AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2019-09-28, 21:18   Link #421
Wandering Soul

Yvette is really happy about being a spy, is not she? Also, fellow FGO players who finished part 1, take note that Svin is now technically two ranks higher than us (Waver and Melvin are one rank higher).

Olga made a friend! This truly is the best timeline for her.

That Waver and Iskander scene was a nice way to finish things. Hopefully, this gets a second season.
Old 2019-09-28, 21:36   Link #422
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
Yvette is really happy about being a spy, is not she? Also, fellow FGO players who finished part 1, take note that Svin is now technically two ranks higher than us (Waver and Melvin are one rank higher).
Well it gives her an excuse to follow Waver wherever he goes...plus lets her avoid jail. Plenty to appreciate .
Quote:
Olga made a friend! This truly is the best timeline for her.
Somebody finally acknowledges her .
Old 2019-09-28, 21:53   Link #423
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post

It's interesting to think about what would have happened if he had participated though. He knows all too well his own limitations so he would have probably had Gray serve as the master, and given her connection to Artoria, she would have probably summoned her. They would have been one OP team.
Waver was participating to see Iskandar again, so he would ave used the relic. In any case, Shirou having Avalon embedded in him and living in Fuyuki established a connection to Arturia pretty early, IIRC, so even Grey couldn't have summoned her.

I do wish Saber and Grey could meet someday.

Quote:
Really enjoyed this show and I hope there'll be a second season.
Well, with all the FGO gachabucks, there is a strong possibility.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-28, 22:24   Link #424
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Agreed. That would be an interesting meeting...

Of course, Saber talking to Add would be kind of funny too. Her own weapon talking back to her .
Old 2019-09-28, 23:27   Link #425
Applehell

Could show really not have bother to put any explanation on what this whole Pride thing is? I'm proponent that exposition should be mminal, but not completely absent, sheesh.

Anyway, was pretty fun show overall. Half of it screamed sequel bait so much that it's hard to believe a S2 won't happen some time down the line.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-28, 23:33   Link #426
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
Could show really not have bother to put any explanation on what this whole Pride thing is? I'm proponent that exposition should be mminal, but not completely absent, sheesh.
They pretty much said it was a rank in the Clock Tower.

Old 2019-09-28, 23:58   Link #427
Applehell

Yes, but I don't what it means in relative to like... anything. Is it has something to do with context of being a student or something more general like Lord? Just a bit more context would have been help to know why it is a big deal. At first I thought this was some kind of graduation ceremony, but with oly Svin getting it was clearly not.
Old 2019-09-29, 00:13   Link #428
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Waver was participating to see Iskandar again, so he would ave used the relic. In any case, Shirou having Avalon embedded in him and living in Fuyuki established a connection to Arturia pretty early, IIRC, so even Grey couldn't have summoned her.

Well, with all the FGO gachabucks, there is a strong possibility.
Can 2 versions of Artoria exist in the same Grail War? Gray would be summoning Latoria, right?. I think that Latoria is the version that uses that lance as the weapon.
Old 2019-09-29, 00:24   Link #429
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Yes, but I don't what it means in relative to like... anything. Is it has something to do with context of being a student or something more general like Lord? Just a bit more context would have been help to know why it is a big deal. At first I thought this was some kind of graduation ceremony, but with oly Svin getting it was clearly not.
They said it's the third highest rank in the Clock Tower, and they said it's a big deal that a teenager like Svin achieved it. Lord, as mentioned earlier in the show, is a term for a leader of a Clock Tower faculty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Can 2 versions of Artoria exist in the same Grail War? Gray would be summoning Latoria, right?. I think that Latoria is the version that uses that lance as the weapon.
Two versions of the same Saber were summoned before in a previous Grail War, but that was because of the Edelfelt Sorcery Trait, I don't think two totally seperate people could summon two different versons of the same person.

Last edited by Endscape; 2019-09-29 at 00:35.
Old 2019-09-29, 00:37   Link #430
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
Yes, saving the world isn't really rewarding on that front.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-29, 01:59   Link #431
Applehell

Quote:
They said it's the third highest rank in the Clock Tower, and they said it's a big deal that a teenager like Svin achieved it. Lord, as mentioned earlier in the show, is a term for a leader of a Clock Tower faculty.
And what is the 1st and 2nd ranks and out of how many? What is Waver's rank? Why are they just dropping such an important lore moment now instead at least setting some of this up earlier so viewers just don't nod their head at it is happening even they don't understand it like much of inner workings of the series. Even just noting their are 7 ranks and some example to understand how important it is wold help.

I get that it is important in-universe but the show does a not great job at making the viewers care about it since just kind of throws it out there. None Svin's abilities seem special to me, so I don't understand what made him so much better than rest. While I'm sure he and his friend get more attention the LNs their barely in the anime so I'm just kind of "huh?" about it.
Old 2019-09-29, 02:10   Link #432
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
And what is the 1st and 2nd ranks and out of how many? What is Waver's rank? Why are they just dropping such an important lore moment now instead at least setting some of this up earlier so viewers just don't nod their head at it is happening even they don't understand it like much of inner workings of the series. Even just noting their are 7 ranks and some example to understand how important it is wold help.
All an anime viewer need to know is that there are ranks and that Svin has reached an advanced one for his age and that he has surpassed Waver in that respect. It's not really all that important lore wise.

Old 2019-09-29, 02:34   Link #433
magnuskn

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Of course, Saber talking to Add would be kind of funny too. Her own weapon talking back to her .
Again, the "happy ending" timeline to UBW exists somewhere in the multiverse.
Old 2019-09-29, 10:06   Link #434
4th Dimension

Quote:
That makes more sense then brother-in-law. Heartless doesn't seem the marriage type .
That doesn't even enter into consideration for that for mages. They marry not because they love someone, or they want to have kids (well some probably do) they marry to continue their families and to pass on their crests.

Quote:
They didn't even tell us what happened to Karabo, though he's obviously dead.
Well, we can pretty much assume what happened. That blow by Faker collapsed his lungs and he probably suffocated in his own blood because the only person who knew advanced healing was the same guy they just chased off and Waver sucks at magic.

Quote:
Eh. I had no idea what the heck was going on, but I got the gist of it. It's about showing how effective Waver is and that despite him being proud of another student surpassing him in rank (which is probably quite a bit higher than he really should be) he is still a bit annoyed it's happening.

But yes, I'm not sure why he needs to go to school if he is so highly ranked?

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-29, 12:32   Link #435
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:

Wouldn't Gray's connection to Artoria overwrite the use of the relic though? I'm not really sure how that works.

Anyway, I was thinking more about a "what if Waver participated with the aim to win" rather than to meet Iskandar again. And with Gray's help, I'm thinking he would have been one of the top dogs.
Old 2019-09-29, 12:36   Link #436
Applehell

Quote:
All an anime viewer need to know is that there are ranks and that Svin has reached an advanced one for his age and that he has surpassed Waver in that respect. It's not really all that important lore wise.
I mean sure and I wouldn't care all that much until Waver said he was surpassed him. They make big deal about Waver being a Lord and without ever mentioning he had another rank and not really clarifying difference here. That why mentioning the other ranking system would have helped. It's minor part of episode sure but it is still valid criticism. I don't intend blow up or anything just pointing out the annoyance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Dimension View Post
Eh. I had no idea what the heck was going on, but I got the gist of it. It's about showing how effective Waver is and that despite him being proud of another student surpassing him in rank (which is probably quite a bit higher than he really should be) he is still a bit annoyed it's happening.

But yes, I'm not sure why he needs to go to school if he is so highly ranked?
Exactly. I understand the general idea but it is still awkwardly inserted.
Old 2019-09-29, 13:54   Link #437
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

I knew rider would appear in this at some point, but I didn't think it would be in a dream
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-29, 14:26   Link #438
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:

I agree, especially for the fact that the game players restored human history/saved humanity past present and received a rank of "Cause" while Svin hasn't done anything like that.
Old 2019-09-29, 14:55   Link #439
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:

We just need Carnival Phantasm Season 2. Make it happen Type-Moon!
Old 2019-09-29, 14:55   Link #440
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Wouldn't Gray's connection to Artoria overwrite the use of the relic though? I'm not really sure how that works.

Anyway, I was thinking more about a "what if Waver participated with the aim to win" rather than to meet Iskandar again. And with Gray's help, I'm thinking he would have been one of the top dogs.
It's a first come, first serve deal. Even if Grey's connection could overwrite Avalon as a relic, Grey would need to arrive in Fuyuki long before the war started in order to be chosen.

It's moot in any case, because Waver is not the sort of guy that would put a target on Grey's back by making her a Master in his stead, even if he pulled a Kiritsugu and declared himself the Master.