AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2017-09-11, 06:34   Link #941
DragonOsman
Dragon King

It's in Volume 21 or so. I could go look if you want.

Edit:
First, there's this:
Quote:
[The single existence that this poison is ineffective against is — the [Welsh Dragon][15] Sekiryuutei Y Ddraig Goch.]

Because he was said to be invincible and poisonous, he was always lonely. Because no one wanted to get close to him, no one was his rival. More accurately, even without the use of poison, Albion was an overwhelmingly powerful existence, and there were very few opponents who could stand equally against him. However, after meeting Ddraig, Albion’s thoughts and values changed.

—There was actually such a powerful dragon, and I want to become stronger with him. I want to become a brave and fearless dragon on par with him.

Albion thought about becoming a powerful dragon directly, instead of resorting to poison. To Great Red and the still infinite Ophis, that poison was useless. However, aside from existences such as them, it was effective even against gods, and Albion knew that with certainty. Even so, Albion — pursued abilities other than poison. They were [Divide] and [Reflect]. Looking at the results, Albion had successfully developed new abilities without relying on [Reduce]. If he had not encountered Ddraig, Albion would have been a dragon who only had the ability of the poisonous [Reduce]. Precisely because he encountered Ddraig who was immune to poison, Albion improved himself, changed himself, and progressed to the next level. This was the same for Ddraig. Precisely because he was a worthy opponent, he always remained in pursuit of further strength. Hence, these two dragons eventually became renowned as the Two Heavenly Dragons—.
It only says that very few opponents could stand equally against him. But that was before he stopped using his poison and trained to reach a greater height of power. After he and Ddraig became Heavenly Dragons, the number of opponents who could stand equally against them should've been much fewer. So it could be saying it indirectly.

And this is in the next chapter in the same Volume, when Ddraig's flames were unsealed after the second Dragon Deification:
Quote:
Ddraig said
[—[Blazing Inferno of Scorching Flames]. The ultimate flames which can incinerate anything. Once ignited, they will never go out. Even gods will be burnt to ashes within these flames. And the only one that it is ineffective against is Albion. …Well, if it was Great Red, or the Infinite Ophis, it might also be ineffective.]

I-Indeed, the flames which were burning through the core did not show any signs of weakening! Although it was able to regenerate after being burnt to ashes, the flames showed no signs of disappearing! To think that such ferocious flames actually existed! Wouldn’t it have been better if you told me this a bit earlier!

[That would have been impossible. Up until now — it was sealed within the Sacred Gear by the God of the Bible. Being able to release the seal here is also thanks to effects of this second Dragon Deification. Of course, I also noticed the change in Albion’s determination.]

I-I see! After all, it was a power worthy of being sealed by the God of the Bible. It really was difficult to imagine…. However, even though the core in front of us was being burnt by Ddraig’s flames, its fighting spirit did not cease. Hey, come on! The flames did not disappear, and it continued to burn…but it still looked as if nothing had happened to it!? Ddraig said

[Only a monster with incredibly strong endurance and regenerative abilities would be able to stand up like that. Since it didn’t instantaneously disintegrate the moment that it was touched by my flames, it could be described as a troublesome existence that is beyond even god-class beings.]

Last edited by DragonOsman; 2017-09-11 at 07:09.
DragonOsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-11, 08:40   Link #942
Lucidrago

Very few opponents could mean like 50 people out of the thousands of supernatural existences. Just a few doesn't mean nobody. We still have no idea where they stood in the Top 10. And not to mention that Ddraig and Albion are far older than Sirzechs and Ajuka. Do you really think god-class beings interact with others that much?

And just because you have flames that can burn anyone except your rival and those that far surpass the strongest god-class beings doesn't make you stronger than every god-class being in existence that isn't Albion, Great Red, Ophis, or Trihexa.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-11, 08:46   Link #943
B214

Well Shiva, Sirzechs and Ajuka probably could survive Albion's Poison and Ddraig's Inferno Flames. Sirzechs could probably use his POD to eliminate the flames, Ajuka could use his Kankara Formula to alter the nature of the flames.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-11, 09:16   Link #944
Lucidrago

Probably. Every being in the Top 10 could possibly counter it. The Hindu Trimurtr are pretty hacked. Indra is also pretty hacked. They're Hindu gods. It's not like Ddraig and Albion has fought these guys and know if it works on them or not.
Old 2017-09-11, 10:03   Link #945
Sparda4
Dark Knight

Well. They could try it out now. Yup, i wouldn't mind Indra getting the Reducing Inferno treatment.
Old 2017-09-11, 10:09   Link #946
Hakai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparda4 View Post
Well. They could try it out now. Yup, i wouldn't mind Indra getting the Reducing Inferno treatment.
Mahabali, what r u doing here in animesuki.

I kid, I kid.
Old 2017-09-11, 10:11   Link #947
Brawlre

Well we know God from the Bible was more op than a lot of you expected he was able to seal of Trihexa by himself for damn there forever [until someone unlocked his seal] while the hold world couldn’t even keep him in one for a day unless they sent their strongest go in there with him so I don’t think Ddraig’s or Albion’s flames and poison would be countered that easily also all three of the people who aren’t effected by their flames and poison are dragons so it most likely has something to do with race shit ise was curve stomping Trihexa [Core] who was arguably stronger the heavenly dragon in prime with those exact flames
Brawlre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-11, 10:17   Link #948
Sparda4
Dark Knight

Well a seal is still a seal so it was bound to be broken at some point. And the whole Ddraig and Albion's immunity to each other's special powers might have to do with a common thread that binds the two. No other Dragon has survived even getting near either Inferno or Reduce as far as we know so it might be that Ddraig and Albion are opposite's form the get go even before they became Dragons.

Quote:
Dragons are beings created from large masses of energy who act freely and selfishly. Despite this, Dragons have an extremely high level of intelligence.
Old 2017-09-11, 10:23   Link #949
Hakai

Quote:
Dragons are beings created from large masses of energy who act freely and selfishly. Despite this, Dragons have an extremely high level of intelligence
Fafnir, what happened to you

Last edited by Hakai; 2017-09-11 at 10:41.
Hakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-11, 10:35   Link #950
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, the only beings who are said to be able to withstand Ddraig's flames and Albion's poison are indeed Dragons and a monster that seems have some Dragon mixed in with its body (talking about Trihexa here). There might be something there.

Also, @Lucidrago, I know what "few" can imply. Normally it's just supposed to mean "ten" (if you want to be pedantic and technical). But that's not the case here. So it could be any old low number. But again, it's a low number. So 50 probably doesn't count since it's not that low. And the number became even smaller after Ddraig and Albion trained and became Heavenly Dragon-level.
Old 2017-09-11, 11:15   Link #951
Lucidrago

Only a few humans in the world are Sacred Gear possessors. And there are several billion humans living in the world. So I can say that few humans are born with Sacred Gears. 50 out of 1,000 is 5%. That's very few. You can say that it depends on the number it's out of. For example 10 out of 20 isn't few. But 10 out of 100 is few. Depends on the percentage. For example how many powerful beings in this world do you think there are. Thousands.

And remember that Rizevim had to use the Sephiroth Graal and Walburga's Incinerate Anthem just to undo the seals which were Longinus that God himself created.

Again ask yourself if Ddraig and Albion have faced the beings in the Top 10 to know if their special moves work on them or not? It's not like Ddraig and Albion has fought against every single supernatural existence in the world.
Old 2017-09-11, 11:46   Link #952
DragonOsman
Dragon King

You can take what it said about them to mean that people avoided them, though, too, right? That no one wanted to fight them? That could be why they didn't fight that many people. But yeah, you're right.
Old 2017-09-12, 02:14   Link #953
aw454wtr

At the very least Ddraig and Albion should be in the top 5 if we use crom as a baseline comparison of power, being able to use an attack that can cause cracks to the dimensional gap is seriously op doubt fenrir in his prime could do something like that
aw454wtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-12, 09:49   Link #954
Lucidrago

I'm sure that all of those in the Top 10 could do that. Remember in Volume 8 Extra Life where Sirzechs, Grayfia, Ajuka, Serafall, and Falbium just released one attack toward the sky and they ripped a hole in the Dimensional Gap? Most powerful beings could most likely do that. I doubt that you have to be in the Top 10 to cause cracks in the Dimensional Gap.
Old 2017-09-12, 12:33   Link #955
Bennia Lover
Elmenhilde Lover

They ripped a hole together.
Bennia Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-13, 05:39   Link #956
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Was Sirzechs in his true form? I would think it'd be much easier for him to do it alone if he were in his true form. Same for a completely serious Ajuka.

Ise created a distortion in the dimensional space created by Dimension Lost with just a Dragon Blaster in Welsh Dragonic Bishop, back in Volume 9, by the way. Then he created a distortion in the game space during the match against Barakiel's team with ∞ Blaster (though he was using just one arm that was transformed into DxD G state).
Old 2017-09-13, 08:36   Link #957
Bennia Lover
Elmenhilde Lover

Well Issei boosted 30 times in Volume 9 when he created Dragonic Bishop which allowed him to destroy a large city [Kyoto replica] and distort a large city area [since an artificial dimension is actually separate to what's in it].
Old 2017-09-13, 08:39   Link #958
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, but he was still able to do it and that's what counts, no?
Old 2017-09-13, 08:46   Link #959
Bennia Lover
Elmenhilde Lover

Yes it does count. Just giving the full details :-]

I think based Dragonic Bishop could do the same feat now.
Old 2017-09-13, 10:51   Link #960
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Probably. The power of all of the forms that the Triaina and True Queen consists should've been considerably due to the influence of Dragon Deification, after all. I'm still waiting for it to be completed, though. I wonder how long it'll take. Ise should be able to bring out more than Ddraig's full power after awakening ExE mode, so maybe we only have to wait until then, but Ajuka said that only the incomplete version will show itself in the tournament. Will that be enough, I wonder? Ise's base is still crap without awakening Great Red's power, after all (though if he keeps up his training, he'll still get there eventually even without Great Red's flesh).