AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2018-07-09, 11:52   Link #4661
Palmito

Quote:
Originally Posted by bashkim1234 View Post
I have just simple question . Do you guys think, that Ise will ever obtained satan level strength in his base ? I discussed this topic with some friends, but I donīt think he will be able to gained this kind of power in his base.
It all depends on what the GR power that is within Issei is going to be. It's probably going to be a big improvement for Issei's base (I think he'll be able to at least fight Sairaorg without Regulus, just by using his own body), but maybe he'll also be able to use some OP dream/illusions ability.
Palmito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-09, 12:10   Link #4662
Lucidrago

Sairaorg with his intensely trained body and touki? That's funny.

At most I see him taking on an average high-class devil with that body nothing more.

And using dreams and illusions fall under the Wizard-type category which Issei sucks at. Why do you think Xenovia doesn't use Excalibur Nightmare at all.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-09, 12:44   Link #4663
Palmito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
Sairaorg with his intensely trained body and touki? That's funny.

At most I see him taking on an average high-class devil with that body nothing more.

And using dreams and illusions fall under the Wizard-type category which Issei sucks at. Why do you think Xenovia doesn't use Excalibur Nightmare at all.
Did you read "big improvement to Issei's base"? He is probably going to be a weaker version of Crom as how weaker it will be we'll have to wait and see.

You are imagining that he will be good at using illusions. What I am saying is that he will gain a specific skill that relates to dreams and illusions. Xenovia that you constantly judge as being an idiot who only knows how to fight using power, after training a lot already can use 4 abilities of Excalibur at the same time, made a lot of progress with Excalibur Ruler, and with more training she will eventually dominate Nightmare and Blessing as well.

In the end Ishibumi just needs to make Issei train and master the new ability, no matter if it is a type of support, wizard, or technique.
Old 2018-07-09, 12:51   Link #4664
Lex79

Quote:
Originally Posted by bashkim1234 View Post
I have just simple question . Do you guys think, that Ise will ever obtained satan level strength in his base ? I discussed this topic with some friends, but I donīt think he will be able to gained this kind of power in his base.
I think Issei having satan class power in base form and even dragon god strenght when fully powered up it's in the realm of possibility by the end of the series.
Lex79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-09, 13:03   Link #4665
Lucidrago

Well the specific skill related to that is going to be represented by his armor.

You do know how types work right? Dreams and illusions fall under the wizard category. Which Issei and Xenovia are not that good in. Not saying they won't be able to use it but it'll be something they largely won't even use. Especially in battles. Just firing off Dragon Shots and holy waves doesn't just mean you're good at Wizard-type stuff.

Issei represents the INFINITE hopes and DREAMS. That's the specific thing you're seeing.
Old 2018-07-09, 13:12   Link #4666
Palmito

Quote:
Well the specific skill related to that is going to be represented by his armor.

You do know how types work right? Dreams and illusions fall under the wizard category. Which Issei and Xenovia are not that good in. Not saying they won't be able to use it but it'll be something they largely won't even use. Especially in battles. Just firing off Dragon Shots and holy waves doesn't just mean you're good at Wizard-type stuff.

Issei represents the INFINITE hopes and DREAMS. That's the specific thing you're seeing.
And when did I say that he will constantly use the new skill? Look at the example of Dress Break. It is a skill that Issei rarely uses, but when used the right way was extremely useful in volume 6 to free Asia from a seal (?) made by DIMENSION LOST. Pailingual is an extremely specific skill, but it makes Issei almost invincible against women. It's that kind of skill I'm saying.

And infinite hopes and dreams, are the "concept" of the new skill, just as perversion is the "concept" of Dress Break, etc. The kind of ability that Ishibumi can create based on the "concept" of Dream, Illusion, and Infinity, I have no idea.

Last edited by Palmito; 2018-07-09 at 13:23.
Old 2018-07-09, 13:23   Link #4667
Lucidrago

It's most likely just going to be represented by a new armored form or another perverted technique. I thought you were talking about something entirely different than his perverted techniques. Well with Dress Break, he rarely faces women anymore. And Palingual is banned in Rating Games. And again he rarely faces women.

And Nimura just suddenly became the most OP female in this series. She countered Issei's Dress Break.
Old 2018-07-09, 13:35   Link #4668
Palmito

Quote:
It's most likely just going to be represented by a new armored form or another perverted technique. I thought you were talking about something entirely different than his perverted techniques. Well with Dress Break, he rarely faces women anymore. And Palingual is banned in Rating Games. And again he rarely faces women.

And Nimura just suddenly became the most OP female in this series. She countered Issei's Dress Break.
It is not necessarily a perverted technique. I just set the example for you to understand (and you did not understand) the kind of skill I'm talking about. Let me give you another example. Let's say Ddraig does not have those special flames ( Blazing Inferno of Scorching Flames). An example of ability based on the "concept" of infinity would be a skill that causes Issei's flames to never cease to burn the enemy. A flame that burns infinitely. Now you understand? It's that kind of skill I'm talking about.

And no, this is Issei's own ability, turning it into another Boosted Gear armor would be boring.
Old 2018-07-09, 14:02   Link #4669
Lucidrago

Well how about Issei turning into a dragon. Merging the infinite hopes and dreams with his Boosted Gear. And fully dragonifying into a giant dragon. Where he actually merges with Ddraig.
Old 2018-07-09, 14:13   Link #4670
fan

Issei can't use his armor with his dragon form. In volume 20 his armor came off when he was turned into a dragon
fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-09, 14:43   Link #4671
Lex79

Well, in Ex Issei has a giant dragon form, so there is a chance we are going to see something similar in the main series too.

Last edited by Lex79; 2018-07-10 at 12:38.
Lex79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-10, 12:01   Link #4672
Norn
Dazed and Confused

I don't think we can rule out illusions just yet. For starters we don't know how the power could take form.
Norn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-10, 19:42   Link #4673
B214

Ise's Dream and Illusion is mainly breasts. I wonder what form it'll take.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-10, 19:55   Link #4674
Lucidrago

Issei will turn into a very beautiful girl who's naked with huge breasts and perfect curves and every guy that sees Issei's form will automatically die of bloodloss.
Old 2018-07-11, 09:09   Link #4675
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I think Ise's dragon form is in EX just his fully Dragonified form. And he should be able to use the Boosted Gear in that form because Sacred Gears respond to the user's feelings and the gauntlet and armor should be able to adjust itself to Ise's size even in that form.

@fan: Recall that the only reason the that the armor came off in Volume 20 was because Ise took it off himself because the inside was getting too hot. And he only took off the helmet part, too. Go and read it again if you don't believe me.

For some reason, I'm thinking some people are forgetting the real meaning of the "types" in the terms of Rating Games. Especially Lucidrago. It's not like a Power-type can't have any technique or that a Technique-type can't have a high amount of power. That's not what the "types" mean. It's just an indicator of their fighting styles in terms of the Rating Games, and a Power-type actually can have technique. Sirzechs, IMO, does have a high amount of power (on par with Ddraig and Albion in their primes, individually (not both put together I mean)).

And I think Ise's already a High-class Devil in base. Remember my power-scaling chart for him and Vali from before? Here it is again:

Ise:
Base: High-class Devil
Balance Breaker: Ultimate-class Devil
Triaina forms: True Queen's power divided by 3
True Queen: Above Maou-class
Pseudo DxD G: Heavenly Dragon-class

Vali:
Base: Ultimate-class
Balance Breaker: Maou-class
Emperio Juggernaut Overdrive: God-class
DxD L: Heavenly Dragon-class.

I think Pseudo DxD G has the power of infinity because otherwise it'd be "usual" God-class which is below Heavenly Dragon-class. But anyway, yeah, if you think it about it, it does make sense. Why else would Ise's forms each be one class behind Vali's aside from Pseudo DxD G mode?

And because Euclid was said to be Maou-class in base and also was said to be able to bring out more than Ddraig's full power, I think Vali and Ise have to remain under Maou-class in base so that they can bring out exactly the Two Heavenly Dragons' full power in their respective forms that it has to be reflected in (you guys should already know what forms I mean). I think they'll need their forms to be in high-tier Ultimate-class. Vali's right now is probably still low-tier Ultimate-class which should be why he still can't do it.
Old 2018-07-11, 09:23   Link #4676
fan

@ Osman you only half right. When issei started change he only released the armor on his right arm. The rest happened on it own. Issei didn't release his armor on the rest of his body because his helmet came off by itself. Issei didn't release it.
Old 2018-07-11, 09:36   Link #4677
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, my bad there. You're right. But it could be that if he puts on armor for the correct size after Dragonifying his whole body first, it'll work. He also still hasn't mastered Dragonification yet.
Old 2018-07-11, 09:45   Link #4678
fan

@ Osman maybe it will maybe not who knows
Old 2018-07-11, 09:58   Link #4679
DragonOsman
Dragon King

But anyway, let's just wait and see what happens when Ise awakens Great Red's power and how much it improves his base. It's not good to jump to conclusions about how much it'll improve.
Old 2018-07-11, 10:14   Link #4680
fan

@Osman that is true