AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2017-09-01, 00:03   Link #821
B214

Lets not forget Ise has some advantages Sirzechs never had. Ise has the support from other factions like the FA, Angel, Youkai and Norse just to name a few. During Sirzechs' time, he had none of this support.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-01, 04:27   Link #822
Lucidrago

I really don't expect Issei to become Maou/Satan. Like I said, some devils were afraid the Maou/Satan would gain too much influence and power in the Underworld through political marriages and would abuse their power and become tyrannical, etc. That's just my guess. But Issei only has Rias and Ravel and plus his other wives would serve to foster better relations between the Underworld and other factions like Kunou with the Youkai, Akeno with the fallen angels, and Irina with the Angels. So it's no problem if he has HIS harem. Maybe it's not rule, but a custom/tradition that was created because the old devils would get fussy and complain about it if it looked like the Satans were gaining too much power and they just agreed to that rule just to calm the old devils' fears. We already know what happened last time the Satans had too much power. Remember the Great War?
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-01, 07:35   Link #823
Bennia Lover
Elmenhilde Lover

With Vali being the foster brother of Vidarr who is now the leader of Asgard, Issei will have lots of support from the Norse world due to Vali supporting him and Vidarr will help with this influence.
Bennia Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-01, 10:27   Link #824
Lucidrago

So based on my guess here's what I think everyone's potential pawn piece values in this tournament are:

1 pawn- Girls of the Student Council(besides Tsubaki and Sona), Misteeta Sabnock

2 pawns- Asia, Liban Crocell

3 pawns- Bennia, Sona, Tsubaki, Seekvaira, Ladora Bune(Sairaorg's rook), Beruka Furcas(Sairaorg's knight), Ravel Phenex

4 pawns- Rias, Akeno, Koneko, Rossweisse, Xenovia, Irina, Loup Garou, Kuisha Abbadon, Heracles, Jeanne, Lint Selzan, Valerie Tepes

5 pawns- Kiba, Gasper, Le Fay Pendragon, Kuroka

6 pawns- Baraqiel, Vasco Strada, Arthur Pendragon, Lavinia Reni, Georg

7 pawns- Issei, Vali, Sairaorg, Dulio, Tobio, Cao Cao

8 pawns- Gods and god-class beings
Old 2017-09-01, 16:14   Link #825
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
I really don't expect Issei to become Maou/Satan. Like I said, some devils were afraid the Maou/Satan would gain too much influence and power in the Underworld through political marriages and would abuse their power and become tyrannical, etc. That's just my guess. But Issei only has Rias and Ravel and plus his other wives would serve to foster better relations between the Underworld and other factions like Kunou with the Youkai, Akeno with the fallen angels, and Irina with the Angels. So it's no problem if he has HIS harem. Maybe it's not rule, but a custom/tradition that was created because the old devils would get fussy and complain about it if it looked like the Satans were gaining too much power and they just agreed to that rule just to calm the old devils' fears. We already know what happened last time the Satans had too much power. Remember the Great War?
Now this I can agree with. Though I think it's possible for him to become a Maou (but like Brawlre said, he isn't interested in that, so it most likely won't happen).

What Bennia Lover said about Vali is also true.

Why think of Kings who have no Evil Pieces inside them in terms of Pawn values, though? Like Rias or Sona? It doesn't make sense to me.
Old 2017-09-01, 17:46   Link #826
Tbolt

Kings who had the king pieces did not have them "inside" they just carried them around..
Old 2017-09-01, 17:56   Link #827
DragonOsman
Dragon King

You're probably right, but we saw it only with Deihauser when he showed it. And we know he didn't use the King Piece. The others, IIRC, didn't show them. So the people who were using them may have had them inside themselves. But I wasn't including the King Piece in that since it's already discontinued; the point I was trying to make is that Rias and other Kings who have no Evil Piece inside them, let alone a Pawn Piece, shouldn't be thought of in terms of Pawn values because they aren't reincarnated and also aren't in anyone's peerage, either.
Old 2017-09-01, 18:00   Link #828
Tbolt

Your right trying to put a pawn piece value on a king is a little foolish.
Old 2017-09-01, 18:28   Link #829
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Well, I guess if it's someone like Ise who is a King while also being in someone else's peerage as well, then it's fine, but for Kings whom that doesn't apply to? That's what seems weird to me.
Old 2017-09-01, 18:52   Link #830
Lucidrago

That has nothing to do with it. I'm talking about based on their strength what their pawn piece value in this tournament would be if they competed as one. Has nothing to do with reincarnation and the like. Because you did notice I put Issei at 7 pawn pieces despite him being worth 8 pawn pieces. Why do you think Saji who was reincarnated with 4 pawn pieces is worth 5 pawn pieces for this tournament? I'm speaking in terms of how the tournament rate team members who participate as pawns.
Old 2017-09-01, 19:01   Link #831
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I know. And it's fine in that case, but it does still seem a bit weird to think of Kings in terms of Pawns.
Old 2017-09-01, 22:08   Link #832
Lucidrago

Well I'm just judging how many pawns they'd be worth in this tournament by their strength and power level. I'm just judging how strong they are considered by tournament standards.
Old 2017-09-02, 02:46   Link #833
Sparda4
Dark Knight

I agree with most of Lucidrago's list but i'm a little iffy on Rias and Akeno being worth four. Rias soloed an Ultimate class (we don't know how strong but was still given the rank) and Akeno is ALWAYS just behind Rias in power. I'd say they are worth 5. And if Kiba is worth 5 he can solo a lot of pepole but as far as we know he can't without using the Demon Swords. His Sacred gear be it Sword Birth or Blade Blacksmith aren't strong enough to be much of a threat unless the element drain powers are used. Drag trooper can borrow time but that's about it against someone very strong. If the knights can use the Demon swords then they can be a threat otherwise the normal holy or demon swords aren't that threatening. If Sword of Betrayer could combine with Drag trooper then i could see Kiba being worth 5 pawn pieces.
Old 2017-09-02, 03:58   Link #834
n0m@n
C-Z

I just read the first half of DX4 and I am impressed with the battle between Team Sairaorg and Team Cao Cao. Tbh I cant be bothered reading Team Ise vs Team Sona after this lol. Probably should have put the Team Ise vs Team Sona first than Team Sairaorg vs Team Cao Cao lol.

But man. Team Cao Cao is just hax. I thought Cao Cao's Queen would be Guan Yu's descendant. But not the man himself who became a God! I was surprised since I avoided all the spoilers by not coming to this thread much as I can. Even though Team Sairaorg lost, it doesn't feel like a utter defeat for Sairaorg since he was able to defeat Hercules and also fought Cao Cao till the end. Pretty satisfied with the way it ended since Team Sairaorg losing was expected.

Sairaorg's attack power is on par with Ise and is above Vali according to Cao Cao. But man. A single punch of Sairaorg's punch in Breakdown the Beast mode is equal to or greater than Ise's CCQ Crimson Blaster. So Ise wont be able to beat Sairaorg BDB mode in CCQ mode. Shit. I really want a stats log/description for the characters in the future volume lol. So we can see each of the character's parameter in all 4 stats of Power, Wizard, Technique, and Support. You can pretty much guess what type they are from how they fight or what was revealed in v5 to v6.

Also I just realised that Sona Team, more specifically Saji, is the only one in this tournament who is at a disadvantage. So far he's the only character confirmed in this tournament who has a higher Piece value than the actual number of Evil Piece used. So instead of being worth 4 Pawn Pieces he is treated as 5 now. It certainly shows how much he improved. But damn. Sure he became stronger than before, but couldn't Shiva and Ajuka made a rule for reincarnated Devils to worth the same as their original Evil Piece used or less but not exceed the number of their original Evil Piece used? Having one less Pawn Piece in the tournament could affect Team Sona alot. Even the world strongest God (whoever that could be) would still worth 8 pawn piece if you follow the World Tournament rule.
Old 2017-09-02, 04:13   Link #835
Hakai

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
Sairaorg's attack power is on par with Ise and is above Vali according to Cao Cao. But man. A single punch of Sairaorg's punch in Breakdown the Beast mode is equal to or greater than Ise's CCQ Crimson Blaster. So Ise wont be able to beat Sairaorg BDB mode in CCQ mode.
Well, CCQ Ise was originally equal to Balance Breaker Sairaorg so I'm not really surprised that BTB Sairaorg>CCQ Ise even though Ise's CCQ got an upgrade in V22.

In fact I'm more impressed about the fact that Ise's Crimson Blaster might be equal to BTB Sairaorg's punch since the guy was dominating a Maou-class with those punches lol.

About Sairaorg and Ise's attack power being above Vali, it's probably without counting EJO and DxD L. Definitely without counting DxD L.

But damn looks like Ishibumi did a good job in writing Cao Cao vs Sairaorg after all, I've been wanting to see this matchup for a while since those two basically are the embodiment of technique and power in this novel.
Old 2017-09-02, 04:44   Link #836
n0m@n
C-Z

Tbh, I thought of Sairaorg's BDtB mode is only slightly stronger than CCQ but significantly weaker than Ise's current DxD G mode before reading this. So I was shocked when Ise states clearly that his there would be no chance ever for his CCQ to be a match for Sairaorg's BDtB. So if we are talking in Dragon Ball both CCQ and BDtB would be Super Saiyan 2, but Sairaorg's strength in his SS2 is waaaay greater than when Ise's in SS2 state.

Nah, I reckon Sairaorg's BDtB would be above Vali's EJO in terms of just power at this rate but weaker than EJO in a whole. Though when Cao Cao was giving his opinion about Sairaorg's power compared to Ise and Vali it was before the match during the match briefing with his team and didnt state in what forms Cao Cao was comparing the 3 of them in terms of power. But definitely weaker than Vali's DxD L and Ise's full DxD G in both battle and power wise.
Old 2017-09-02, 05:11   Link #837
Hakai

Quote:
So if we are talking in Dragon Ball both CCQ and BDtB would be Super Saiyan 2, but Sairaorg's strength in his SS2 is waaaay greater than when Ise's in SS2 state.
That's because Ise's base is trash compared to Sairaorg's base

Base Sairaorg without Regulus was stronger than Ise's Balance Breaker last time they fought iirc
Old 2017-09-02, 05:42   Link #838
Brawlre

I wouldn’t say ise’s base is crap compared to sairaorg not now anyways

Also super saiyan isn’t a set strength it’s a multiplier 50X your base form also most transformations are usually a multiplier’s hence why they train their base forms

SSJ 50X

SSJ2 100X

SSJ3 400X
Brawlre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-02, 05:49   Link #839
Krudelu
???

Base Sairaorg is stronger than BB Ise the last time they fought, which was at volume 10, but the gap between these two isn't much since BB Ise was able to do something against him at least.

In at least for the first 3 arcs Ise's base isn't that great compared to Sairaorg's.

But for currently, does anyone have a proper basis on how is Ise's base now compared to Sairaorg other than mentioning Great Red's flesh here?
Krudelu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-02, 06:21   Link #840
Sparda4
Dark Knight

Quote:
I just read the first half of DX4 and I am impressed with the battle between Team Sairaorg and Team Cao Cao. Tbh I cant be bothered reading Team Ise vs Team Sona after this lol. Probably should have put the Team Ise vs Team Sona first than Team Sairaorg vs Team Cao Cao lol.

But man. Team Cao Cao is just hax. I thought Cao Cao's Queen would be Guan Yu's descendant. But not the man himself who became a God! I was surprised since I avoided all the spoilers by not coming to this thread much as I can. Even though Team Sairaorg lost, it doesn't feel like a utter defeat for Sairaorg since he was able to defeat Hercules and also fought Cao Cao till the end. Pretty satisfied with the way it ended since Team Sairaorg losing was expected.

Sairaorg's attack power is on par with Ise and is above Vali according to Cao Cao. But man. A single punch of Sairaorg's punch in Breakdown the Beast mode is equal to or greater than Ise's CCQ Crimson Blaster. So Ise wont be able to beat Sairaorg BDB mode in CCQ mode. Shit. I really want a stats log/description for the characters in the future volume lol. So we can see each of the character's parameter in all 4 stats of Power, Wizard, Technique, and Support. You can pretty much guess what type they are from how they fight or what was revealed in v5 to v6.

Also I just realised that Sona Team, more specifically Saji, is the only one in this tournament who is at a disadvantage. So far he's the only character confirmed in this tournament who has a higher Piece value than the actual number of Evil Piece used. So instead of being worth 4 Pawn Pieces he is treated as 5 now. It certainly shows how much he improved. But damn. Sure he became stronger than before, but couldn't Shiva and Ajuka made a rule for reincarnated Devils to worth the same as their original Evil Piece used or less but not exceed the number of their original Evil Piece used? Having one less Pawn Piece in the tournament could affect Team Sona alot. Even the world strongest God (whoever that could be) would still worth 8 pawn piece if you follow the World Tournament rule.
Well if Sona can't get a servant because of Saji being worth 5 then she's in a BIG disadvantage. But it truly does show how far Saji has come in power. And Sairaorg is expected to be this strong. And I KNEW IT. He was using BtB.