AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2019-08-19, 21:04   Link #381
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by godz View Post
Grendel who was a henchman was more imposing, devils with so much potential to be defeated so quickly ... They could have been stronger than hades or angra mainyu ... but no, thousands of theories were destroyed.
Maybe for readers who are only interested in harem or echi does not care, but much potential was lost.
Okay, so is there some kind of agenda here with you? Because none of this was ever even considered that I'm aware of. These guys were Maou-class henchies, they were always going to be fodder to Issei and his peers. The question was if their abilities could threaten the weaker members of DxD.
Old 2019-08-19, 21:11   Link #382
godz

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Okay, so is there some kind of agenda here with you? Because none of this was ever even considered that I'm aware of. These guys were Maou-class henchies, they were always going to be fodder to Issei and his peers. The question was if their abilities could threaten the weaker members of DxD.
They were candidates for super devils, a candidate for super devil is not fodder.
Now what kind of threat is hades? He lost nyx, 2000 high-class devil, gresil, sonnelion, erebus and tartarus, if since he is a top 10 ... but issei has already defeated top 10 and baalberith as verrine are not enemies, only hades and angra mainyu
godz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-19, 21:17   Link #383
cyberdemon

Spoiler for 3:
Old 2019-08-19, 21:18   Link #384
The Infinite Dream

Theres no such thing as candidate for super devil. They were maou class who had the possibility of transcending. Possibility does not mean it will happen. So theyre only maou class and at this stage for most the main fighters that is a fodder enemy.
The Infinite Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-19, 21:19   Link #385
Djeveler

Quote:
They were candidates for super devils, a candidate for super devil is not fodder.
Now what kind of threat is hades? He lost nyx, 2000 high-class devil, gresil, sonnelion, erebus and tartarus, if since he is a top 10 ... but issei has already defeated top 10 and baalberith as verrine are not enemies, only hades and angra mainyu
Hades is already better than a Super Devil candidate, since all you seem to be concerned about is power. Remember that Rizevim was a Super Devil too, and he wasn't even Top 10. So being a Super Devil candidate does not ensure they would have been superior to Hades, even if they did make the jump.

Also, Verrine is joining Hades and Angra Mainyu in dealing with Issei, so she is an enemy, at least for now.
Djeveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-19, 21:20   Link #386
godz

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infinite Dream View Post
Theres no such thing as candidate for super devil. They were maou class who had the possibility of transcending. Possibility does not mean it will happen.
It was potential, a threat that if they had let it bloom it would have been more dangerous ... But it seems that their role was only to shine to cao cao and tobio (for slash dog 4)

Verrine is obviously a potential ally, she is baalberith's sister and how baalberith is a good boy verrine will be a good girl.

Verrine reminds me a lot of what would have been a fem vali.
Old 2019-08-19, 21:21   Link #387
Crimson_Emperor

Their mind is still like a child arrogant and aggresive
Crimson_Emperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-19, 21:40   Link #388
amtro
Distro

Apocalypse x AnswerArms has to be the stupidest name to date.
What the hell are you thinking Ishibumi?
Old 2019-08-19, 21:43   Link #389
Lucidrago

Quote:
It was potential, a threat that if they had let it bloom it would have been more dangerous ... But it seems that their role was only to shine to cao cao and tobio (for slash dog 4)

Verrine is obviously a potential ally, she is baalberith's sister and how baalberith is a good boy verrine will be a good girl.

Verrine reminds me a lot of what would have been a fem vali.
And Sonneillon and Gresil were basically Balberith's brothers and look what happened to them.

We've barely seen anything of Verrine so how do you judge that she's like a female Vali?

Almost feel bad for Zeno having to accompany Balberith.

@amitro I agree. That's basically the worst name I could ever imagine. I wonder if Ishibumi is running out of good names for things in the series.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-19, 21:46   Link #390
godz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
And Sonneillon and Gresil were basically Balberith's brothers and look what happened to them.

We've barely seen anything of Verrine so how do you judge that she's like a female Vali?

Almost feel bad for Zeno having to accompany Balberith.
Is that Verrine wants to fight with Issei and if my memory does not fail me they have dialogues in volume 24 or 25 where he demonstrates a warrior personality.

So she is an allied candidate as a candidate for the harem of issei, leaving the team hades too weak where only hades is who seems to be the only one that matters.
Old 2019-08-19, 21:49   Link #391
BlueDragon1990
DBZ Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
I agree with you there. This reminds me of other dumb names from other series and such. To this day, "Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan" still makes me crack up. Thankfully it is now changed.

Hopefully one day, AxA will have a name change that will sound better.
BlueDragon1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-19, 21:59   Link #392
Djeveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infinite Dream View Post
Theres no such thing as candidate for super devil. They were maou class who had the possibility of transcending. Possibility does not mean it will happen. So theyre only maou class and at this stage for most the main fighters that is a fodder enemy.
They were actually above Maou-class.

Quote:
This I agree with.

I was memeing the other day about Ishibumi's hilariously gratuitous and frequent use of the word "Answer" (albeit in Japanese), but now that he used it in the AxA name in such a clumsy way, and without it relating in the least, at the same time ruining a name that could have been normal on its own (Apocalypse x Arms would have been acceptable), this is actually becoming a serious issue for him, lmao.

Quote:
Is that Verrine wants to fight with Issei and if my memory does not fail me they have dialogues in volume 24 or 25 where he demonstrates a warrior personality.

So she is an allied candidate as a candidate for the harem of issei, leaving the team hades too weak where only hades is who seems to be the only one that matters.
She never showed any warrior-like dialogue. All that was shown is she's jovial and casual, and wants an older brother.

Also how funny that you call Hades "too weak" when just a while ago you were whining about two guys who weren't even transcendent-class being strong and not deserving to be killed so early.
Djeveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-19, 22:17   Link #393
godz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djeveler View Post
They were actually above Maou-class.

This I agree with.

I was memeing the other day about Ishibumi's hilariously gratuitous and frequent use of the word "Answer" (albeit in Japanese), but now that he used it in the AxA name in such a clumsy way, and without it relating in the least, at the same time ruining a name that could have been normal on its own (Apocalypse x Arms would have been acceptable), this is actually becoming a serious issue for him, lmao.

She never showed any warrior-like dialogue. All that was shown is she's jovial and casual, and wants an older brother.

Also how funny that you call Hades "too weak" when just a while ago you were whining about two guys who weren't even transcendent-class being strong and not deserving to be killed so early.
Spoiler for volumen 25, verrine:

Hades is strong, not for nothing is a top 10 ... but is it so strong to be able to defeat Issei, Ddraig, Vali, Albion, Chrom-Cruach, Rias Balor, Fenrir, Ajuka, Prime Strada, Ophis, Lilith and Shiva? the answer is a resounding no, before the devil created with the gods of hell were that answer to match the court before the beings of ExE arrived ... now it has lost 5 powerful allies, baalberith is not a threat to issei and Verrine possibly joins the harem, he only has angra mainyu and unless he has a plan b, hades is no longer a threat of the level promised in volume 23.

but something is clear, of all the new demons born of lilith only baaelberith and verrine are important.
Old 2019-08-19, 22:40   Link #394
cyberdemon

Quote:
Apocalypse x Armaments would have been better
Old 2019-08-19, 23:33   Link #395
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Apocalypse x Armaments would have been better
I'm going with my original idea. ApocalypsexArmaggedon. That would have been an epic name.

@Djeveler How about the five devils created by Lilith that have the potential to become Maou-class devils?

@godz Almost every stupidly powerful person in this series wants to fight Issei. That's not really any proof she's like Vali.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-20, 00:34   Link #396
Lex79

Quote:
Spoiler for volumen 25, verrine:

Hades is strong, not for nothing is a top 10 ... but is it so strong to be able to defeat Issei, Ddraig, Vali, Albion, Chrom-Cruach, Rias Balor, Fenrir, Ajuka, Prime Strada, Ophis, Lilith and Shiva? the answer is a resounding no, before the devil created with the gods of hell were that answer to match the court before the beings of ExE arrived ... now it has lost 5 powerful allies, baalberith is not a threat to issei and Verrine possibly joins the harem, he only has angra mainyu and unless he has a plan b, hades is no longer a threat of the level promised in volume 23.

but something is clear, of all the new demons born of lilith only baaelberith and verrine are important.
It's too early to say that Baalberith and Verrine aren't going to be a threat to Issei. Verrine might join the harem,but for now she wants to fight him, she could fall for him after being defeated. Baalberith is a good guy at heart but that doesn't mean he cannot be coerced or tricked into fighting Issei before switching side.
Old 2019-08-20, 01:02   Link #397
Ashvar

Sonnelion and Gressil did not transcend btw.
Ashvar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-20, 01:15   Link #398
Parry999

Kind of unnecessary of them to exist but Cao Cao needed another w against a Maou-class or above person when he already beat Sairaorg \_(•.•)_/. Tobio needs more feats to hype his prequel I guess. He already fought Grendel clones and an ultimate-class grim reaper.
Parry999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-20, 01:15   Link #399
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Apocalypse x Andwerarm
What's with Chuuni like name?
Old 2019-08-20, 01:20   Link #400
Parry999

Sounds kind of like it's going to be a hinderance with his team mates are on the field in the tournament.
Parry999 is offline   Reply With Quote