AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-12-08, 19:41   Link #621
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
I haven’t seen the episode yet, but she really went full stabbity psycho on Yuuta?

And here I thought they’d back off the crazy to try and make people more sympathetic to her in preparation for her redemption. It’s gonna be even harder to swallow her being saved now. But there will still be those who rush to her defense because she’s cute and has big breasts.....
Old 2018-12-08, 19:44   Link #622
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Akane even dreams about Tonkawa now (and the other people she killed), another indication it's not going to be swept under the rug. She's been crazy for as long as we've known her, but now she's gone completely over the edge. To be honest, I don't really understand why. My understanding is that she sees Yuta, Rikka and Utsumi as the first "real" people in her world who could rescue her from her loneliness and boredom, and being rejected by them broke her. However, this isn't consistent. She tried to have Yuta killed when she initially found out he was Gridman, she only attempted to befriend him later. She also acknowledged Anti has a heart yet she rejected him even though he was trying to reach out to her.

Was Alexis' line at the beginning of the episode correctly translated? It felt off, since it basically tells us Akane isn't human and she's aware of it.

Anti turning into Gridknight was cool. It was obvious for a long time he would switch sides, but I didn't think he'd change form.
Old 2018-12-08, 20:02   Link #623
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Akane even dreams about Tonkawa now (and the other people she killed), another indication it's not going to be swept under the rug. She's been crazy for as long as we've known her, but now she's gone completely over the edge. To be honest, I don't really understand why. My understanding is that she sees Yuta, Rikka and Utsumi as the first "real" people in her world who could rescue her from her loneliness and boredom, and being rejected by them broke her. However, this isn't consistent. She tried to have Yuta killed when she initially found out he was Gridman, she only attempted to befriend him later. She also acknowledged Anti has a heart yet she rejected him even though he was trying to reach out to her.

Was Alexis' line at the beginning of the episode correctly translated? It felt off, since it basically tells us Akane isn't human and she's aware of it.

Anti turning into Gridknight was cool. It was obvious for a long time he would switch sides, but I didn't think he'd change form.
well this is what means being totally crazy, you can't really predict what she can do, in one instance she can be wanting be bff with you then the next second stab you just "because...", akane start to break apart her last sight of sanity and if yuuta want to save her me just do it azap before nothing is left from her and she become a full "crazy kaiju bitch" beyond any redemption.

Last edited by Blueknight78; 2018-12-08 at 23:32.
Blueknight78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-08, 20:28   Link #624
zztop

So far the 2ch spoilers have been accurate. The spoiler talked of someone defecting to help Team Gridman, which turned out to be Anti.

If you recall the flashback Yuuta had in a previous episode about Alexis stabbing Gridman, I think this current stabbing will be the trigger for Yuuta to finally regain his memories and thus give much needed backstory into what's going on.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-08, 21:47   Link #625
grecefar

the most interesting was that akane lives next door of rikka... that was funny.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-08, 21:56   Link #626
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Nice Boat

(Your message must be between 10 and 50000 characters long. The forum has rejected it for being too long.)

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-08, 22:49   Link #627
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Oh wow, they actually use Gridknight, the old concept that's scrapped from the original show. Awesome! Keep on using those good scrapped concept, Trigger! Also, congratulations to Anti. He finally gets his well-deserved break. We may not have Dyna Dragon in this series, but Gridknight is here in its place.

And do I even need to say that the plot thickens even more in this episode? Nah, everyone can already see that. Onwards to Yuuta's memories!
Old 2018-12-09, 02:50   Link #628
coded321
He Who Games

my main issue right now is, if this world isn't real, if the characters aren't actual people, then what's the point of fighting?
coded321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-09, 03:09   Link #629
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by coded321 View Post
my main issue right now is, if this world isn't real, if the characters aren't actual people, then what's the point of fighting?
I am tired of people asking this question, so I'll ask my my own: the world in the anime isn't real and neither are the characters, then what's the point of watching the anime, any anime? The worlds aren't real , the characters aren't actual people yet you still care, why?
Old 2018-12-09, 04:45   Link #630
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
I am tired of people asking this question,
I told you guys this would be an issue.
Old 2018-12-09, 05:34   Link #631
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

It's an interesting question, no doubt. But there's still a lot we don't know here.

If indeed Yuuta and the others are NPCs - and I definitely don't think that's an incontrovertible fact yet - who's the say they can't "cross over" to being true "living" beings in the same way Anti (and presumably Anoshiras) did from being kaijuu?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-09, 08:34   Link #632
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
It's an interesting question, no doubt. But there's still a lot we don't know here.

If indeed Yuuta and the others are NPCs - and I definitely don't think that's an incontrovertible fact yet - who's the say they can't "cross over" to being true "living" beings in the same way Anti (and presumably Anoshiras) did from being kaijuu?
If we're talking about the ability to judge the value of a potential life, then that depends largely on what criteria you use to judge what "living" is. Is Akane wrong for killing AI because they have the potential to live? The closest thing I can think of to a real life scenario would be the topic of abortion. Is it wrong to abort a fetus when it also has the potential for life? A lot of people would say that decision ought to lie with the mother, but in this case the mother is Akane and everyone else is the fetus. Need some brain bleach yet? XP
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-09, 08:56   Link #633
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

Anti became Gridknight, awesome!!, Yuuta being stabbed with the same knife used to make the Kaijuu, not so awesome.............
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-09, 09:05   Link #634
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
If we're talking about the ability to judge the value of a potential life, then that depends largely on what criteria you use to judge what "living" is. Is Akane wrong for killing AI because they have the potential to live? The closest thing I can think of to a real life scenario would be the topic of abortion. Is it wrong to abort a fetus when it also has the potential for life? A lot of people would say that decision ought to lie with the mother, but in this case the mother is Akane and everyone else is the fetus. Need some brain bleach yet? XP
It's not about "potential" tho. They clearly already are sapient beings capable of agency and making decisions. The fact that they can wonder whether they, their memories, and their world are real or not, makes them real.

Rikka may not be able to truly hate Akane, but she decided that she needs to be stopped when she got enough evidence.
Old 2018-12-09, 09:11   Link #635
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chichiryuushintei View Post
It's not about "potential" tho.
That's just the hypothetical that was being raised.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-09, 09:55   Link #636
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Oh my god! I didn't pay attention to this transition XD
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by Mad Pierrot; 2018-12-09 at 10:11.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-09, 10:22   Link #637
Galaxian

Did they never notice Anti standing outside Akane's house?
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-09, 11:12   Link #638
Boukenxha

What's funny is last episode, in the dream taking place in the nurse room, Akane did actually mention to Rikka that she just moved in next door. I guess nobody really took it as more than playful banter from Akane.

I can imagine the director feeling pretty damn good of himself making a hilarious scene out of this little trivia.
Boukenxha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-09, 11:32   Link #639
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
I told you guys this would be an issue.
Si far the only people that think this are on this site, at least from what I have seen, so it isn't like it is a widespread problem.

The actual problem is that anytime anything happens in the anime the same people just ask the same stupid question. Never mind that the only source of information are the villains, one of who could be outright lying to the other and making her think that that is the case.
Old 2018-12-09, 12:25   Link #640
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Si far the only people that think this are on this site, at least from what I have seen, so it isn't like it is a widespread problem.
I’m not even looking for them and I’ve seen plenty of people thinking and saying it, from ANN to YouTube.

Not surprisingly as I mentioned before, I also see people trying to let Akane off the hook by saying she hasn’t killed real people or people who matter/are just programs. Though at least that part isn’t terribly widespread.

Tags
kaiju, super hero, tokusatsu, tsuburaya