Originally Posted by alex_drian View Post
Palamedes: The battle must be one-on-one
Why? It's an AoE NP!

Quote:
Mordred: The battle must be one against evil
Like you can talk!

Quote:
Unknown: One's comrades-in-arms must be courageous
What's this about comrades? What happened to one-on-one?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-25, 15:40   Link #402
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Why? It's an AoE NP!
It's Anti-Fortress actually.

Quote:
Like you can talk!
Depending on how you look at it, what Mordred did wasn't really evil.

Quote:
What's this about comrades? What happened to one-on-one?
Doesn't necessarily mean comrades that are fighting with you right at the moment.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-25, 16:30   Link #403
alex_drian

Quote:
Palamedes: The battle must be one-on-one
Palamedes confirmed retarded.

Quote:
Lancelot: The enemy must not be an elemental
You are fight Arcuied? sucks to be you.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-25, 16:44   Link #404
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus
yeah, it's more about mordred having that battle against artoria.

Even then mordred did that because artoria was a bastard child (half) of the couple reigning britain, while morgan was a proper child, so for some people mordred was the readl heir and not artoria, lol.

What? Pretty much all of Camelot considered Artoria the true king. Even people that rebelled during her reign did that because they had a problem with how "perfect" she was, not because they thought she was illegitimate. Not even Mordred thought that Artoria was a bastard child.
Old 2019-09-25, 18:35   Link #405
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Mordred never came across as evil to me. She just had massive daddy issues, and not without reason. It's still interesting she's the Knight giving that restriction. I'm only counting 11 conditions, are the last two still unknown?

By the way, the novels actually showed the Knights who unlocked the seals, not sure why the anime depicted them as beings of light.
Old 2019-09-25, 22:47   Link #406
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Mordred never came across as evil to me. She just had massive daddy issues, and not without reason. It's still interesting she's the Knight giving that restriction. I'm only counting 11 conditions, are the last two still unknown?

By the way, the novels actually showed the Knights who unlocked the seals, not sure why the anime depicted them as beings of light.
I don't know if they didn't want to make it obvious who was supposed to be speaking (even if anyone who has watched Fate would know who it was) or if they didn't want to use the knights' visages because it would make it more jarring if we didn't hear their voice while unlocking their restriction.
Old 2019-09-26, 00:40   Link #407
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post

The restriction wasn't "You must not be evil", it was "the battle must be against evil". And the battle Mordred's most famous for is against Artoria.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-26, 05:37   Link #408
Tenzen12

I don't see how Mo-chan, as someone who slayed greatest evil of nasuverse even for cost of her own life, isn't best person to say that line...
Old 2019-09-26, 06:41   Link #409
kagato3

Fun fact Morderd is Chaotic Balanced. Ie Chaotic Neutral. So she did nerf the weapons versus herself (not that it helped much since if it follows the legend she did end up impaled on Rhogomyniad but was able to mortally wound Artoria.)
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-26, 08:03   Link #410
XFire
150% done

Oh good, people are defending the murderous lunatic who stood on top of a pile of corpses bragging about how she destroyed Britain forever out of spite.
Old 2019-09-26, 13:17   Link #411
4th Dimension

Also, aren't these lines from Proto Artur's knights so they might not fit the present FGO ones or something?

Quote:
You are fight Arcuied? sucks to be you.
If that's an elemental, that means they can hit her with JUST 12? seal opened lance... Would the world be able to sustain that even?

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-26, 13:34   Link #412
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Dimension View Post
Also, aren't these lines from Proto Artur's knights so they might not fit the present FGO ones or something?

If that's an elemental, that means they can hit her with JUST 12? seal opened lance... Would the world be able to sustain that even?
Supposing Rhon works like Protocalibur, you only need seven to unleash the full force iirc.

And at the very least you'd get Bedi's and Kay's instantly
Old 2019-09-26, 14:22   Link #413
alex_drian

Quote:
No, they can't, even with circunstances, the Mordred seal is not going to open and the stupid Palamades seal make it so definitely the lance user couldn't defeat her.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-28, 12:45   Link #414
Frontier

Figures Yvette is too cute and wealthy to do any jail time. I wonder what her plea bargain involved? Giving out whatever information she had on Heartless? Giving up some of her Mystic Eyes to Policies? Spying on Waver for Adashino? Although now she's too happy to use the fact that she's a spy to get even closer to Waver .

So Adashino was the sister-in-law after all, and she and Heartless were adopted into the same family. I wonder what is the exact nature of their relationship, especially when Heartless didn't even acknowledge her beyond sicking Faker on her .

Olga-Marie is such a tsundere .

I think Reines and Olga-Marie becoming friends is good for them. It gives Reines someone close in age and position to her that she actually enjoys being around, and Olga-Marie definitely feels like she could use a friend after everything she's been through. Sure they frame it in the sense of it being a good social opportunity for prospective lords of prominent Mage families, but a part of me thinks they're both just really happy to have a new friend .

Wow, was not expecting to get a graduation story this soon. Although Svin is still attending classes so I guess it's not that big a shift .

How old is Reines exactly? She looks 15-16, but she was definitely drinking during that party, even to the point where Gray commented on how she holds her liquor well. The drinking age in the UK is 18 so I guess that's got to be how old she is .

So Waver drops out of competing in the Holy Grail War, realizing it would've just been a bout of self-satisfaction on his part and not the true path that Iskandar would have wanted for him, and that he's found fulfillment in his new life as the Lord El-Melloi II .

Yay, Gray got to give Waver his present .

That was definitely a look of longing on Gray's face when she was staring at sleeping Waver. Add took the words out of my mouth about her thinking of kissing him .

I was hoping we'd get it all season, but a "reunion" of sorts between Waver and Iskandar was a perfect way to cap the series off. We got to see and hear Rider again and Waver re-affirm his current life goal and path to truly stand next to Iskandar in his own right. It was just a really sweet scene .
Old 2019-09-28, 14:30   Link #415
4th Dimension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Figures Yvette is too cute and wealthy to do any jail time. I wonder what her plea bargain involved? Giving out whatever information she had on Heartless? Giving up some of her Mystic Eyes to Policies? Spying on Waver for Adashino? Although now she's too happy to use the fact that she's a spy to get even closer to Waver .
Yvette is soooo delightfully SMUGGLY cheerful about being a spy

Quote:
So Adashino was the sister-in-law after all, and she and Heartless were adopted into the same family. I wonder what is the exact nature of their relationship, especially when Heartless didn't even acknowledge her beyond sicking Faker on her .
I'm pretty sure it's a translation mishap. Pretty sure Japanese term for both brother in law and adopted brother is something like legalbrother or something. So he's probably her adopted brother given both were adopted byt the same.

Quote:
How old is Reines exactly? She looks 15-16, but she was definitely drinking during that party, even to the point where Gray commented on how she holds her liquor well. The drinking age in the UK is 18 so I guess that's got to be how old she is .
She is I think still not an adult. Main reason Waver still has a Lord position. Also, do YOU want to be the one to tell a tipsy Reines she should not do something? You do that, and I'll stand back and watch you get evilscrated by her tongue

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-28, 15:29   Link #416
magnuskn

And so ends the best show of the season. I really hope we get a S2.
Old 2019-09-28, 15:56   Link #417
Frontier

Quote:
Yvette is soooo delightfully SMUGGLY cheerful about being a spy
What isn't Yvette cheerful about ?
Quote:
I'm pretty sure it's a translation mishap. Pretty sure Japanese term for both brother in law and adopted brother is something like legalbrother or something. So he's probably her adopted brother given both were adopted byt the same.
That makes more sense then brother-in-law. Heartless doesn't seem the marriage type .
Quote:
She is I think still not an adult. Main reason Waver still has a Lord position. Also, do YOU want to be the one to tell a tipsy Reines she should not do something? You do that, and I'll stand back and watch you get evilscrated by her tongue
I might comment on it, but I would probably rather enjoy a tipsy Reines .
Old 2019-09-28, 18:05   Link #418
MCAL

Maris Billy???

Why are Aniplex subs so bad?!
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-28, 18:32   Link #419
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Kind of weird they didn't show what happened after Gray fired her lazor. There was only a brief glimpse with Heartless saying an incantation which I guess let him escape and that was it. They didn't even tell us what happened to Karabo, though he's obviously dead.

The Heartless/Faker plotline was left hanging, but we got a bit of resolution with Waver deciding not to participate in the fifth HGW and meeting Iskandar in his dream. It's interesting to think about what would have happened if he had participated though. He knows all too well his own limitations so he would have probably had Gray serve as the master, and given her connection to Artoria, she would have probably summoned her. They would have been one OP team.

Really enjoyed this show and I hope there'll be a second season.
Old 2019-09-28, 18:55   Link #420
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
I think Reines and Olga-Marie becoming friends is good for them. It gives Reines someone close in age and position to her that she actually enjoys being around, and Olga-Marie definitely feels like she could use a friend after everything she's been through. Sure they frame it in the sense of it being a good social opportunity for prospective lords of prominent Mage families, but a part of me thinks they're both just really happy to have a new friend .
If I have my timeline correct, then Reines is 15 and Olga-Marie is 11, so they're not that close in age...
If only you could feel how much it hurts, yet I would not wish that upon even the cursed.
The pain is a dagger which stabs my heart, and pricks it every second till it tears apart.
Like a flower whose petals have died, all I feel is emptiness inside
Though for you my heart weeps a river of blood, you are not to be blamed for this flood.
I’m letting you go, even though you were never mine.
It was my mistake to think this could be just fine.

Letting Go
Dark Rose Princess is offline   Reply With Quote