AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2017-11-26, 06:41   Link #2861
Bennia Lover
Elmenhilde Lover

Issei is way more busy than Sirzechs yet spends the same amount as Sirzechs with his family or maybe even a little more. I mean he was with one part of his family when Asia was attacked and even made the time to travel back into present, to deal with Loki all for the sake of his wife and kids. Issei surely would have been asked to remain in the future but probably declined for his family.
Bennia Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-26, 08:35   Link #2862
vietthai96
The Saiyan God

Sirzech only deal with his Devil race matter, i don't think he must go outside to the other mythologies much like Ise does in the future
Old 2017-11-26, 10:37   Link #2863
Lucidrago

I never said that Issei didn't spend time with his children. I said he BARELY spent time with his children. Something constantly referred to in EX. Yes his children know him but they admitted Issei barely spent any time with them. Neglect means failing to take proper care of. And as a father needs to be there for his children. A father who BARELY spends any time with his children would be considered a neglectful father.

Issei tries his best. And if not for his loaded schedule would have spent more time with his children. His schedule is like nothing else. Well Sirzechs was busy as aMaou, he still had plenty of time to spend with Millicas. Issei's father would go on business trips for work yet still had enough time to spend time with Issei. Because he BARELY spent any time with his children(whether for a good reason or not) makes him a neglectful father in my eyes. He wasn't a shitty dad as Ex thought but he is a neglectful father. He tries his best even with his overloaded schedule(booked for the next 200 years). His older children understand his situation. Doesn't change the facts though.

A man who kills in self-defense is still a murderer.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-26, 10:42   Link #2864
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
Yeah. Also, I'm amazed at how B214 still doesn't get the hint even though Ise's children talk like they've seen him interact with his wives and have also had interactions with him. The kids only said that their interactions with their father are very little. "Very little" =/= "non-existent". Please understand that. Like XFire said, the very fact that Kurenai and Zen can say, as if they've seen it with their own eyes, how Ise is with his wives, proves that he does spend time with them and his children have witnessed it themselves. So despite his busy schedule, he does still make time to spend with his family. Also, yeah, Milicas's relationship with Sirzechs is also like that. But we know that Sirzechs does spend time with Grayfia and Milicas. But we also know that Sirzechs has to find time in the middle of his busy schedule to do that because he's a Maou. Being a Maou must be eating away at his free time more than we think. Very similar to Ise's case in the future. And yet he isn't a neglectful father or husband. Same with Ise. Heck, when Sirzechs was leaving for the Isolation Barrier Field, Grayfia said that Milicas is more attached to him than he is to her. But Milicas also thinks that Oppai Dragon is cooler than Satan Red. It doesn't mean that he thinks of Ise as more of a father, though. He's just a fan of Oppai Dragon.
I'm more amazed at how each of you are not understanding what i'm saying at all.

I don't blame Ise for not spending time with his kids nor have i said he's a neglectful father however he's not being a doting father for sure too.

All of you used Ex as an excuse to defend Ise but as my quotes pointed out, Zen and Kurenai also noted how they have little interaction with Ise, so it means his children do feel that Ise isn't spending enough time with them but they just understand why Ise can't spent time with them.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-26, 11:02   Link #2865
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Ex still admitted he was wrong in the end and Azazel also said that the only reason Ise couldn't save Asia was because the Hyoudou Gremory family is so huge that they can't even be in the same place at the same time (and because when she was attacked, he was busy saving one of his other wives). And when Ise showed up from the future in EX, he was with one of his children (forget her name). If he doesn't spend time with his family, how come he came to the past with one of his children?

Also, Kurenai and Zen, despite saying that their father spent little time with them, didn't ever actually come out and call him a neglectful father. And the thing about Kiba being like a second father also doesn't necessarily mean Kiba took Ise's place since Ise's kids still love and think of Ise as their father. Ex even idolizes him. Ise called Great Red and Ophis his second dad and mom in Volume 22. Do you think that makes his parents' role in his life any less than what it should be?
Quote:
……Is that it, Great Red? Ophis? The Heavenly Dragon that is seeking for peace…… ……I see. That might be it. Both Great Red and Ophis are living so carefreely. They are trying to live in such way. The two Dragons that are called the strongest wants to enjoy peace. No, they are enjoying peace.

The two God of Dragons are like my dad and mom. If they are seeking for peace then it can’t be helped that me who is their child is being influenced by them……
Old 2017-11-26, 11:13   Link #2866
B214

You're comparing two very different situations here. Ise is a single child, but Ise isn't a father to a single child is he. Ise's father even had time to bring Ise to fishing. Can you seriously compare what you're saying to Ise's parents.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-26, 11:15   Link #2867
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Here we go again... we are in time loop
Old 2017-11-26, 11:16   Link #2868
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
I never said that Issei didn't spend time with his children. I said he BARELY spent time with his children. Something constantly referred to in EX. Yes his children know him but they admitted Issei barely spent any time with them. Neglect means failing to take proper care of. And as a father needs to be there for his children. A father who BARELY spends any time with his children would be considered a neglectful father.
They know him well enough to be familiar with daily life and quirks. They see Issei for a few moments and are like, "yeah, same old dad." There are also a bunch of references to him hanging out with the family, eating together, and telling his kids old war stories.

The only thing any of the other kids mention is that he's really busy. This neglect thing has been constructed out of whole cloth based on an angry kid who admitted he was wrong.

A couple of people took Ex's rant and Zen's comment out of context and began using it to bash on Issei because apparently that's the cool thing to do now.

Quote:
Issei tries his best. And if not for his loaded schedule would have spent more time with his children. His schedule is like nothing else. Well Sirzechs was busy as aMaou, he still had plenty of time to spend with Millicas. Issei's father would go on business trips for work yet still had enough time to spend time with Issei. Because he BARELY spent any time with his children(whether for a good reason or not) makes him a neglectful father in my eyes. He wasn't a shitty dad as Ex thought but he is a neglectful father. He tries his best even with his overloaded schedule(booked for the next 200 years). His older children understand his situation. Doesn't change the facts though.
That's not even close to what's actually going on though. Zen makes a single offhand comment about him being busy.

Ex doesn't even care about that, he's upset his dad let Asia get hurt.

None of the kids ever display any signs of neglect or resentment, neglect isn't even brought up on their side of the fourth wall.

The thing about him being booked doesn't mean he has no free time, just emphasizes how important he's become.

This neglect thing came entirely from this side of the fourth wall. A couple of fans read things out of context and jumped to the worst conclusion and continue to cling to it for some reason despite it being repeatedly debunked.

Quote:
A man who kills in self-defense is still a murderer.
What are you talking about? That is literally the opposite of how it works.

I don't really get how this has gone on so long, so to once again put it in perspective....

Zen is commenting on how busy his father is, and that it'd be nice if they saw him as much as they used to.

He says it offhandedly and without any kind of grudge. There is no pain or neglect, just a child pouting he doesn't get to see his father quite as often as her like.

Ex never even brings up Ise being too busy. He's mad about Asia and only Asia. A specific and isolated event. Other than that he's got a freaking complex because he thinks his father is too amazing and he can't measure up.

Its literally a rebellious child throwing a tantrum because he doesn't see the whole picture, which several characters comment on.

There is no neglect. Being busy is different from being neglectful.
Old 2017-11-26, 11:20   Link #2869
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Yup, if busy is neglectful... then our parents is neglectful...
why? Ask yourself
Old 2017-11-26, 11:52   Link #2870
Lucidrago

I feel like no one's actually reading what I'm posting. They just see the word 'neglectful' and ignore the rest of my post. Let's move on because this is getting nowhere.

So do you guys think Issei's children are attending Sona's Rating Game school? And I would like to think that all of Issei's children have peerages of their own.
Old 2017-11-26, 12:01   Link #2871
Bennia Lover
Elmenhilde Lover

Well maybe more Rating Game school like Sona's are built and they attend a different one. So yes I do believe they will. I would like the Millicas sequel to be focused on Millicas attending Auro Academy and gaining a few peerage members there. I would like the school to be where each class has 16 students = to the total members of a peerage and one person is chosen as the leader and they do peerage training and have a school peerage tournament.
Old 2017-11-26, 12:21   Link #2872
Lucidrago

Well there would be classes like swordsmanship classes, hand-to-hand combat, and magic/demonic power classes.
Old 2017-11-26, 12:22   Link #2873
godz

how do you think the Issei reactionary if a man puts all his daughters in his harem, will he be as supportive as zeoticus or will he look at him with jealousy as is baraquiel?
godz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-26, 12:31   Link #2874
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

If its my fetish... i want Ise to put all his daughters in his harems...
Old 2017-11-26, 12:36   Link #2875
Lucidrago

^I'm just going to pretend that I didn't read that.
Old 2017-11-26, 12:45   Link #2876
XFire
150% done

Quote:
^I'm just going to pretend that I didn't read that.
He's going to repeat it a lot. Ruki takes his fetishes seriously
Old 2017-11-26, 12:46   Link #2877
godz

I mean a man outside the family of Issei ... do not touch the incest please, the only topic that fortunately has not been touched on dxd.
godz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-26, 13:34   Link #2878
Parry999

^Sirzechs and Serafall
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruki0089 View Post
If its my fetish... i want Ise to put all his daughters in his harems...
I mean there not married yet Lol.
Parry999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-26, 14:28   Link #2879
Bennia Lover
Elmenhilde Lover

Incest has not been touched on DxD? Well it technically has but we don't talk about that. I just see it as Ishi being a troll with that scene.
Old 2017-11-26, 15:43   Link #2880
Lucidrago

Incest along applies in the case of two people being blood-related in my opinion.