AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2018-12-20, 16:27   Link #401
bashkim1234

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infinite Dream View Post
@bashkim1234

Crom couldnt retire ddraig thatd actually make since if he did but he couldnt. So crom hasnt surpassed heavenly dragon yet.

Also it was stated by Ajuka hell be able to tap into axa during this tournament. Maybe it'll be againts diehauser but i have a feeling it'll be against indra for some reason since he keeps hinting that his black form isnt enough. He said itd take him a couple years to be able to master true dxd so we might not actually see that form again.

Well he needs to awaken GR power and resonate with Ophis and Lilth. He should be able to awakend GR power with the help of his Queen. If he is going to beat the Champion he is going to need his DxD G mode,because it is the only way to counter the Champions worthless ability .
bashkim1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-20, 16:28   Link #402
Palmito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parry999 View Post
Holy moly freaking really. It's a fact demonic power enhances what the person can do. Hell Euclid could have been heavenly dragon class in just BxB do to him being satan class and an arch mage. Issei causes irregular growth in everyone dude. It is why Ajuka didn't want the last of the orginal longinus's possessors to meet him. Look at how much effect he had Vali and Gasper. Hell he even caused the reawakening of Vritra and inspired Risevim.
Ohh. I understand now. So you're saying that the ridiculous growth that Blade Blacksmith had was because of Issei's influence? Putting that way actually makes sense. But would not this be a convenient plot device to say "any growth is acceptable because of Issei's influence". Like I'm not disagreeing with you, you are right, I just think it's kind of lame. Ishi can do any madness like making Kunou as powerful as Ophis and saying that it is "Issei's influence". It's literally an excuse for anything.

Just my opinion, dont kill me.
Palmito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-20, 16:30   Link #403
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmito View Post
Again, it makes sense. A Tannin who was holding back in Volume 5 was extremely fast (I just do not know why Issei was not impressed by his speed) and Bikou was following him. What a beast. So you assumed that Bikou got even faster and hit the speed of an Ultimate class since then (something that was never said, but if you're saying that should be true because you make sense), then Kiba uses an armor that is designated to increase his speed, but he does not have any kind of powerful creature supplying him with power. Only training a normal SG justifies such a large increase in speed. Again, it makes sense. You assume that because Kiba was faster than CxC (which is supposed to be at the level of an ultimate class devil) that means that his speed was at the level of a Maou class devil (something that was never pointed, but if you're saying, I agree). Makes total sense. According to you I put arbitrary limitations on Blade Blacksmith, because of course, an SG only has the limit of how much the user wants to train it, if you train you can improve as much as you want. Makes sense.
"Tannin holding back" -> hey another assumption, that always ends well

"Bikou reached the speed of an Ultimate Devil" -> already was, dude. Tanin is Maou-class and Bikou kept pace. Unless you're assuming Tanin was deliberately slowing himself or is way slower than the average member of his class.

"CxC is Ultimate class" -> lol. He beat the crap out of a Maou wearing BG. More assumptions on your part.

"Kiba doesn't go a level above CxC despite being explicitly faster" -> yes, this is not a foolish assumption at all (see I can do it too)

"Blade Blacksmith has limits on growth" -> there's literally a pure human styling on God-class does and you think the Sacred Gear hits its limits before that?

Quote:
"Finally, maybe just call it, y'know, speed?"
Anything you want boss, just do not get mad. I'm agreeing with you.
I'm no mad, I'm just disappointed.

Lol.

Quote:
"This type of argument has literally never gone your way here. Everyone else can keep up with the series, you're the only one with this problem."

Because I have some criticism, and I do not have the same opinions as you, should I shut up? I can express my opinions and we can disagree? Or I should take shoots at people who disagree with me? Saying things like "someone is salty"? Continue an endless debate that will not lead to anything? Whatever you want boss, I agree.
You can have whatever opinions you want, dude.

But when you repeatedly express those opinions in the exact same manner over and over again without even trying to address the counter arguments, dont be surprised when people stop taking it seriously.

This is what, the third time we've had a discussion like this? And your response to people pointing out that the series supports the direction the story went, you've responded with sarcastic disdain to those who didnt agree with you.

Seriously, like 90% of the predictions I made before this came out were completely wrong because I misjudged character abilities and strengths. But I'm not going to blame Ishibumi because I didnt think Fafnir was as strong as he was, or that Crom was able to keep up with Ddraig while wounded.

Look, you're pretty clearly taking this personally, and the argument itself is pointless now. I'm not changing your opinion, and you aren't changing anyone else's, so I think we're done here. Write a reply if you want, then we can consider it closed as a mutual disagreement and move on to other stuff.
Old 2018-12-20, 16:33   Link #404
Shieldbro

Ddraig said that CxC was maou class in shin dxd 1 the part was translated a few days ago.
Shieldbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-20, 16:34   Link #405
Raptor178

At some point, y'all just gotta walk away. When it is clear that neither side is gonna change their opinions, arguing for the sole purpose of people agreeing with you is fruitless...
Raptor178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-20, 16:37   Link #406
JollyRoero

Akeno is not Cadre class. Cadre class is 10 wings.
JollyRoero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-20, 16:37   Link #407
Parry999

He also beat Euclid who according to Azazel was stronger then Shalba. Fought Grendel whose dragon king class. Defeated the strongest fallen Angel warrior well exhausted. CxC being maou class has been a fact since early last arc.
Parry999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-20, 16:50   Link #408
The Infinite Dream

So no secret talks from the isolation barrier like last volume?
The Infinite Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-20, 16:53   Link #409
Palmito

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
"Tannin holding back" -> hey another assumption, that always ends well

"Bikou reached the speed of an Ultimate Devil" -> already was, dude. Tanin is Maou-class and Bikou kept pace. Unless you're assuming Tanin was deliberately slowing himself or is way slower than the average member of his class.

"CxC is Ultimate class" -> lol. He beat the crap out of a Maou wearing BG. More assumptions on your part.

"Kiba doesn't go a level above CxC despite being explicitly faster" -> yes, this is not a foolish assumption at all (see I can do it too)

"Blade Blacksmith has limits on growth" -> there's literally a pure human styling on God-class does and you think the Sacred Gear hits its limits before that?

I'm no mad, I'm just disappointed.

Lol.

You can have whatever opinions you want, dude.

But when you repeatedly express those opinions in the exact same manner over and over again without even trying to address the counter arguments, dont be surprised when people stop taking it seriously.

This is what, the third time we've had a discussion like this? And your response to people pointing out that the series supports the direction the story went, you've responded with sarcastic disdain to those who didnt agree with you.

Seriously, like 90% of the predictions I made before this came out were completely wrong because I misjudged character abilities and strengths. But I'm not going to blame Ishibumi because I didnt think Fafnir was as strong as he was, or that Crom was able to keep up with Ddraig while wounded.

Look, you're pretty clearly taking this personally, and the argument itself is pointless now. I'm not changing your opinion, and you aren't changing anyone else's, so I think we're done here. Write a reply if you want, then we can consider it closed as a mutual disagreement and move on to other stuff.
Dont you remember? I'm pretty sure Ddraig says explicitly that Tannin is holding back. If you're talking about Euclid, Issei used the Wyverns to increase his power above Euclid power. CxC by itself was not at the level of a Maou before volume 21. About Kiba going one level above you are assuming. It has never been said that SG go to such a high level just with training. See? You accuse me of assuming things but you do the same.

1- I always address the counter arguments. You usually can not prove they are wrong and start taking their credit as if they did not make sense. Which was exactly what I did today. Attacking personally saying things like "not a good look for you" and things like that. If you do not realize you constantly do this in a debate where you can not break the other person's arguments.

2- I'm not saying that Ishibumi is wrong for what he's writing (the story itself). I point out criticism in the way he writes things. Like things that do not make sense, exaggerations that are not necessary, and inconsistencies. If you do not want to criticize the series or do not accept criticism, it's your choice, just accept other people's opinions without disdain if you do not want to be answered with sarcasm. And you're taking it personally too, I gave my opinion 3 times here and in the 3 times you started a debate with me (usually with some kind of shade like "someone is salty") If you want to move on ok, like you said I will not change your mind and you will not change mine.
Old 2018-12-20, 16:59   Link #410
XFire
150% done

Quote:
*snip*
And with the final response out of the way, we can all move on now. The issue is closed, finite, drinks all around.

MOVING ON...

What do you all think the inevitable crisis that will hit Kyoto will be? I'm hoping we finally get some Japanese gods in the mix.
Old 2018-12-20, 17:05   Link #411
Parry999

Cao Caos redemption?
Old 2018-12-20, 17:05   Link #412
JollyRoero

Such a bland match. No Crom vs Issei. Crom vs Ddraig was off screen. Yuuto's keeping up with Issei's Pseudo DxD speed was bs (don't bother debating again). Lint vs Nakiri was very meh. Rias vs Grayfia had a copout for Rias to win. Roygun was pointless to have been in the RG along with Bova. I cared more about Balberith, Ouryuu's 3 year older Sister being the owner of Telos Karma, Grayfia's development, Yasaka and Roygun basically gonna be joining the harem and Melvazoa's Sister hinted to be arriving
JollyRoero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-20, 17:09   Link #413
Parry999

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyRoero View Post
Such a bland match. No Crom vs Issei. Crom vs Ddraig was off screen. Yuuto's keeping up with Issei's Pseudo DxD speed was bs (don't bother debating again). Lint vs Nakiri was very meh. Rias vs Grayfia had a copout for Rias to win. Roygun was pointless to have been in the RG along with Bova. I cared more about Balberith, Ouryuu's 3 year older Sister being the owner of Telos Karma, Grayfia's development, Yasaka and Roygun basically gonna be joining the harem and Melvazoa's Sister hinted to be arriving
All most like Ishibumi rushed into having Rias in the tournament to not disappoint rabid otakus. To be honest both her matches kind of sucked besides Vali vs Crom. I feel all she did in this tournament was make Kuroka look even dumber and hurt her an Gasper's own development by them fusing.
Old 2018-12-20, 17:15   Link #414
Palmito

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyRoero View Post
100% agree. The only thing I found interesting in the RG was the information that Roygun can use her skill as a "time bomb".
Old 2018-12-20, 17:20   Link #415
Lucidrago

I have no idea what you guys are even arguing about. Fact is, people train, they get stronger over time, the end.

So Lint is a Joker. I thought so. So is she the Extra Joker then or is that someone else?

So Ouryuu's older sister was the previous Ouryuu? Now I'm confused as it seemed like the previous Ouryuu was someone else entirely going off of what Ouryuu said in Volume 22 about the previous Ouryuu causing trouble with Tobio and Vali. No wonder Ouryuu despises Kanzaki.

I thought Shooting Star would be much younger by the way Kanzaki talked about him. Didn't expect him to be that old. Glad Sairaorg won though.

For all the hype, the match seemed disappointing based on the spoilers. It seems like too many of the fights were short and too many were skipped over for my taste. I mean for the match between the main protagonist and the main female protagonist, it just seemed lacking in a lot of aspects. But maybe I'm judging it too harshly considering I haven't even read the translated volume.

Well so do you guys think that Melvazoa's brother and his forces are more like the scouting party and that Issei and the other members of DxD will have to defeat them?

Wonder what happened to Erebus and two of the Maou-class devils? Maybe he's going to be involved in the next volume acting on his own against Issei seeking to avenge his sister, Nyx.

Well didn't think Grayfia was that depressed. Well no more Bina then. I say that Barakiel should join his team next. Or better yet, a god or god-class being. Mahabali, perhaps. Really don't know the policy about letting those that lost in the main stage participate on another team.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-20, 17:23   Link #416
Ka-el

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
I have no idea what you guys are even arguing about. Fact is, people train, they get stronger over time, the end.

So Lint is a Joker. I thought so. So is she the Extra Joker then or is that someone else?

So Ouryuu's older sister was the previous Ouryuu? Now I'm confused as it seemed like the previous Ouryuu was someone else entirely going off of what Ouryuu said in Volume 22 about the previous Ouryuu causing trouble with Tobio and Vali. No wonder Ouryuu despises Kanzaki.

I thought Shooting Star would be much younger by the way Kanzaki talked about him. Didn't expect him to be that old. Glad Sairaorg won though.

For all the hype, the match seemed disappointing based on the spoilers. It seems like too many of the fights were short and too many were skipped over for my taste. I mean for the match between the main protagonist and the main female protagonist, he just seemed lacking in a lot of aspects. But maybe I'm judging it too harshly considering I haven't even read the translated volume.

Well so do you guys think that Melvazoa's brother and his forces are more like the scouting party and that Issei and the other members of DxD will have to defeat them?

Wonder what happened to Erebus and two of the Maou-class devils? Maybe he's going to be involved in the next volume acting on his own against Issei seeking to avenge his sister, Nyx.

Well didn't think Grayfia was that depressed. Well no more Bina then. I say that Barakiel should join his team next. Or better yet, a god or god-class being. Mahabali, perhaps. Really don't know the policy about letting those that lost in the main stage participate on another team.
Well usually is on Issei point of view so of course we could not get to see the matches in a detailed way.
Ka-el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-20, 17:24   Link #417
Palmito

Quote:

For all the hype, the match seemed disappointing based on the spoilers. It seems like too many of the fights were short and too many were skipped over for my taste. I mean for the match between the main protagonist and the main female protagonist, he just seemed lacking in a lot of aspects. But maybe I'm judging it too harshly considering I haven't even read the translated volume.

Do you want to start the debate again? Just asking.
Old 2018-12-20, 17:25   Link #418
Lex79

So the dream with Yasaka and Roygun as brides is confirmed true?
Lex79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-20, 17:27   Link #419
Parry999

Quote:

For all the hype, the match seemed disappointing based on the spoilers. It seems like too many of the fights were short and too many were skipped over for my taste. I mean for the match between the main protagonist and the main female protagonist, it just seemed lacking in a lot of aspects. But maybe I'm judging it too harshly considering I haven't even read the translated volume.

He has a real queen, so Grayfia isn't needed anymore. Well Issei beat up his son and wife Erebus must be pissed.
Old 2018-12-20, 17:27   Link #420
Lucidrago

Quote:
Do you want to start the debate again? Just asking.
I do love a good debate and I'm kind of bored. It's up to you. I really don't mind.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote