AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2019-08-24, 19:00   Link #221
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Actully the new servant mentioned her name clearly. Just google it. And she seems more like Iskandars double.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-24, 19:10   Link #222
Random14

Her outfit reminds me of the young Alexander (but then much of my Fate knowledge comes from Grand Order). No idea what she is, or what Waver is talking about. Fate has lots of crazy ideas (pseudo-servants, Prisma Illya's card installs, alternate universe versions, etc.) so anything goes. Though looks like stealing the mantle wasn't just to draw Waver in. And heh, hyena is so fitting for Luvia. Hm, so who was the previous head of modern magecraft, as that definitely wasn't Kayneth's field.

Adashino is always up to something which is why Waver doesn't like her (that and her trolling him in general). The priest seems pretty decent but that still doesn't mean much in this 'verse. Poor Olga, she's falling back on her name but she still isn't too bad, just more traumatized than mean.

I guess Gray would be overpowered by an actual Servant. Or maybe not but fighting on top of a train against a flying chariot wouldn't be easy. I hope Waver isn't down too long but Gray is so sweet when she's worrying over him. And how much has Caules gone through in this world? I wonder if this is all unrelated (the murder, the Servant, etc.) or not. Waver's definitely not getting much rest after this though (especially with Melvin jumping in too).
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-25, 05:16   Link #223
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Wait, how was that woman summoned? Using Iskandar's mantle of course, but I mean which ritual was used. Waver mentioned her being a "Ghost Liner" and I don't know if I'm supposed to know what the fuck that is. Based on what he said, it's an alternate container for a heroic spirit compared to the servant system, and that's about all I got. Why would Waver want to get into the HGW so badly if there's another way to summon Iskandar? I'm going to guess it's because it requires absurd mana and therefore involves a lot of sacrifices.

Waver basically said he didn't see her in Iskandar's NP (as if he could remember the faces of all those heroic spirits, but whatever) but she's obviously related to him. Only thing for sure is that she isn't who she claimed to be.
Or maybe her relationship with Iskandar wasn't a proper liege to subject one, and she's kinda salty at the whole thing. It might explain how she feels about Waver.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-25, 05:49   Link #224
4th Dimension

Maaan. Waver has waaaaaaaaay too many people in his circle of friends and acquaintances who just LOOOVE seeing him suffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Adashino feeling Waver's face? Is she trying to make this adversarial relationship more sexually charged or what .
Ha-te-fuck Ha-te-fuck. More fuel for the AdashinoxWaver Titanic ship

Quote:
So now our heroes have to deal with a pseudo-Servant, not to mention one who was apparently closely linked to Iskandar, for an added personal sting to Waver. So not only does Waver have to deal with Iskandar's right-hand woman, but he also has to deal with the idea that Iskandar had "another woman" .
Sad part is that I'm pretty sure if Waver had summoned Iskandar again he too would call half of those things she called him too. Alex liked the Waver who had the young man's spark of struggling against adversity. The current Waver is all too familiar with his many limitations.

Quote:
Olga-Marie complaining about Grey not reacting well to Waver's injury is a total hypocrite after how she freaked out over Trisha's murder. But I guess she still came through to help in her own way .
Olga is just a MAAAASIVE tsundere.

Quote:
Oh hey, Melvin. I almost forgot about him. And he bought his way into the auction to join in on the fun with Waver. Maybe he'll bring Svin and Flat with him .
I'm not sure I want Felt shenanigans on a train half way to the underworld...

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-25, 10:12   Link #225
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
Actully the new servant mentioned her name clearly. Just google it. And she seems more like Iskandars double.
Hephaestion was Iskandar's closest friend, he would have been right next to him in his NP. Yet Waver never saw her, so she isn't him.
Old 2019-08-25, 11:38   Link #226
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Dimension View Post
Maaan. Waver has waaaaaaaaay too many people in his circle of friends and acquaintances who just LOOOVE seeing him suffer

Ha-te-fuck Ha-te-fuck. More fuel for the AdashinoxWaver Titanic ship
True, Waver doesn't get much of a choice in his acquaintances, but he could really do with more Grays and less Reines/Melvins.
Old 2019-08-25, 17:55   Link #227
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Hephaestion was Iskandar's closest friend, he would have been right next to him in his NP. Yet Waver never saw her, so she isn't him.
Unless it's the one who looked like waver in Zero and they just retconned that one into a female.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-25, 20:46   Link #228
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
That being said

Priest: "The victim died of severe trauma, due to being beheaded."
Thank you for that valuable insight, Sherlock Obvious! If you hadn't told me otherwise I would have said she died because she got killed.
To be fair, she could have died by a trauma prior to the beheading, or from blood loss caused by the beheading (this would be worse, btw). Shock from beheading would probably be one of the kindest methods of death in this situation, to be honest.

Quote:
Adashino feeling Waver's face? Is she trying to make this adversarial relationship more sexually charged or what .
If Tokyo Ravens taught me anything, she just slapped about 27 spells and seals on him in that moment.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-25, 21:47   Link #229
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Maybe she died early/got devalued because no longer useful as certain body parts became more prominent. His NP only contained guys after all.

Looks like history gave the real version of Hephaestion the short end of the stick for dying before the real Alexander the Great. None of the other generals had any need to talk about someone other than themselves so he doesn't have much data in history. May have affected why he is not in the NP. That and Alexander's grief over the loss of a friend.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hephaestion

Last edited by orion; 2019-08-25 at 22:23.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-26, 16:23   Link #230
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Can anyone tell me who Caules' sister was? I feel like she's part of the universe somewhere but I don't know her.

Looks like they've just hinted at who might be the mastermind behind all this, the former Modern Magecraft department head. Luvia and the necromancer guy just told us that the culprit might've had a spare key, then a few minutes later they talked about the previous head but didn't reveal who it was.

Quote:
I'd say that this might be the real Hephaestion even if she's female BUT if she's the real deal then she should've seen Waver before if she was part of Rider's entourage in his NP AND YET that was Rider's cart though, even if it only had skeleton horses on them so I don't know what to think

But hey, if servants can appear outside the HGW then Iskandar might make an appearance as well, though still highly unlikely.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-26, 16:48   Link #231
4th Dimension

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
Can anyone tell me who Caules' sister was? I feel like she's part of the universe somewhere but I don't know her.
Both she and her bro were prominent Masters in Apocrypha. So this is basically more "How are they and what they are doing" for Apocrypha characters.

Spoiler for Character background from Apocrypha:

Old 2019-08-26, 20:22   Link #232
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
<snip>
I'd say that this might be the real Hephaestion even if she's female BUT if she's the real deal then she should've seen Waver before if she was part of Rider's entourage in his NP AND YET that was Rider's cart though, even if it only had skeleton horses on them so I don't know what to think
<snip>
Servants don't borrow other people's things. That's her cart.
Old 2019-08-26, 22:38   Link #233
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Servants don't borrow other people's things. That's her cart.
That's not actually true. There are a number of Servants who use the weapons/tools of a related Heroic Spirit, especially if they wouldn't be strong enough alone.
Old 2019-08-27, 04:36   Link #234
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
If Tokyo Ravens taught me anything, she just slapped about 27 spells and seals on him in that moment.
"That's what you get for wearing shades inside".
Old 2019-08-27, 04:45   Link #235
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Servants don't borrow other people's things.
Astolfo sends his regards.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-27, 06:04   Link #236
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Dimension View Post
Both she and her bro were prominent Masters in Apocrypha. So this is basically more "How are they and what they are doing" for Apocrypha characters.

Spoiler for Character background from Apocrypha:
Thanks for the explanation! So it's more like "How Apocrypha characters are doing in this timeline" then.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-27, 07:05   Link #237
4th Dimension

Yup. Same was with that necromancer that is now investigating things with Luvia. He was Mordred's Master in Apocrypha. And I think we saw a fat kid during that scene where that Mage who made electro bunnies is arrested. I'm pretty sure he is the kid of another Apocrypha Master.

And I'm assuming that's just Apocrypha. There are probably all kinds of refferences to other obscure Fate nonsense in this one given it's rather central location it's happening in.

Old 2019-08-27, 17:07   Link #238
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Not really obscure but Olga is in Grand Order and Flat in Strange Fake.
Old 2019-08-28, 08:22   Link #239
4th Dimension

Well they are obscure to people that just watched mainline FSN animes since they don't appear there.

Old 2019-08-28, 10:51   Link #240
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Astolfo sends his regards.
Even better example: Lancelot who just used all of Gilgamesh's weapons against him.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote