Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2019-01-10, 13:07   Link #3641
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
a JP source of someone who saw the movie in advance gave some interesting info about the second movie. A bit of a spoiler though:

Spoiler:

Here is the link, if anyone's interested:
https://tm-ulstergyro.hatenablog.com...9/01/10/004318
Some of the reports are different (since they also mention that the

Spoiler for :

happens as well) but

Spoiler for :

Sounds pretty good, if it ends up being accurate.

Movie also ends at a good point as well, so that means the third movie is going to be pretty great in terms of the content it will cover, going by the reports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
Daammnnn!!! If only they did the same for previous routes adaptation.
Considering that was the one of the few places where they could go and do it in the Realta Nua version (since it was implied that something "inmate" happened) I don't think the other routes had any room for that in them, unless they were going to change it drastically.

Maybe UBW epilogue could have had it, but that's wasn't Nasu idea for it, so.
Old 2019-01-11, 04:51   Link #3642
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
Some of the reports are different (since they also mention that the

Spoiler for :

happens as well) but

Spoiler for :

Sounds pretty good, if it ends up being accurate.

Movie also ends at a good point as well, so that means the third movie is going to be pretty great in terms of the content it will cover, going by the reports.

Considering that was the one of the few places where they could go and do it in the Realta Nua version (since it was implied that something "inmate" happened) I don't think the other routes had any room for that in them, unless they were going to change it drastically.

Maybe UBW epilogue could have had it, but that's wasn't Nasu idea for it, so.
Oh. That makes more sense. That's considerably less exciting.

But still better than nothing!
If only you could feel how much it hurts, yet I would not wish that upon even the cursed.
The pain is a dagger which stabs my heart, and pricks it every second till it tears apart.
Like a flower whose petals have died, all I feel is emptiness inside
Though for you my heart weeps a river of blood, you are not to be blamed for this flood.
I’m letting you go, even though you were never mine.
It was my mistake to think this could be just fine.

Letting Go
Dark Rose Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-12, 00:18   Link #3643
AnimeFan188

Last Fate/stay night Heaven's Feel Anime Film's Title,
Spring 2020 Date Revealed:

"Fate/stay night: Heaven's Feel II. lost butterfly, the second film in the Fate/stay night:
Heaven's Feel anime film trilogy, opened on Saturday, and it ended with a teaser for the
third and final film. The teaser revealed that the third film, Fate/stay night: Heaven's
Feel III. spring song, will open in the spring of 2020.

The second film opened in Japan in 131 theaters, after Tokyo's Shinjuku Wald 9 theater
and Tokushima's ufotable Cinema screened the film early on January 9. The film was
originally slated to premiere in Japan last year. Aniplex of America will screen the film in
the United States later this year."

See:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...vealed/.141868
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-12, 11:36   Link #3644
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Not too surprising, but I was still hoping we wouldn't have to wait as long for the next movie. But hey, we've been waiting this long to see Heaven's Feel animated and they're apparently doing the route justice, so what's one more year?
Old 2019-01-12, 14:27   Link #3645
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I guess Ufotable can get away with more hardcore stuff in cinemas rather than in tv series. I mean

Spoiler for heaven's feel:
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-12, 15:54   Link #3646
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
I guess Ufotable can get away with more hardcore stuff in cinemas rather than in tv series. I mean

Spoiler for heaven's feel:
Hmm, having seen the scene camrip (and read what people's reactions/summary about it) it's not what I would call "hardcore", or anything similar to how it was in the OG VN. Too hot for primetime TV, maybe, but not compared to some of the late night stuff we had been getting this past 10 years.

I think it boils down to 2 things:

1) Regulations are different between cinema and TV, but there are ways to get around it and show adult content on TV a la Tokyo Ghoul sex scene and the like

and 2) Everything Fate/Stay Night animated is based on what is in Realta Nua, so they need to work within what and how it presents these particular events

Spoiler for In the case of UBW,:
Old 2019-01-12, 18:12   Link #3647
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
Hmm, having seen the scene camrip (and read what people's reactions/summary about it) it's not what I would call "hardcore", or anything similar to how it was in the OG VN. Too hot for primetime TV, maybe, but not compared to some of the late night stuff we had been getting this past 10 years.

I think it boils down to 2 things:

1) Regulations are different between cinema and TV, but there are ways to get around it and show adult content on TV a la Tokyo Ghoul sex scene and the like

and 2) Everything Fate/Stay Night animated is based on what is in Realta Nua, so they need to work within what and how it presents these particular events

Spoiler for In the case of UBW,:
Never heard that Realta Nua changed so much. Still is it true that in this film

Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2019-01-12, 18:40   Link #3648
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:

Spoiler for spoiler:
Spoiler for :

Realta Nua is pretty much the definitive edition of the novel. It doesn't change too much of the core story, but there are clear changes and differences, in particular to how stuff like mana transfer is done.
Old 2019-01-12, 21:27   Link #3649
cyberdemon

Quote:

Spoiler for spoiler:
The main story is the same from what I heard except certain points like in the 18+ Sakura suffers from horniness where she needs blood in realta nua. Basic rituals replaced the sex scenes for fate and ubw as well

I’m glad that they didn’t shy away from that scene even if it’s implied in realta nua. There was so much meaning to it for someone like Sakura

Last edited by cyberdemon; 2019-01-12 at 21:48.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-13, 05:09   Link #3650
AnimeFan188

2nd Fate/stay night Heaven's Feel Anime Film Previewed in TV Ad:

"The official Twitter account for the Fate/stay night franchise began streaming a second
commercial on Saturday for Fate/stay night: Heaven's Feel II. lost butterfly, the second
film in the Fate/stay night: Heaven's Feel anime film trilogy. The video previews Aimer's
theme song "I beg you.""

See:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...-tv-ad/.141986
Old 2019-01-13, 09:38   Link #3651
AP24

The h scene has been leaked online. I'm hoping the BD shows an extended version.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-13, 09:44   Link #3652
Applehell

Review of the film for anyone interested:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/rev...terfly/.141876
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-13, 19:28   Link #3653
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Just checked theme song of the movie by Aimer. The lyrics make it look how Sakura is mentally as well as how Shirou has changed from his incarnation from UBW. Some parts seem quite sad so I guess this movie has quite a sad ending.
Old 2019-01-13, 22:42   Link #3654
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
The main story is the same from what I heard except certain points like in the 18+ Sakura suffers from horniness where she needs blood in realta nua. Basic rituals replaced the sex scenes for fate and ubw as well

I’m glad that they didn’t shy away from that scene even if it’s implied in realta nua. There was so much meaning to it for someone like Sakura
*waits for it to be censored when released in my country because they will never let a mere cartoon qualify for R-21 rating <__<*
Old 2019-01-14, 12:12   Link #3655
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The sex scene doesn't actually show anything. Not even Sakura's nipples, unless what I saw wasn't the full scene. Your country would have to be extremely strict to assign it that kind of rating.

And yes, this could have totally aired on Japanese TV as Arabesque said. I'd say Tokyo Ghoul:re's sex scene to take a recent example was in fact more explicit.
Old 2019-01-14, 14:17   Link #3656
Shippuu
┐(-。ー')┌

Yes from what I've seen the sex scene is pretty disappointing.
I mean I get that there are limits to what you can show in a theater but it ended up being more of an intimate cuddling session than actual sex. I wouldn't be surprised if some people without VN context didn't realize it was supposed to be a sex scene at all.
I wasn't expecting, nor hoping, for a cheap 10-minute hentai orgy with the most absurd positions no one actually uses and Sakura screaming "Senpai, my hips are moving on their own!" but they really could've included a few seconds that showed that penetration actually occurred, through movement under the blankets or something, instead of cutting away entirely like they did.
I've heard some say that it would've been tasteless and that cheap hentai or even something as simple as a shot of Sakura's bare breasts would take focus away from the intimacy of the moment and that it wasn't the point. A sex scene shouldn't have sex because sex is, apparently, tasteless which is honestly the most idiotic statement I've seen in a while. If sex is not the point why bother in the first place? They might as well have gone with intimate blood-sucking and there would've been little difference with the way the scene is right now.
These things are not mutually exclusive, no binary extremes. There is no fine line between tasteful lovemaking and hentai. They are worlds apart. You CAN have both. Several shows and manga haven proven time and again that it's perfectly possible to have tasteful sex scenes that are slightly more explicit, with and without nudity, that enhance the emotional impact and genuine raw intimacy of the moment.
I'm hoping this was done primarily out of concerns over ratings and that the Blu-Ray release is a bit more expanded and includes at least a bit more nudity. It's not like ufotable hasn't done it before, even if that definitely wasn't a romantic scenario.
Shippuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-14, 18:21   Link #3657
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I watched the scene but without audio. It felt more like an emotional support based on the faces with romance being official. Also, now that I realize, Shirou is quite ripped for his age. No wonder his Muramasa persona from Grand Order is getting some attention.

Still, I'm okay with the scene. I remember the Kenshin OVAs had a similar scene but they didn't show anything despite the more mature direction when compared to the tv series.
Old 2019-01-16, 00:37   Link #3658
AnimeFan188

2nd Fate/stay Night: Heaven's Feel Film Opens at #1:

"Fate/stay night: Heaven's Feel II. lost butterfly, the second film in the Fate/stay night:
Heaven's Feel anime film trilogy sold 363,080 tickets to earn 602,841,741 yen (about
US$5.55 million), topping the Japanese box office rankings in Japan in its first three
days. The film sold 12% more tickets and earned 18% more in its opening weekend
than the first film in the trilogy."

See:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...t-no.1/.142065

==========================

2nd Fate/stay night Heaven's Feel Film Opens in U.S. on March 14:

"Aniplex of America announced on Monday that it will debut Fate/stay night: Heaven's
Feel II. lost butterfly, the second film in the Fate/stay night: Heaven's Feel anime film
trilogy, at the Regal L.A. LIVE in Los Angeles on February 23. The film will screen at
11:00 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. local time. Fathom Events will then open the film
nationwide on March 14."

See:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...rch-14/.142101
Old 2019-01-16, 05:08   Link #3659
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Also, now that I realize, Shirou is quite ripped for his age.
Well I haven't seen the movie yet, but I have played the game, and, well, I know for a fact that Sakura agrees with this assessment. Like, she really agrees with this assessment.

On the "they still ruined it by not showing it" discussion... Does it really matter? We manage to keep it PG13 while we still get people being intimate. If you want to think something happened, go ahead. If you want to think nothing happened... go right ahead. Does anything really change?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-16, 10:38   Link #3660
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Well I haven't seen the movie yet, but I have played the game, and, well, I know for a fact that Sakura agrees with this assessment. Like, she really agrees with this assessment.

On the "they still ruined it by not showing it" discussion... Does it really matter? We manage to keep it PG13 while we still get people being intimate. If you want to think something happened, go ahead. If you want to think nothing happened... go right ahead. Does anything really change?
I don't know the context of the film, but if you want elaboration on that, check Arabesque's comment.

Tags
heaven's feel, ubw, ufotable