AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2018-08-09, 19:52   Link #161
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Here's the newest PV.

Kurosaki Maon will sing the OP, entitled "Gravitation".
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.

Last edited by Marcus H.; 2018-08-09 at 20:35. Reason: H-HAYAI!
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-09, 20:28   Link #162
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

^It's live.

Wanted something a bit more meatier but it'll have to do.
Old 2018-08-09, 21:22   Link #163
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

I like what I hear from the OP song so far, but I need to hear to full TV size before I make judgement. Well, we got a number of clips from the first Arc. Curious to see how many episodes it will be. That will set the pace for how far Season III will go.
Old 2018-08-09, 22:00   Link #164
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Here's the newest PV.

Kurosaki Maon will sing the OP, entitled "Gravitation".
The OP is ok, sounds like something that''ll catch on the more I listen to it.
The animation is good, the CGI is a bit offputting but other then that the movement is fluid and the backgrounds are beautiful
Frequent use will make it dull and brittle; it's ill sheen reflecting the wielder's lost virtues and strength. Thus comes the saying that the ire of the calm, kind and gentle forges with vengful fire a fearsome bladed edge. Pray for those whose image reflects off it, for it may only stop through reconcilatory waters or icy voids of the end.
BladeMancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-09, 22:05   Link #165
Natsurin
Memento Mori
*Graphic Designer

PV is okay, it seems it's following the artstyle of Index II rather than Railgun S, maybe for the better. Terra looks like someone kicked him in the balls, though.

Also, yeah. Opening song is underwhelming and doesn't have the sense of power Mami Kawada gave to the other openings. Maybe it's due to the fact that the instrumental is louder than her voice? Not a bad song since we've not heard the full version yet, but I'm wondering how fitting it'll be to the whole action-oriented arcs we'll be having from here on out.
Old 2018-08-10, 02:31   Link #166
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

From what I noticed of Kurosaki Maon's delivery of "Gravitation", it's totally different from how she sang "Magic World".
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-10, 04:18   Link #167
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

New OP song kinda sucks tbh... Still, that PV did a great job of hyping me up for this. Can't October come any faster?
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-10, 07:32   Link #168
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Now that I've had time to watch the trailer in the comfort of my room in 1080p and listen to the OP song preview a few times I am relieved. The animation actually looks spot on and clean. THe environments are sharp and the character models look great for the most part (Except the image of Misaka on the phone oddly enough). Still kinda wish the character models were more closer to Railgun S but you can't get everything you want.

The new OP song is slowly growing on me but I'll need to listen and watch it in full context to make final judgement. Ironically enough when I think back to previous Index songs there haven't really been any slam dunk songs. Only Railgun's songs were all around good. Kawada Mami's songs tend to have at least one part which is extremely catchy pleasant to listen to and one that isn't. eg. No Buts main chorus was good but the beginning part wasn't. See visionS beginning part had a great vibe but its main chorus sucked. It'll probably be the same here.

Kurosaki Maon can make a good op (see Shakugan no Shana) and h Her Index II ED songs were nice (Magic World and Memories Last) but its really hit or miss with her.

Last thing I want to say is I've been disappointed with the advertisement and previews of Index III as a whole. Its all feels bare bones or dry compared to other series previews or teasers like SAO Alicization or the recently streamed Boogiepop PV. No voices or story trailer or anything.

EDIT: Crap, it wasn't Maon who did Shana songs; it was KOTOKO. Its all over guys.

Last edited by OH&S; 2018-08-10 at 08:36.
OH&S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-10, 07:47   Link #169
tsunade666

Terra looks crap for grs.
Old 2018-08-10, 10:30   Link #170
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
Last thing I want to say is I've been disappointed with the advertisement and previews of Index III as a whole. Its all feels bare bones or dry compared to other series previews or teasers like SAO Alicization or the recently streamed Boogiepop PV. No voices or story trailer or anything.
Heavy Object also had barely any advertising too.
Old 2018-08-10, 23:50   Link #171
alex_drian

The OP is pretty inferior to the Mami Kawada ones but it'll do the work.

You can believe that to this date jumped the 14th volume and never read it and now the 3rd season is almost here. I should read it, read the manga that I think reached that part or wait for the season 3?
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-11, 01:12   Link #172
Chosen_Hero

Ok you guys, let's pump the brakes for a second, take a step back and realize that this season has some very unrealistic expectations (higher than for a normal run of the mill series) set upon it by the fanbase, expectations of how the season should be done that it somehow "needs" to fulfill and in all seriousness, it will not do so.

While I understand the excitement of a new season finally airing (it's about time), we should take those expectations and put them in check and just enjoy the anime first. All we have is just a small snippet of the song in the OP without the visuals and a few scenes with less than a couple of seconds and people are already being negative about the anime, don't ruin the anime for yourself (and others) without having actually watched it. Not saying you can't point out and complain about things you don't like, but don't let your personal expectations get in the way of your enjoyment.
Old 2018-08-11, 05:40   Link #173
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Heavy Object also had barely any advertising too.
Is it a JC Staff thing? At least in Heavy Object's case, that series was niche to begin with.

But no story trailer to hype the series? I said the advertisement of the anime was bare bones but it's still below par for the industry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
<snip>
Eh, most people are fine with the visuals.

People are free to be critical of the small snippet of the new OP since that's all we have.

But how about this? Can you point me to a good anime OP + song by Kurosaki Maon? I don't think one exists...

Really missing Kawada Mami right now. At least I've still got Opening 2 'masterpiece' to listen to.
Old 2018-08-11, 08:11   Link #174
EasyGo-er

Quote:
Is it a JC Staff thing? At least in Heavy Object's case, that series was niche to begin with.

But no story trailer to hype the series? I said the advertisement of the anime was bare bones but it's still below par for the industry.
I might be wrong here but pretty sure it's a Raildex thing.
Most of the PVs in previous seasons were basically the same as this one as in them showcasing random scenes accompanied by the ost instead of being a story trailer.

Quote:

People are free to be critical of the small snippet of the new OP since that's all we have.

But how about this? Can you point me to a good anime OP + song by Kurosaki Maon? I don't think one exists...

Really missing Kawada Mami right now. At least I've still got Opening 2 'masterpiece' to listen to.
For one, she did the first OP for Tokyo Ravens which is pretty catchy and kinda in the same veins as Kawada Mami's songs so she's pretty capable of doing the same here imo.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Also, you might want to look into this person here who is the music composer for all the Raildex series so far: https://myanimelist.net/people/8542/Maiko_Iuchi

You can see that she's also composed OP2 for Index S1, ED1 and OP2 for Index S2, and insert songs for the movie.
OP2 for Index S2 is pretty mellow compared to other Kawada Mami's song so this could be intentional on their part if she does compose the OP for this time too instead of it being entirely on Kurosaki Maon cause she clearly can make a catchier song like Tokyo Ravens above if she want to.
EasyGo-er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-11, 09:17   Link #175
bakato

Quote:

Jormungand: Perfect Order, Grisaia, and Tokyo Ravens.
Old 2018-08-11, 09:18   Link #176
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyGo-er View Post
I might be wrong here but pretty sure it's a Raildex thing.
Most of the PVs in previous seasons were basically the same as this one as in them showcasing random scenes accompanied by the ost instead of being a story trailer.
I guess so. But its been 7 years since the previous season. And the competition in the fall season will be something fierce (Tokyo Ghoul, Goblin Slayer, SAO, Attack on Titan, Jojo Part 5, etc, etc, etc.). Not to mention the strong winter season as well.

Well, whatever happens, happens.

Also here's a blast from the past; a PV for Season 1:

YouTube

Quote:
For one, she did the first OP for Tokyo Ravens which is pretty catchy and kinda in the same veins as Kawada Mami's songs so she's pretty capable of doing the same here imo.

YouTube
Ah, I remember that series. Didn't watch the anime but I found myself more attached to its 2nd OP. But I guess this qualifies as a good Kurosaki Maon OP.

Quote:
Also, you might want to look into this person here who is the music composer for all the Raildex series so far: https://myanimelist.net/people/8542/Maiko_Iuchi

You can see that she's also composed OP2 for Index S1, ED1 and OP2 for Index S2, and insert songs for the movie.
OP2 for Index S2 is pretty mellow compared to other Kawada Mami's song so this could be intentional on their part if she does compose the OP for this time too instead of it being entirely on Kurosaki Maon cause she clearly can make a catchier song like Tokyo Ravens above if she want to.
I'm aware. All I ask is for an Index OP with a strong intro and verse like PSI-missing, See visionS and masterpiece; and a strong chorus like No Buts! ...and masterpiece. (God I love that second OP).

Last edited by OH&S; 2018-08-11 at 09:19. Reason: added spread
OH&S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-11, 09:27   Link #177
bakato

Quote:
I guess so. But its been 7 years since the previous season. And the competition in the fall season will be something fierce (Tokyo Ghoul, Goblin Slayer, SAO, Attack on Titan, Jojo Part 5, etc, etc, etc.). Not to mention the strong winter season as well.

Well, whatever happens, happens.

Also here's a blast from the past; a PV for Season 1:

YouTube

Ah, I remember that series. Didn't watch the anime but I found myself more attached to its 2nd OP. But I guess this qualifies as a good Kurosaki Maon OP.

I'm aware. All I ask is for an Index OP with a strong intro and verse like PSI-missing, See visionS and masterpiece; and a strong chorus like No Buts! ...and masterpiece. (God I love that second OP).
Don't forget Thunderbolt Fantasy.
Old 2018-08-11, 09:41   Link #178
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Don't forget Thunderbolt Fantasy.
Now that I didn't know.

Also:

Images
HQ Magazine Spread
Old 2018-08-11, 15:34   Link #179
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Now that I didn't know.

Also:

Images
HQ Magazine Spread
Whoa! That spread made me flashback to the OP for Darker Than Black S2.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-12, 00:40   Link #180
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity

Yuki Kaiji is credited on the Index RPG game as VA. OT15 content was recently released on it, I really wonder who it could be...
Spoiler for Spoilers:
Frequent use will make it dull and brittle; it's ill sheen reflecting the wielder's lost virtues and strength. Thus comes the saying that the ire of the calm, kind and gentle forges with vengful fire a fearsome bladed edge. Pray for those whose image reflects off it, for it may only stop through reconcilatory waters or icy voids of the end.
BladeMancer is offline   Reply With Quote