AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2017-05-26, 07:06   Link #3941
Breimn

It was probably some bullshit they said so they could make more people wear those clothes lol .
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-26, 07:25   Link #3942
Windsgrace

Yeah, agreed but I feel bad for the people. I mean they believe they are wearing something dignified but really it is considered perverted.
Old 2017-05-26, 10:58   Link #3943
Morilinde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsgrace View Post
Yeah, agreed but I feel bad for the people. I mean they believe they are wearing something dignified but really it is considered perverted.
Let's hope Makoto stays very quiet otherwise their whole culture gets a huge shock
You think you have defeated us? You think you have defeated the Master's Chosen? Your efforts are for naught, Prince! We are Domini! I am Domini! We are ethereal! we are eternal! We will fight until the heavens burn and the skies fall
Morilinde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-27, 06:49   Link #3944
travelingbum

a new raw ch has came out at 11am!
travelingbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-27, 07:03   Link #3945
Hokoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingbum View Post
I've been waiting for you to say those words (ಥ﹏ಥ)
Hokoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-27, 07:23   Link #3946
Breimn

Spoilers??
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-27, 07:23   Link #3947
The One Above God
Kamijou

It's aliiiiiiivvveeeee~!

"I'll destroy that illusion!"

Last edited by The One Above God; 2017-05-29 at 11:10.
The One Above God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-27, 08:32   Link #3948
tsunade666

New raw? finally!
Old 2017-05-27, 13:48   Link #3949
Windsgrace

Hell yeah. What a nice surprise.
Old 2017-05-28, 08:44   Link #3950
Gimmesum

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingbum View Post
for real, at last
Gimmesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-29, 09:51   Link #3951
Morilinde

Being involved with Tomoki is a lot more bothersome than Senpai.

If he sees Mio, he might even want Mio as well.

wouldn't that be the best solution. 'give' Mio to Tomoki and then she eats him
Though I guess she would more be like 'not gonna eat THAT
You think you have defeated us? You think you have defeated the Master's Chosen? Your efforts are for naught, Prince! We are Domini! I am Domini! We are ethereal! we are eternal! We will fight until the heavens burn and the skies fall
Old 2017-05-29, 20:30   Link #3952
kazzuya

You do know that Mio still chose on what she eats.
I doubt that she would something that smell and look unappetizing.
kazzuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-30, 00:07   Link #3953
Windsgrace

^ It would give her a stomachache and that is saying something.
Old 2017-05-31, 10:58   Link #3954
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

^Does Mio even eat living things? I remember she use to say she wants to eat ruins or buildings or even weapons made by dwarves when she was first introduced.

I've read every translated chapter of this and I have to say the Author gives a contradiction of Makoto's personality. He tries to portray the MC as a broken human being but I honestly agree on most of his actions and reasons. But when he goes and do things that makes him look broken that when I find myself thinking "Is this really the same guy?". Like when he killed those Assassin girls without hesitation or remorse. My disbelief is mainly because Makoto doesn't really have a good reason on being a broken human being to begin with. He was raise by a loving family and although he was weak in his childhood days he manage to overcome that weakness through sheer perseverance. Other than that I can't think of a significant occurance in his life that would lead to him developing a broken personality. He lived a normal average life.

A good example of being broken would be Shirou from Fate Stay Night. Being the only one to survive the tragedy of the Fuyuki Fire gave him such a massive survivor's guilt that he developed a belief that he was saved to save others, to the point that he won't hesitate to throw away his life if he can save someone with his actions. That's a good example of being a broken human being. Makoto doesn't really have anything similar to that reason.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."

Last edited by NAJ P. Jackson; 2017-05-31 at 11:30.
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-31, 11:22   Link #3955
Morilinde

Maybe because he has stayed for almost 2 years (i think) in this messed up world that his views have started to change.I mean when he dealt with Tomoki Makoto decided to show strength when necessary. Though in combat I thin Makoto was always cold though I agree that the 'coldness' gets stronger later in the novel.

Hm you're right so far Mio has never eaten a living being but she ate dead beings (like the bandits which were killed by Tomoe in the first hyuman settlement Makoto visited)
Old 2017-05-31, 11:37   Link #3956
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Any theory on why that Shrine maiden comes up as a blank in one of the titles when Root was messing around the Guild ID. Me thinks that girl is not what she claims to be. She seem awfully eager on offering her "help" outside of Asora. Or maybe Asora is just effective in hiding her presence that even Root's magic can't identify her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morilinde View Post
Maybe because he has stayed for almost 2 years (i think) in this messed up world that his views have started to change.I mean when he dealt with Tomoki Makoto decided to show strength when necessary. Though in combat I thin Makoto was always cold though I agree that the 'coldness' gets stronger later in the novel.
To be fair to Makoto, Tomoki got what was coming to him when he was repeatedly rude in their interaction. His disrespect towards Tomoe, who he considers family, was the final straw. Anyone of us would be pissed when we're in that situation.

I don't think cold is the right way to describe him in combat. Remember that he once panicked when Sofia first face him and she cut off his fingers. He's pragmatic and he analyses the situation to find ways to win but he was never coldblooded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morilinde View Post
Hm you're right so far Mio has never eaten a living being but she ate dead beings (like the bandits which were killed by Tomoe in the first hyuman settlement Makoto visited)
If Mio ate living things then Haruka and her group would have been goners when Mio defeated them.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."

Last edited by NAJ P. Jackson; 2017-05-31 at 11:50.
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-31, 19:42   Link #3957
Darius Drake

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
Any theory on why that Shrine maiden comes up as a blank in one of the titles when Root was messing around the Guild ID. Me thinks that girl is not what she claims to be. She seem awfully eager on offering her "help" outside of Asora. Or maybe Asora is just effective in hiding her presence that even Root's magic can't identify her.
Actually, I think that it's more a "she hasn't been to the Goddess's World" thing than a "Problem with the ID card" thing. Remember, the System was suggested to Bug by Root, and likely had the Guild's Systems purposefully designed to be a part of it. In other words, the Titles Root can see on the card could easily just be a part of the System that he knows how to access. If the system can't see something, then the card can't inform Root of it. And all the system can see about the Shrine Maiden is that Makoto's made a contract with her, and that's because Makoto's been back to Bug's World.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
To be fair to Makoto, Tomoki got what was coming to him when he was repeatedly rude in their interaction. His disrespect towards Tomoe, who he considers family, was the final straw. Anyone of us would be pissed when we're in that situation.

I don't think cold is the right way to describe him in combat. Remember that he once panicked when Sofia first face him and she cut off his fingers. He's pragmatic and he analyses the situation to find ways to win but he was never coldblooded.
That was his first time properly fighting a humanoid, though, and the battle was a complete surprise to him ("Properly" in the fashion that he had to take action, his opponents could fight back against him, and he wasn't in a state of near-blind rage). Makoto, particularly whenever he got deep into the fight, has always had a tendency to become cold-blooded and efficient. The speed at which he's reached this state has increased the more often he's fought and the more prepared he is to fight. Against the three who attacked him together "recently", he was prepared due to having been in a position where he was expecting to be attacked, though not necessarily by previously unknown assassins.
Darius Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-01, 01:16   Link #3958
Morilinde

I guess you could say that Makoto fights with ruthless efficency when it comes to enemies. When the assassins struck he first thought of how to defeat them in a quick matter but when he realized that they were beyond hope he took the most efficient way to kill them.
Old 2017-06-01, 02:04   Link #3959
tsunade666

makoto isn't broken.

have you tried reading the manga? the manga has better portrayal of his inner "real" feelings. his a real deal battle maniac. he smiled when fighting mio. he unconsciously smiling when fighting.

in the web novel, it's not portray early but in the manga, it was shown through drawings and not his inner monologues that he is enjoying it.

which is why the priestess description of his white shell having cracks, and darkness is on side of it is an apt description of him.

he is just showing his realself and shedding his human behavior.

so I won't call him broken but contained or sealed because in modern world, he can't go rampage without repercussion but in this other world, with tsukiyomi's approval. he was given freedom.
Old 2017-06-02, 00:35   Link #3960
dere_lover21

Wasn't makoto a battle maniac. When his in his mode.
If you don't mind me asking... Who is haku and bai??
dere_lover21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, gods, harem, harem yet no harem, no romance, overpowered mc, power fantasy, summoned hero, webnovel