AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > KanColle

Notices

Old 2019-05-25, 04:01   Link #22021
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Considering that KC has been going with a system for one artist per ship class for years now (after their shenanigans in the early days), why wouldn't Fletcher be drawn by Zeco, aka the same artist who drew Johnston?
Moreover it had been stated in various sources, like interviews or official twitter, that ZECO have drawn several Fletcher-class DD already. Perhaps a few events worth of them.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-25, 06:11   Link #22022
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
She's got thighs and armpits.

Also a special attack like Nelson, Mutsu, and Nagato.
I wasn't even talking about her ches, but her height. Not that the actual Colorado was long to begin with Still she is just 5.5 heads tall, meaning that there are CLs that are just as tall as she is

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-25, 08:40   Link #22023
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Most of the Japanese heavy cruisers are longer than the Colorado-class. All of their battleships are longer due to the Americans using a Standardized design style with four turrets and the "all or nothing" armor scheme. That and American battleships were not designed to be fast, but to make a line in the sea and dare you to cross it. And also range.
Old 2019-05-26, 06:44   Link #22024
AC-Phoenix
Detective

How the heck do people pass E3H Node J? I'm already thinking about going 2-S-H-I-L-P-(o)-R, because it's that hard to pass even with AS.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2019-05-26, 06:45   Link #22025
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
E2P2H gave me cancer. To think some guys were saying he was having it easy with Hyuuga + 5DD. I tried all kind of compos, vanilla Ten-go, Ten-go with Yamato and no Yahagi, Hyuuga with Yahagi and 4 DD, etc... In the end I brute forced it with Suzutsuki, Yamato, Hyuuga, Yamashiro and 2 CVL. Then switched 1 CVL with Italia in the final run.

71 total. 10 for part 1. 2 to unlock the path. So if I take away the 11 LD. That makes 48 sorties watching my fleet go splat against a fcking So-class or Air raid or that fucking Ru Wall or KEKEKEKEKEKE Ri-class before the Ru-wall

Old 2019-05-26, 08:28   Link #22026
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
E2P2H gave me cancer. To think some guys were saying he was having it easy with Hyuuga + 5DD. I tried all kind of compos, vanilla Ten-go, Ten-go with Yamato and no Yahagi, Hyuuga with Yahagi and 4 DD, etc... In the end I brute forced it with Suzutsuki, Yamato, Hyuuga, Yamashiro and 2 CVL. Then switched 1 CVL with Italia in the final run.

71 total. 10 for part 1. 2 to unlock the path. So if I take away the 11 LD. That makes 48 sorties watching my fleet go splat against a fcking So-class or Air raid or that fucking Ru Wall or KEKEKEKEKEKE Ri-class before the Ru-wall

I went down to medium after just 1 run, because the second part was that much cancer. Sadly E3H Part two isn't any better.

In 2/3 cases node J needs more fighter power than an air node just to get AS, and CTFs seem to be particularly bad on this map for some reason.

Edit: Oh and in case someone wonders whats up with this shitty event: Please note the hole in the Ocean on E5 - a proof that Tanaka divided by zero
E2: Went down to medium. I've seen the boss exactly twice and while I bet the Reppu K2 won't be available through normal gameplay (again), not getting past the second node, and thus loosing tons of shipgirl morale each time, doesn't help me kill the boss either.

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2019-05-26 at 09:16.
Old 2019-05-26, 09:59   Link #22027
Azurial

E-2Hp2 god damn air raid is cancer so does RU wall dunno if my 400 Bucket will get me through atleast E-3H XD if i can make it out of E-2
Azurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-26, 10:01   Link #22028
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurial View Post
E-2Hp2 god damn air raid is cancer so does RU wall dunno if my 400 Bucket will get me through atleast E-3H XD if i can make it out of E-2
Honestly, if you have that many buckets, you might want to think about doing E3 on medium, unless you prefer the plane over reduced chances to get Fletcher.
The second Node (J) is pure cancer not only in it's compositions but also in the fact that you take high morale damage when failing due to it being the second node.
It's AS requirements are higher than that of Node I and P which are air nodes.

Old 2019-05-26, 14:13   Link #22029
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Finally beaten E3, had tp drop from hard to normal. For now I should probably wait a bit to get more info on E4 before going forward.

I would be more worried about my fleets if there wasn't that much comment about this event's difficulty. Still I might have to look back at some of the choice I made.
Old 2019-05-26, 14:50   Link #22030
usspaul

e2p2 was a damn nightmare too i ended up beating it with using a ten go fleet with yamato and yahagi but i was brutal in every way. E3 part2 so far is shaping up to be annoying too. i finally unlocked the second starting point so now i have to find a good composition for that. i think those new reppu planes are worth it lol
Old 2019-05-26, 16:08   Link #22031
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by usspaul View Post
e2p2 was a damn nightmare too i ended up beating it with using a ten go fleet with yamato and yahagi but i was brutal in every way. E3 part2 so far is shaping up to be annoying too. i finally unlocked the second starting point so now i have to find a good composition for that. i think those new reppu planes are worth it lol
Good luck with that while remaining on hard diff.

Old 2019-05-26, 17:01   Link #22032
Kakurin
大佐

Somewhat, uh, glad to see that I'm not the only one struggling mightily on E2 HP gauge. Already wondered if I'm doing something very wrong...
Old 2019-05-26, 17:22   Link #22033
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

One of the thing than made me feel dumb since the start of this event, after all the trouble E2 second part gave me once I drop from hard to normal it took me only 6 run to beat it.

One of the thing than worry me is the Hough than I might be screwing myself by not getting those exclusive equipment rewarded either for ranking or hard difficulty.
Old 2019-05-26, 17:51   Link #22034
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
One of the thing than made me feel dumb since the start of this event, after all the trouble E2 second part gave me once I drop from hard to normal it took me only 6 run to beat it.

One of the thing than worry me is the Hough than I might be screwing myself by not getting those exclusive equipment rewarded either for ranking or hard difficulty.
Pretty much a problem I've been pointing out for a while: Each event hard mode gets exclusive items which cannot be obtained through normal gameplay.
Yet when hard mode maps are created those items are considered when adjusting the difficulty, making it even harder to get the next event's hard mode exclusive items.

I already know that I'll rue having forsakened the Reppuk2, and I'll probably have to do the same with the special CarDiv1 night plane, leaving me with ONE Akagi night plane.

Just check out the formations on e3H Node J, and compare them to the AirNodes...

Sadly, the only neglectable plane in this event is the e2 LBA

Edit: Wait is this a bug in KC3 or does Iowa actually still get a fit bonus penalty from her guns?And Nelson... Doesn't get the same penalty from Iowa's guns?

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2019-05-26 at 18:19.
Old 2019-05-26, 20:27   Link #22035
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakurin View Post
Somewhat, uh, glad to see that I'm not the only one struggling mightily on E2 HP gauge. Already wondered if I'm doing something very wrong...
Experiences really varies from players. One have better passing rates with Ten-Go, while some others resorted to brute force. And himeuta community making their runs looking disgustingly easy certainly dont help, guys sometimes you get really lucky, word your advices better while taking that into account for fuck's sake

On a brighter side, the event went from a 3 weeks duration to being extended to 4 weeks. Guess the players were calling them out on the E2 bullshit.
Old 2019-05-26, 22:11   Link #22036
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Experiences really varies from players. One have better passing rates with Ten-Go, while some others resorted to brute force. And himeuta community making their runs looking disgustingly easy certainly dont help, guys sometimes you get really lucky, word your advices better while taking that into account for fuck's sake

On a brighter side, the event went from a 3 weeks duration to being extended to 4 weeks. Guess the players were calling them out on the E2 bullshit.
Also E3, it's only getting worse.
E3 Phase two is basically:

mild troll sub node --> either 359 or 519 or 557 fighter power to get AS (i.E in 2 out of 3 cases you need over 500 FP to get AS) --> Go through air node which is substantially weaker than that --> Either: Ru wall --> Boss OR --> Boss

Note that in the second case you are using a CTF, which does shit damage against the boss, as will your BBs because you need to make them fast.

Old 2019-05-26, 23:23   Link #22037
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Yet when hard mode maps are created those items are considered when adjusting the difficulty, making it even harder to get the next event's hard mode exclusive items.
As usual you are completely overestimating the worth of that equipment. Those special equipment won't do you any good against those RNG fests. The only thing that can truly make a difference is loads of slot expansion + megami.
Old 2019-05-27, 03:45   Link #22038
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
As usual you are completely overestimating the worth of that equipment. Those special equipment won't do you any good against those RNG fests. The only thing that can truly make a difference is loads of slot expansion + megami.
13 AA Planes certainly don't lower your chances, when a second node wants you to have 500 AS+, while also asking you for a fleet that can still kill the boss.

I'll bring the example of Ark's special planes again. Not only are they still impossible to obtain via akashi, they are also the only night attackers other than the TBF. Night attackers with double the stats her regular planes have btw. Needless to say that they can deal devastating damage too, again something that will certainly not hinder your chances of beating a boss or making it there in the first place.

I'm still fell like an idiot for not getting them back then, the fact that they looked so utterly useless for a hard reward should have given me a hint.

And while that may be my own fault, the same can't be said for players who joined after they got released.
It's the same for Akagi's new planes, having them will certainly help you a lot while not having them will suck greatly when there are nodes as described above.

Another nice example is Nelsons gun which gives her an AACI, just by combining it with either a pom-pom or the UP-Rockets.
The SK+SG is annoying not to have with all the LoS requirements, but still bearable.

RNG can always hit you, I'm talking about the power creep though. Point is that sometimes equipment can be the difference between finishing something on hard mode, and banging your head against it a whole week. my first event comes to mind here where the only thing separating me from Katori was literally an AP shell. - and that was something that could be fixed, exclusive stuff can't be.

This time, we are talking about what is basically another Zuikaku plane.

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2019-05-27 at 04:00.
Old 2019-05-27, 11:33   Link #22039
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
RNG can always hit you, I'm talking about the power creep though. Point is that sometimes equipment can be the difference between finishing something on hard mode, and banging your head against it a whole week. my first event comes to mind here where the only thing separating me from Katori was literally an AP shell. - and that was something that could be fixed, exclusive stuff can't be.
That's a terrible analogy to make. What you are equalling right here would be akin to somebody taking on the air nodes at E2 without a AACI capable HA gun... A better comparison would be the difference between a Type 91 and a Type 1 AP shell... which doesn't really do any significant difference at all.

And the difference in air power offered between a plane with 13 AA and one with 10 AA, equipped on the biggest slot available to a CVL (the 28-slot of Ryuujou Kai Ni) is 16 points. It is helpful (but then again, if you actually read what I wrote you would have seen that I have never said anything contrary) but it is neither game-changing nor a significant difference-maker in terms of the RNG rolls (heck, not even the difference between having 0 airpower with a CVL-less E2 fleet and nearly 300 with a fighter mule CVL consistently gives you a significant edge).

There is no power creep due to special equipment and they don't "help a lot" like you time and again try to suggest. In recent events I've kept close tabs on the fleet and equipment compositions of JP early-clearers / RTA. And I can tell you, only a minority has special equipment (but nearly everybody has max-upgraded "regular" equipment). But I can tell you, the vast majority runs around with a big complement of slot-expanded kanmusu.
Old 2019-05-27, 12:17   Link #22040
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
That's a terrible analogy to make. What you are equalling right here would be akin to somebody taking on the air nodes at E2 without a AACI capable HA gun... A better comparison would be the difference between a Type 91 and a Type 1 AP shell... which doesn't really do any significant difference at all.

And the difference in air power offered between a plane with 13 AA and one with 10 AA, equipped on the biggest slot available to a CVL (the 28-slot of Ryuujou Kai Ni) is 16 points. It is helpful (but then again, if you actually read what I wrote you would have seen that I have never said anything contrary) but it is neither game-changing nor a significant difference-maker in terms of the RNG rolls (heck, not even the difference between having 0 airpower with a CVL-less E2 fleet and nearly 300 with a fighter mule CVL consistently gives you a significant edge).

There is no power creep due to special equipment and they don't "help a lot" like you time and again try to suggest. In recent events I've kept close tabs on the fleet and equipment compositions of JP early-clearers / RTA. And I can tell you, only a minority has special equipment (but nearly everybody has max-upgraded "regular" equipment). But I can tell you, the vast majority runs around with a big complement of slot-expanded kanmusu.
While it's a legit way of tracking such things there is another factor which probably remains in the dark: How much money they spend on resources of any kind, excluding expansion slots.
Also Equipment like the night fighters and the SG+SK are unlikely to not get used by those who have it.

In akagi's case it might even determine how useful her K2E actually is:

K2: 21/21/32/12/4
K2E: 16/16/40/4/2

Even if you use 1 Slot for the night personnel, Akagi K2 still has more planes than her K2E

So yes the equipment might actually make a difference here, especially considering the current role of surviving night planes.

Edit: Since I can't fiund a good separate farming fleet for E4 Casual i'll hereby give up on Fletcher. S rank only is just BS

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2019-05-27 at 19:52.

Tags
browser game, dmm, ship girls