AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2020-04-06, 18:49   Link #6761
The Infinite Dream

How would resistance transform into regeneration? Thats a far leap.
The Infinite Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-06, 19:05   Link #6762
godz

if gressil (as sonelion) had had more time and with that they would achieve the super demon level maybe their evolutionary ability in that range ... but we will never know, since both were killed.

changing the subject, zenon the adoptive father of baalberith should not be so weak ... I think his level should be in high-ultimate demon, that is, he would give a good fight to zeoticus or zekram (both I see them in that range of power )
godz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-06, 23:28   Link #6763
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by godz View Post
if gressil (as sonelion) had had more time and with that they would achieve the super demon level maybe their evolutionary ability in that range ... but we will never know, since both were killed.

changing the subject, zenon the adoptive father of baalberith should not be so weak ... I think his level should be in high-ultimate demon, that is, he would give a good fight to zeoticus or zekram (both I see them in that range of power )
Well no one really cares about Zeno. But seeing as he is a high-class Grim Reaper and low-class Grim Reapers are stronger than average mid-class devils, he is likely around the level of an Ultimate-class devil.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-07, 03:34   Link #6764
Itsmepatrick

Zeno's strength was around Ultimate level class .
Itsmepatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-07, 03:54   Link #6765
Giuseppe1234

Quote:
We will never know whether or not gressil with his ability would have become immune ... since there could be a possibility that gressil's ability would evolve to a doomsday type and could return from death as the core of trihexa.

but as I said, they are just assumptions.
Assumptions prived of logic or tests.

Resistance works only after some hits received, not istanteanly. It is irrilevant the power of the user. A regeneration able to return from ashes in life? Assolute illogic and withtout a sense, being abilities totally differents.

Zeoticous is only high class devil, indeed he affirmed that issei after the obtainment of BxB was stronger than him.
The level power of Zekram is unknown, we will never have a reply about it
Giuseppe1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-07, 05:18   Link #6766
saucerKing

zekram is probably on the higher ends of ultimate class, i dont think he is maou class otherwise we would get told about him being that powerful.

personal theory but zeno is probably among hades strongest subordinates, not pluto level but definitely strong otherwise hades wouldn't send him to participate as their king since if he was weak he would get taken out before they could get actual results in battle from the devils they sent to him
saucerKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-07, 06:17   Link #6767
Itsmepatrick

Zekram's strength probably was around the level of Ultimate class.
Itsmepatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-07, 07:38   Link #6768
godz

Do you know the full potential of Gressil? The guy died before showing everything he could improve.

About zeoticus and zekram, I have felt that all the demon heads of a demon house are ultimate class demons by their power or simple policy
Old 2020-04-07, 07:51   Link #6769
Giuseppe1234

Quote:
Do you know the full potential of Gressil? The guy died before showing everything he could improve.

About zeoticus and zekram, I have felt that all the demon heads of a demon house are ultimate class demons by their power or simple policy
Nothing of true

How is relevant the potential of Gressil? He could become a super devil, not reach the dragon god class like Balberith. Then, affirm that ‘Resistance’ would be able to develop a regeneration equal to Trihexa is absurd. Those are different abilities, Resistance has nothing do to with it.

So can Saji develop his black flames until they will become as strong and letal as the Blazing Inferno of Scorching Flames of Ddraig because the develop can do everything? Or Rias with the pod can develop others abilities completely different that has nothing to do with the pod?
Old 2020-04-07, 08:02   Link #6770
godz

This image taken from the dxd manga (which was a fairly faithful adaptation of the light novel in its first volumes), shows the noble title of each class.

curious that in the ultimate there is a duke and a great king, if you don't remember zeoticus gremory he was a duke.

stamina and regeneration are abilities of the same order or related , it is like fire and lightning or water and ice ... but it seems that you are not ready for this conversation.

ps: about saji, could it if it received an external power like the blessing of ophis or the power of great red.
Old 2020-04-07, 08:15   Link #6771
godz

"Upon taking my Dragon Shot, Gressil was sent flying. However, Gressil tried to fix his stance as it only did a little damage. There, Akeno-san supported me by raining her lightning.

“Lightning!”

Akeno-san fired her demonic power while endowing a large amount of lightning aura on her hands. Gressil, who didn’t seem to try to dodge, took Akeno-san’s lightning as a whole…Gressil’s body was covered in sparks, yet he still had a smile on his face. Akeno-san’s lightning didn’t work on him. Gressil said,

“Lightning Onee-san, it’s too bad. My body has remembered your lightning. If you want to inflict damage upon me, you should either increase the output power or use another technique!”

Akeno-san narrowed her eyes upon looking at this.

“So that is your specialty.”

That’s right, Gressil’s specialty was [Resistance]. Once he took his opponent’s attack, a [Resistance] would be born against the attack. Akeno-san’s lightning — the reason why he wasn’t damaged by the light part was due to him already taking the lightning before, so his body had already created a [Resistance] against it. Plus, he must’ve also created a [Resistance] against the thunder due to the attack just now. It also seemed like his body had gotten used to my attacks — Dragon Shot and the Tail’s Ascalon.

The [Resistance] Specialty wasn’t only particular to Devils as there were other monsters and supernatural beings who had it as well. However, the one that Gressil was building up and applying to his body unusually fast. Plus, there was no restriction on the attriibutes as he could create a [Resistance] to all sorts of damage.

—That was the name that Rias, Ravel, Rossweisse-san and my other comrades gave it upon looking at the match recordings and analysing Gressil’s specialty …Although there were some differences to my comrades’ analysis, based on what I’ve seen with my eyes, they were more or less the same. I really didn’t understand how his [Resistance] worked, however, the fact that to a certain extent he got [Resistance] to my aura itself is undeniable. No, but one of the techniques of Ddraig who lived within me in [Boosted Gear], [Penetrate], seemed to be able to get through that [Resistance] ability. Ddraig, who was inside me, talked about this.

[Yeah, I’m sure your attacks will be able to ignore his [Resistance] if you endow them with [Penetrate]. …At first, that is.]

…Wait, wait, Ddraig. The way you put it made it sound as if he would be able to develop [Resistance] even against [Penetrate].

[It’s not impossible. Conversely, it might be able to pierce his [Resistance] any number of times. But considering the speed of his growth, talent, and after judging from his match recordings and this actual fight, he’s a genius. It would be too dreadful if he manages to build [Resistance] even to [Penetrate]. Instead of using [Penetrate] in this unstable space where you can’t perform to your best, I believe it’s better to change to your Dragon Deification form after fully preparing and finish him in one go by using the [Penetrate] of that form.]"

(shin dxd 3,life 2)

gressil and sonelion have great potential in their hack abilities, but they faced their worst opponents and died before reaching their full power
Old 2020-04-07, 08:22   Link #6772
CCPDarkraiRules
Vassal of the King

@godz Despite what the manga shows in the light novel there is nothing that suggests that noble titles are linked to the classes of Devil.
Old 2020-04-07, 08:31   Link #6773
Marvix
Elmenhilde's Fang

Yeah that manga image is baloney
Old 2020-04-07, 08:42   Link #6774
godz

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCPDarkraiRules View Post
@godz Despite what the manga shows in the light novel there is nothing that suggests that noble titles are linked to the classes of Devil.
Now that I started investigating what you said, I found this.

"Buchou and I sat on the chairs. Blue made a big sand-clock appear using his demonic-powers.

“Then the limit is one hour. The test starts….now.”

The sand-clock is tipped and the test starts! Uo! It already began! I turned around the test paper that has few pages…….. Unnnn! I looked at the test paper and nasty sweat drops appeared on my forehead. They are all hard questions!

….There are things about peerages and also about high-class, middle-class, and low-class devils related to it……. Maou, Great-King and Archduke are extremely important…… For the high-class devils the peerage goes Duke, Prince, Marquess, Count, Viscount and Baron. Was the peerage for the middle-class devils Baronet and Knight……? It’s similar to the human’s peerage but also includes devils original meaning to it….. Nu, nuuuuuu…….. The applied problems are complicated…… The level of the test is the right level for me because all of the questions are either problems that I can answer or problems that I can’t answer. Buchou is answering the questions smoothly besides me! That’s what you call a talented girl! So problems like this are a piece of cake for her! I’m in trouble. If I fail the test, then I can’t face Buchou and her parents! I used my brain in full and started glaring at the test papers."(fun gremory)

It seems that they are right, the image of the manga is liberty of the mangaka or a discarded idea of ichie...The dxd wiki is pretty accurate, too, so I don't see that much of a problem.

I still maintain that zekram and zeoticus have the level or title an ultimate devil, like many house leaders ... it can be by power or simple policy so that they are not ordered by a reincarnated ultimate class devil.
Old 2020-04-07, 09:13   Link #6775
Lucidrago

Quote:
Now that I started investigating what you said, I found this.

"Buchou and I sat on the chairs. Blue made a big sand-clock appear using his demonic-powers.

“Then the limit is one hour. The test starts….now.”

The sand-clock is tipped and the test starts! Uo! It already began! I turned around the test paper that has few pages…….. Unnnn! I looked at the test paper and nasty sweat drops appeared on my forehead. They are all hard questions!

….There are things about peerages and also about high-class, middle-class, and low-class devils related to it……. Maou, Great-King and Archduke are extremely important…… For the high-class devils the peerage goes Duke, Prince, Marquess, Count, Viscount and Baron. Was the peerage for the middle-class devils Baronet and Knight……? It’s similar to the human’s peerage but also includes devils original meaning to it….. Nu, nuuuuuu…….. The applied problems are complicated…… The level of the test is the right level for me because all of the questions are either problems that I can answer or problems that I can’t answer. Buchou is answering the questions smoothly besides me! That’s what you call a talented girl! So problems like this are a piece of cake for her! I’m in trouble. If I fail the test, then I can’t face Buchou and her parents! I used my brain in full and started glaring at the test papers."(fun gremory)

It seems that they are right, the image of the manga is liberty of the mangaka or a discarded idea of ichie...The dxd wiki is pretty accurate, too, so I don't see that much of a problem.

I still maintain that zekram and zeoticus have the level or title an ultimate devil, like many house leaders ... it can be by power or simple policy so that they are not ordered by a reincarnated ultimate class devil.
We have no evidence of that. They're simply high-class devils unless Ishibumi states otherwise.

Wouldn't Ishibumi have immediately stated that they were Ultimate-class devils seeing how important a rank it is and the amount of achievements and contributions you have to make in order to achieve such a rank? The only Ultimate-class devils we know are Diehauser, Tannin, Rudiger, Rias, Sona, Sairaorg, and Seekvaira. I don't remember whether it was stated in the light novel whether Grayfia was an Ultimate-class devil or not.

The only thing really powerful about Zekram is his political power. We can't say anything about his power level although we know he is strong being a high-class devil.
Old 2020-04-07, 14:04   Link #6776
Giuseppe1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
We have no evidence of that. They're simply high-class devils unless Ishibumi states otherwise.

Wouldn't Ishibumi have immediately stated that they were Ultimate-class devils seeing how important a rank it is and the amount of achievements and contributions you have to make in order to achieve such a rank? The only Ultimate-class devils we know are Diehauser, Tannin, Rudiger, Rias, Sona, Sairaorg, and Seekvaira. I don't remember whether it was stated in the light novel whether Grayfia was an Ultimate-class devil or not.

The only thing really powerful about Zekram is his political power. We can't say anything about his power level although we know he is strong being a high-class devil.
Also Ruval, Ingvild and maybe Roygun. I do not remember if after the rating game scandal, she has been declassified in high class with another one

Last edited by Giuseppe1234; 2020-04-07 at 14:16.
Old 2020-04-07, 15:13   Link #6777
dnb

In Zero the 72 pillars are viewed as demons, inferiors to the 6 hoses serving Lucifer and the families of the original Maous (and if I remember correctly, those 10 families are claiming to be the only devils), Grayfia should be Ultimate by birth, just like the descends of the Maous, unless Zekram took her title; the original Lucifuge, Satanachia, Agaliarept, Fleurety, Sargatanas and Nebiros were probably the first Ultimate-class, Zekram probably the strongest High-class ... power of destruction is hax, from Rias vs Verrine we know that even if the opponent attack is superior to the pod attack, in the end, pod will cancel both attacks, but it is hard to say if Zekram would be Ultimate-class because of his attack power alone.
Roygun and her family lost the Ultimate-class title, now the house is just a High-class one, and lost a lot of power and influence.
dnb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-07, 15:18   Link #6778
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giuseppe1234 View Post
Also Ruval, Ingvild and maybe Roygun. I do not remember if after the rating game scandal, she has been declassified in high class with another one
I forgot about Ingvild. Thanks for reminding me. But does she have the same privileges any other Ultimate-class devil would?

Unless you have info that I don't, Ruval is still a high-class devil. Kiba said it was rumored that he was going to be promoted to Ultimate-class back in Volume 12, but we don't know if he's been promoted yet or not.

Roygun was demoted to high-class devil.
Old 2020-04-07, 16:14   Link #6779
godz

• Due to Ingvild Leviathan’s peculiar origin, handling her situation is difficult, but because of her Maou’s lineage she is to be treated at least as Ultimate-class Devil. Without [Evil Pieces] awarding.(syzorst)

That reminds me that I still want to know how many wings Irina has now, according to me a ultimate angel should have between 8-10 wings and also know if Dulio has her Brave Saint outfit.
Old 2020-04-07, 17:39   Link #6780
Giuseppe1234

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
I forgot about Ingvild. Thanks for reminding me. But does she have the same privileges any other Ultimate-class devil would?

Unless you have info that I don't, Ruval is still a high-class devil. Kiba said it was rumored that he was going to be promoted to Ultimate-class back in Volume 12, but we don't know if he's been promoted yet or not.

Roygun was demoted to high-class devil.
The only difference with Ingvild is that she has not obtained the evil pieces. A thing correct for a rookie.

Unfortunately there are not citations where it is confirmed the promotion of Ruval. Another omission of the author, like the nomination of Saji and Tsubaki to middle class in vol22, even if now is not more relevant.

For me, for the character of Dulio is hard to think that he wants a peerage, being in part lazy and irresponsible, disappearing for a bit for the food. This is before team DxD