AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2019-03-29, 19:02   Link #541
Ka-el

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksider555 View Post
Have Ingvild gain the Spectral/Spectre Dragon as a familliar.

What kind of women would you like to see Ise take as his servants? Looks, backround and powers? I want a Egyptian woman & a Youkai or a Japanese member of the Five families.

Ise's peerage is too Christian based.

Ingvild- Leviathan half-Devil with a Longinus

Ravel- Pureblood Devil

Asia- former Holy nun turned Devil

Xenovia- former Vatican swordswoman turned Devil

Rossweisse- former Valkyrie turned Devil

With the exception of Rossweisse, all of Ise's servants have come from the Christian side. Which is why I want some girls from other myths to spice it up and also world build.
Well I think that you should consider even his harem when you think about mythology, considering that he has already three youkais (probably 4) in his harem, I would leave alone japanese mythology. Egyptian is indeed an interesting possibility, but also Greek mythology is full of creatures that could be used.
Ka-el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-29, 19:08   Link #542
Darksider555
Bringer of Darkness

Greek does sound interesting but what other myths haven't we explored? But do you have any specific character designs in mind? I already have previously posted my ideas here. I can link them if you are interested?
Darksider555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-29, 22:39   Link #543
Palmito

Knowing how much female elf characters are used in ecchi Anime/Manga/LN, it surprises me that Issei still has none in his harem.

The author could have used volume 25 (RG against Vidar) to introduce an elf girl from Alfheim. She could have been a pure elf (or perhaps a half-goddess daughter of a norse god) who wields a legendary weapon (bow).

I can see the author creating a situation like:

Vidar: "Sorry about the whole situation with Rossweisse. As an apology, would you like to have this girl as your servant?"

It would also be interesting to have someone from Mount Olympus (preferably a lancer to occupy the position of second knight).
Palmito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-30, 01:58   Link #544
Lucidrago

Quote:

What kind of women would you like to see Ise take as his servants? Looks, backround and powers? I want a Egyptian woman & a Youkai or a Japanese member of the Five families.

Ravel- Pureblood Devil

With the exception of Rossweisse, all of Ise's servants have come from the Christian side. Which is why I want some girls from other myths to spice it up and also world build.
We have enough Youkai in the series. And Rias and Sona already have Akeno and Tsubaki who come from the Himejima and Shinra clans respectively.

Maybe an Egyptian priestess who has become obsessed with Issei since he defeated Apophis. Or an Egyptian Sacred Gear user who travels around Egypt researching Egyptian ruins and pyramids. And also researches Egyptian mythological creatures with her main focus being Apophis.

It seems like we have our full share of beings from Norse mythology.

What about a Rakshasi? We really haven't had any beings from Hindu mythology being introduced so that would be a nice place to start.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-30, 07:16   Link #545
TheWu8128
Hero In Training

Quote:

Ravel- Pureblood Devil

Demigod from Greece as his Rook, Egyptian or Celtic with a spear for Knight, still think he gets 3 pawns 1 youkai, 1 vampire, and 1 magic user which could be a elf with eleven magic, I'm surprised we haven't been introduced to any elfs yet that pretty standard in a harem. Yeah would like to see him travel around the world thats the only way to find them unless they come to him which has been the case. Also sense Grim Reapers count as Greek I guess he could get one of them maybe some female one turns against Hades?
TheWu8128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-30, 08:43   Link #546
Ka-el

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWu8128 View Post
Demigod from Greece as his Rook, Egyptian or Celtic with a spear for Knight, still think he gets 3 pawns 1 youkai, 1 vampire, and 1 magic user which could be a elf with eleven magic, I'm surprised we haven't been introduced to any elfs yet that pretty standard in a harem. Yeah would like to see him travel around the world thats the only way to find them unless they come to him which has been the case. Also sense Grim Reapers count as Greek I guess he could get one of them maybe some female one turns against Hades?
I think that if Issei will ever get a grim reaper then will be Bennia, but as a harem member, not peerage.

Anyway if Issei master GR power soon the amount of powerful pawn he will be able to obtain will increase. If I were Issei I would first awaken GR power and combine it with Ophis power, so I could reincarnate more powerful pawns with a minimal cost.
Ka-el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-30, 08:52   Link #547
Lucidrago

What about a knight who focuses on long-range attacks and speed? Like a knight with a bow and arrow or some kind of gun.

@Darksider Well if you didn't realize, the Christian mythology is what High School DxD is largely centered around so that makes a lot of sense for his peerage to have people associated with Christianity like devils or those from the Christian Church or Sacred Gear users.

Female Grim Reaper turning against Hades would just be another Bennia.
Old 2019-03-30, 09:32   Link #548
Lex79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmito View Post
Knowing how much female elf characters are used in ecchi Anime/Manga/LN, it surprises me that Issei still has none in his harem.

The author could have used volume 25 (RG against Vidar) to introduce an elf girl from Alfheim. She could have been a pure elf (or perhaps a half-goddess daughter of a norse god) who wields a legendary weapon (bow).

I can see the author creating a situation like:

Vidar: "Sorry about the whole situation with Rossweisse. As an apology, would you like to have this girl as your servant?"

It would also be interesting to have someone from Mount Olympus (preferably a lancer to occupy the position of second knight).
To tell the truth, I'm actually glad for that. We have so many elves in isekai series that I really don't feel the need for one in DxD.
Old 2019-03-30, 16:19   Link #549
thefreakmike

I say lets get an amazon!
Old 2019-03-31, 01:30   Link #550
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefreakmike View Post
I say lets get an amazon!
Death by Snu Snu!
Old 2019-03-31, 03:58   Link #551
OmegaWeaponZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
What about a knight who focuses on long-range attacks and speed? Like a knight with a bow and arrow or some kind of gun.
How about a Bishoujo that wields Failnaught, named Isolde?

Rather than a knight, I could also see her as a possible rook, making use of the rook's trait to make a more defensive/support unit. A sniper wouldn't look for speed after all, and it would basically cover the weakness of one who prefers to stay away from the frontline (via the endurance of the rook), with the additional strength being a bonus(this ain't a RPG where more strength on an archer makes them hit harder ).

I would actually like to see someone from the Hindu faction joining his peerage. Perhaps a Yaksini, Naga, Garuda(may overlap with Ravel on this one) or Apsaris?
The Greeks would also have the Fury, Empusa and such which could also join.

By the way, besides Tiamat, has any other Babylonian members been mentioned? I always figured that some of the more older religions were counted among the 72 pillars, since that what they were actually (Religion tends to demonify other religions. Belial and Amun are good examples of this).

Edit: A knight using Asi (from Hindu mythology) also sounds like a good option. Especially when you consider what Asi is, and what it is made of.

Last edited by OmegaWeaponZ; 2019-03-31 at 04:42.
OmegaWeaponZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-31, 07:16   Link #552
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaWeaponZ View Post
How about a Bishoujo that wields Failnaught, named Isolde?

Rather than a knight, I could also see her as a possible rook, making use of the rook's trait to make a more defensive/support unit. A sniper wouldn't look for speed after all, and it would basically cover the weakness of one who prefers to stay away from the frontline (via the endurance of the rook), with the additional strength being a bonus(this ain't a RPG where more strength on an archer makes them hit harder ).

I would actually like to see someone from the Hindu faction joining his peerage. Perhaps a Yaksini, Naga, Garuda(may overlap with Ravel on this one) or Apsaris?

By the way, besides Tiamat, has any other Babylonian members been mentioned? I always figured that some of the more older religions were counted among the 72 pillars, since that what they were actually (Religion tends to demonify other religions. Belial and Amun are good examples of this).

Edit: A knight using Asi (from Hindu mythology) also sounds like a good option. Especially when you consider what Asi is, and what it is made of.
Why would a sniper need defense considering they stay far away from the frontline?

Snipers are very tactical and Can provide fire support. But the thing about a sniper is being long-distance. And speed would clearly help them move to a different position to prevent their opponent from getting a grasp of their position.

Snipers are very likely to be in a hidden and concealed position. And moving to a new position after every few shots. They won't be taking opponents head on.

Well offensive and defensive power are very important things, they aren't the most vital things for a sniper.
Old 2019-03-31, 08:56   Link #553
Darksider555
Bringer of Darkness

Quote:

@Darksider Well if you didn't realize, the Christian mythology is what High School DxD is largely centered around so that makes a lot of sense for his peerage to have people associated with Christianity like devils or those from the Christian Church or Sacred Gear users.
I'm aware of that but I thought that Ise having a more diverse peerage as he is the pillar of the Alliance would be a good idea. With now at least 4 of his members being from the Christian myth, the rest should be from other myths.
Darksider555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-31, 08:58   Link #554
OmegaWeaponZ

Quote:
Why would a sniper need defense considering they stay far away from the frontline?

Snipers are very tactical and Can provide fire support. But the thing about a sniper is being long-distance. And speed would clearly help them move to a different position to prevent their opponent from getting a grasp of their position.

Snipers are very likely to be in a hidden and concealed position. And moving to a new position after every few shots. They won't be taking opponents head on.

Well offensive and defensive power are very important things, they aren't the most vital things for a sniper.
Exactly as you put it, snipers are more likely to stay in one place, waiting for the right time to take their shot. If they were to be sneaked up on or confronted in close quarters while waiting for their shot, I would think endurance would be better.

If they were to only make use of their speed for relocation, I would think it would be more wasted and better used by a servant that would make use of it constantly. The passive endurance boost will always be active, and would also not require some action to be taken for its trait to come into effect. (in the case of surprise attacks).

The only case in which the speed trait would be better than the endurance would be if the sniper would focused on high speed barrages, but then at that point they're more like a mid range unit than a pure sniper.

Agreed though, offense or defense, in the sense of what the evil piece traits bestow, aren't that beneficial to a sniper.

Edit: Actually, this brings up the question, has it been mentioned whether Evil Piece Traits can fortify mental aspects, and not just Physical/Magical ones? Making use of the knights speed trait to improve mental cognition speed, or a rooks strengthening to improve strengthen concentration and focus seems like it could yield many benefits.

Last edited by OmegaWeaponZ; 2019-03-31 at 09:25.
OmegaWeaponZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-31, 09:32   Link #555
Lex79

I have to agree with Lucidrago on this, if a sniper gets engaged in close combat he failed at his job and more endurance isn't going to help that much. Better mobility tu run and hide or better attack power in order to maximize the damage of the shots you land are more sensible choices for the role.
Old 2019-03-31, 10:45   Link #556
OmegaWeaponZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
I have to agree with Lucidrago on this, if a sniper gets engaged in close combat he failed at his job and more endurance isn't going to help that much. Better mobility tu run and hide or better attack power in order to maximize the damage of the shots you land are more sensible choices for the role.
A valid point, to be sure. But this is in a world where magic is means of battle, meaning no matter how careful a sniper may be, an aoe spell or warp technique could easily take them off guard.

Which is why I would prefer a rook piece, since the trait is not reactive,since you would have to consciously evade to see the effects of the trait of a knight, whereas a rooks effect is passive, always giving the benefit. Whats more, it frees the piece up for a more mobile oriented unit that would better make use of the knight traits.
Old 2019-03-31, 11:06   Link #557
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
Higher attack power won’t increase the strength of a shot
Old 2019-03-31, 15:08   Link #558
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Higher attack power won’t increase the strength of a shot
Depends on what they're using. If they're using a rifle that's like Pumpkin from Akame ga Kill then the offensive power of the shot could be increased due to the enhanced offensive power of a rook. Or a rifle that uses a person's magic or demonic power as ammo.

I want a knight who has a variety of firearms and long and mid-range weapons who is an expert at wielding all of them. Like weapons specifically made to combat supernatural entities. And who has a Sacred Gear that allows her to conceal her presence entirely and the presence of others.
Old 2019-03-31, 15:52   Link #559
TheWu8128
Hero In Training

Quote:
Depends on what they're using. If they're using a rifle that's like Pumpkin from Akame ga Kill then the offensive power of the shot could be increased due to the enhanced offensive power of a rook. Or a rifle that uses a person's magic or demonic power as ammo.

I want a knight who has a variety of firearms and long and mid-range weapons who is an expert at wielding all of them. Like weapons specifically made to combat supernatural entities. And who has a Sacred Gear that allows her to conceal her presence entirely and the presence of others.
Why would they be a Knight? I don't see how them being a Knight would benefit someone who uses firearms to fight. Do they fire magic, do they fight with anything besides firearms, if they fight from a distance they wouldn't be taking advantage of the Knight piece. I also disagree about the sniper can they actually fight in close-combat as well? Because who said the sniper has to be a one-trick pony maybe they have ability to fight up close as well a Rook piece could benefit that.

@cyberdemon Disagree whats being shot, what kind of weapon is it? Is it magic, energy, etc. is the weapon firing the shot a special weapon?

Last edited by TheWu8128; 2019-03-31 at 16:10.
TheWu8128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-03, 05:35   Link #560
TommyG

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaWeaponZ View Post

Though Yaksini based on physical description seem to fit Issei's criteria better, I think a Naga would be great, there was a Naga king in the mythology called Paravataksha who wielded a sword than when struck the ground caused earthquakes and when his opponents looked into his eyes would go blind or heared his roar would go deaf. So a Naga who wielded the sword would be cool also considering the abilities the king had she wouldn't nessicary have to be the fastest knight. Obviously she would need to he fast as she's a knight but one thing I expected from Issei's new servants is that they'd surpass Rias' servants since she's an Ultimate class king while he's a heavenly dragon class king, however since Kiba can move as fast as pusedo DxD than she'd have to be at least that fast to in my opinion but with her abilities to blind her opponents for meeting her gaze (would be temporary in this case) and to deafen then too (again temporary) it would he hard to fight against her also the sword I'd change slightly so that it created shock waves when it came into contact with something (since the damage from by earthquakes comes from the shock waves it causes) this would make her hard to face because even if she was playing defensively by blocking, her opponent would still take force from shock waves each time their swords clashed.

As far as a Greek character goes, I think they should be a demigod since in Greek mythology many of the most significant mortals are the children/grandchildren of the gods. It seems likely to me that the gods would still do that in DxD.
TommyG is offline   Reply With Quote