AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: High School DxD [LN/M] - Volume 25 Rating
Perfect 10 24 48.98%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 20.41%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 20.41%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 10.20%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2018-06-28, 14:55   Link #2941
Lucidrago

Hey they got two of the three most powerful Evil Dragons, so they'll be fine.

Bennu, the Egyptian Phoenix, is on Ruval's team. And Gasper has a fragment of Balor's consciousness and Crom Cruach is on Rias' team.

You need to worry about the lack of love the Japanese gods get despite this being a Japanese series.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-28, 23:15   Link #2942
Norn
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
Well, Issei in his current strongest form is definitely in the Top 20 and it won't be long until he reaches the Top 10. In order to reach the Top 10 he needs to be as strong as Indra.

Rias wants to catch up to Issei but that's going to take a while since she's still at Maou-class on her own strength. Her Balor form requires Gasper and it is High god-class at best. Akeno, Rossweisse, Koneko, Xenovia and Irina now should be Ultimate devil-class at least. Won't be long until all of Issei's fiancées are Maou-class at least. If Issei ends up being one of the strongest beings in existence, then women who are at least Maou-class really are worthy to be his wives.
I don't see Rias catch up to Issei anytime soon. For starters her growth progression is quite slow. Which is logical, since she's essentially what you get when you start at level 50 instead of 1. Rias alone isn't Maou class I think. Unless her aura matches that of Serafall and Grayfia, that is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parry999 View Post
^ Diehauser could probably find a strategy or two for beating a super devil to be honest.

No because Ddraig power was sealed so well he forgot it existed
Super Devils might be a bit too much for him to handle. Cancel type abilities tend to be rather ineffective against opponents that really outclass the user and opponents that have enough brute strength to not care. Imagine putting Trick Vanish kid in front of Chrom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parry999 View Post
It's kind of sad Celts and Epyptian didn't get their own team.norse and greek got one plus a duel hybrid team.
I wanted to see more Celts and Egyptian myths as well. Where's Nuadha' Morrigan, Chernobog, Toth, Horus, Anubis, Bastet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post

Bennu, the Egyptian Phoenix, is on Ruval's team. And Gasper has a fragment of Balor's consciousness and Crom Cruach is on Rias' team.

You need to worry about the lack of love the Japanese gods get despite this being a Japanese series.
Either he doesn't really like Japanese mythology, or he just prefers other mythology pantheons. That aside, he does feature some Japanese mythological creatures. And several gods from Japan are said to have participated in fighting Trihexa, along the Youkai iirc.
Norn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-29, 00:50   Link #2943
Royalknightftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post

As i recall, one of Japanese gods is participating in the tournament by joining Slashdog's team
Royalknightftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-29, 03:58   Link #2944
AP24

Is this Rias' usual outfit after she graduated?
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-29, 04:22   Link #2945
Emperor of D.

Quote:

Is this Rias' usual outfit after she graduated?
Who knows, for all we know it could be the outfit she wears during the tournament.
Emperor of D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-29, 05:30   Link #2946
AP24

I still don't get why the author would use a new title when he said this is already the final arc and that it will end before reaching 30 volumes. He also said the final boss might be Shiva or related to him but I don't see how.
Old 2018-06-29, 07:29   Link #2947
XFire
150% done

Quote:
I still don't get why the author would use a new title when he said this is already the final arc and that it will end before reaching 30 volumes. He also said the final boss might be Shiva or related to him but I don't see how.
He started over because that way because that way DxD did end before 30 volumes.

Shin isn't still bound by that, he said he's going to keep going as long as he can.
Old 2018-06-29, 09:42   Link #2948
Darksider555
Bringer of Darkness

So Rias has a new outfit. So nearly everyone in her team has a unique outfit:

Rias: Her new outfit
Akeno: Her miko shrine outfit
Koneko: Her Shirone mode white kimono outfit
Lint: Her battle uniform that looks like the one Xenovia & Irina weared
Gasper: He has his Balor Form

Only Kiba is now wearing the Kuoh uniform.

Ise's team has their crimson uniforms.
Darksider555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-29, 10:35   Link #2949
thefreakmike

Kiba forever the generic guy XD
Old 2018-06-29, 14:03   Link #2950
Lucidrago

@Darksider You're acting like Gasper's Balor Form is clothing or something.

Rias is a college student now so she can wear whatever she wants now.

Koneko doesn't wear that white kimono out of her Shirone mode.

The covers are for marketing purposes so sometimes what they're wearing on the covers is not what they actually wear. Like Rossweisse in a wedding dress on the Volume 25 cover.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-29, 23:38   Link #2951
syzorst
syzorst

Well Ishibumi confirms that Rias uniform on the cover of Shin Volume 1 is her raging game tournament uniform and also Issei will get a new peerage member.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ishibumi_...11505036140545
syzorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-30, 00:33   Link #2952
B214

Nothing in that tweet says what you mentioned.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-30, 02:22   Link #2953
AP24

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
Nothing in that tweet says what you mentioned.
It's in the post at the very top of the link
Old 2018-06-30, 05:46   Link #2954
bashkim1234

Well so guess how strong Sirzechs Lucifer is bit difficult,but we know for sure,that he is in base above satan level,this what Dragi said,when Ise fought Sirzechs in Volume 8 as part of his trial. Beside there will be no other host beside Ise,because Ise is dragon. And dragon have limtless lifespan .
bashkim1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-30, 06:02   Link #2955
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@AP24: Ishibumi said before that the DxD already has 30 Volumes if you count the four DX Volumes and EX, and that Shin is to reset the Volume count and get new readers to get into the series more easily from Shin Volume 1. He already changed his mind about ending before reaching 30 Volumes before he wrote Volume 25. Shin Volume 1 also includes a recap of the previous 25 Volumes so that new readers don't have to read them all to know what happens.

@XFire: Like I said, DxD already has 30 Volumes technically. We're supposed to count DX and EX.

@Ishibumi: Ishibumi has said he's afraid to use Japanese Gods. Canis Lykaon doesn't count because what Ishibumi used there is just a sword in the original myth. I don't remember the details.

Edit:
@Bashkim: Sirzechs is a Super Devil with aura 10x greater than the original Lucifer. We do know that much. And I think that at least in terms of pure power alone, Sirzechs is on par with Ddraig and Albion in there primes (note that I'm counting overall combat ability or any other stats aside from just pure power here - so not speed, endurance, defense, or even physical strength). I don't know, it's just an impression I get from Ddraig and Sirzechs' little exchange in Volume 21 when Sirzechs and Ise teamed up that they're about equal in terms of pure power.
Old 2018-06-30, 06:25   Link #2956
AP24

Someone should just tweet the author to ask about how strong everyone is now in terms of middle devil class, high devil class, ultimate devil class, maou class, god class, heavenly dragon class.
Old 2018-06-30, 06:57   Link #2957
DragonOsman
Dragon King

He doesn't reply on his Twitter, so if we ask him there, we may have to watch out for answers either in the story itself or in an Afterword. I do have a question I want to ask him, though ("Does Pseudo DxD G have the power of infinity?").

And, @AP24, I don't know why you think that Ddraig and Albion are below the Top 10. If they still had their bodies, they'd be in the Top 10. Maybe at #2. Ophis isn't in the Top 10 anymore after being Samael'd and then having her powers sealed:
Quote:
“She was someone who was a boss of the terrorists. Even if she came to our side, it would be bad if people in the Underworld found out about it. That’s why we had many seals placed on her to have her , the power of a Dragon which is a bit strong . Well, the fact is that God-class were not subjected to be reincarnated using the evil-pieces. It seemed like it was possible for half-Gods like Valkyries though.”
Even after being Samael'd, she was already being called "finite", so she'd already lost the traits of infinity in her power at that time apparently. Great Red doesn't fight so he isn't included, but if he were included then he'd be #1 because he's equal to prime Ophis. Ddraig and Albion are equal in terms of pure power. Shiva is #1. Crom is still considered Heavenly Dragon-class so although he's stronger than Ddraig and Albion (only in base stats, I'd say, since he only surpassed them with the basic abilities of a dragon and they still have Boost and Divide as well as their other abilities), I'd put him in #2 as well. Everyone on or close enough to Heavenly Dragon-class, IMO, belongs in the #2 spot at the moment. Indra is probably right below that, though I'm not sure about Thor. Typhon and Fenrir are also either #2 but just weaker than Ddraig and Albion, or at #3. Ddraig did defeat Typhon in 7 minutes or less, from the looks of the spoiler (Ddraig can only stay out for 7 minutes it seems), when he came out in Volume 25.
Old 2018-06-30, 07:04   Link #2958
AP24

@DragonOsman, I meant Top 10 of all time. If you include those who are dead or not present, Ddraig and Albion wouldn't be in the Top 10. 7 characters are pretty much confirmed to be stronger than them (Ophis (prime), Great Red, Trihexa, Shiva, Vishnu, Brahma, Crom) and possibly 5 more are too (Sirzechs, Ajuka, Indra, Balberith, Verinne).
Old 2018-06-30, 07:11   Link #2959
DragonOsman
Dragon King

But again, Crom is still Heavenly Dragon-class so I'd put him on par with Ddraig and Albion. And the fact that Ddraig was able to beat Typhon should also tell you that he'd still be pretty high up in the Top 10 if he still had his body.
Old 2018-06-30, 07:27   Link #2960
AP24

That Top 10 list Typhon was part of was Vali's opinion. It was also before Balberith and Verinne were introduced, before Crom's true power was shown, and possibly didn't include Great Red and Trihexa. Vali also wouldn't know how strong Sirzechs and Ajuka really are.