AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2019-01-26, 22:52   Link #6121
kiiro94

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
I never said Azazel wasn't Maou-class. Blazor was implying he was in the vague "above Maou" class like Rias.
Well, we really dont know but seeing that he was equal to Pluto, and that Ultimate Class Grim are god class, they he might be touching that tier. But who knows, there was not a proper fight for him using BxB and neither was a statement of his power, we just know that a Satan Class was no opponent for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parry999 View Post
10 is when he got CxC 12 when he came back and got a power up from his new body. What are you talking about base Issei being satan class? What's that have to do with what I said. The only maou-class his struggled with was Diehauser. Grendel has above dragon king level defense from his scales. Risevim, Apophis and Crom where far above maou-class. Thanatos was basically god class. Even Euclid was testing the replica boosted gear. If you mean that thing where Thanatos said everyone satan or above can dodge infinity blaster. Sure really skilled ones but it can one shot gods. He had to seal it but couldn't do anything to Issei's soul.
You said he was satan class after volume 12, I dont think so. Grendel is the main example of it. It took Issei and Sairaorg to defeat him and equal him.
kiiro94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-26, 23:51   Link #6122
XFire
150% done

I don't think most Ultimate Class Grim Reapers are God-Class. Thanatos might have been, but I don't recall any of them doing anything to put them at that level.
Old 2019-01-27, 01:04   Link #6123
kiiro94

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
I don't think most Ultimate Class Grim Reapers are God-Class. Thanatos might have been, but I don't recall any of them doing anything to put them at that level.
Well Pluto even said so. It was said that low Class Reapers were as strong as Mid Class Devils, and mid class grim reapers are as strong as high class devils.

Then we have Azazel defeating with ease a Satan Class devil, but having a decent battle with an Ultimate Class Grim Reaper.

Looks like Grim Reapers clases or tiers are 1 tier above the devils. Like this:
  • Utimate Class Grim >= Satan Class
  • High Class Grim Reaper >= Ultimate Class Devils
  • Mid Class Grim Reapers >= High Class Devils
  • Low Class Grim Reapers>= Mid Class Devils

Showing that Grim Reapers overall are a stronger specie than Devils and logically could be consider half gods.
kiiro94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-27, 02:55   Link #6124
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiiro94 View Post
Well Pluto even said so. It was said that low Class Reapers were as strong as Mid Class Devils, and mid class grim reapers are as strong as high class devils.

Then we have Azazel defeating with ease a Satan Class devil, but having a decent battle with an Ultimate Class Grim Reaper.

Looks like Grim Reapers clases or tiers are 1 tier above the devils. Like this:
  • Utimate Class Grim >= Satan Class
  • High Class Grim Reaper >= Ultimate Class Devils
  • Mid Class Grim Reapers >= High Class Devils
  • Low Class Grim Reapers>= Mid Class Devils

Showing that Grim Reapers overall are a stronger specie than Devils and logically could be consider half gods.
Maou-class, sure. Just not God-class.
Old 2019-01-27, 06:10   Link #6125
Rayzer

I've wanted to ask this. Which Issei vs Rias do you all think was better? The one in the novel or in the anime?
Rayzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-27, 07:14   Link #6126
Blazor 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzer View Post
I've wanted to ask this. Which Issei vs Rias do you all think was better? The one in the novel or in the anime?
It really depends. In the anime, the fight was darker and it portrayed Rias more of a threat than in the novel. In the anime Rias was kicking Issei's ass while in the novel, Issei defeated her in no time.
Blazor 98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-27, 09:25   Link #6127
vietthai96
The Saiyan God

i think Ultimate Class Grim Reaper are small in number and mostly named like Orcus, Pluto, Pluto II and Thanatos
Old 2019-01-27, 10:46   Link #6128
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by vietthai96 View Post
i think Ultimate Class Grim Reaper are small in number and mostly named like Orcus, Pluto, Pluto II and Thanatos
Well I believe that too. But I believe that Pluto is the 2nd or 3rd strongest Grim Reaper as Thanatos is the strongest and Orcus is either equal to or stronger than Pluto in my opinion.

Pluto is famous enough to be worshipped as a god so his strength must be legendary compared to the other Ultimate-level Grim Reapers.

Unless there are more famous Grim Reapers than Pluto and Orcus, those two are at the top when it comes to Ultimate-level Grim Reapers more likely than not.

@Rayzer The novel. I haven't read it yet but that anime-original part of Born I didn't like. That massive screw-up of Born is comparable to Fallout 76.

Okay that was too big an overexaggeration. But Born was still bad in my view.

But what do you guys think that Unknown Dictator could possibly do with its ability to control metal and electronic devices apparently?

In my view the possessor can black out whole cities probably, block out all signals coming from and into cities. And then maybe the possessor can use his ability to prevent holy swords like Durandal and Collbrande from being used against him physically or can probably easily break those holy swords as they would be made out of metal(swords made through use of Sacred Gears wouldn't apply).

Maybe in Ruval's match against Typhon's team, he can make Vidar's boots ineffective.

Or maybe at its absolute max can control metal anywhere. Or even detonate nukes or control them.

Or could summon various metals to the surface of the earth like gold, silver, etc.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-27, 12:26   Link #6129
Palmito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
Well I believe that too. But I believe that Pluto is the 2nd or 3rd strongest Grim Reaper as Thanatos is the strongest and Orcus is either equal to or stronger than Pluto in my opinion.

Pluto is famous enough to be worshipped as a god so his strength must be legendary compared to the other Ultimate-level Grim Reapers.

Unless there are more famous Grim Reapers than Pluto and Orcus, those two are at the top when it comes to Ultimate-level Grim Reapers more likely than not.

@Rayzer The novel. I haven't read it yet but that anime-original part of Born I didn't like. That massive screw-up of Born is comparable to Fallout 76.

Okay that was too big an overexaggeration. But Born was still bad in my view.

But what do you guys think that Unknown Dictator could possibly do with its ability to control metal and electronic devices apparently?

In my view the possessor can black out whole cities probably, block out all signals coming from and into cities. And then maybe the possessor can use his ability to prevent holy swords like Durandal and Collbrande from being used against him physically or can probably easily break those holy swords as they would be made out of metal(swords made through use of Sacred Gears wouldn't apply).

Maybe in Ruval's match against Typhon's team, he can make Vidar's boots ineffective.

Or maybe at its absolute max can control metal anywhere. Or even detonate nukes or control them.

Or could summon various metals to the surface of the earth like gold, silver, etc.
Knowing Ishibumi is quite obvious what he is going to do. Make the guy control Gundam and use them to fight. The question is, he will use an army of them, or he will use only one very powerful Gundam?
Palmito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-27, 13:16   Link #6130
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmito View Post
Knowing Ishibumi is quite obvious what he is going to do. Make the guy control Gundam and use them to fight. The question is, he will use an army of them, or he will use only one very powerful Gundam?
That'll be the Balance Breaker. And he'll probably make the possessor a huge Gundam fan. This is Ishibumi we're talking about.

I would say one powerful Gundam that the possessor gets into and controls and he has control of all magnetic fields.
Old 2019-01-27, 17:48   Link #6131
B214

Seekvaira would probably get high just from seeing that. XD
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-01, 11:17   Link #6132
Chris38

Regarding potential power ups ... personally I'm wondering against whom Vali is going to release Albion from the confines of his Sacred Gear.

And, before you say it, I don't think it's going to be Ise. After all I believe that what Isibumi is aiming for ... by having Ise be capable of releasing Ddraig in his DxD form is to have a final confrontation between Ise and Vali as well as separate from them having Albion fight against Ddraig in their own bodies, it's definitely going to occur during the final stages of the current tournament , but that is a most suitable 'conclusion' to Ise's rivalry against Vali as well as the 'Heavenly Dragon' rivalry between Albion and Ddraig.

Meaning that both sides are going to be aware of what kind of abilities their rival is going to have...

Of course, Vali is going to 'release' Albion in a different way then Ise did, since his 'Lucifer form' is different then Ise's pseudo DxD form ... but I don't think that releasing Ablbion from his Sacred Gear would be impossible for Vali to achieve... after all Vali belongs to the minority of the characters that can, more or less, keep up with Ise's power jumps that occurred in the story so far...
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-02, 02:10   Link #6133
bashkim1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Regarding potential power ups ... personally I'm wondering against whom Vali is going to release Albion from the confines of his Sacred Gear.

And, before you say it, I don't think it's going to be Ise. After all I believe that what Isibumi is aiming for ... by having Ise be capable of releasing Ddraig in his DxD form is to have a final confrontation between Ise and Vali as well as separate from them having Albion fight against Ddraig in their own bodies, it's definitely going to occur during the final stages of the current tournament , but that is a most suitable 'conclusion' to Ise's rivalry against Vali as well as the 'Heavenly Dragon' rivalry between Albion and Ddraig.

Meaning that both sides are going to be aware of what kind of abilities their rival is going to have...

Of course, Vali is going to 'release' Albion in a different way then Ise did, since his 'Lucifer form' is different then Ise's pseudo DxD form ... but I don't think that releasing Ablbion from his Sacred Gear would be impossible for Vali to achieve... after all Vali belongs to the minority of the characters that can, more or less, keep up with Ise's power jumps that occurred in the story so far...
First Ise need to defeat a Maou class opponent how can make his SG worthless.
bashkim1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-02, 07:55   Link #6134
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by bashkim1234 View Post
First Ise need to defeat a Maou class opponent how can make his SG worthless.
Again Worthless is not Sacred Gear Cancelleer.
Old 2019-02-03, 02:53   Link #6135
Chris38

Not to mention, for 'Worthless' to work Belial needs to understand how an ability or object works.

While that might possible for him to achieve when it comes to Ise's 'normal state' , Balance Breaker and maybe 'True Queen,' I don't think he can use it on Ise's Pseudo Dragon Deification mode.

After all it's a combination of Ddraig's power with the power of Ophis, and I don't think that anyone can understand how the power of the Infinite Dragon actually works...

The problem is that ... at least I don't remember it being mentioned, is that we don't know if Ise is capable of going to his Pseudo Dragon Deification mode directly from his 'normal mode' .

Finally ... even if Belial would somehow would be able to make Ise's SG 'Worthless' ... even if I believe the chance of that is low ... that kind of development could be Ishibumi's way to start 'unlocking' the power that Ise obtained from Great Red, which we still don't know much about...
Old 2019-02-03, 06:12   Link #6136
Lucidrago

Quote:
Not to mention, for 'Worthless' to work Belial needs to understand how an ability or object works.

While that might possible for him to achieve when it comes to Ise's 'normal state' , Balance Breaker and maybe 'True Queen,' I don't think he can use it on Ise's Pseudo Dragon Deification mode.

After all it's a combination of Ddraig's power with the power of Ophis, and I don't think that anyone can understand how the power of the Infinite Dragon actually works...

The problem is that ... at least I don't remember it being mentioned, is that we don't know if Ise is capable of going to his Pseudo Dragon Deification mode directly from his 'normal mode' .

Finally ... even if Belial would somehow would be able to make Ise's SG 'Worthless' ... even if I believe the chance of that is low ... that kind of development could be Ishibumi's way to start 'unlocking' the power that Ise obtained from Great Red, which we still don't know much about...
But he understands the evil pieces and could make them worthless and Issei needs those to go into CCQ. And there's no evidence he can go into DxD without going into CCQ first.

Again Worthless is not Sacred Gear Canceller. I think way too many people confuse the two.

Worthless makes the special abilities of people or objects worthless. Makes them lose their value.
Old 2019-02-03, 08:07   Link #6137
CCPDarkraiRules
Vassal of the King

Well we don't know if Diehauser can make Evil Pieces worthless. I would fully believe that Ajuka when he made the Evil Pieces he made them able to work around the House of Belial's Worthless.
Old 2019-02-03, 09:08   Link #6138
B214

Diehauser was able to make the RG retiring system worthless so it may be possible.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-03, 13:13   Link #6139
Chris38

Well, Belial might be capable of making an ordinary Evil Piece worthless, but lets not forget that all of Ise's pawn pieces are mutation pieces and if I'm not mistaken Belial needs to understand the properties of the object / ability in order to make them Worthless.

Example from the LN: Belial needed to understand how Phoenix tears work, in order to make them Worthless, so he staged the match against Ravel and Riser to check how they work.

So for him to for example disable the Evil Pieces powering up Ise's CCQ form Belial would first need to observe / deduce how they work , which could be difficult especially during a fight, since the Evil Pieces are not 'objects' that are visible from the outside , unlike the Phoenix tears...
Old 2019-02-03, 16:27   Link #6140
Lucidrago

Quote:
Well, Belial might be capable of making an ordinary Evil Piece worthless, but lets not forget that all of Ise's pawn pieces are mutation pieces and if I'm not mistaken Belial needs to understand the properties of the object / ability in order to make them Worthless.

Example from the LN: Belial needed to understand how Phoenix tears work, in order to make them Worthless, so he staged the match against Ravel and Riser to check how they work.

So for him to for example disable the Evil Pieces powering up Ise's CCQ form Belial would first need to observe / deduce how they work , which could be difficult especially during a fight, since the Evil Pieces are not 'objects' that are visible from the outside , unlike the Phoenix tears...
Even if they are mutated, they have the same special ability as other pawn pieces which is to allow a person to promote to bishop, knight, rook, or queen once they reach enemy territory or with the king's permission. Issei doesn't have that limitation as he can use CCQ whenever but CCQ is only possible due to the special ability of the pawn piece. And Diehauser can make special abilities worthless.

Diehauser has been in multiple Rating Games and has surely fought lots of servants with evil pieces inside them. So it seems weird that he wouldn't understand how the evil pieces worked. Again this guy made the retiring system worthless.

Again It's about him making the special ability of the pawn pieces worthless not Issei's whole Sacred Gear. Even if they are mutated, Issei won't be able to go into CCQ if his ability to promote is made worthless.