AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-09-15, 04:45   Link #1
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim (VanillaWare) [PS4/Vita]

From the creators of Odin Sphere, Muramasa and Dragon's Crown. VanillaWare now tries their hands on Sci-Fi Mecha.

Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-15, 04:59   Link #2
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

And it looks great.
Old 2015-09-15, 09:40   Link #3
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Looks like a Q4 2016/2017 game considering the game is using visuals from their 2013 New Year art. Nice to know Vanillaware is tackling something other than fantasy/medieval theme, can't wait to see what the gameplay is going to be like.
Old 2015-09-15, 17:22   Link #4
Ryuga

Vanillaware have never disappointed me and the game's visually great, as expected. I'm really looking forward to seeing the gameplay.
Ryuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-15, 23:34   Link #5
Iron Maw
Banned

Looks pretty cool so far even through the trailer tells us nothing of what it is a about.

I tend to find Vanillaware's game repetitive and tedious most of time despite their great spite work and lavish backgrounds. Approaching this with cautious optimism.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-19, 21:58   Link #6
scififan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Looks pretty cool so far even through the trailer tells us nothing of what it is a about.
It appears to fit into the tiny cockpit, the 13 pilots have to strip butt naked.

Although their appearance is young, their conversation reveals that they are been around at least 40 years.

Instead building 3D model, it is said game design are hand drawn. If it's true, the work is excruciating.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-19, 22:19   Link #7
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

still no mech gameplay...
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-21, 05:47   Link #8
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

There's a flash of gameplay screen for a few seconds in the trailer but kinda too short to make it out any details except it seems to be on a isometric view.

I hoping it would be some SRPG since there hasnt been anything with mech after Square Enix's Front Mission fell off the planet. But we shall see, feels like this TGS, we should have it's unveiling.
Old 2017-09-21, 11:54   Link #9
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
There's a flash of gameplay screen for a few seconds in the trailer but kinda too short to make it out any details except it seems to be on a isometric view.

I hoping it would be some SRPG since there hasnt been anything with mech after Square Enix's Front Mission fell off the planet. But we shall see, feels like this TGS, we should have it's unveiling.
it might come back in some form in Left Alive.
Old 2017-09-24, 01:41   Link #10
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
it might come back in some form in Left Alive.
I believe that is meant to be a FPS based on the Front Mission novel(?). It's a pity the main line hasn't return to the West since Front Mission 4 despite how good Front Mission 5 was.

It's a bit disappointing to see them trying to shoehorn in popular "western" genre in a game that is thematically and aesthetically universal (who doesn't like gritty tank like robots?).

As for Vanillaware's 13 Sentinel, the robot design seems pretty promising with it's rugged tank-like designs despite the high school settings.
Old 2017-09-24, 01:52   Link #11
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

George Kamitani's artwork is fantastic as always.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-25, 21:30   Link #12
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
I believe that is meant to be a FPS based on the Front Mission novel(?). It's a pity the main line hasn't return to the West since Front Mission 4 despite how good Front Mission 5 was.

It's a bit disappointing to see them trying to shoehorn in popular "western" genre in a game that is thematically and aesthetically universal (who doesn't like gritty tank like robots?).
Are you saying it's an FPS? Looking at the screenshots, I'm seeing third person views. And it's supposed to be a survival action game.
Old 2017-09-26, 06:22   Link #13
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

The teenagers casts somewhat remind me with Persona
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote