasons.

Oh, and Quant just showed him the paralysis technique to encourage him, he didn't expect Bam to get it in one go, since it took him decades to master. After he became a Ranker.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote