AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2017-11-23, 13:58   Link #2781
Drcl972

I remember Azazel basically calling Issei a "shitty dad", the first time I read EX, but I can't find it anymore, I have also seen multiple people saying that Azazel really did said it, so I don't think I have dreamed it.
Does someone know where I can find that quote??? thanks
Drcl972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-23, 14:14   Link #2782
Parry999

HE is a shonen MC that is a given because Goku was dead for must of his sons childhoods lol.
Parry999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-23, 15:53   Link #2783
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Goku was dead when Goten was born. But that's not his fault - it happened by necessity rather than by choice. Plus, he was at least there when Gohan was born (though he wasn't able to watch him grow up because he was already dead at the time). Also, he does care about his family. He's just too dumb to know how to really express it. Just like how he doesn't know that lovers kiss.
Old 2017-11-23, 15:55   Link #2784
Parry999

Future trunks arc made goku to dumb.
Old 2017-11-23, 16:03   Link #2785
DragonOsman
Dragon King

It might've been true even before that that Goku and Chi-Chi have never kissed, though.
Old 2017-11-23, 17:03   Link #2786
Royalknightftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drcl972 View Post
I remember Azazel basically calling Issei a "shitty dad", the first time I read EX, but I can't find it anymore, I have also seen multiple people saying that Azazel really did said it, so I don't think I have dreamed it.
Does someone know where I can find that quote??? thanks
Did he?? I can't really recall about it.
Royalknightftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-23, 19:14   Link #2787
Drcl972

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalknightftw View Post
Did he?? I can't really recall about it.
I'm 100% sure I have seen that quote, somewhere, the problem is that I don't remember where.
I don't remember it perfectly, but Azazel's quote was something like: "very american-like Ise, you keep on making babies but not really becoming a parent, let alone a good one."
Also, some people said "even Azazel said Issei is a shitty dad", so it seems I'm not the only one who has seen that quote.
Old 2017-11-23, 20:11   Link #2788
Lucidrago

Now I remember seeing the 'shitty dad' part but that other part you mentioned was never in there. The one about being 'American-like.'

Now I just feel bad as an American.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-23, 20:39   Link #2789
aw454wtr

That was just azazel misunderstanding when he saw Ex reaction to his father, Issei can't be bad dad when he sings oppai dragon song as a lullaby, seems pretty hands on father to me its more that he is too busy keeping the world safe for his family to spend more time with them
aw454wtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-23, 21:22   Link #2790
Lucidrago

Well he isn't a bad father for lack of trying. He just has a lot of wives and kids yet his schedule is too packed to propertly spend time with them and barely has any time to see them. Naru- I mean Issei is trying his best. Imagine him teaching a young Ex about the wonderfulness(Yes I know that's probably not a word) of breasts.
Old 2017-11-23, 21:28   Link #2791
XFire
150% done

The one who called Ise a shitty dad was Ex, not Azazel, and the other kids say he was wrong.

Ex is just pissed something happened to Asia, and thinks Ise didn't care. Which he realizes was wrong when it turns out the only reason anything happened to Asia was because Use had to protect literally everyone else as well.

Ise is busy a lot, but Kurenai said he still does his best to spend time with everyone.

"Everyone" meaning a family of nearly fifty spread over multiple worlds.

He's hardly a "shitty dad"
Old 2017-11-23, 23:05   Link #2792
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

And some people still think Ise as shitty dad...
Old 2017-11-24, 09:07   Link #2793
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, it's sad. I was also misunderstanding at first, but now I stand corrected. Thanks, @XFire.

I also wouldn't really call Goku a shitty dad either. Or a shitty husband. Mainly because it's not by choice that he's like that. He does try (kind of?).
Old 2017-11-24, 10:59   Link #2794
Lucidrago

Yet Goku and ChiChi got ranked the second worst anime couple on Watchmojo.
Old 2017-11-24, 11:47   Link #2795
Parry999

Think they where the most popular in japan.
Old 2017-11-24, 12:51   Link #2796
Drcl972

Thanks for the answers guys, I was curious whether Azazel really said that specific quote or not because I didn't remember it in the novel, but I already know that Issei is a very neglectful husband and father. After all it was stated many times by different characters in EX.
Rather, I really can't understand how some people still say that Ise isn't neglectful, even after all the times it was stated that he is.
Also, even if Ise is a good person and a hero, the fact that he is neglectful mean that technically he really IS a shitty husband and dad, and I don't really remember Kurenai saying that Ise does his best to spend time with everyone.
Old 2017-11-24, 13:03   Link #2797
DragonOsman
Dragon King

He's too busy. He isn't neglectful, he just doesn't have enough time to spend with all of them. His schedule is booked for the next 200 years in EX's future.

Ex was the only one that said he's a shitty dad. And he was proven wrong. Also, as stated, he was only mad at Ise because he thought he didn't care about Asia. But he found out later that Ise was busy attending one of his other wives' parents' home when Asia was attacked and that's why he couldn't save her. He got revenge for her when he appeared in EX in his huge red Dragon form and wiped the floor with those ULs.
Old 2017-11-24, 14:25   Link #2798
Blazor 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
Yeah, it's sad. I was also misunderstanding at first, but now I stand corrected. Thanks, @XFire.

I also wouldn't really call Goku a shitty dad either. Or a shitty husband. Mainly because it's not by choice that he's like that. He does try (kind of?).
Goku is without a doubt a shitty dad. Chichi is the one who actually raises their children. Goku cares more about training and fighting strong opponents then anything. Goku choose to stay dead after the events with Cell when he could've been wished back. Not to mention he left his family purposely to train Uub. By the way I don't think Issei is a bad father considering how busy he is and how large his family is but Goku is a horrible father.
Blazor 98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-24, 15:00   Link #2799
Bennia Lover
Elmenhilde Lover

No matter what anyone says, Goku having sex doesn't make any sense lol
Bennia Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-24, 16:20   Link #2800
Lucidrago

ChiChi just told him it's another form of training and a way to get stronger. After all, a Saiyan gets stronger everytime he comes............................................. ................. back from the brink of death.