AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2019-06-02, 18:27   Link #321
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
If Polnareff could contact Jotaro, he would have way better prosthetics thanks to the Speedwagon fondation (remember Joseph's hand) and he wouldn't need the help of Bucciarati and his team. It would make far more sense for him to entrust Jotaro with the secret power of the arrow than a bunch of strangers.
Actually, if Polnareff had kept in touch with Jotaro, you'd think he could have met up with Josuke at some point and been completely healed by Crazy Diamond. So... Shame Polnareff evidently didn't keep in touch with Jotaro.
Old 2019-06-04, 01:27   Link #322
Mister Twit

Goddamn Polly aged TERRIBLY. He's supposed to be in his mid-30s?

Meanwhile Jotaro at the beginning of part 5 looked the same he did when he was in high school (although he always looked too old for high school but still)
Mister Twit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-04, 19:10   Link #323
Frontier

I kind of hope Polnareff and Mista meet just so they can relate being the members of their team who are the "normal" ones who usually end up getting the brunt of the pain whenever they encounter an Enemy Stand User .
Old 2019-06-05, 10:51   Link #324
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I kind of hope Polnareff and Mista meet just so they can relate being the members of their team who are the "normal" ones who usually end up getting the brunt of the pain whenever they encounter an Enemy Stand User .
Would that leave Kakyoin in the same category as Abbachio?
Old 2019-06-05, 15:34   Link #325
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Mista never had problems with toilets tho.
Old 2019-06-07, 13:01   Link #326
Frontier

Bruno is basically blind and near death, so now he has to rely on sensing someone's aura .

So Diavolo's whole connection to Dio is that he uncovered the Stand arrowheads that Enyaba ascertained...meaning, overall, he's partially responsible for almost every Stand user in JoJo .

Man, Polnareff and Jotaro looked younger in that flashback sequence then they did in the entirety of Part 3 .

It's great to see Silver Chariot again .

So we finally see Diavolo in full, and boy were they taking a bit of artistic license with what he looked like when they just had him shadows. Like, I thought his hair dramatically receded or something but it turns out he just lets Doppio's hair loose. And has he really been wearing Doppio's clothes the whole time he's been in Boss mode, or does he alternate with proper suits when he feels like it? He looks more like a grunge metal reject then the imposing Mafia Boss he was presented as prior .

I thought things were looking up for Polnareff at the end of Part 3, but in reality he ended up crippled, bloodied, and beaten to death far from his old friends and allies while still clinging to what little hope he had left. He deserved better .

Although what was with that thing at the end? Is that Silver Chariot, upgraded by the Stand arrow after getting hit with it in the eye ?

Judging from that title, it looks like we're finally in the endgame and the final showdown with Diavolo .
Old 2019-06-07, 14:41   Link #327
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Nice. This is the longest night ever. I guess we reached the boss but I don't know how long will be this fight. Still, nice episode. Poor Polnareff got a really sad fate.
Old 2019-06-07, 15:36   Link #328
mark1246

Quote:

So we finally see Diavolo in full, and boy were they taking a bit of artistic license with what he looked like when they just had him shadows. Like, I thought his hair dramatically receded or something but it turns out he just lets Doppio's hair loose. And has he really been wearing Doppio's clothes the whole time he's been in Boss mode, or does he alternate with proper suits when he feels like it? He looks more like a grunge metal reject then the imposing Mafia Boss he was presented as prior .

Yeah there Fanart/ DLC in the JOJO game where Diavolo wear the suit. So yeah what you said is correct, but since hr in Doppio clothes, he only has those clothes.
Old 2019-06-07, 18:56   Link #329
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The way Diavolo was handled was the opposite of Dio's in part 3. Dio was also in the shadows for the majority of part 3, and when he was finally revealed, he looked the same as ever. Diavolo, on the other hand, looks completely different from his silhouette
The scene with Diavolo at the bottom of the stairs and Polnareff at the top was also a nice reversal of Polnareff's first meeting with Dio.

What happened to Polnareff was really sad. Best boy didn't deserve this.
Old 2019-06-07, 21:09   Link #330
Wandering Soul

My boy Polnareff deserved better.
Old 2019-06-08, 15:28   Link #331
alex_drian

Man, this hurts, hurts like hell. Polnareff my friend, you survived a fight with a vampire that could stop time, you didn't deserve this.

And well...he's a adult Doppio.

Come on guys, the only left is Diavolo.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-08, 19:01   Link #332
Frontier

I guess the saddest part is, will Jotaro ever find out about this? Does he even have any idea where Polnareff's been all these years?
Old 2019-06-08, 19:48   Link #333
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
I guess the saddest part is, will Jotaro ever find out about this? Does he even have any idea where Polnareff's been all these years?
I think it's like Araki's excuse to put a way to defeat the boss with the cast in contrast to how the returning characters Jotaro and Joseph were placed in Morioh.
Old 2019-06-13, 19:45   Link #334
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I feel for Polnareff. But at the same time...he died because of his own stupidity. Kind of what I'd expect from the guy who nearly got Jotaro killed because he flung himself into a fight without thinking .

Just call in Jotaro. He could beat this guy. I doubt King Crimson can erase time while trapped within stopped time. Even if he could do something I've got faith that Jotaro would figure a solution. Of course the reason is probably because Araki didn't want Jotaro to defeat a third straight main villain of the series. He made Jotaro so powerful that the only way to let someone else take the spotlight is to keep him out of it. Of course in that sense he probably shouldn't have put Polnareff into this arc at all.

Polnareff went from underestimating his opponent to apparently overestimating him. The only possible reason to staying quiet was that he was so afraid of the reach of the Boss that he thought a phone call or a heavily injured guy trying to leave the country would draw attention. Although he somehow managed to get his wounds treated and stay alive during all this time...so yeah that doesn't make so much sense.

RIP Polnareff. You kind of died because of your own foolishness, but it's still unfortunate.
Old 2019-06-14, 11:30   Link #335
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Polnareff was not stupid. He would have been found out if he had tried to contact Jotaro. Diavolo did a thorough investigation of Polnareff, he no doubt found out about his connection to the Speedwagon Fondation and started keeping tabs on them, being as paranoid as he is. Passione basically controls everything in Italy, it was too dangerous for Polnareff to try reaching out.
Old 2019-06-14, 13:57   Link #336
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

You know, I first thought the comedy was out of place.... until Polnareff was revealed to be somehow alive. Gotta love voice actor's takes to sound like the swapped characters. Also gotta love how the opening changed but I think the song doesn't work that way in contrast to the last opening of Diamond is Unbreakable.
Old 2019-06-14, 18:52   Link #337
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The skipped time being shown in the OP now that Diavolo has been revealed was totally expected, so I didn't really think much of it. I just wish the OP had Diavolo wearing the suit we never got to see him wear in the series proper.

The voice actors did a good job impersonating each other, although I think Mista's exaggerated quite a bit.
Old 2019-06-14, 23:19   Link #338
Frontier

Ah, the classic JoJo last-minute change to the final Opening! Those are always a treat. And it was pretty cool watching Diavolo in all his glory use King Crimson to interrupt the Opening and get behind Giorno, and it reminded me a lot of what they did after the reveal of DIO and The World. Also made me even more hyped for Giorno vs. Diavolo .

Body-switching? Can't say I saw that one coming. It was pretty funny watching the VA's get to play the members of the Team in each other's bodies .

Of course Mista ends up in Trish's body and then ends up fondling her body. I mean, he wasn't being a pervert about it, but he was still a dude in a woman's body. Also not sure if putting the gun through her skirt works the same way .

Yeah, I guess it's probably been a while since Mista last had a shower .

So it seems that not only did they body-swap but everyone's Stands are more powerful now. Is that the arrow or Chariot Requiem? I'd have to imagine it might give them the edge against King Crimson, but King Crimson is probably even more powerful now .

I hope the gang is able to resolve this matter before that criminal assaulted that female officer escapes in the policeman's body. Although I guess once everything is back to normal he'll still be handcuffed in the back of the squad car anyways .

Polnareff lives on...as a turtle. Y'know, I think in some ways that's fitting .

We know the arrow piercing another Stand user again can give them more power, just look at Kira when he unlocked Bites the Dust, but apparently a Stand can unlock even more power if it pierces itself with the arrow. But exactly what is going on? Why is Silver Chariot as Chariot Requeim causing all these body swaps? Is it sentient now that it's walking along while Polnareff is dead? So many questions .

So Bruno is now in Diavolo's body, which means Diavolo is in Bruno's body as the team originally suspected. I guess it might actually be useful for the gang that their biggest threat is now in a decaying, dying, body but somehow I don't think it's going to be that easy .
Old 2019-06-15, 03:30   Link #339
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
I love how Polnareff-Turtle still have vestigial face features of Polnareff.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-15, 06:54   Link #340
Vegard Aune

I am so glad they didn't take the lazy route with the body swaps; So many shows will just have them swap voices at the same time to make it easier to tell who's who, but no, here we get Mista's VA imitating Trish's mannerisms and speech patterns, and vice versa. And it's done really well, too. Not only do they use different words, as Giorno would never be even half as foul-mouthed as Narancia, but they even manage to imitate the tone the other character speaks in. I don't think we have ever heard Mista quite as soft-spoken as "he" was when Trish woke up in his body, for instance. This also does a good job of preserving the confusion the group would have been feeling, as it isn't immediately obvious as soon as Narancia and Mista wake up that a body-swap has even taken place.