AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2019-06-15, 10:59   Link #341
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I think the one who did the best job was Giorno's VA. He really sounded like Narancia.
Old 2019-06-15, 12:42   Link #342
Frontier

Now I'm a little more bummed at them killing Abbacchio off since it means we were denied someone trying their hand at a Junichi Suwabe impression .
Old 2019-06-17, 14:00   Link #343
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Now I'm a little more bummed at them killing Abbacchio off since it means we were denied someone trying their hand at a Junichi Suwabe impression .
lol I know right.

I am looking forward to hearing Konishi do his best Nakamura impression though. XD
Old 2019-06-21, 14:58   Link #344
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Nice episode. The idea that the boss actually operates on two minds sounds better based on the bodyswapping. A shame there was not much progress in terms of plot though.

Man, while this was really sad, I've never seen such an obvious deathflag in Jojo ever since Kakyoin back in Part 3. It was almost Akame ga Kill material with those ideas about what to do later with your life.
Old 2019-06-21, 16:48   Link #345
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
Nice episode. The idea that the boss actually operates on two minds sounds better based on the bodyswapping. A shame there was not much progress in terms of plot though.

Man, while this was really sad, I've never seen such an obvious deathflag in Jojo ever since Kakyoin back in Part 3. It was almost Akame ga Kill material with those ideas about what to do later with your life.
There was a lot of progress, one of the main characters freaking died! I agree the deathflag was too obvious, they should have left that little speech of his out. The shock factor would have been huge. The Fugo scene was a nice addition though. RIP Narancia.

Giorno being able to slip back into his body is a bit weird, considering Bucciarati was in a very similar situation (body fully healed but soul gone) and yet he ended up as a zombie once his soul entered his body again. I guess we can come with possible explanations, like the fact everybody's soul is powered up by Chariot Requiem right now or Gold Experience being a life giving stand offsetting the side effects.
Old 2019-06-21, 18:23   Link #346
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Yeah, a death is important, but it kinda feels like the fight against the boss is taking some time considering how body swapped kind of stopped everybody.
Old 2019-06-21, 22:54   Link #347
Frontier

Narancia, no! As obvious as that Death Flag was (and even Mista is piling them up), just another sudden, abrupt, end for one of the main characters was surprising. Especially with how brutal and cold a death it was. He didn't even get killed in his own body. Narancia, you may have been crass and violent, but deep down you were a good kid .

It's nice to see Fugo remembered, although considering how the team is starting to drop like flies I honestly can't blame him for not going with them back when they split from the organization. I think he probably would've been dead by now .

I guess Giorno is back in his body at least, because our hero's fateful showdown with the Big Bad would be kind of weird if he wasn't in his own body. Heck, it's just kind of weird (or should I say Bizarre?) that all this climactic stuff is happening with body-swapping going on .

Considering Diavolo's split personality, I really should've seen it coming that he and Doppio ended up in different bodies. So I guess we're now back to the "what does Diavolo look like?" mystery. I actually kind of wonder what he looks like now, even if it's hard to imagine the main villain in a some random dude's body...

Mista in Trish's body blasting and handcuffing that crook was sweet justice, although not so much when you realize that he also did it to the police officer who's body the crook was in .

Isn't that the same street from the Opening, where Giorno and Diavolo are fighting ?

Polnareff grabbing the arrow felt fitting. If anyone is going to stop his Stand, it's going to be him...
Old 2019-06-22, 01:28   Link #348
Chosen_Hero

Man, Narancias' death flag was too strong, please nerf. Meanwhile, Mista has died like five times and he is still around.

Now I understand the meaning behind Traitors Requiem, that is some pretty amazing foreshadowing.

Also, I found out in a podcast that apparently Fugo was originally supposed to betray the group and was actually supposed to be in the shoes of Cioccolata, which is why their abilities are pretty similar to each others. That would have been rough for this episode considering how close Fugo and Narancia were.

Last edited by Chosen_Hero; 2019-06-22 at 01:38.
Chosen_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-22, 08:24   Link #349
Vegard Aune

So, funny thing that happened a while back on a Discord server I'm a mod on... We have a very strict "No manga spoilers whatsoever" policy for Jojo, and at one point, I said that this included hinting at stuff too. That, say, if we were coming up on "the sudden and unexpected death of Narancia", nobody who read the manga would be allowed to, like, say that something huge was going to happen involving Narancia in the near future, whether it was overtly referring to him dying or not.

...As you can probably guess I had not read the manga at the time. I did add a disclaimer at least though, saying that, if Narancia did indeed suddenly and unexpectedly die later in the story, then I was at the time of writing completely unaware of it. But I later went and read the manga, and was told that people in the Part 5-7 spoiler chat were just all "Oh god, while telling people not to spoil stuff he's kinda inadvertently spoiling stuff himself!"
Old 2019-06-22, 14:41   Link #350
HandofFate

wonder if since the last thing Pol was thinking of when he was dying was his Stardust buddies, if Chariot Requiem is actually trying to walk to Jotaro to give him the arrow.

Also, I feel that even if Fugo didn't go with the group, the boss still wouldn't let him live on the off chance, he would change his mind later.
Old 2019-06-22, 17:46   Link #351
Wandering Soul

Narancia started waving so many death flags around you have to wonder if he actually just got tired of living.
Old 2019-06-24, 09:58   Link #352
alex_drian

I have a faint idea where Diavolo can be, gotta wait for next episode for the answer.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-28, 14:07   Link #353
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

You know, with the whole idea of split personalities and background that could be further explored, I think Diavolo and Dioppo might be the best antagonist in Jojo at least from my point of view. Still, it looks like Araki really wanted to kill more characters considering the apparent body count.
Old 2019-06-28, 18:48   Link #354
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I still think Kira is the best, tied with part 7's antagonist. Part 6's antagonist is third place.
Old 2019-06-28, 22:06   Link #355
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
wonder if since the last thing Pol was thinking of when he was dying was his Stardust buddies, if Chariot Requiem is actually trying to walk to Jotaro to give him the arrow.

Also, I feel that even if Fugo didn't go with the group, the boss still wouldn't let him live on the off chance, he would change his mind later.
That for some reason the Boss didn't kill Fugo amazes me. Why even take the risk that he was secretly still working with his team? Writing him out of the story anyways so no reason to actually let him live.

Also I'm just going to make it my personal canon that Chariot Requiem is trying to get the arrow to Jotaro. It'd make sense that Polnareff's stand would be smarter than his user and know that the guy that beat Dio could probably handle this situation .
Old 2019-06-29, 07:33   Link #356
Chosen_Hero

Oh look, Mista was killed again, at this point it's obvious that his body is cursed or something.

Well... I didn't expect people to start turning into cronenbergs, might as well just set Rome on fire at this point, there's no saving anyone there at this point.
Old 2019-06-29, 17:41   Link #357
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Oh look, Mista was killed again, at this point it's obvious that his body is cursed or something.
Only difference: it's Trish that is currently in his body (with him still being fine inside hers).
Old 2019-06-29, 17:52   Link #358
Frontier

And thus ends Doppio. I mean, I still feel like there's a lot of unresolved questions about Doppio and Diavolo, but I guess those are just going to be left unanswered now. I'm not sure how consciously aware of what was going on Doppio was, or the kind of monster he was helping (and secretly was himself), but I almost do feel kind of bad for him fading away without his other self alongside him .

Man, Giorno keeps being one-step ahead of The Boss. Makes me excited for when they finally go toe-to-toe properly .

I guess it's fitting that Diavolo would end up in the body of the daughter he's been trying to kill, although at least Trish got to have one moment of strong defiance against her father. Not that it managed to stop him, however .

Mista really needs to stop talking too soon. If he had just shut up for five minutes maybe they would have beaten Diavolo by then .

I just realized the ED has been indicating which of the Team would leave/die since the very beginning by the order of their Stands. I guess in a way it also hinted at Diavolo taking Trish hostage in Mista's body and maybe what happens to Gold Experience from the effect of the arrow ?
Old 2019-06-29, 18:20   Link #359
Chosen_Hero

^Well, we know that Trish most likely won't die since the mission is to protect her from her father, Bucciaratti is pretty much just a zombie living on way too much borrowed time, Polnareff is a turtle and Mista dies every other episode (man, try explaining any of this to someone that hasn't seen the show before)... So probably Giorno (so far the only Jojo to die at the end of their arc was Jonathan), Trish and maybe Mista (if the number 4 doesn't come back to bite him in the ass or something, I am still waiting for it) will be the ones to be alive by the end.
Old 2019-06-29, 18:30   Link #360
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
And thus ends Doppio. I mean, I still feel like there's a lot of unresolved questions about Doppio and Diavolo, but I guess those are just going to be left unanswered now. I'm not sure how consciously aware of what was going on Doppio was, or the kind of monster he was helping (and secretly was himself), but I almost do feel kind of bad for him fading away without his other self alongside him .
Doppio didn't know the Boss was himself but he was aware he was helping a mafia boss and had no qualms killing people. He may have looked innocent at first glance but he was also a bad guy.