AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2018-07-22, 15:44   Link #6041
Lucidrago

Like I said, it would be nice for Issei to have a being from Hindu mythology in his peerage. Like a Yaksha.

What are some other cool supernatural species that haven't been shown yet in DxD? We have Valkyries(Norse) and Grim Reapers(Greek).

I vote for Rakshasas and Yakshas to be introduced next.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-22, 15:45   Link #6042
Palmito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
I really don't speak badly about any character. I just make counter arguments to you guys when I feel you're overhypinf certain characters. And the majority of the time, It's Issei you guys are overhyping. To certain extents, It's fine. But sometimes it gets to a point where it comes to downgrading certain characters.

I apologize when I go too far.
Correction, you use arguments that make sense to you and only you. You were basically debating with everybody about Rias x Issei's match and the only argument you use is "Rias is the main female character, so I want her to win," and when I or other people use arguments that show you are wrong, or that you are contradicting yourself, you just ignore it and pretend you did not see it. Or you say something like: "the volume has not yet been translated so we should wait", or "anything can happen in the RG", and etc.
So yeah, you just do not like Issei.

@norm: I'm not talking about Wizard, Power, and etc. I'm talking about different powers and different species. In a world where exist so many myths and mythologies, Ishibumi adding 4 characters that are devils that fight with demonic power would be a waste. Look at the old Rias group: 1 fallen angel (akeno), 1 vampire (gasper), 1 youkai (koneko), 1 valkyrie (Rose), 1 dragon (Issei), and 3 humans (Kiba, Asia, Xenovia) where one has healing power, the other demon swords and the other holy swords. That's what I'm saying with variety. Ishibumi barely explored Norse mythology, and he did not even touch Greek mythology. If he wants, he can present characters with very different powers that we still have not seen yet.

I think it would be cool if one of the daughters of one of the Greek gods (daughter with a human because gods can not be reincarnated) was part of Issei's peerage. Ares is the god of war, so Ishibumi could make the girl as good with the spear as Cao Cao is, and the spear may be a legendary spear made by the divine smith Hephaestus. I think it would be a great option for the second knight.

Last edited by Palmito; 2018-07-22 at 16:15.
Palmito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-22, 15:52   Link #6043
TheWu8128
Hero In Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant Ruler View Post
lol crying you highly misunderstand me,I don't care about that I'm making conversation plus you never even bother saying how strong their supposed to be
I did say in post 6030 at minimum they should be high class level to ultimate class level.
TheWu8128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-22, 16:05   Link #6044
Tyrant Ruler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWu8128 View Post
I did say in post 6030 at minimum they should be high class level to ultimate class level.
than now we're talking if it's like that now I can agree with you
Tyrant Ruler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-22, 16:15   Link #6045
Lucidrago

I did the exact same thing during Rias vs Vali. You accuse me of not liking Issei because I said my prediction was for Rias to win? Before spoilers for this volume were revealed, I was saying that Issei would win against Rias. So how don't I like Issei.

That's like saying I don't like Rias when I was saying that Vali would win when Rias vs Vali was announced.

Yes I used Rias being the main female protagonist to say she would win the match. Because really if Issei gets progress towards his goals, then why shouldn't Rias? Issei's goals were to become a high-class devil and to become harem king. He has basically accomplished those two. While Issei's ultimate goal is to achieve peace.

While Rias' goal is to become the Champion of the Rating Games. The Azazel Cup easily counts as the official Rating Games. Now sure Rias still had a few years before she could compete in the professional Rating Games in the Underworld. But now the Rating Games are going through major reforms. And is being internationalised. And the Azazel Cup is the very beginning of it. So this could easily count as Rias achieving her goal of becoming the Champion of the Rating Games. And with the current Champion competing, It's official.

Rias has been sidelined in favor of other characters for most of the series. Especially Issei. Now would it do for the main female to not even achieve even one of her goals and be reduced to the sidelines once again?

Now people may say that Issei is going to win because he needs to get to the Final 4 to become a Maou or to face the Black Satan Team. But can we really ignore Rias like that?

What does Issei lose if he gets defeated by Rias? His servants are still by his side and Elmenhilde, Bova, Ouryuu, and Roygun are firmly behind him. He will still find his future servants. He will still keep gaining achievements. He can still face Balberith and Verrine as they are the two Super Devils Hades created. He can still fight Vali. He can still develop as a king outside of the tournament. And he is still the MC if he loses. And Issei hasn't expressed a desire to become Maou. He's not Sairaorg.

While Rias will be reduced to the sidelines. She'll barely have any significance outside of anything to do with Issei. She won't cave accomplished her goal of becoming the Rating Game Champion. Her development would be sidelined in favor of Issei.

Series that always have the MC win even if it would have been more beneficial for the MC to lose constantly annoy me.

I like Issei plenty. Just because I predict that Issei will lose against Rias doesn't mean I don't like him.
Old 2018-07-22, 16:45   Link #6046
Palmito

Quote:
I did the exact same thing during Rias vs Vali. You accuse me of not liking Issei because I said my prediction was for Rias to win? Before spoilers for this volume were revealed, I was saying that Issei would win against Rias. So how don't I like Issei.

That's like saying I don't like Rias when I was saying that Vali would win when Rias vs Vali was announced.

Yes I used Rias being the main female protagonist to say she would win the match. Because really if Issei gets progress towards his goals, then why shouldn't Rias? Issei's goals were to become a high-class devil and to become harem king. He has basically accomplished those two. While Issei's ultimate goal is to achieve peace.

While Rias' goal is to become the Champion of the Rating Games. The Azazel Cup easily counts as the official Rating Games. Now sure Rias still had a few years before she could compete in the professional Rating Games in the Underworld. But now the Rating Games are going through major reforms. And is being internationalised. And the Azazel Cup is the very beginning of it. So this could easily count as Rias achieving her goal of becoming the Champion of the Rating Games. And with the current Champion competing, It's official.

Rias has been sidelined in favor of other characters for most of the series. Especially Issei. Now would it do for the main female to not even achieve even one of her goals and be reduced to the sidelines once again?

Now people may say that Issei is going to win because he needs to get to the Final 4 to become a Maou or to face the Black Satan Team. But can we really ignore Rias like that?

What does Issei lose if he gets defeated by Rias? His servants are still by his side and Elmenhilde, Bova, Ouryuu, and Roygun are firmly behind him. He will still find his future servants. He will still keep gaining achievements. He can still face Balberith and Verrine as they are the two Super Devils Hades created. He can still fight Vali. He can still develop as a king outside of the tournament. And he is still the MC if he loses. And Issei hasn't expressed a desire to become Maou. He's not Sairaorg.

While Rias will be reduced to the sidelines. She'll barely have any significance outside of anything to do with Issei. She won't cave accomplished her goal of becoming the Rating Game Champion. Her development would be sidelined in favor of Issei.

Series that always have the MC win even if it would have been more beneficial for the MC to lose constantly annoy me.

I like Issei plenty. Just because I predict that Issei will lose against Rias doesn't mean I don't like him.
I did not say that you do not like Issei for choosing Rias. I said that you do not like Issei because you always seem to use arguments that only make sense for you to diminish him and his group, and when you are shown to be wrong you ignore or use some excuse to invalidate the discussion as "any thing can happen in an RG "or" Let's wait for the volume to be translated ".

Everything you said about Rias x Issei can be summed up in an argument: "I want Rias to win because she is the main female character." I'm going to use the same arguments that you used against Issei, but now against Rias, look:

What does Rias lose if she gets defeated by Issei? Her servants are still by her side. She will still find her future servants. She will still keep gaining achievements. She can still face Balberith and Verrine as they are the two Super Devils Hades created. She can still fight Diehauser in the future. She can still develop as a king outside of the tournament. And she is still the FMC if she loses.

While Rias will be reduced to the sidelines, she may still have great importance in the battle against Hades (it was for this reason that she created Balor Princess because she wants to fight alongside Issei). She can become the Rating Game Champion in the future. Her development is being sidelined in favor of Issei and the other girls in the last volumes and no one has complained about it until now.

YOU think it would be more beneficial for Issei to lose, this is just your opinion that even makes no sense as he can face Hades and participate in the tournament the same way he participated in the Rookies tournament and faced Khaos Brigade in volumes 5-10 .

See? All your arguments can be used against you. In the end you do not have a legitimate reason for Rias to win against Issei besides you desire to see Rias winning and Issei losing.
Palmito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-22, 18:33   Link #6047
Tbolt

Ise just needs to put an infomercial on underworld TV looking for strong Devil girls.
Old 2018-07-22, 19:20   Link #6048
Lucidrago

Does Issei look like Riser? That's what Riser is most likely doing so he can find his new bishop.

Surprised no one has said that Kiryuu should join his harem and peerage yet. You know since it was revealed that she is learning magic from Lavinia.

It was smart for Ishibumi to add a half-blood devil to Issei's peerage and harem. That was basically the only thing Issei was missing.

Last edited by Lucidrago; 2018-07-22 at 21:39.
Old 2018-07-22, 19:49   Link #6049
Sekiryuu12
God Member

I believe you mean Kiryuu, After all, Ouryuu is a man.
Sekiryuu12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-22, 21:44   Link #6050
Lucidrago

Yeah sorry about that.

But Kiryuu may start creating perverted techniques against males. And she will use magic where she can use a man's libido to read his moves. The only counter to the technique would be having no libido at all.
Old 2018-07-22, 22:26   Link #6051
B214

I wonder if Ise even wants her at all, i mean he may be disgusted over the techniques she use. Ise has no interest in the male body after all.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-22, 23:11   Link #6052
Lucidrago

She becomes Rias' bishop then. She becomes a genius at magic and like I said is able to read a man's moves through his sexual desires. And the more sexual desires a man has, the more effective it is. So Issei who is the embodiment of sexual desires would be at his biggest disadvantage.

I'm talking about their sexual desires in general. Not the sexual desires they are feeling at the time. That'll be for another technique.
Old 2018-07-23, 01:22   Link #6053
Lex79

Lucidrago, you have to keep in mind two things. First, Rias already accomplished her biggest goal in life. She got engaged to the man She loves and is going to marry him. Second, this is Issei's story, not Rias. Of course the focus is in him, his goals have priority, the center of the stage is for him. More, this is an harem, so Rias' role from the beginning was to be one of Issei's women. Her being the main heroine only means that she gets a bit more focus than the other girls, not that she's a coprotagonist. You have to keep your expectations in check.
Lex79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-23, 01:58   Link #6054
Lucidrago

Bring it over to the Shin High School DxD Volume 1 thread. Because It's kind of inappropriate discussing that here.
Old 2018-07-23, 08:40   Link #6055
AzazelDxD

Quote:
Originally Posted by godz View Post
someone else believes that Ingvild's song is quite romantic and could be the heavenly 12 chest as a member of the harem (since I feel that he fell in love with Issei at first sight)

ps: goodbye kiyome, hi ingvild
I think that she is one of these 12 girls too.. With the Queen position I am sure about this and make participate Elmen in this made me think that she too.

We need 3 more girls(minimum) in the peerage... I am sure that we will add one cute loli too..

Last edited by AzazelDxD; 2018-07-23 at 09:57.
AzazelDxD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-23, 14:19   Link #6056
Lucidrago

He already has two lolis in his harem. And besides Issei is not a lolicon.
Old 2018-07-23, 17:09   Link #6057
AzazelDxD

Quote:
He already has two lolis in his harem. And besides Issei is not a lolicon.
No matter if he is not a lolicon, the lolis in Issei harem are not loli anymore in EX..

There are lolis in almost all DxD peerages. I doubt that Issei will be one exception. No matter if she is a loli now, in 10 years that will have changed.

Last edited by AzazelDxD; 2018-07-23 at 17:29.
Old 2018-07-23, 17:47   Link #6058
B214

Might as well not include another then.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-23, 18:51   Link #6059
Lucidrago

There are like hundreds of devils who have peerages.

Issei, Rias, Sona, Sairaorg, Seekvaira, Riser, Ruval, Magdaran Bael, Tannin, Rudiger Rosenkreutz, Diehauser Belial, Roygun Belphegor, Bedeze Abaddon, Diod ora Astaroth, Zephrydor Glasya-Labolas, Sirzechs Lucifer, Ajuka Beelzebub, Serafall Leviathan, Falbium Asmodeus, Zeoticus Gremory, Mephisto Pheles, and a whole lot others.

How do you know that almost all of these peerages have lolis in them? Can you see the future?
Old 2018-07-24, 05:48   Link #6060
AzazelDxD

Quote:
There are like hundreds of devils who have peerages.

Issei, Rias, Sona, Sairaorg, Seekvaira, Riser, Ruval, Magdaran Bael, Tannin, Rudiger Rosenkreutz, Diehauser Belial, Roygun Belphegor, Bedeze Abaddon, Diod ora Astaroth, Zephrydor Glasya-Labolas, Sirzechs Lucifer, Ajuka Beelzebub, Serafall Leviathan, Falbium Asmodeus, Zeoticus Gremory, Mephisto Pheles, and a whole lot others.

How do you know that almost all of these peerages have lolis in them? Can you see the future?
I was talking about the adolescent peerages that we saw in dxd..

Forget that.. I do not want to start a long and silly discussion for one simple comment..

Tags
ecchi, harem, highschool dxd, oppai, romance, true harem