AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2019-01-26, 15:59   Link #1341
lexlexz

so many jobs and i cant understand none of then....
the one iam most curiou about is the bakunawa one
lexlexz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-31, 18:59   Link #1342
lexlexz

in the extra, it says that his skill god literally means that he is a god? and he didn't notice that?
Old 2019-02-01, 19:55   Link #1343
Trov
Holy cack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexlexz View Post
in the extra, it says that his skill god literally means that he is a god? and he didn't notice that?
Spoiler for f:
Trov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-07, 03:25   Link #1344
cboy123
I was a stalker

I will be angry if everyone in lambda just go to the peaceful route.. i mean... Heinz is the trigger why currently, the world of Lambda moves... If he didn't captured Darcia, Van would go to a peaceful route and no heavy Vida stuff. I want Van to eat his soul and break Bellwood's soul
cboy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-07, 05:16   Link #1345
tsunade666

Heinz might be annoying but his not the source of all trouble. it's Vida. Heinz isn't the only one that captured Darcia. also that dead priest of arda is there. he even tortured burn darcia before killing her.

Heinz might be annoying and all but at least his feeling remorse and with Botin and Peria in Vida camp. talks are possible.

the one impossible to talk with is Arda and Dumbcorte. especially Dumbcorte. his the same as Dumbles the amazing dumbleDoor to me. they can't see their fault. I'm fine hem being lunch and dinner for Van. with breakfast for the indelusison braver in origin world. the one who think his scheming things but in truth, the others are aware or talking measure against him.
Old 2019-02-14, 15:36   Link #1346
lexlexz

news of origen armagedom incoming!
Old 2019-02-14, 19:30   Link #1347
tsunade666

That's true. In the latest chapter is about origin with avalon playing around in trying to achieve death magic. They even made clones of the other original users to experiment but it all leads to failure or partial success but far from success.
Old 2019-03-10, 01:09   Link #1348
tsunade666

new chapter.

new guardian is born.

princess guardian zadiris! with princess guidance as skills.
Old 2019-03-10, 15:34   Link #1349
Garn

Well, already I don't expect much from this novel, everything interesting has been lost quickly as well as the enemies and everything falls into the silly comedy about food or idol, intensifying with an eternal shota protagonist along with an unnecessary and useless harem.
Garn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-14, 09:12   Link #1350
lexlexz

he is not shota anymore he is adolecent its just that to many things happen to mc like since day 0 of his life
Old 2019-03-14, 13:44   Link #1351
Garn

I think that was the biggest problem, put many consecutive events and not allow for the development of the characters or take a breath, almost all were presented and put aside until the next event in which they were only named as school list, this happening mostly with the pseudo harem.
Old 2019-03-16, 17:11   Link #1352
Narberal
King of the Night

what is Van's age now
Narberal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-16, 22:12   Link #1353
tsunade666

10 going to 11 if I remember it right, The age to enter the adventurer school is 10, I think, though I still can't understand his fixation on going to become an adventurer if his already a successful tamer and businessman,
Old 2019-03-17, 02:12   Link #1354
kari-no-sugata II

Van's been 12 for some time. The last arc covered about 6 months in-world and Van turned 12 part-way through the previous arc.

By the time he starts going to adventurer school in the spring he'll be about 12 years and 6 months.

On the Japanese response thread on syosetu.com there's lots of comments and the author responds a lot, which is nice. Sometimes he says some rather interesting things. For example, in the original plan Kanako wasn't going to go to Van's side but at some point (perhaps while planning the 6th arc?) he changed his mind that it would be strange for Kanako to not betray Murakami. I think that was a good change as Kanako is a very interesting character and overall I'd say this series focuses on the society side of things much more than many series and Kanako adds to that nicely. This series is a long way from your traditional shounen battle series.

Another event that wasn't in the original plan was Zadiris becoming a Guider. As he commented recently, "the curse of the princess was stronger than I had expected". This is actually something that had been going on in the comments section for a long time - many readers thought it was reasonable for Zadiris to become a Guider given how hard she was encouraging others to go down the princess / magical girl path.

I know it would be to everyone's taste but I love it. I'd say that one of the weaknesses of this series is that the secondary characters don't get a lot of development but Zadiris's fight against the "curse of the princess" has been quite fun and made her a lot more interesting. I wonder what Van's personal feelings towards her are. I think he's been somewhat attracted to her for a long time and he often uses the word "cute" to refer to her, unlike the other characters. He didn't seem to have much reluctance to marry Zadiris except he feels that it's a bit too early for him (and he wants to focus on the threat of Heinz/Bellwood for now).

Last edited by kari-no-sugata II; 2019-03-17 at 02:49.
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-17, 14:35   Link #1355
Garn

This novel does not have many combats, mostly they are from Van, when it is from others it is shown quickly and with quick ends.

Kanako's thing, along with the duo, was interesting at first, but the change she had in wanting to create an "Idol Reverse Harem " fanatically and that the propagation of this thing was instantaneous is annoying, a more gradual development would have been more funny, aside her pov is only the interaction with those who are in some way related to the idols and nothing else.

That was the problem, Zadiris is the only real recurrent, the others go unnoticed and when they have dialogue about 50% will be the idols or MS.

Last edited by Garn; 2019-03-18 at 20:45.
Old 2019-03-17, 17:11   Link #1356
Chaserjacksaw
Outer God of Insomnia

Location: ..what is here?...W where is this?!?.... Who Em I!!!???~
Perhaps the Author just simply like Zadiris?.....thinking back on it isnt She the who have most thing going?
Van save her on their first meeting
Van react on her naked body that time(i dont remember if he reacted to the other girls)
She became his teacher.
She became his student.
They are mistaken to have sex(age reversal)
They mistaken to be couple.
Van felt complicted/gloomy knowing she give birth already(A.K.A she is taken already).
She actually pretty much inlove on him.
She wanted to be his slave/tame monster at one point.
She felt complicted on her old age yet she have a maiden like feeling sprouting within her.
She is pretty much his advisor at the start.
And many more up until now.

Maybe the author really fancy her but have no actual huge plot or major role in the story.
Chaserjacksaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-17, 23:40   Link #1357
tsunade666

new chapter is about buying a hunted mansion.

so his 12 already? I thought his 10 because basdia? or is some another ghoul woman is asking for his gold already. they want to do it faster because tiamat already had a child and Van said to wait for 10 years but he thought it would be 10 years after he become an adult and not 10 years old. but I'm not 100% accurate. Google sensei isn't accurate.
Old 2019-03-18, 08:21   Link #1358
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garn View Post
Kanako's thing, along with the duo, was interesting at first, but the change she had in wanting to create an "Idol Reverse Harem " fanatically and that the propagation of this thing was instantaneous is annoying, a more gradual development would have been more funny, aside her pov is only the interaction with those who are in some way related to the idols and nothing else.
When did Kanako ever want to create an "Idol Reverse Harem"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
new chapter is about buying a hunted mansion.
More horror themed fun. Heh. And cat-girl Natanya is scared of ghosts, surprisingly.

Quote:
so his 12 already? I thought his 10 because basdia? or is some another ghoul woman is asking for his gold already. they want to do it faster because tiamat already had a child and Van said to wait for 10 years but he thought it would be 10 years after he become an adult and not 10 years old. but I'm not 100% accurate. Google sensei isn't accurate.
Van said to "wait about 10 years" when he was 2. So it's basically been 10 years since then, so it's about time. Van regrets not saying "wait until I'm an adult"
Old 2019-03-18, 20:44   Link #1359
Garn

^I put that because every woman who crosses Kanako is a woman who ended up being an idol(+MS) and only talking about it, mostly the pseudo harem of Van.

As far as I remember Van said 10 years when he was between 9 or more years. (probably in the last 2 completed arcs).
Old 2019-03-20, 05:34   Link #1360
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaserjacksaw View Post
Perhaps the Author just simply like Zadiris?.....thinking back on it isnt She the who have most thing going?
Van save her on their first meeting
Van react on her naked body that time(i dont remember if he reacted to the other girls)
She became his teacher.
She became his student.
They are mistaken to have sex(age reversal)
They mistaken to be couple.
Van felt complicted/gloomy knowing she give birth already(A.K.A she is taken already).
She actually pretty much inlove on him.
She wanted to be his slave/tame monster at one point.
She felt complicted on her old age yet she have a maiden like feeling sprouting within her.
She is pretty much his advisor at the start.
And many more up until now.

Maybe the author really fancy her but have no actual huge plot or major role in the story.
In her intro, it was said that Zadiris was easily pretty enough to be an idol on Earth and could likely have been Van's first love if he'd have been older.

In the LN version, Zadiris's intro is a bit longer and we get a bit more detail. It's also mentioned that the other ghouls somewhat treat her like a mascot character - ie she gets some respect but not quite so much as she deserves. I've sometimes wondered if Zadiris deliberately started using an old style of speaking ("washi", "no ja" etc) because she wanted to make it clear that she was in fact older.

It's also occurred to me that some of Van's interactions with Zadiris are rather close to the "boy teasing the girl he likes" cliché.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garn View Post
^I put that because every woman who crosses Kanako is a woman who ended up being an idol(+MS) and only talking about it, mostly the pseudo harem of Van.

As far as I remember Van said 10 years when he was between 9 or more years. (probably in the last 2 completed arcs).
Melissa never went down the idol route. I don't think Bellmond, Isla or Pauvina have either. There's several girls who I don't think it was ever made clear whether they ever got involved during Kanako's idol tours.

But for anyone interested in Van, it would generally make a lot of sense to get involved since Van was making MS gear for them. Also, helps stand out a bit and increase fame.

Kanako was also happy to include outsiders - eg those from Moxy town. Randolph got included as well. Basically, Kanako's drive to sign up lots of people is why she became a Guider in the first place. So I think referring to her situation as a harem is rather missing the point.

The first time Van said wait ten years was early in the ghoul arc, ie when he was 2. He's now 12.

PS Just to be clear, I think the series does have a number of small issues. On the other hand, it does a lot of things very well or things that help it stand out well from other series. The author is clearly putting in a lot of work.

Tags
fantasy, harem, mature content, multiple factions, non-human protagonist, revenge, shota protagonist, shotacon, villain protagonist