Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2019-08-16, 15:22   Link #181
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
Question: Do Fate fans even understand all this magic techabble and theory Waver and like half the cast spout to solve these mysteries?
Nope, not in the slightest. It's all babble to me and not very approachable. Actually the last episode wasn't that bad (though I wasn't a fan of the CGDCT shtick), but the previous arcs before that have definitely suffered from it.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-16, 19:57   Link #182
videoman190

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

8bit op
videoman190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-17, 02:51   Link #183
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by videoman190 View Post
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

8bit op
That's actually pretty sweet. Very nicely done. I clicked half expecting it to not work as an 8 bit chiptune but turns out that it works beautifully. I'm genuinely impressed
Old 2019-08-17, 12:46   Link #184
magnuskn

Well, yikes. "Head explosion" probably is a pretty bad way to go.
Old 2019-08-17, 13:33   Link #185
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Well, yikes. "Head explosion" probably is a pretty bad way to go.
They slit her throat to get the head and the Mystic Eyes, basically her head was stolen

Ooh this is the same Animusphere gal as in FGO, oh man this intertwining of fate timelines is giving me headaches and I don't even know every fate universe based work there is!

Also this episode had 1/6 in the title, meaning we'll be on this train ride until the end of this series!
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-17, 13:37   Link #186
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
Question: Do Fate fans even understand all this magic techabble and theory Waver and like half the cast spout to solve these mysteries?
Yup! I think it's really cool, honestly!
If only you could feel how much it hurts, yet I would not wish that upon even the cursed.
The pain is a dagger which stabs my heart, and pricks it every second till it tears apart.
Like a flower whose petals have died, all I feel is emptiness inside
Though for you my heart weeps a river of blood, you are not to be blamed for this flood.
I’m letting you go, even though you were never mine.
It was my mistake to think this could be just fine.

Letting Go
Dark Rose Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-17, 14:36   Link #187
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
Also this episode had 1/6 in the title, meaning we'll be on this train ride until the end of this series!
It's almost a crime that this series will only be one cour.
Old 2019-08-17, 15:21   Link #188
charles883

Quote:
It's almost a crime that this series will only be one cour.
Well this series act as appetizer for main event: FGO Babylonia chapter series
charles883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-17, 15:31   Link #189
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

They can always make more if it is successful enough.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-17, 16:06   Link #190
Dextro
He Without a Title

Yhep that girl was Director Olga from Grand Order. Pretty cool seeing her in this alternate timeline (also more Luvia as well).

It truly is a crime that this show is just one cour, it's so much better than the usual fate fare.
Old 2019-08-17, 18:15   Link #191
Frontier

I have no experience with Olga-Marie from her other Fate incarnation, but so far she seems like a confident and direct noble young lady who knows what she wants and will get it through whatever means necessary. But even with that kind of confidence she's not ready for finding her retainer's dead body .

She is pretty cute though .

I'm kind of surprised Reines didn't jump aboard the trip, but I guess she has a vital role to play at home by figuring out who was the perpetrator of the theft. The Luvia/Kairi dynamic duo should be interesting to watch .

I love how everyone is all worried about this big, burly, guy from the church who comes off so intimidating and then in comes this girl dressed like an idol singer right behind him .

Looks like Adashino is using Waver to bait someone out...maybe the person who wanted him involved in the auction? I kind of feel bad for Waver that she won't leave him alone though, beautiful as she is .

I wonder if part of the reason Yvette is as flamboyant as she is is because she can read people's emotions and thinks acting out like she does would give her a franker read on people ?

Artoria cameo for the win .

Servants don't remember their previous summonings? But didn't Saber remember the previous war, she just didn't tell Shirou about it at the time? Was she an exception ?

I guess white-haired girls are more suscpetible to motion sickness .

I was expecting we wouldn't be getting into any serious mysteries until the auction, but now it's turned into a legit murder mystery. Murder on the Rail Zeppelin Express .
Old 2019-08-17, 18:24   Link #192
Random14

Talk about a dangerous group. So many mages in one place and someone from the church, didn't expect that. He seems nice so far but that doesn't mean much in a murder mystery (and Nasuverse).

Yay, Olga. I liked her in FGO so I'm happy to see her here too. Even with that death, this is still a lot less stressful than FGO's timeline is.

So 1/6 means the rest of the season will be this arc. I hope they can adapt more novels in the future, I'm loving this series.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-17, 18:46   Link #193
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I guess that lady's mystic eyes weren't that powerful if she couldn't see her own death coming. It could be a case of "I can see other's futures but not mine", I suppose.

Out of all the people that could have tagged along, Caules was the last one I expected. Waver asked Gray to come with him because he knew it'd be dangerous, so I'm surprised he allowed Caules to come.

Frontier: Yes, Artoria was a special case due to the fact she became a heroic spirit while she was still alive. That allowed her to retain memories of her summoning. Also came with drawbacks like being unable to take a spirit form.

Besides her, servants summoned in Fuyuki's HGW are just copies from the Throne of Heroes. When they die, they don't go back to the Throne, they just disappear. No clue how it works in F/GO. I don't remember the reason Jeanne was able to retain her memories and escape the Throne in Apocrypha either (being Ruler?).
Old 2019-08-17, 21:28   Link #194
Wandering Soul

Here I thought Caules would just be a cameo, but it looks like he's actually tagging along for the current arc. I do wonder about Flat and Svin though, they looked like they would be more important in the OP, but unless they get involved in the current arc, they come off as pretty minor.

So I guess future seeing lady either:
A) can't see her own future.
B) saw her death coming, but realized she can't avoid it, so she left some hints as to who did it
C) Isn't actually dead
Old 2019-08-17, 21:55   Link #195
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
Here I thought Caules would just be a cameo, but it looks like he's actually tagging along for the current arc. I do wonder about Flat and Svin though, they looked like they would be more important in the OP, but unless they get involved in the current arc, they come off as pretty minor.

So I guess future seeing lady either:
A) can't see her own future.
B) saw her death coming, but realized she can't avoid it, so she left some hints as to who did it
C) Isn't actually dead
I got the sense that she had some kind of ulterior motive going on when she was talking with Waver.

I almost thought for a second that she was the one who invited him to the auction.
Old 2019-08-17, 22:44   Link #196
GDB

Olga Marie's cameo was nice, but she comes off far older than I figured she'd be. I always got the impression she was about 18-19 in FGO, which starts in 2015. That's 11 years after this, which would put her around 7 or so. But here she's coming off as like, 14 or so. I'm confused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Servants don't remember their previous summonings? But didn't Saber remember the previous war, she just didn't tell Shirou about it at the time? Was she an exception ?
She's unique because she isn't dead when she's summoned. Her spirit is pulled from moments before her death and put into a Servant vessel.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-17, 22:55   Link #197
AnimeFan188

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I got the sense that she had some kind of ulterior motive going on when she was talking with Waver.

I almost thought for a second that she was the one who invited him to the auction.
I wonder if this has to do with the pendant she was wearing when she boarded the train.
The one that caught Gray's eye (though it was only visible for a moment).

https://images2.imgbox.com/12/51/PfcU6cUZ_o.png

Gray's not wearing glasses, I guess she doesn't need mystic eye protection.

Last edited by AnimeFan188; 2019-08-17 at 23:12.
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-17, 23:23   Link #198
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
They slit her throat to get the head and the Mystic Eyes, basically her head was stolen

Ooh this is the same Animusphere gal as in FGO, oh man this intertwining of fate timelines is giving me headaches and I don't even know every fate universe based work there is!

Yes, and the missing head makes it questionable whether she is actually dead to begin with.
Unless they pull some magic ritual, there is literally no way to identify her without the use of forensic sciences (i.E DNA, Fingerprints); And considering the existence of homunculi in the nanuverse not even that is absolute.

Also, her precognitive abilities make it hard to believe she'd get murdered on that train to begin with. It's a good excuse for sending <Forgot her name> out to get some fresh air yeah, but that's about it.

She could for example have easily switched places with Leandra who has about the same physique. More importantly, we haven't seen her face at all and both of them are wearing earrings, so even if Trisha replaced Leandra after the latter's introduction no one would ever find out until the mask falls.

On a sidenote, Luvia's appearance feels somehow forced. And by that I mean so forced, they could have as well put Kotomine in there.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-18, 00:43   Link #199
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Olga Marie's cameo was nice, but she comes off far older than I figured she'd be. I always got the impression she was about 18-19 in FGO, which starts in 2015. That's 11 years after this, which would put her around 7 or so. But here she's coming off as like, 14 or so. I'm confused.
She's 11 years old here which puts her at 22 in FGO. I always thought she was in her 20's in FGO but she does look quite mature in here.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-18, 01:40   Link #200
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Besides her, servants summoned in Fuyuki's HGW are just copies from the Throne of Heroes. When they die, they don't go back to the Throne, they just disappear. No clue how it works in F/GO. I don't remember the reason Jeanne was able to retain her memories and escape the Throne in Apocrypha either (being Ruler?).
In FGO, London Mordred seemed to have subconscious memories of Fran, IIRC. OTOH, Camelot Mordred didn't remember London.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote