AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2017-09-05, 17:49   Link #5801
Shippuu
┐(-。ー')┌

Arika is getting shafted so hard it's almost laughable. It's like she only existed so Negi didn't have to be a tube baby. Or maybe Ken did have an idea what to do with her once, but simply couldn't bring it into the story.

Either way this pretty much cements the fact she is not going to play any further role either in Negima or Holder.
Shippuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-05, 18:42   Link #5802
SleepingTerror
green hair, don't care

Wow. That just feels bad all around. Can't imagine what kind of explanation they're going to give, not a fan of pairing at all either. Picture looks disturbing the more I stare at it.
The picture on the left only somewhat makes up for it... Pretty cute.
Old 2017-09-05, 19:53   Link #5803
NapoleonDeCheese

I'm not going to comment on the ships until I read the chapter, but concerning the popularity poll, wow, Kuromaru gave Kirie a brutal beating. And after the former spends so much time away from the spotlight given to the later, too.
NapoleonDeCheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-05, 21:06   Link #5804
dragon1412

Ken dig himself a serious hole this time, Nagi was never been explored much even in Negima, and this just kill any potential of Arika appearing ever in UQ, and not to said that even in Negima, Arika story was always obscure and limited as ...., heck, many people still think Arika is alive.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-05, 21:21   Link #5805
NapoleonDeCheese

I don't think Arika is very popular in Japan, I don't remember her ever appearing in any popularity polls, she never got any animated apperances beyond a silent two seconds cameo in the movie, and she's never even mentioned in the spinoff manga like Neo.

Akamatsu can get away with ignoring her forever if he wants to because, whether because she was introduced too late and dropped right after or not, she never had the chance to develop a Japanese fanbase. I think I've only seen like one or two Japanese fanart pieces of her, even!

Last edited by NapoleonDeCheese; 2017-09-05 at 21:57.
Old 2017-09-05, 21:26   Link #5806
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hata View Post
Spoiler for 140:
I don't even.....Touta BTFO
Quote:
Originally Posted by NapoleonDeCheese View Post
I'm not going to comment on the ships until I read the chapter, but concerning the popularity poll, wow, Kuromaru gave Kirie a brutal beating. And after the former spends so much time away from the spotlight given to the later, too.
Perhaps Japan audience demanding Kuromaru more than Kirie?
Well, Kirie always get dragged attention than Kuromaru recently.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-05, 22:07   Link #5807
SilverGlavenus

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
Ken dig himself a serious hole this time, Nagi was never been explored much even in Negima, and this just kill any potential of Arika appearing ever in UQ, and not to said that even in Negima, Arika story was always obscure and limited as ...., heck, many people still think Arika is alive.
Ken pretty much fucked his own story now. I remember everything about Nagi trying to save Arika, but he just completely ditched her. And here I thought she would have a larger impact on the story.

It's true that Nagi was a vague chapter, he was neither established to be a player nor a faithful husband, so him marrying Eva is kinda bullshit.

Poor Touta, he got owned in both his timeline and the other. What irritates me the most is the fact that in UQ, Eva keeps going back and forth between the three. It is a waste of time for Touta to invest in someone who can't even decide who she loves. Especially after Touta said to Eva in Dana's castle that she would love a cooler red haired guy. That makes Eva's feelings seems forced af.
SilverGlavenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-05, 22:10   Link #5808
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Normally, men won't tell their crush to love someone else... But since touta is two years old mentally when it to love... Can understand that but I won't accept it... I think I should stop reading this for a while...
Old 2017-09-05, 22:24   Link #5809
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

This manga is getting worst and worst

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-05, 23:22   Link #5810
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
This manga is getting worst and worst
Yeah this had so much potential but now just unbearable to read.
Those nostalgia fans must be happy now they get satisfied Negima ending now. UQ Holder condition remind me to Goro Miura quote from Bakuman to Ashirogi Muto i don't really remember what he said but basically he was saying to the duo when they wanted to wrote script according fan wishes for don't listen to every fans demand and should focus to write your manga your own.
He might was bad editor but he do have point.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-06, 00:32   Link #5811
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Will fans in Japan rage...? Don't know but I hope they will... This story become so ridiculous...
Old 2017-09-06, 01:33   Link #5812
Homura7

Just one picture caused this much of an overreaction? This thread went to shit really fast.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-06, 07:34   Link #5813
Hata
時の異邦人

people were speculating the final LM (female apostle form) Negi and Asuna defeated was Arika. without seeing the raw I have no comments, except we know LM originally was a female before possessing people to extend her life.

since Kuromaru won the poll, there will be a Kuromaru (female version) pactio card included within the November Bessatsu Shonen Magazine to hype the UQH TV series. depend on the design of the card I might be tempted to buy one. (price of a single magazine might be the cheapest way to get an official pactio card ever.)

there is a special limited edition UQH 14 cover
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....1Gdu-hUnhL.jpg
Old 2017-09-06, 08:34   Link #5814
Homura7

Well, if that's true then that explains why they are tearing up.
Old 2017-09-06, 09:45   Link #5815
Random14

When is this series actually going to get moving again? Its just several years too late to really care about Negi's story (after how Negima ended). Not that Touta is a great character but not interested in unsurprising flashbacks, to an alternate timeline at that.

Spoiler for speculation:
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-06, 12:24   Link #5816
Homura7

I just remembered, afte these events Eva went to find another Nagi in a different timeline who was available.

What a waste of time, saliva, and your poor finger toes you have done, many of you.
Old 2017-09-06, 12:36   Link #5817
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knighto View Post
I just remembered, afte these events Eva went to find another Nagi in a different timeline who was available.

What a waste of time, saliva, and your poor finger toes you have done, many of you.
Kinda makes her cheap to settle for leftovers. Any Nagi will do for her. Doesn't matter if she doesn't have history with him so long as she gets his D.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-06, 12:48   Link #5818
NapoleonDeCheese

Quote:

My guess is the Eva who returned Asuna to the past is the Yukihime from Holder. She already knew that timeline's Evangeline would marry Nagi, so instead of getting in the way she went away to find her own happiness elsewhere. I'm mostly sure she doesn't necessarily mean she's aiming for another Nagi, that'd just be a classic Evangeline way of saving face by insisting she won't give up.

Last edited by NapoleonDeCheese; 2017-09-06 at 13:24.
Old 2017-09-06, 16:33   Link #5819
SleepingTerror
green hair, don't care

Quote:
Well, if that's true then that explains why they are tearing up.
Not true for me, Eva and Nagi just make a cheap, awful pairing :/
Absolutely no development on their end, and if UQ didn't ruin Eva's character already, this would have.
Old 2017-09-06, 17:15   Link #5820
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckE View Post
Nagi x Eva ROFL

It sounds cringe as hell. I mean he loved Arika and did not look like a person who will decide to remarry somebody else later. What happened to Arika?
She's a retcon character as far as I'm concerned. When you read Negima and examine the timeline of events (not talking about multi-verse timeline stuff), Arika only works during the war on the Magic World. After that, she stops working as a character because of Eva. Eva hung out with Ala Rubra long enough to become trusted by them despite her supposed evil ways. During all that time, no Arika. Eva traveled with Nagi for however long. During all that time, no Arika. Indeed, there's so little Arika, Eva didn't even know about her until Al mentions it during the Magic World arc.

Then there's Negi. Negi is conveniently born about the same time that Nagi is possessed, only his mother disappears about the same time. So Negi grows up an orphan. He never thinks about his mom, only his dad. Apparently the villagers never talk about Negi's mom either as they are shown to frequently discuss the Thousand Master. In fact, Negi doesn't seem to even realize he might actually have a mother until Arika is introduced as a character in the Magic World arc. Then suddenly its no longer just his dad, but it's mom and dad.

I'm told that Akamatsu-sensei is frequently asked about Arika and his answer is always the same - its a mystery. To me, that translates to, "I really don't have an answer because anything I come up with clashes with stuff I've already established. So forget Arika and lets move on to something else."

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, mother-con, negima, sequel, time travel, waiting for love